Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ New heart ❯ Playing tennis ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Next day at practice, Eiji was as usual being his bubbly self, talking to Oishi.

"And then she used my favorite toothpaste….."

Oishi blinked once or twice in confusion. Listening to Eiji was interesting, but he really wasn't sure what the animated boy was babbling about. He nodded and smiled nervously in agreement, unaware that his small gestures only encouraged Eiji to go on and tell everything that happened to him the weekend , even if the line between the events wasn't really connected.

`Poor Oishi-senpai……..' Ryoma thought.

"Okay, all Regulars assemble here, the rest go and start your practice." Ryuzaki-sensei ordered.

Slowly all the Regulars began to gather around her.

"As you all know, the Championship Tournament is starting in mid-August. So I want all of you to work hard for first place. And since they are also holding a Championship for Girl Tennis. Inui and Tezuka will be training you all as I will be busy training the Girls' Tennis Club. SO NO SLACKING!"

With that Ryuzaki-sensei walked off towards the Girls' Club. Leaving a smirking Inui as he push his glasses up to prevent them from slipping.

"You all will first begin your training by strapping 1kg of weights to your legs to increase your stamina. So if you all would kindly follow me……"

As the storage room was next to the Girls' Tennis Club, they had to walk through the area, which caused most of the girls practicing there to avert their attention. Buzzing filled the air, but Ryoma paid no attention to them and pulled his cap down. Ryuzaki-sensei walked over to see what caused the commotion.

"What are you all doing here? Shouldn't you be practicing?"

"Ah….We were just coming over to take the weights." Inui-senpai replied.

Then a what seemingly boy wearing a cap walked towards Ryuzaki-sensei. Surprisingly Ryoma found the pair if eyes familiarly enchanting.

"Excuse me, but I would like to try for the Girls' Tennis Club…"

"I'm afraid you can't join, as you said it's a Girls' Tennis Club."

"But I am a girl…"

And as if to emphasis the point the "boy" took off the cap. Long blond hair fell into place. At that time Ryoma felt his cheeks were on fire all over again.

"Ne, Ochibi-chan is blushing!" Kikumaru exclaimed loudly.

Everyone including Tezuka starred at him amusingly.

"Mada mada dane…."and pulled his cap down some more.

"Interesting data….must write down." Inui mumbled.

"Okay, if you want to join then you must play against one of the seniors. Since now we only accept those could play well, as now there are too many members for some reason or another."

The girls who were starring blankly at the boys before, immediately snapped out of their dream and blushed madly at that comment. For the reason they joined tennis was to see the boys in the opposite court.

"Fine, I'll play…."

Caine neatly place her blond hair underneath the cap and walked towards the court with a racket in her right hand. All of the sudden everyone started gathering around the court, excited to see the outcome.

"This match will be between Caine and Aiko"

All the gasped in shock, knowing that Aiko is their captain and probably the best player on their team. Caine would definitely stand no chance against her.

"Now, won't this be interesting…."mumbled Fuji.

Everyone turned their head towards their tensai.

"Nyah? What's interesting?" asked Eiji with a puzzle look on his face.

Everyone also starred blankly at Fuji.

"Well, Aiko had won Fuji in the previous match before……. " Inui said while flipping through the pages of his notebook.

"Does that mean that the blond girl there will lose for sure?" Momoshiro inquired.

"We'll see about that…"

All of them shift their gaze upon Caine. Apparently Caine has heard them, Momoshiro quickly apologize and kept his mouth shut. Ryoma, who was leaning against a tree nearby, was drinking Ponta.And if anyone dared to lift his cap from his head, one could see clearly that his cheeks has a nice shade of red on it.

It wasn't that long after Caine has first serve that she has already won, with a score of 6 to 1 everyone there was amazed. Even Fuji's eyes were wide open now, impressed by the newly transferred student's skills.

"Everyone run fifty laps now!"

While running Ryoma could not stop thinking about Caine. Not only because she was pretty but also highly skilled. Wait a minute…..did he just say that Caine was pretty? He must really be losing it, she is the "ugliest" girl he has ever seen.

"Then why do you keep blushing whenever you see her?"

Shocked, Ryoma quickly turn around to see himself facing the ever so smiling prodigy. He did not realize that he has been mumbling out what he was thinking. Once more he found himself pulling his cap down again to hide the tinge of pink colour on his cheeks.

"Mada mada dane….."

"Practice is over for today. Everyone is dismissed." Tezuka said, then walk towards the clubhouse with the smiling tensai following him.

`Finally' Ryoma thought with a relief, though his face did not change. He has some how managed to master the skill of controlling his facial expression. However it did not work when he is around Caine. Ryoma very so often find himself blushing uncontrollably.

While cycling home, ignoring the noisy chattering that Momo-senpai, Ryoma was lost deep in his train of thoughts. Why did his body react in this way? He keep thinking and did not even realize that he has reached home until…….

"OI, ECHIZEN!" Ryoma almost lost his balance.

"Whoa, what were you thinking about. I've never seen you so daze before…"

"Mada mada dane ….."

"……is it about the new transferred student, Caine?" Momoshiro teased, a playful grin broke out of his face.

Ryoma nearly fell again. Momoshiro smirked, knowing that there was definitely something going on in Ryoma's head.

`That boy has never been this flustered before….'

Before Momoshiro could further tease the poor boy, Ryoma ran into his house as fast as he could. Leaving a confused looking senpai.

`You can run Echizen, but you can't hide……'Momoshiro crackled evilly.

Please Review