Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Powers ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shouts and uproars of surprise was heard as a large earthquake struck Tokyo. Although no serious damage was done, most people had toppled over, and cars had skidded accross the streets.


"What the hell was that?" Momo asked as he rubbed his head. "Its an earthquake," Ryoma responded indifferently, and got up. When they were brushing themselves off, Ryuzaki sensei came to her tennis team, where she almost stumbled amongst the yellow tennis-ball flooded courts. Most of her players got up, others were still trying.
"Hoi! That was scary, nya!" Eiji bounded over to Oishi. At least, he tried. Once his feet were in the air, they stayed there. The Seigaku regulars watched, as their teammate was suspended in mid-air. "Waaah! Get me down!" Eiji flung his arms around.
"Right!" Oishi was the first to snap out of it. Kaidoh and Momo ran to help Oishi grab onto the redhead and bring him down. As Eiji plopped down, he scraped his knee and winced in pain.
"Ah! Eiji, you should be more careful!" Oishi scolded. He grabbed Eiji's knee to see how bad the injury was. He poked it gently.
"How could I be careful?! I just came down from floa-" he stopped in the middle of his sentence to see that his scrape was slowly...disappearing. Oishi widened his eyes as his hand healed-HEALED- Eiji's injury.
"Okay, I think I need to go see a doctor," Momo said.
"Fshhh, you're not the only one," Kaidoh agreed.


"Well, your two students show no sign of injury or pecularity," the doctor said as he flipped around to face Ryuzaki sensei. "They're perfectly in good shape."
"Good shape my but, those two-" Momo's mouth was blocked off by Ryuzaki sensei. "Doctor, my student just hovered in midair by himself! Then the other one healed his injury by touching it! That is NOT fine in my book."
"Well, then I would advise you going to this couple, Sakura Reiko and Sakura Ren." he handed her a slip of paper with an address on it.
"Those are the parents of a pupil of mine. Why in the world would I go see them?" Ryuzaki sensei asked.
"Because they were the ones who first brought in their two children with signs of...pecularity."
"Then there are others like them?" Tezuka asked.
"Yes. It seems that the cause is the earthquake a while ago. Something must have happened. That's what the scientists are saying," the doctor explained.
"Then let's hurry over there. Tomoyo's family must have an idea of what's happening," Fuji urged. Ryuzaki sensei nodded in agreement, and herded her team into her car once again.

When they rung the doorbell, a pale maid answered. "H-hello. We've been expecting you. The mistress and sire are in the main room. The two children are...well...not feeling well. I'll see if I can get them out of their rooms. In the meantime, please, stay in the main room." she hurried off towards the spiraling staircase. In a few seconds, another butler emerged, greeting them. "Good afternoon, my name is Sebastion. I am Miss Tomoyo's personal butler. Come with me, I'll lead you to the main room." he guided them through two hallways, and then through three double doors, into a large room padded with red carpeting. The crystal chandeliers reflected the light beautifully. Tomoyo's parents rose as the group came in. "P-pl-please, s-sit down," Tomoyo's mother shakily gestured towards the other sofas.
"Don't get all worked up again, just, just sit down and relax, dear." a Tomoyo's father patted his wife on the back, who, in return, burst out crying from her already puffy eyes. After she had calmed down with some coffee, they started talking again.
"We got the scientists to research it some more. Now, when the earthquake hit, some unknow gas came from it, and entered the children's bodies. But it only applies to kids over the age of ten, and under the age of twenty. This gas triggered a sleeping nerve in them, and caused them to develop...powers. These nerves are in every human bing, but for some reason, only the nerves in children have been awakened. That is truly a mystery. Now whenever Brian touches anything, he turns it into a different gem. He turned by spectacles into ruby!" the plump man roared, showing them his spectacles. As they looked in awe, they confirmed for themselves that it was, indeed, a brilliant ruby, and perfect down to the last detail.
"And Tomoyo was fine up til she came back home from cheerleading practice, but after she saw Brian, she gained the ability to turn things into gems as well!" her mother wailed out.

As if on cue, the two kids entered the room, and as they touched the doornob, they turned it into emerald. Seeing this, Tomoyo burst out crying. "Waaah! I'm turning into some kind of gem freak! I'm hungryyyyy! I can't eat gems, can I?! And I can't even touch anyone now, I might turn them into some kind of topaz! Or sapphire! Or, or, or..."
"Shut up stupid," Brian said. They both had rings under their eyes, even when they had enough sleep.
"So, its true," Inui senpai wrote in his notebook.
"Hey, Tomoyo, do you think you can make some sapphires? They're my favorite." Fuji asked.
"Sure, why not?" she said sarcastically, as she tossed a large dollop of sapphires to Fuji, who caught it.
"What are they doing here?" Brian asked accusingly.
"We're here because we have the same problem as you," Tezuka answered. As he reached for his cup of juice, the cup slided on its own and into his hands.
"Okay, now my own captain's got it too," Ryoma said as he pulled the bill of his cap lower.
"Sensei, the scientists suggested that the children who have this problem stay in one area, so that they don't disturb anyone else. I've a mansion a few miles from here, secluded, yes, but they can still reach their school from there. We'll even provide methods of transportation. Will you agree to this?" Tomoyo's father asked.
"Of course. But we'll need supervisors. I volunteer myself, and I'll go see other schools. Also, since Rinko-san is away, I'm sure Nanjiroh will agree."
"Then I'm going too. I can't stay by myself, I don't know how to cook," Ryoma piped up.
"And I'm sure the parents will consent," Tezuka said.
"If possible, would it be okay if I kept my regulars here, regardless of whether or not they have powers? They may reveal them later," Ryuzaki sensei requested.
"Of course. And there is a tennis garden, four indoor and five outdoor swimming pools, tracks, stables, riding and hiking trails, anything you would see in a resort, so please, use them. It was intended to be a resort, but the kids fell in love with it, so we decided to keep it to ourselves," Tomoyo's mother said.

As it turned out, players from Hyoutei, Jyosei, and St.Rudolph have also been affected. The coaches have all agreed to be supervisors. So, in exactly two days, all of them were gathered inside the vast resort of the Sakura resident. "Sugoi! Tomoyo, I knew you were rich, but..." Eiji exclaimed as he saw the five floored, western style house. "Huh." Tomoyo responded in the bus full of kids. She sat cross-legged, beside her brother on a sapphire seat. They hadn't had a bit to eat so far, and a sore back for they had slept on diamonds and topazes. They had to get off last, too, for the other kids refused to walk on spiky peridots. "I. Hate. This." Tomoyo muttered.
"For once we agree," Brian responded. They both had a radius of three feet of clear land, for you could actually see the negativity pouring out. Even Tomoyo had turned dark.
"But...Come to think of it, did we even try to stop it?" Tomoyo asked her brother. They both stopped in their tracks. "No," Brian said slowly.
"Alrighty, then. Come on Tomoyo, you can do it! Think of the food, the beds, the FOOD! You can DO IT!" Tomoyo was determined. With a leer on her face, she took another step forward. No gems appeared. "YES!!!!!" she screamed.
"Its not working," Brian complained.
"See ya later, loser!" Tomoyo called as she ran to the door.
"Ryuzaiki sensei, mite!" She ran over to the coach and put her hand on her arm. Ryuzaki sensei squealed, but she didn't turn into a lump of ruby. "Well, looks like you conquered it for now," she commended.
"Hai!" she said happily. The other tennis players stared at her, for she was new to them. Except to Seigaku, of course.
"But I can't do it for my life!" Brian said as he came in.
"Who're they?" Youhei asked Kyouhei.
"How am I supposed to know?"
"Now isn't the time for introductions, its time for getting settled in. But, since you're standing on their property, I'll introduce you to them. That's Sakura Tomoyo, a child idol, and that's Brian, her brother. He is also the leader of his popular band." Ryuzaki sensei said. The part about the two kids' accomplishments were said a bit sarcastically, though.
And before they had a chance to errupt and let realization dawn on them from Tomoyo and Brian's CD covers, Tomoyo asked, "What about roommates?" Which silenced the room.