Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Prince of Mind ❯ Doko iru no? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prince of Mind Chapter 2: Doko Iru no?
Rating still A ;)
 
Eiji's worried look as he arrived at tennis practice (five minutes late) immediately got the attention from Oishi.
“Eiji? What's wrong? Where's Fuji? Did something happen? Are you -“
“OISHI! Give me a change to answer, nya!” Eiji snapped.
Now he got the attention from all the regulars. Eiji, never snapped, and most certainly not at Oishi.
“Fujiko's family called, asking him to come home, nya. But he hasn't come back yet, so I'm kinda worried as to what happened, nya!” Eiji explained.
There was a silence in which the regulars looked thoughtful.
“There's obviously some family business going on that we have no right to stick our noses in.” Tezuka said in his usual stern voice.
“There's no use in worrying right now. Go back to practice everyone. And Kikumaru...”
“Nya?”
“10 laps for being late!”
“NYAAAA!”
 
Where am I?
`Fujiko?'
Why is it so dark?
`Fujiko? The sun is shining, nya!'
I-itai...
`Doushite? Fujiko-chan? You're scaring me, nya!'
Eiji...? onegai... tasukete... Eiji
Fujiko-chan? Fujiko! FUJIKO!
 
“NYAA!” Eiji sprang up screaming.
“Daijoubu ka na, Eiji?” Oishi asked worriedly as he ran to his doubles partner.
Eiji nodded shakingly, only now remembering where he was: In the clubroom and they had been in the middle of a meeting when he fell asleep.
Eiji blushed.
“Gomen, nya, Buchou. I didn't sleep that much last night, cause I was staying at Fujiko's place, nya. I didn't mean to fall asleep.”
Tezuka sighed, though he was slightly irritated, he didn't have the heart to make the poor boy run laps, when he had just woken up from a nightmare.
“...Just go home and get some rest, Kikumaru. Maybe you could go by Fuji's house, since you're obviously worried about him.”
“NYAA! Arigatou, Buchou! Sank-yuu! Sank-yuu!”
He looked like he was about to hug Tezuka, but thought better of it and just gathered his stuff and ran out of the room.
Oishi sweatdropped.
“he had that much energy left; you could have made him run laps, Tezuka”
“Ii Data”
Massive sweatdrop.
 
Eiji pushed the doorbell and waited impaitently for the door to be answered.
After nearly a minute he heard footsteps and the door opened revealing Fuji Yumiko.
“Konnichiwa, Yumiko-nee-san!” Eiji flashed his usual cheery grin.
“Is Fujiko home, nya?”
Yumiko blinked in surprise.
“Arre? Wasn't Syuusuke supposed to come home with you?” She asked confused.
“Demo... Fujiko got called from here to return home, didn't he?” Eiji asked.
“He didn't return after that...”
“Hontou? Demo... I don't know anything as to why Syuusuke should come home before school ended.” Yumiko said.
“Nya? So.... Fujiko isn't home?”
“No, I'm afraid not, Eiji-san. But do come in, I'll call around to find out where Syuusuke is, while you have a cup of some relaxing tea. You look a bit pale, nya” Yumiko said, hoping to cheer him up with the catlike way of speaking.
Eiji smiled.
“Sank-yuu, Nee-san!”
But when Eiji stepped inside, he felt his usual smile fade.
He had never before entered Fuji's home without Fuji himself.
And despite the fact that he had had breakfast at the same table he was staring at now, he felt out of place here now.
Normally he'd always feel at home here and Fuji and his family, where like family to him.
He knew Fuji felt the same about his family.
But now that Fuji was missing...
It just didn't feel the same.
Eiji sighed.
`Alright time to snap out of it, Eiji!'
Fuji was probably walking somewhere to straighten his thoughts...
But what in the name of Hell had happened as to why Fuji had left school and apparently had nothing to do with his family after all?
Damn, he was really worried when he started swearing, even if it was in his thoughts.
He really was being out of character now.
“Here you go, a nice cup of tea.” Yumiko said, effectively snapping Eiji out of his thoughts.
“Sank-yuu, Nee-san.” Eiji smiled again, though he knew she wouldn't fall for it.
She didn't comment on it though, she just smiled knowingly.
“I'll call my mother to see if she knows anything about Syuusuke. You just relax and enjoy your tea. Leave the worrying to me.”
 
Eiji took a sip of his tea.
It was a bit too hot still, but he barely noticed it.
`If Yumiko didn't know anything, then who had called Fujiko at school? And for what purpose?' He thought to himself.
He could hear Yumiko talk on the phone, but he couldn't make out the words. After about five minutes, Yumiko returned.
Her face held no traces of her usual warm smile.
“Do you have any idea who might have called Syuusuke, Eiji-san?”
Eiji shook his head.
“Not if it wasn't family, nya.”
The room was filled with a worried silence for a while.
Then Eiji spoke up.
“Should we call the police?”
Yumiko shook her head.
“No, they'll just say Syuusuke is walking around somewhere, being a teenager and stuff. Though we both know better, they don't.”
Yumiko sighed. “We'll have to search for ourselves. Would you call your friends to ask if they know anything and to help search for Syuusuke?”
Eiji nodded energetically.
“Of course, nya! I'll call right away!”
“Alright, I'll call Yuuta, maybe Syuusuke went to visit him.”