Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Prince of Mind ❯ Phone Call ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prince of Mind - a Prince of Tennis fanfiction
Disclaimer: Prince of Tennis isn't mine, nor are any of it's characters, however I do own my personal characters. Anyone who wants to use them, please ask for permission first!
Warning: I might turn this fic into a shounen ai, so beware. It's still in progress so I don't know how it'll turn out yet, I'll warn beforehand if a chapter contains shounen ai.
Pairings: I have no idea yet, what is sure is that this fic focuses on Fuji and Eiji and their friendship, that doesn't nessecairily mean that if there comes a yaoi-pairing that Fuji and Eiji end up together, we'll see. ^^
 
And now finally on with the fic
 
“NYAAAAAAAA!”
Birds flew up in fear as the scream broke the morning's peace.
Fuji continued to water his cacti, smile slightly widened.
“Mou, Fuji! Why don't you have any NORMAL toothpaste?!” Eiji groaned.
Fuji turned around, innocent smile in place.
“It IS normal. It only has a special flavour. You have strawberry-, orange- and pineapple-flavored toothpaste at home, don't you?”
“Wasabi-toothpaste is NOT normal, Fujiko!”
Fuji chuckled as he finished watering his cacti.
“Don't worry Hisana. Eiji just has a bit of a morning temper.”
“Nya! I don't! I don't! I - matte... who's Hisana?”
Energetic as ever, Eiji began to search Fuji's room for said girl.
Fuji chuckled again, it was always fun when Eiji stayed over.
“She's over here, Eiji” Fuji smiled as he signalled towards a small cactus.
Eiji sweatdropped.
“You even give them names, nya? And you talk to them?!”
“Saa... I haven't known her for that long yet, since I bought her just yesterday, so I give her a bit more attention now. I'm just hoping the others don't get jealous.”
Eiji figured now would be a good time to change the topic, since Fuji didn't show any signs of not being serious.
“Ma, we gotta hurry, Fujiko-chan. Or else we'll be late for school, nya!” He said, his usual grin a bit nervous.
Fuji's smile widened and a sadistic voice in his head chanted:
“Once again a freaked out Eiji for breakfast...yummy!”
 
After Eiji had run to and from three times to gather forgotten stuff, they were finally about to leave the house when Fuji's older sister, Yumiko, called them.
“Syuusuke, Eiji-san! If you wait five more minutes, I'll give you both a ride to school.”
“Sank-yuu, Nee-san” Fuji said. Eiji grinned as he bounced around the hall.
“Yatta! We won't be late for school that way! Boi Boi Nya!”
Fuji caught his friend as he nearly tripped over his neglected schoolbag.
Though it would have been quite funny to see Eiji's face as he fell, Fuji wasn't that much of a sadist to want his best friend to break his neck.
Eiji smiled apologetically.
“Gomen, Fujiko!”
“Be careful next time, Eiji-san” Yumiko smiled as she appeared in the hallway.
“Saa, shall we go?”
“Haaaai! Hayaku, Fujiko!” Eiji said, while Fuji was putting on his coat.
Both Fuji and Yumiko smiled, Eiji's sunny personality always affected one's mood, and most of the time it had a positive effect.
(AN: Fuji's smile widened here, since he's almost always smiling, lol)
They got in the car and drove of. The drive went smoothly with Eiji singing along with a song of the Chocolates on the radio, ensuring that both Fuji and Yumiko would hear the song in their heads the rest of the day.
 
Fuji waved his sister good-bye as Eiji noticed Oishi arriving at school, along with Tezuka.
“Oishi!! Fujiko's so mean, nya!!” He pouted, causing bypassing girls t giggle (AN: Nekomaru Airhead doesn't notice of course XD gotta love him ^^)
Oishi sighed and Fuji noticed Tezuka suppressing the urge to roll his eyes.
“What did you do now, Fuji?”
“Saa, I merely let him borrow my toothpaste. Good morning to you too.” He smiled innocently.
Oishi blinked, apologetically mumbling good morning and Tezuka's face showed a flash of recognition.
“Wasabi-toothpaste, NYA!”
Fuji chuckled.
 
“Kikumaru-san, please be so kind to read the next paragraph” the teacher called.
“Eh?” Eiji shot up.
“Page fifteen, second paragraph” Fuji whispered, as usual.
As Eiji finished he whispered a “Sank-yuu!” back.
There was a knock on the door. A shy girl opened the door.
“A-ano, excuse me! There is a phone call for Fuji Syuusuke-kun” The girl said, searching the classroom with her eyes.
Fuji and Eiji looked at each other, you could nearly read the question marks of their faces.
“You expecting a phone call, Fujiko-chan?” Fuji shook his head.
“Sumimasen, sensei. I'll be back soon.” Fuji said as he stood up and followed the girl, leaving a confused Eiji behind.
About five minutes later, Fuji was back with a frown on his face. He walked back to his table and began packing his stuff.
“Sensei, my family asked me to come home, saying it was an emergency.”
Their teacher nodded in understanding.
“All right, Fuji-san. Please be careful”
“Hai, sensei” He answered and he whispered “I'll call you later” to Eiji. At tennis practice he still hadn't returned.