Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Leaving on a Jet Plane ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Leaving On a Jet Plane"

A _Price of Tennis_ Fanfiction

By Andrea Readwolf [andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com]

Chapter: 1/1

Rating: PG

Pairings: Tezuka Fuji

Genre: drama-relationship stuff

Warnings: Underage characters in homosexual romantic and sexual situations of self-discovery. Characters are written in character according to author's interpretation.

Spoilers: Tezuka-Germany thing

Summary: The Night Before Tezuka Leaves for Germany

Disclaimer: Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi.

Date: June 2004

Revised: August 5, 2004

Fuji followed him silently up to the bedroom. Despite this being the last day he would be in the country, Tezuka's parents were strangely absent. Story of his life, he thought with more venom than was his normal. But then he was leaving the country for at least a month with no real guarantee that when he came back he'd be able to play tennis. He was leaving his school, his friends, his family--he closed the bedroom door behind himself and Fuji by habit--his home.

"Were you going to say anything," Fuji asked the minute they were shut away in Tezuka's bedroom. "Or were you just gonna leave?"

Tezuka really had nothing he could say to that. After all, hadn't he told everyone at practice today? Didn't he tell the Regulars yesterday? Didn't he? But he found he couldn't look Fuji in the eyes, either.

"Bastard," the other boy hissed, and Tezuka tried not to let the hurt in that word hurt him, too. He didn't try to stop him when Fuji turned on him, his fist pounding into Tezuka's chest. "I hate you, you bastard!" he shouted, and then softer, "I hate you...You're so stupid. I hate you."

Tezuka's chest burned, not from the strikes of Fuji's fists, but from the pain in the other's voice... He grabbed Fuji's fist before it could connect again and allowed the other boy to fall against him, holding him while Fuji's body shook with dry sobs. It was disconcerting, to say the least, to see the always-strong teen in this display of seeming weakness.

Tezuka was afraid to let go. If he could, he would bring the other boy with him to Germany, but... what good would that have accomplished, really? Fuji was needed here in Tokyo, with their team and family, more than he needed to be with Tezuka. Even if it meant being separated for a time.

Slowly, Fuji settled, his head still butted into Tezuka's chest, hands splayed over his waist. "How long?" he croaked. "How long will you be gone?"

"I don't know," he answered as honestly as he could. "As long as it takes. Maybe only six weeks... maybe...longer."

Fuji's eyes closed, though Tezuka never saw them open, as he weighed that answer. Six weeks... that was two games' worth of time, at least...

"I won't say goodbye," he whispered, drawing a step away from the other boy, enough to put at least thirty centimeters between them, enough to look Tezuka in the face with a trademark Fuji smile. "I won't say goodbye, because Tezuka will be coming back, ne?"

He could only nod, his throat constricting too tightly, his tongue feeling too swollen... Tezuka's hands dropped from around Fuji's shoulders to settle at his waist in a loose embrace. And that's when blue eyes suddenly flashed, searing into Tezuka with the raw force of a seriously pissed-off angel.

"But so help me..." the blond warned. "If I hear that you've been looking twice at any of those European kids," Fuji said, inching closer and closer towards him, a hand moving up Tezuka's back until his reached his neck and squeezing. "If they so much as *touch* you," he growled.

Tezuka smiled, leaning back into the wall as Fuji's body pressed flush into his. "Possessive much?" he murmured, eyes drifting shut as dexterous fingers worked into his scalp.

"You belong to me," Fuji confirmed, angling his face up those few short centimeters it took to bring their lips together.

Tezuka hovered away, allowing his breath to kiss over Fuji's face while stubbornly withholding his lips. "Just remember, Syusuke," he growled, fingers digging possessively into the lean flesh of Fuji's hips, pulling him closer, drinking in the younger man's moan of hazy pleasure. "The same applies to you."

The kiss was slow, gentle for their norm, but no less pleasurable for all its reserved intensity. When they finally broke apart for good, Tezuka's head leaning back against a silky-haired pillow, Fuji resting his head on Tezuka's shoulder, his finger tracing idly patterned over his love's back, he whispered, "Tonight... tonight just hold me?"

If Tezuka was surprised, he didn't show it by word or body action. Instead, his arms tightened around Fuji, pulling him closer into himself and placing soft tiny kisses against his hair.

"I love you."

Fuji's eyes closed, a single blue tear slipping past his cheek and into the soft fabric of Tezuka's sweater.

"I love you, too."

~~~Notes:

Andrea: Saaa! Fuji's and Tezuka's relationship always seems so volatile to me!

Readwolf: That's because you write it that way.

Andrea: {aghast} Who told you such a gross lie! If it was really me writing this story, this chapter would have ended with them both naked and scrumpin', and you know it!

Readwolf: {thinks} Hn. Point ceased.

Andrea: {pleased cats sounds} =3 ^,^

Readwolf: Now, weren't you saying something about that Ryoma-kid and Momo?

Andrea: {blinks} Oh. Yeah. That's right. Hn. Well, let's see... what else can I do to procrastinate..... hmm....

Readwolf: >.< users...

Andrea: :-p computers!

Readwolf: Oh, look. Is that a Prince of Tennis dvd I see sitting in my drive? Hmm? No, must of been mistaken...

Andrea: >.< sadistic bitch... {grumbles}

Readwolf: {smirks} takes one to know one.

~~~****~~~