Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Nya ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

This spawned from a conversation my friend and I had over cat noises.
Nya
“And… there. Finished.”
Eiji looked into the mirror, to see what Fuji had done to his face. Whiskers were now painted in bold black marks across his cheeks, cat ears were placed carefully on top of his head, and a strap on cat nose was covering his own.
Eiji could only let out one simple phrase: “Nya!”
Fuji smiled, turning him around so Oishi could get a good look.
“It's kind of scary,” the other half of the Golden Pair said. “I could actually imagine him coming into school like this.”
Fuji nodded and left the room to get the supplies for Oishi's face. They were dressing up for Halloween, and Fuji seemed a master at creating animal faces.
“This is perfect!” Eiji cried, stretching out his arms. “What's he going to do to you?”
“I don't know, but you look good as a cat.”
Eiji's face lighted slightly, but it couldn't be seen through the make up. He jumped forward, landing beside his partner, touching his cheeks to make sure the whiskers were dry.
“We should buy you a tail.”
“Maybe. Nya!”
It was, of course, the only thing cat-Eiji could say to the whole subject. He would probably spend the night repeating the word over and over again.
“You are…” Oishi paused, turning Eiji's chin to get a closer look at the costume. “It's cute.”
“Nya, Oishi, I'm cute. The cat ears just add to that.”
He laughed, pulling the acrobat closer to give him a kiss. The door opened, they jumped apart, and Fuji smiled at them.
“This isn't the time to be undressing each other,” he said in an airy tone. He held out the plastic nose he was going to use on Oishi. “We've got somewhere to be.”
The Golden Pair blushed, Eiji pouted, and Oishi let the nose cover his own. In only a few minutes he was painted to resemble a mouse, and Eiji laughed.
“Nya, Oishi-kun! I'm not sure if I'm the cute one anymore. At least I'm not the one who has to say `chuu.'”
It was going to be a long night.
Notes:
The `chuu' thing is my own personal joke. No, not really. In “Wallflower” vol. 3, the mice surround her and say “Kissy.” The joke only makes sense in Japanese, though. Their noises sounded like “chuu” which is the Japanese word for “kiss.”
Nya is the noise often used by cats in animes. I don't know why. In America, cats say “meow.” In Japan, they saw “Nya.”
Which, just explained to me Nya-chan's name. I do love that cat.