Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Yagyuu no Birthday ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yagyuu no Birthday

By Andrea Readwolf <andrea_readwolf @hotmail.com>

Rating: PG-13

Genre: Random

Warnings: Characters are written in character according to author's interpretation.

Spoilers: none to my knowledge

Summary: Niou asks Yagyuu what he wants to do for his birthday.

 

Disclaimer: Tennis no Ohjisama, characters and settings are the property of Konomi Takeshi.

 

Date Started: October 11, 2004

Status: complete

Revised: November 11, 2004

Word Count: 214

 

 

"Are you going to tell me what you want to do for your birthday or am I going to have to guess?" Niou asked, falling into a lazy sprawl on his partner's bedroom floor.

 

"I don't want to do anything," Yagyuu replied, continuing to check his email.

 

"That answer's not going to work, you know. And the others already nixed my idea to dress Bunta and Kirihara up as strippers for you."

 

"Thank goodness."

 

"Hey! I'm telling you--a pair of fishnets, some high heels and bunny ears... maybe a little cotton-ball tail--"

 

"Niou. Shut up."

 

"Then just tell me what you want to do for your birthday, huh?"

 

"Perhaps I don't want to do anything? Did you think of that? Maybe I want to spend the day as normally as possible, going to school, going to practice, and then going home?"

 

Yagyuu looked down at his doubles partner, the light from the computer monitor reflecting off his glasses and making Niou's hair look shiny and silver.

 

"Nah, seriously," Niou replied after a minute. "What do you want to do?'

 

Yagyuu sighed and turned back to his email. "Whatever. It doesn't matter to me," he replied.

 

Niou grinned. "You know that opens up a world of possibilities...."

 

Yagyuu refused to sigh again.

 

~~~****~~~