Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ What if ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
discliamer: prince of tennis is not mine, i only use them. copyright belongs to Takeshi Konomi.

chapter 1- Arrival

Bright sunlight rays showered through the court yard of Echizen's household. Ryoma was just getting ready for school when Nanjiroh strode into the dining area.

"Hey! Seishonen! your cousin and uncle is moving back to Japan today, so go fetch them from the airport after tennis practice in school today." Nanjiroh told Ryoma without looking up from his newspaper (H-magazine)

"Eh... Hiroshi and uncle Soujirou is coming back today? But aren't you supposed to be the one fetching them?"

"You're going because I told you to!" Nanjiroh answered.

"Baka Oyaji!" Ryoma glared at Nanjirou.

Glancing at the clock,Ryoma drank the two bottles of milk swiftly. Running and trying to catch up with Momoshiro's bike as he made his way to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After tennis practice...

"Echizen! want to go grab a bite before heading home?" Momoshiro perked up at the sight of Ryoma.

"Eh... Momo-Senpai, you've got to go without me today! I've something on today." Ryoma answered.

"Nani, nani! Eh... Ochibi! you can't go with us today Nya? Naze? Masaka... you have a date?" Eiji exclaimed, catching the attention of everyone in the changing room.

"Eh... is that true?" Momoshiro stared at Ryoma.

At the back of the room, Fuji was changing with his back facing them. However, he perked up at Momoshiro's question... he pause as if waiting for Echizen's answer with a serious expression on his face.

"It's not true!" Ryoma argue back, sneaking a peek at Fuji as if trying to find any clue with regards to what he was thinking now. Failing to do so, he glance at Momoshiro's watch instead and immediately fled the room as he realised he was already half an hour late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the airport...

Ryoma glance at the surrounding trying to catch a glimpse of his uncle and cousin, Hiroshi.

"Ryoma!" He crane his neck trying to locate the source of the voice, but in the process noticing Fuji hiding behind a pillar watching him. A smirk cross over his features but vanishes without one noticing it. Pretending not to care, he spun round and find himself staring at a Nanjirou look-alike, Soujirou smiling down at him. Next to Soujirou is of course, his cousin, Hiroshi.


"Well... it's been a long time since we last seen each other. How about a match after dinner later?" Hiroshi requested as he stared at Ryoma challengingly.

"Iisuyo!" Ryoma met his eyes as he answer with determination.

On their way out of the airport, Ryoma smirked at Fuji alerting the other the fact that he'd been discovered. Trying to find a way to annoyed Fuji is almost impossible as Fuji had masks his reaction up with his trademark smile, which ended up annoying Ryoma instead.


"So heard from my brother that you're now a regular player at Seigaku. You must have improve your skills after playing with so many players in the competiton." Soujirou comment.

"Mada mada dane!" was all that Ryoma answered. However, his uncle next remark had left him still for a moment.

"Oh... so confident, so I bet that you wouldn't mind if Hiroshi chose to join Hyotei instead of Seigaku?" Soujirou continued.

"Eh..." there was a pause, followed by a muffled " it's all right! I'll have more fun playing against them in future."

Hiroshi just smile without making any comments, which in turns, causes Ryoma to shudder unintentionally as he thought... ' Fuji...'

~~~~~Tsuzuku~~~~~~