Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Elements of Tennis ❯ BET Jr. High ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Elements of Tennis
Chapter One
 
"Yo, Inui, who are our next opponents?" Momoshiro asked as he tied his Pumas.
"B.E.T. Jr. High," Inui answered as if it were obvious.
"BET?" Kikumaru asked. "What do they teach, the Gamble Tennis?"
"No, B.E.T. is a school district that strongly focuses on the mastery of the fundamentals of tennis, so much so that they even named their schools Basic Elements of Tennis, or B.E.T. for short," Tezuka responded.
"Wow," Oishi commented. "These guys must be awesome."
"Who said anything about the guys?" Ryuzaki asked, placing her hands on her hips.
"What do you mean? Isn't this the Boy's Tournament?" Kaidoh raised one of his eye brows.
"Yes, but for some reason B.E.T. has entered their girl's team instead of their boys," Ryuzaki explained. "Inui."
"Yes, Ryuzaki-Sensei," Inui noded. "Your opponents are eight very powerful and determined girls. Kurai Yami, Akari Keyona, Hikaji Merrick, Mizu Tsumi, Koorai Omoshiroi, Chikyuu LeAnne, Shinzoo Aura, and Seeshin Utusushi."
"Weird names," Kikumaru teased.
Inui cleared his throat and directed the attention of the entire club to a white screen and projector.
"Let's start with B.E.T's captain, Seeshin Utusushi," he stated as the first picture appeared on the screen of a girl with wavy red hair that went down past her shoulders. "She's a third year and wears an all silver version of the B.E.T. uniform: a short sleeve dress that goes halfway down the thigh and knee length spandex shorts. Her four attacks are: Judgment's Flame, Death's Call, Divine Arc, and Kokoro's Defense. She normally plays in the Singles Three slot."
Inui switched the picture to a picture of a girl with light brown hair that was straight and went right past her shoulders.
"Next is Mizu Tsumi, B.E.T's bench coach. She's a first year and wears a blue version of the uniform with red stripes down the sides. Her two attacks are: Tsunami of Torture and Liquid Motion. She plays in the Double's Two with Hikaji Merrick."
He changed the picture once again to a girl with black curly shoulder-length hair.
"This is Hikaji Merrick. She's a second year and her uniform is red with blue stripes down the sides. Her four attacks are: Flare of Ra, Atomic Boom, Devil's Tail, and Dragon's Rage. As already stated, she plays in the Doubles Two slot with Mizu."
The picture changed to another girl with hair that went just past her shoulders. This one's hair was cut in half, the top half being brown and the bottom half being blonde.
"Who's that and what's up with her hair?" Momoshiro asked.
"Shinzoo Aura, a second year at B.E.T. Her uniform is all hot pink and her attacks are: Heart Attack, Heart Scar, Heart Healer, and Blood of Truth. She's normally the extra player of the team, because rumor has it that during one of their games, her Heart Attack actually gave her opponent a heart attack."
Everyone winced at the thought of someone receiving a heart attack while playing tennis. The picture moved to a girl with straight black hair down to the shoulders.
"Koorai Omoshiroi, second year. She wears an all baby blue uniform and has three attacks: Frozen Wake, Frozen Wake, and Glacier Spear."
"You said Frozen Wake twice, Inui-Senpai," Ryoma commented, one of the rare occasions that he would bother speaking up.
"Yes, because Frozen Wake can be used as both an attack and a defense," Inui explained. "Now, back to the data. Koorai normally plays in the Singles Two slot for B.E.T."
The picture moved on to a girl with shoulder-length blonde straight hair.
"Who's that?" Momoshiro asked immediately.
"Down, Momo-chan," Kikumaru teased, patting his teammate on the back while trying to stifle a laugh.
"Chikyuu LeAnne: third year wearing a lavender uniform. Her attacks are Crystal Hammer, Deadly Tremor, Change of Seasons, and Gravel Slide. She plays as B.E.T.'s remaining singles slot, Singles One."
"So, what about Akari and Kurai?" Oishi asked curiously. "I'm assuming that they are the other doubles pair so why didn't you list them after Hikaji and Mizu?"
"Because, while the team as a whole is strong, and the individuals are determined, the two we really have to worry about seem to be Akari Keyona, a second year wearing a white uniform with black stripes down the side, with attacks known as Setting Sun, Blinding Light, Heaven's Flight, and Ra's Barrier," Inui explained as he points to the new picture on the screen of a girl with wavy blond hair that went halfway down her back and has a slight tint of red to it.
"But, our biggest threat on the entire team is Akari's partner, Kurai Yami," Inui explains as he points to a small figure in the background of Akari's picture.
Everyone squinted to get a better look.
"Couldn't you have gotten a better shot, Inui-Senpai?" Horio complained.
"Unfortunately, this is the best shot we can get of her."
"What?" Kikumaru and Momoshiro exclaimed.
"It's true, she moves far too fast and too often when she's on the court to get a good picture of her, and unless she's on the court, she's no where to be seen," Ryuzaki nodded her head in agreement.
"How do you know this, Ryuzaki-Sensei?" Kawamura inquired.
"I tagged along with Inui when he went to gather the data so that I could see exactly what we're up against. However, Inui was able to gather the date just like he had for the others."
"Yes, Kurai Yami is a second year at B.E.T. Her uniform is black with white stripes down the sides and she wears no shoes," Inui continued with his data.
"That's crazy, not playing with shoes," Horio commented.
Inui simply ignored his comment and continued with his data. "From what I have seen, she is the strongest member of the team, and she never allows her opponents to score a single point during the game. She has perfect attendance at school and flawless grades. Unfortunately, I did not get to witness her special moves first hand, but I overheard some of her classmates talking about them, and from what I can gather, she has four: Hell's Plight, Shadow's Bomb, Shadowed Dance of the Ape, and Gravity Glitch. From what I've heard, Akari and Kurai are about as strong as Kikumaru and Oishi."
"And possibly even stronger," Tezuka added.
"And here's another piece of data: B.E.T. has never had to go on to play their second Singles match in this tournament, and their opponents found it very rare to get a point in," Inui explained.
"Who have their opponents been?" Kikumaru asked.
"They've gone up against a few of the best, Fudomine, Yamabuki, and Hyotei," Inui answered.
"And they never got to the second Singles match?" Oishi asked; his jaw dropping.
Inui simply shook his head 'no', leaving everyone in shock.
"This new team is strong; but in order to make it to the nationals we'll have to beat them; now everyone start running your laps," Tezuka ordered.
"Yes, Sir!" everyone in the tennis club responded.
"And for anyone who takes any more than fifty seconds to run each lap, Inui's Revised Super Special Penal Tea Remix is waiting for you," Inui announced with a smirk as a glimmering sparkle came from behind his glasses.
Everyone's eyes widened before they took off around the courts, all of them screaming almost the same thing: "THERE'S NO WAY I'M DRINKING THAT STUFF!"