Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ The Pillar and the Foundation ❯ The Pillar and the Foundation ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Pillar and The Foundation
 
Author/s: Woohoo! A collaboration from Aki Rei and ice krystahl! And it's our first Prince of Tennis fic too..
 
Warning: Aki Rei: This is Y-A-O-I.
ice krystahl: And Momo is a star!
Aki Rei: Whatever. So if this stuff don't float your boat, shoo! Go away!
ice krystahl: Yeah! And Momo- chan- sempai is a STAR!
Aki Rei: And this is an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE!
ice krystahl: Which means we just playfully changed the original story, and put Momo in Hyotei!
Aki Rei: Everything else, it's the same.
Ice krystahl: Yeah, and MOMO IS A STAR!
Aki Rei: I think they got that by now.
 
Pairings: Aki Rei: MomoRyo, could be Golden Pair, and whatever struck our fancy.
ice krystahl: So be afraid. Be very afraid.
 
 
 
There are a lot of things that ore-sama doesn't like. For example, ore-sama hates the hot weather, because it makes me perspire a bit more than usual, and it ruins ore-sama's perfectly charming aura. Ore-sama also dislikes not having Kabaji around, especially when the time calls for a serious `snap-usu!' situation. In fact, there are so many things that I do not like… And I really don't feel like divulging you all of it. It takes too much of ore-sama's time and effort. I'll just tell all of you when I feel like it.
 
But if there is one thing that ore-sama doesn't like above all others - it's being one upped by my rival, Tezuka Kunimitsu. I've spent the better half of my junior high snooping and spying on that rival of mine. My motto, ore-sama shall tell you, is this: `Whatever Tezuka Kunimitsu does, ore-sama does too but ten times better'. Ore-sama doesn't want to be accused of being a copy cat after all.
 
But of course, ore-sama doesn't do that menial thing on my own. I've got servants to do that for me. And no, I'm not talking about Kabaji. Who would bring ore-sama's things around campus? Who would say yes to my every question? So of course, another lucky lackey had that job. And he's walking towards me right now.
 
I shake my head daintily. I had told that man a thousand times over not to approach me in tennis practice. What if someone overhears our conversation? That would so tarnish my hard- earned reputation and image.
 
I discreetly look around me. Shishido-Ohtori and Oshitari-Mukahi are playing in court A; Jiroh is sleeping on the bleachers; Hiyoshi is in court B terrorizing a few freshmen; Kabaji is right beside me, not that he's got anywhere to go besides… besides right beside me. The newcomer, ore-sama forgot his name, is nowhere to be found. There is no one around the vicinity. I sigh slightly through my nose and beckon the attention- grabbing, hooded man closer. Really. Who would wear a hoodie at this time of the day?
 
“Got news for me?” I ask in a low voice. No harm in being cautious at all, don't you think? The man nods eagerly.
 
I have very interesting news, young master.” I raise an eyebrow elegantly. Tezuka still have something up his sleeve? I wait for the man to divulge at once, but he seems to think that prolonging the news would be best. I roll my eyes.
 
“What is it?” Ore-sama asks at last.
 
“Tezuka had just appointed someone to be the Pillar of Seigaku!!” The man says in a hushed but excited voice. Ore-sama did a double take. Pillar of Seigaku?
 
“You mean the next captain?” I clarify. Ore-sama doesn't want to get the wrong idea after all. My servant shakes his head.
 
“I'm not sure if he's assigning him as the next captain already - since he's still a freshman, but I know that this pillar business has something to do about being the team's main source of strength.” I knit my eyebrows together.
 
“Some sort of inspiration, maybe?” I ask yet again. The servant nods slowly.
 
“Yes. Someone to look up to; draw strength and inspiration upon... Someone who would lead the team...” Sudden realization dawned on ore-sama. I snap my fingers together.
 
“I get it!! Thanks for the information. You may go now.” I say quite happily and then promptly turn my back on the man. Gears have started to work on ore-sama's brain and he does not want to be interrupted in the middle of a brainstorming. From the corner of my eyes, I see the man leave in a hurry and Kabaji shielding me instinctively from the sun and prying eyes.
 
“Kabaji…” I say slowly when I formulated a plan at last.
 
“Usu?”
 
“We need to find someone to be like ore-sama in the future, for the future of Hyotei…”
 
“Usu.”
 
 
Ore-sama's brain is starting to hurt from too much pondering. This task of finding the next me is so exhausting. There is absolutely no one in the Hyotei team who can possibly be up to par with the brilliant, shining and oh- so great skills of ore-sama, and add to that the fact that no one can be as charming as I am. I sigh my depression away as I survey the potential candidates to be the next ore-sama.
 
Shishido, Mukahi, Oshitari, Jiroh and Kabaji are all out of the list. They're third years and will be graduating come the end of the school year. That left with me with either Ohtori or Hiyoshi.
 
Ohtori is too nice. I don't think he can whip the asses of the Hyotei team in to shape. He'll be like - `Can you please train harder?' or `Please do your best' all the time. With the egos of the Hyotei students, I don't think anyone will listen to him. Hiyoshi, on the other hand, is a possibility since the guy has this take charge personality. No doubt that he can order the students around. I can definitely see him bullying and bitching his way to properly train the Hyotei team. He's kind of good too with that style of his. But he doesn't have the charm that ore-sama has!! I don't think that he even have this so called charisma!!
 
Ore-sama sighs. This is just impossible. He will never be able to show Tezuka up if he doesn't have a prodigy of his own!! This is just too depressing… Ore-sama had given up all hope when he notices a commotion at the entrance of the court.
 
“Ah, Momo!! You're late again!!” I hear Mukahi scream loudly. Really, that guy has no classy bone in his body. That is if he has any bones at all, given that impossible acrobatics he prides himself in. I roll my eyes.
 
“Sorry, sorry.” I hear someone say in a laughing voice. Ore-sama perks up when he hears that voice. It's the voice of the new comer!! As I recall, he's in his second year and had just transferred to Hyotei Gakuen. He is exceptionally good at tennis and had made the regulars in no time. The guy is also friendly. Or shall I say too friendly?! He's friends with the first years, buddies with his own age and treated as a special kouhai by his seniors.
 
“What's the reason this time, huh Momo?!” Mukahi asks this `Momo' in a challenging voice. The red head sounds stern but his eyes are smiling.
 
“Ah Mukahi-sempai, I have a perfectly good reason this time!!”
 
“Really? Is it as reasonable as the last time?” Oshitari asks sarcastically as he comes up behind his doubles partner. `Momo', the name that ore-sama's magnificent brain struggles to analyze, scratches his head.
 
What?! Feeding myself was a perfectly good excuse!!”
 
Ha!! Maybe for you! So, what's the excuse now? Mukahi huffs airily.
 
“Well, there's this special occasion my friend celebrated that I couldn't get out of early…”
 
“What occasion?”
 
“Hmm, well this friend of mine is rarely happy you know? Scowls all the time. But he's so happy today that I couldn't resist treating him to burgers…” Mukahi laughs as Oshitari chuckles. `Momo' looks confused at the reaction of the two.
 
“What now?!”
 
“Are you sure it's for your friend? Sounds to me like you just wanted to grab some food yourself.” Oshitari says as he holds back another wave of laugh. `Momo' huffs at this.
 
“Of course not sempai!! You're too mean!! Hmmp…” `Momo' finally turns his back on the two goofballs and made a beeline for Ohtori and Shishido. A moment later, the three of them are exchanging words and then suddenly laughing together, slapping each other's backs.
 
Ore-sama then spied a group of freshmen coming inside the court. Watching closely, I saw that the moment they caught sight of this `Momo', they all ran towards him screaming, “Momo- chan- sempai!!!” as if he was Santa Claus clutching a bag of goodies and gold tennis rackets.
 
Ore-sama raises an eyebrow at this. Looks like someone in the Hyotei team has a charisma that could rival his own brilliantly, shining one!! But of course, it is but a light shade compared to his own.
 
Ore-sama raises his hand to call Kabaji. He needs someone to back him up when he convinces this `Momo' to be the `Foundationof Hyotei'. Ore-sama refuses that his prodigy be called the Pillar too… He does have some originality, after all.
 
t.b.c
 
 
Aki Rei: Ore- sama is so hot.
ice krystahl: Of course he is, but Momo is way hotter.
Aki Rei: O- kay.
ice krystahl: What do you have against Momo?! WHAT?!
Aki Rei: Nothing… (whistles innocently)
Aki Rei and ice krystahl: R & R please!!