Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Operation Unsolved ❯ Case 1: Operation Unsolved 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Operation Unsolved
Author:
Nekocin
Genres: Action, Mystery
Type: Alternative Universe, Continuation?
Warnings: OoC [possible on Oshitari's part], OCs [just a few, I promise they won't have really major roles], some not-so-lovely scenes at the beginning and some swinging here and there.
Pairings: ... Not sure yet...
Rated: PG13 --> R
Additional notes: hints of shounen-ai, inspired by: 1) Japanese fanarts, 2) a picture of Kikumaru, Oishi and Tezuka in police uniform, 3) a Weiss Kreuz [Alternative Universe] story, 4) a Card Captor Sakura [Alternative Universe] story, 5) a Gundam Wing [Alternative Universe] story, 6) My own Yuugioh [Alternative Universe] stories "Haima" and its side-fics and maybe some more which I must have forgotten.
Disclaimer: Tennis no Oujisama belongs to Konomi-sensei. He's the genius behind the scenes. I'm just borrowing his characters for this story. Of course I'll bring them back in one peace with everything attached and all... *smirks*
The song "GET FREE" by Sasaki Nozomu [Akutsu Jin] also does not belong to me, neither does the lyrics.

1.

A pair of booted feet crossed the diimly-lit room carefully avoicing the splatters of blood on the carpeted floor. He was an uninvited guest. The silhouette of the uninvited guest leaned over to what had once looked like a human body.

He pulled out a pair of surgical gloves.

"What's your position?" A voice through his communicator sizzled softly in his ear.

"Down to ten o'clock. It seems like-" he pulled away the black gloves he's currently wearing and slipped the other pair of gloves on. "-we're in luck"

He picked up a half-drenched-in-blood green bandana from where it laid, nearby the corpse.

"Really? Now get out of there. THEY are coming!" the voice through the communicator pointed out.

As if on cue, he heard some shuffling in front of the apartment door.

"Herr Schwarzgerald!" someone called out and knocked determinedly on the front door. "Herr Schwarzgerald-!"

BAM!

The door's kicked open. And suspiciously, the balcony's curtains danced as the night air breezed in.

~XXX Operation Unsolved part 1 XXX~

"Exclusive Update, 44-year-old Herr Schwarzgerald, Germany's Minister of Defense, was found dead in his apartment approximately around 23:15 PM. The police had arrived about ten minutes later after receiving a tip from an anonymous caller. This case is currently lead by Superintendent Oishi Syuichirou. So far, there's no lead to to Herr Schwarzgerald's killer. Our condolences to Herr Schwarzgerald's family- szzzzzzz" Countless sizzle noises overpowered the morning news on the radio.
That's not a surprise since it's 9:30 AM.

Mrs. Inui, 54, sighed dejectedly as she looked at the clock once again.

"What's that boy always doing at 9:30 AM?" she muttered under her breath while retying her apron's ribbons. "Now I've missed another one of these morning headlines" Oh well, she could always rely on her neighbour Mrs. Horio, who's known for her gossiping talent. Nothing really escapes that woman's ears when it comes to these sorts of news.

TING!

Breakfast's ready!

"Breakfast, Sadaharu!" Mrs. Inui called out.

Someone's feet shuffled noisily down the halls towards the kitchen. A disheveled-looking guy appeared round the corner, muttering something ["Ii data..."] as he scribbled rapidly in his notebook.

"Good morning"

He stopped writing and looked down at his shorter mother, his pair of glasses glinting.

"Good morning. What on earth have you been doing in your room, Sadaharu? Now I've missed the morning headlines" Mrs. Inui pouted as she passed him a plate with warmed up sandwiches.

"Just working, mother. Most of my working equipment disturb the radio signals the radio is getting" he nibbled absently on his sandwich, while resuming his writing in that green notebook of his.

Mrs. Inui sighed again, wiped her hands on the apron and took her place at the kitchen table.
"Can you explain to me what kind of work you're doing? You always come with new notebooks to write in, there's also the case of technical difficulties with our electronics, more strange envelopes on our doorstep and even more strangers stopping by without giving me their names..." Mrs. Inui complained considerably.

"I'm sorry. I'm not allowed to give away... information... Company's orders. But don't worry about the technical difficulties. I'll be sure to use a different satellite next time. But there's 80% chance of buying another one though-"

He paused in mid-sentence.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

His pager went off. It's time for work.


"Syusuke, there's a call for you from Miss Kujaku, the Model" A woman called out from behind the black screen door, which was the only exit of the 'Red' Room.

With a laid-back smile and closed eyes, Fuji Syusuke looked up from the pictures he'd been busy developing for the last few minutes.

"Ah. I'm busy with my _stuff_ at the moment so could you tell her to call me at some other time, please? Thank you." he looked down at the wet pictures in the sink and carefully picked them out one by one with a pin.

"She won't be happy with the delay of her call _again_, Syusuke" his sister commented behind the black screen as the sound of footsteps padded away.

"I guess she should be..." he said slowly to himself and hung the wet pictures on a clothesline above his head to dry. As he dried his hands, he let out a satisfied sigh. His attention trailed towards a lonely-looking photo camera on the farthest counter of the sink unlike his other prized camera [which was safely tuck in his room].

At last he reached out to the camera and held it close, his smile disappeared.

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

His pager went off.

Right on time.

"Nee-san, Yuuta! I'm off to my -other- work" he called out, slipping into his usual friendly smiling face as he stepped out of the 'Red' Room.

"Again? Why did you even become a Professional Photographer when you already have a job -or whatever your work is, Aniki?" Yuuta, his brother, commented out loud as soon as he saw his older brother head towards the shop's second exit.

Actually, it's the other way around, he mused inwardly. He's a Professional Photographer first before taking a second job- the one he shouldn't be telling his family about, because of company rules.

"Aww, how sweet of you worrying about aniki's well-being, Yuuta. I'll treat you on our date tonight, okay?" The big brother's smile widened as he reached for the handle of the exit door.

Yuuta sputtered in surprise while 'nee-san shook her head lightly muttering under her breath ["My family has issues"].

The second child of the Fuji family slipped into his sister's prized, but old car, put on his the seatbelt and drove off towards the center of town.


"... so far there's no lead to Herr Schwarzgerald's killer-" the reporter's voice was cut off as soon as the station's changed to a different station.

~Uwabe dake no shinraikan wa kureteyaru
Hitori koko ni yume wo funde susumu yo~

The familiar music beat echoed in the car; it's one of the hits of some popular boys' group called... something, something Shounan or was it Yamabuki?

~Na bakari no kizuna to ka Gensou no ai Kawasenai
Kyo bakari no Re: MAIL ourai Sore ga sonzai no imi ka?
GET FREE... GET FREE...~

Echizen Ryoma didn't care as long as the annoying reporter's not on air.

~Mirai Risou Kibou Soko ni wa mou Kodawaru koto wa nai yo
Kimarimonku dake no yuujouron Kudaranai bakari sa
Nareau koto dake no anshinkan Sore ga nan'ni naru no ka?
Iyashi ga hoshikerya kureteyaru Hitori ni nareba ii sa~

"'ch! What's the world coming to? Germany won't be happy about this" he muttered to himself as he drove his car -bought with the money he'd been saving since High school- into the busy streets of the city.

~Kokoro ni seou G wo tokihanate
Soko ni mieru kanshou naki The only one star.~

He worked for some guy, whose name he hadn't bothered to remember, as some sort of second-in-command. There's also this job where he shouldn't have bothered to listen to the radio and there's also another job at some smiling guy company and another- He sighed.

~Shinrai wo nozomu nara Kami ni akai uso wo tsuke yo
Shinjiru wa jibun no kairo Dare no mono demo nai sa
GET FREE... GET FREE...~

That day the stupid old man's too lazy to even go to work, leaving him -the only son- to do them. He didn't bother finding out with whom he'd to work on this case.
Since Herr Sch- something- case had just been opened, Echizen had gotten the 'privilege' to work alongside that bespectacled guy... whatever his senpai's name actually was.

So he's heading to the crime scene.


"Oh, what a surprise, darling!" Inspector Oshitari Yuushi, a tall man with navy blue chin-length hair, grinned readily. The pair of glasses, perched on the bridge of his nose, glinting effectively as the inspector made his way round police cars which were parked near the sidewalk. Nearby police officers, who were trying to let the curious pedestrians move away from the suspected crime scene, didn't grant the inspector a glance.

After all, the well-known ingenious inspector Oshitari wasn't even paying attention to them. The guy's simply... erm... chasing one of their colleagues -or maybe two-, who were patrolling the crime scene's main lobby.
The inspector's known for his strange quirks; he loved to play around with people's minds. Especially when they're cute, he'd once admitted.

"Unyaa! What are YOU doing here?!"
As expected, one of the said colleagues responded in shock, while pointing a shaking finger at the inspector.

Officer Kikumaru Eiji, 27, his face scrunched in honest distaste and distrust as the smiling inspector approached him, almost seductively. His deep violet eyes widened considerably when he found himself in the other's supposedly innocent embrace.

"I'm done with my last case so I thought about helping out with this one. I didn't know you're stationed here too. It makes matters interesting now, doesn't it? We'll have lots of fun"

"What are you doing, inspector!?" Officer Kikumaru fret and pushed himself away roughly.

Oshitari's grin remained on the surface of his face; so perverted.

"Did you miss me?" the mischievous grin appeared as the inspector reached out to push the officer's bangs behind his ear.

The officer froze promptly and turned his helpless eyes anywhere except to the inspector.
Help me, he wanted to squeak out.

Knowing fully well about the inspector's reputation, no one in the police force thought it was a strange scene. The scene of having the inspector display his manipulative-seductive side to the police officer; the officer's colleagues feel sorry for him.

As if on cue, one of the officers, who'd just came out of the building of the crime scene, grabbed the back of Kikumaru's collar and dragged him to his side.
"Excuse me. I need my partner now" Kikumaru's savior grunted to the smirking inspector. He didn't wait for any acknowledgement and dragged his partner along with him.

"I'll catch up with you later, my darling and you too, honey!" The inspector shouted out to them with a sly grin playing on his lips.

Someone let out a disapproving sound.
"Inspector Oshitari, you're impossible!"

Oshitari looked at the person standing not far from him, he smirked.

"Aa, superintendent Oishi, long time no see"

He shook the other's hand firmly; it's a friendly greeting of two friends who hadn't seen each other for a long time.


"Unyaa~" Kikumaru let out a relieved sigh and smiled up at his savior. "Thank you for relieving me from him, Tezuka nya"

Officer Tezuka Kunimitsu nodded vaguely in acknowledgement as he made perfect, imposing, dignified strides into the main lobby.

"I can't seem to escape him on my own accord even if my life depended on it, nya" Kikumaru let out another frustrated 'unyaa' as he absently pulled his uniform back straight. Then he stopped abruptly as if remembering something important.

"Unyaaaa~~-!"

Tezuka instantly muffled the Kikumaru's shout with his hand covering the other's mouth.
They received some curious looks from the few people who were present in the lobby.

"We're on duty. So don't even think about it!" He gave the other a piercing glare.

Kikumaru whimpered and agreed silently to his partner's request. Tezuka freed him and waited for some explanation.

"The inspector mentioned he was going to help investigate and since superintendant Oishi's lenient -very lenient- on those who contribute their help, he will probably make an appearance often. I'm going to be stuck with him" Kikumaru pointed out, his eyes shifting to one side and then to another, comically.

"He's not going to let you get away like last time" Kikumaru said at last, looking thoughtful at his taller partner.

Tezuka's poker face remained unreadable, even when his partner hinted that the inspector would be chasing him too.
Sometimes Kikumaru wondered if Tezuka's face's muscles had stopped working at some time in the past.

"Let's go. The chief wants us to keep an eye on those who are in the suspect's apartment at the moment. The substitute photographer should have arrived by now" Tezuka spoke at last and headed to the elevator with quick strides.

"Hoi! Hoi! Wait up, nya!" the officer sprinted after his quick partner.

"Who's it this time, nya? All of the previous ones couldn't take the scenes anymore. So what makes you think this one would come, nya? He probably heard the bloody rumors here and there" Kikumaru wondered out loud as both of them stepped into the empty elevator together.

"That's why the superintendent asked for three just in case"

"Three, nya? You didn't mention anything about three"

"I just did"

"Nyahahaha,... oh. Sorry. So do you know who the substitute is, nya? Chief always tells you these sort of neat information. Why am I not allowed to know until the very last second, nya? So mean-"

Tezuka remained silent for the rest of the ride, ignoring his partner's complaining.


Echizen Ryoma stood, uninterested, near the sidewalk as he watched the active police officers -sort of- chase away curious bystanders. He's waiting for a tall guy with spiked-up hair, wearing a pair of rectangular glasses; the guy had his access card with him, since he's not really a part of the police force his stupid old man was leading in the past.

"Echizen"

Suddenly he was staring at some guy's chest. He looked up indifferently. Echizen's -not- amused. Why's he so short?

Inui Sadaharu looked down at the shorter Echizen.

"I'm late, I know. My trip had been delayed because of heavy traffic" He pushed his pair of glasses up and rummaged in his pockets.

"Your pass"

Echizen didn't even blink at his pass; he wordlessly took it.
"And you are?" he said at last.

"Inui Sadaharu. I hope you won't mind if a... an acquaintance tags along?" Inui responded, flipped open his notebook and started scribbling.

Echizen stared at him, indifferent, not bothering to answer since his senpai's decided to let his acquaintance tag along along without his consent anyway.
He snorted and clipped his pass on his breast pocket. He really wanted to finish this case as soon as possible, beat the said villain of the plot into a plump and get on with his life as Echizen Ryoma, whose cat's called Karupin. And who would one day beat his cocky old man.

It didn't take long before,
"Inui. It's nice of you to ask me to come along on this fine day. Look! I've brought my camera" A guy with chin-length brown hair approached them casually with a bland smile. Echizen watched him warily. The guy looked suspicious...

"I've estimated that you have 86% of chance of being late. Traffic should be heavy at this kind of hour. Hmmm. I guess I'm wrong again" Inui straightened and closed his notebook. "Echizen Ryoma, I like you to meet my acquaintance Fuji Syusuke. Fuji, this is Echizen"

Echizen observed the other thoroughly and nodded slightly in greeting.
"Uis"
Fuji smiled pleasantly at the other; not opening his eyes, not moving around nervously under Echizen's scrutiny... just casually holding his camera.

"I didn't know you were so cute, Echizen or I would have given you my Company's number for potential models" Fuji commented. Echizen stared at him blankly, looking uninterested altogether as he turned on his heels to go into the crime scene's building.

"Annoyed, isn't he?" Fuji smiled at his taller acquaintance as they followed Echizen.

"Aren't you as well? You hardly ever showed interest in this job. So pray tell what's your intentions?" Inui pointed out.
"...Heh..." Fuji started evasively, still smiling for no particular reason.

Their identification passes were checked carefully before they're allowed inside the main lobby.

"So why are you two here again?" Echizen stepped into the elevator, followed closely by Inui and Fuji.

"My chief had sent me over to note down... stuff" Inui explained slowly and whisked out his green notebook again.

Fuji held up his camera. "This explains everything"

Echizen nodded curtly. "I'll speak to the superintendent about lack of police force here", was all he said before ignoring his companions.

Inui and Fuji shared an unreadable look that went unnoticed to Echizen. Tapping the side of his cheek lightly, Inui raised a small eyebrow. Fuji just beamed meaninglessly and put a finger on his lips -silence-. They both shared another look and quickly straightened their postures.


They'd entered the crime scene without much difficulties; officials passed them without a second glance. The room, in which Herr Schwarzgerald's body was found, was currently ransacked carefully without disturbing the evidence laying here and there. The only thing missing in this scene was the corpse.
Several officers were walking up and down in the room, aiding the investigators silently and they never did pay any heed to the trio who'd just stepped in.

Fuji instantly held his camera readily as he purposely walked alongside Echizen. "I'd like to take some pictures without anyone around, Echizen"

"Do whatever you have to do", Echizen had muttered.

Fuji continued to smile and looked over his shoulder at Inui. "I'm afraid you've to wait in line, Inui"

"I'll see to it that you'll not be disturbed" Inui said cooperatively, instead. True to his word he'd somehow gathered all investigators, officers and Echizen outside the apartment, leaving Fuji standing.

Fuji checked his lenses and then the film as he wandered the apartment. His eyes caught the sight of the unceremoniously splattered blood on the carpeted floor. Fascinating, it's as if the more the blood splattered the more red patterns it made before the victim was killed, cruelly.

Click. Click.

Fuji carefully scanned the the room, mentally filing away certain little things in his mind; like the German chocolates in the fruit bowl on the table in the middle of the living-room, the white round spots in the carpeted floor, the broken vase with the scattered lavender flowers, the half-broken mirror hanging indignantly on the wall - he took pictures of them all.

Click. Click. Click.

He'd noticed the sofa being under the various scrutinizing of the investigators, who hoped to find something of the killer; a small piece of hair or a fingertip or some dirt... they're unimportant at the moment. He didn't have to take pictures of the sofa.

Absently, he wandered towards every corner of the room, trying to see the crime scene in a different angle. That's until Fuji found his eyes glued on the carpeted part of the floor near the balcony.

End Operation Unsolved I


TheNekoTalks:

So far, I'm very sure you all notice my writing's confusing and lacks description. And some characters didn't get their age stated. *sweatdrops* And Oshitari's the most OoC of them all [he looks like a pervert when he smiles like that *shifty eyes* Oya, I probably shouldn't have said that *hides from Oshitari's fans*] and... some things/parts probably make no sense.

Thank you for having read up till this end. I hope you'll enjoy :) If not, *sigh* then... I don't know, must be my bad writing and stuff.

*Smiley face*cin

Last note: I'd wanted to send this on my birthday... but I got distracted by TV [MTV Awards 2004 at Miami] and singing along with anime songs. AND my computer is getting wacky... it freezes more often than usual.