Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 1 ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11

………

He hardly realized he was dreaming. He found himself on the spirit meadows, where the dead of Singing Mountain was buried. The yellow grassland stretched around him for miles as though there was no end to it. He scratched his head, wondering what he was doing at home. And how come he couldn't see the forest from where he was?

"Haritsumeta yumi no furueru tsuru yo

Tsuki no hikari ni zawameku omae no kokoro

Togisumasareta yaiba no utsukushi

Sono kissaki ni yoku nita sonata no yokogao

Kanashimi to ikari ni hisomu makoto no kokoro wo

Shiru wa mori no sei

Mononoke tachi dake

Mononoke tachi dake"

He heard a beautiful voice of a woman behind him. He turned around and found a very beautiful woman who was singing to him. He couldn't quite recognize her, but her long blond hair and blue eyes seemed familiar…and that face…and that song…

He walked to her, holding out one hand. She stopped singing and smiled back. The land seemed to fall silent, even as a gust of wind blew across the field and played with Genji and the woman's hair. As he approached, the woman spoke.

"Hello, Genji. Do you remember me?"

He froze, and then he suddenly did recognize her.

**Yes. I had a dream about you when I was little…and…my heart…**

He put his hand to his heart as he remembered. After that dream, his heart had been hurting because of the demon.

**What is happening to me? Why am I suffering like this?**

The woman's smile faded away and her face turned serious. She walked to the boy and touched his cheek.

"Genji, the demon that grows in your heart is not your demon. It is the demon of your father, passed down from his soul…"

She paused, and lowered her head. Genji put his hands on her shoulders.

**Who are you?**

"My name is San Masquerade, high priestess of the wolf tribe."

Genji stumbled a few steps away in surprise.

**You mean…you're my mother?!**

The woman smiled, and nodded slowly.

Genji could hardly believe it. It was her! And she was beautiful! She was all he imagined her to be! He quickly ran back to her, but he seemed to be moving in slow motion towards her. He didn't care, his mother was right before him!

**Mama!**

"No, wait!" she called out in warning. "His jealousy…!"

Suddenly, the ground beneath her burst open and a monster jumped out behind her. She screamed as the monster grabbed her and held her tightly to its body. Genji couldn't see the monster very well, as though it was hidden in shadow. But he could see the light in its red eyes looking at him in hatred. Genji grew frightened, but at the same time he was angry.

**Mama! No! Let her go! Let go of my mother!**

"She's not yours…" the monster growled. "She's my woman…"

"Genji!" his mother called, holding her hand out to the boy. "He is jealous…"

**MAMA!** Genji screamed, running to grab her hand.

"Stay…AWAY!" the monster shrieked, holding a three-fingered hand out to Genji. A beam of light shot from its palm and engulfed the boy. Genji felt overwhelming pain spread throughout his body. If he had been given a voice, he would have screamed in pain…

………

/|\

A sharp pain in his back woke him up and his eyes opened slightly. He was still in Dr. Cid's hut, and the first rays of the morning sun were shining from the door. The pain in his back dulled away as he began to close his eyes again.

<Oh, ho, no you don't! It took me five minutes to poke you awake, and I rather that the effort not be wasted.>

Genji raised his head and looked around. Yume was asleep next to him, and Dr. Cid was still in his bed. Genji smiled.

Guardian! How are you?

<Much better, thanks. Er, sorry about in the temple…I should have kept my mouth shut.>

I understand. Genji smiled. So how am I doing?

<Well, the burn has spread a little more. You found out about that healthy shinner on your back…and now it's about to creep up your spine…>

Bone and flesh alike…

<I wish I could get rid of it, Genji. All I can do it slow it down…otherwise, you might have died a long time ago…>

It's jealous, isn't it?

<Eh? Jealous of what?>

It wants my mother, but won't let me near her. Why? What's the deal?

<I dunno exactly…maybe it's the same type of jealousy Biso had against you.>

Genji thought about that. It was true…it may be something like that…was Genji's demon in love with his mother?

So why did you want me to wake up? I think it's four in the morning…

<You have a visitor at the front door. I thought you might want to be acquainted, since he's been trying to sneak a peak at you for the last half-hour.>

Genji sat up and peeked over Yume's furry body to see. He saw the large, furry face of a tiger god staring curiously in the room. Genji smiled into the god's fiery green eyes.

**Good morning, oh mighty lord.**

The tiger seemed to make a pleased smile.

"Can you join me outside please, stranger?" the tiger asked in the deepest voice Genji had ever heard. Genji nodded and walked around Yume to the door. The tiger was enormous! He was twice the size of a bus and certainly bigger than Moro-sama. The tiger leaned his nose towards Genji for the boy's scent, touching his naked chest gingerly. Genji nervously stroked the bridge of the giant cat's nose, feeling the short and silky hairs of fiery orange.

**I am Genji DragonLore, son of the high priestess San Masquerade of the wolf tribe.**

"Ah." The tiger's voice rumbled slightly, sounding like a slight earthquake. "So the wolves have more than one high priestess now? Finally." He sighed. "I have heard your story from Ryu, and I wish you well on your travels…but the ravens…"

**Oh God, do I have to say it again…?** Genji moaned. He forgot to break eye contact, so the tiger heard him.

"So, you are determined to reason with your enemy tribe? Very well, young Genji, you have my blessing."

**Are you the head of your clan?**

"Yes. I am Taj, and my tribe has lived here for thousands of years in peace with humans. Wolves and dragons are welcome on our lands, as are ravens so long as they come to us in peace."

**Taj-sama…** Genji began, still petting Taj's nose. **…do you know a way to lift this demon curse from me?**

Taj was silent for a moment.

"Is Dr. Cid not helping you, young one?"

**He said he would make me a formula when he woke up.**

"He is a very kind and trusting man. He can be counted on to help the poor and needy."

**I don't think Ryu would say the same.** Genji snickered under one hand.

"But I can understand Cid's anger in that case. I would not forgive a snake god for marrying one of my daughters."

Genji smiled in laughter.

"I have granted Ryu permission to travel with you to the Emishi territory in China. This is a very bold task you are taking, and there may be many attempts on your life. Stay on your guard, young Genji." The boy bowed in respect, and walked back into the hut. He turned around once to see Taj walking away and into the village.

<Strange…> the guardian mused, <…that voice is familiar. Have I met that tiger before?>