Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Realize ❯ The starting point ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Realize

Genre: General/Romance

Rating: PG-13

Type: Multi-part. Chapter 1/???

Warning: Shonen-ai hints, leave if you can't stand them.

Pairing: Kevin/Ryoma.

Disclaimer: No, I do not own Prince of Tennis.

Summary: This story is set by the end of the anime, when Ryoma's family moved back to America. With Seigaku members not by his side, Ryoma has resorted to mix with Kevin. During their interactions with each other, feelings arise...

***

Chapter 1-- The Starting Point!

Kevin Smith craned his neck as he tried to locate Echizen Ryoma among all the passengers coming out from the arrival gate. Tapping his shoes impatiently against the floor, he glanced at his watch for the fifth time in fifteen minutes.

'Where is that idiot?' he thought anxiously. Just then, he was hit by a sudden thought: 'What if Ryoma decided to stay in Japan instead?'

Resisting the urge to groan, he took out his cellphone and wondered if he should call up and check. But when he was about to press on the 'dial' button, Ryoma tapped him on the shoulder, startling the blonde.

"What are you doing?" Ryoma asked.

"Eh... Nothing," Kevin replied, hiding his cell phone from sight.

Ryoma shot him a skeptical look, before shrugging, "Come on, let's go..."

He followed Ryoma silently towards the direction of the convenience store, all the while berating himself mentally for not trusting Ryoma's words. For a moment, he had actually thought that Ryoma wouldn't be coming back...

Upon reaching the convenience store, he watched as Ryoma approached the shop keeper and exchanged a few words. A few moments later, Ryoma emerged from the store with a Himalayan cat in hand. Noticing his stare, Ryoma told him, "This is my cat, Karupin. I entrusted it to the shopkeeper when I decided to go back to Japan earlier on."

"Oh..." Kevin echoed, not knowing what to say. He was just about to head towards the hotel when Ryoma called him back.

"Kevin, we are not going to the hotel anymore..." Ryoma said.

"Eh? Then where are you going?" he blurted out.

"Home..." Ryoma answered simply.

For a while, Kevin felt as if the world had stopped moving. "Home?" he echoed weakly, before fury took over his mind. "What do you mean home? You¡¯re not thinking about going back to Japan, are you?"

Ryoma said nothing but waited for him to finish. As soon as Kevin had finished yelling at the other boy, Ryoma spoke up, "Are you done?"

Being caught off-guard, he could only stare at Ryoma blankly. Ignoring his gaze, Ryoma continued, "I'm not going back to Japan, in fact, I'm moving back to America."

Kevin blinked. "Huh?"

"My parents are back. I'll be moving back to the place I used to live before my family moved to Japan. If you haven't noticed, my mother does own a house in America. The home I lived in while staying in Japan belongs to my father. Now, my cousin, Nanako is staying there while my parents are back in the USA." Ryoma further explained when he noticed Kevin's look of bewilderment.

Silence was in the air as Kevin tried to absorb all the information at once. For some odd reasons, he felt relieved when he heard that Ryoma wasn't going anywhere else. Somehow, he was even glad that Ryoma would be moving back to America. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he hurried after Ryoma in the direction of the Echizen's residence.

~ to be continued~

Date started: 04/05/05

Date completed: 04/05/05

Date revised: 05/05/05