Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Mona's journey ❯ The journey begins... ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The wind came gently from the east, it reached my nose and I could see once more. A crazy thing has happened on the island of Esthenia, a young teen has done what no Omogoa native has done before. A young half demon by the name of Rico Mona, left this world through a portal that joined the dream world and the TV world.

My name is Castirio, a filodrake from the island of Ceair, Esthenia's sister island. I could smell and see the things that had happened these crazy moons, my seaside territory wasn't so exiting so I watched everything that went on. Now I will tell you the story of all who will always remember the journey of the naive Mona.

"Come and get me!!!" shouted Rinoa.

"You bet I will!" replied Pagasis.

The apple flew through the air and landed in Rinoa's large mouth once again. She continued to run trough the meadow. Pagasis chased after her galloping through the green grass. His blue mane and tail whipped in the wind and the red fluff on his legs looked like a blur. He looked like a rainbow. He tried to tag her with his nose but she was too quick for him.

The girl Esthenia watched from underneath the shade of a tree. The two made her laugh as they romped and played on the western shores of the island of Esthenia. She was lying with her white paws crossed and her black tipped wings folded at her sides. Her shoulders were hunched her claws were deep in the ground and she was ready to pounce.

Pagasis leapt into the air and spread his large white wings taking him into a glide. He soared over Rinoa when she had her back turned and dove down. Before she even knew it Pagasis had grabbed the apple from the great black wolf and landed. Rinoa looked at him with the apple in his teeth, he grinned, turned and ran. Ears lifted and chest high Rinoa perused him. Pagasis ran to the edge of the woods and then stopped. His eyes were wide and he was still, listening.

Rinoa, who had finally caught up looked at her friend in concern.

"What is it?" she asked.

"I don't know," he replied. "I sense something out there."

He pawed the ground with his black shiny hoofs, his horn ready to gore anything. Just then something lightly struck his hindquarters. He panicked and kicked but he wasn't quick enough. It jumped up and flew to the front of him and took the apple from his mouth then took off.

"Hey!" he yelled as he chased the Sphinx through the grass.

Esthenia laughed as she ran, she looked behind her to see her friend gaining. She did a sharp turn causing Pagasis to topple over. Esthenia continued to run, looking back she could see him getting to his feet then suddenly grinning, looking in front of her. Curiously she turned her head to see the twenty foot black wolf standing over her. Esthena stopped in astonishment. Her nose was inches from the beasts.

"Rinoa, you have bad breath!" she flakily gagged.

"Oh, you're a riot." said Rinoa sarcastically. "Tell me where I can buy a tooth brush here."

Esthenia smiled.

"I have a broom back home that would work." she giggled.

Laughing, Pagasis joined them.

"When did you get here?" He asked.

"A while ago." Esthenia replied. "I was watching you guys play, you looked like you were having fun so I decided to join in."

She looked at the apple in her claws,

"So what's this for?"

Pagasis laughed, "I don't know, we just throw it around and whoever catches it gets to be chased."

"Yeah! But we should play with something that tastes a little better next time." Rinoa spat.

The wind blew once more, it ruffled my hair giving me the chills. So this is were our story starts. A boring afternoon of just laying in the sun. Esthenia liked to visit her island in the dream world more than any were else. She loved to talk and romp with her guardians when nobody in her world was home. The island was big and beautiful. The meadow on the western shore was their favorite hangout but they also traveled through the huge forest that was on the eastern side where I could smell them the most. They would visit their other friends and guardians. Kovutaka and Neara were the alphas of the forest tribe called the Omogoa. Kovu was Rinoa's little brother. Also, Rinoa was the clan beta so they visited the tribe a lot.

Carona, their mother often sat alone on her cliff watching the island and looking out for her evil ex-mate, Digarah. Digarah was once a dragonwolf but was turned into a demon by greed and now he only lives to destroy Carona and her children.

That is usually the agenda of most demons, they always try to find ways to destroy dreams and rule the world once more. I have always protected my area from the monsters on my island, I once had a meet with Digarah. We battled for my land and in the end he fell into the deep sea never to be seen again. Or so I thought.

That is when I first visited the island of Esthenia and after that I made friends with the dragonwolf. Our kind has hated them for centuries so it was quite odd at first but then I learned that they are quite friendly. I remember when I was invited to a ceremony honoring the new princess of the Omogoa tribe. I was also a friend with the father Kovu, his mate Neara never really trusted me for some reason.

The reminisce of first looking at their new pup was very clear to me. She looked like her father but also resembled her demon grandfather and a pair of tiny wings poked out her back too small to ever fly. One eye looked like that of a dragonwolf, blue with black markings around them but the other was red and the black marks got bigger as she grew older.

They named her Rico Mona, the spirit of the forest. She was then trained all her life to hate the demon kind, training for battle and learning how to kill. Her father was proud to see that as she got older the mark around her red eye stopped growing. However it never stopped pouring madness into her blood. When she killed her first demon it was a noble victory. Keeping the monster's claw around her neck reminded her of what she became, a demon slayer. A slayer is a type of hunter that chronically slays or kills one type of thing. They are valuable guardians when they kill demons only. However she would go crazy and out of control at times. A slave to her red eye, it wanted to see blood and suffering. At most times she would resist and prevent what most would call and accident.

"Its beautiful out today." Esthenia sighed. She was traveling on Rinoa's back through the woods to the Omogoa village.

"Yeah its quiet too. That's odd." said Pagasis who was walking along side Rinoa.

Esthenia rolled over on her stomach and stretched. Her claws came out and she kneaded on Rinoa's back. At once she was thrown off her perch as her ride toppled rolled over on her back. Pagasis stared in shock as Rinoa lied still with her back feet in the air, only one of them was moving. Her tongue wa hanging out of her grinning mouth and her eyes were shut.

Pagasis approached her curiously. "Are you ok?"

Rinoa just whimpered.

Esthenia sat up feeling the bump on her head.

"What the heck!" she groaned.

Pagasis trotted over to her.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yah what is wrong with her?" Esthenia hissed.

"I don't know." replied Pagasis.

They got closer to their friend and to their amazement she flipped over on her stomach shaking her head. Terrified of the sudden movement, Esthenia and Pagasis flipped back and landed in the dirt.

"Rinoa!! Don't do that." said Esthenia while sitting up and holding her chest like her heart had just run away.

"Are you crazy!" yelped Pagasis, whose face seemed whiter that it usually was. The two watched as Rinoa stood up and laughed.

"Yeah, what's so funny?" asked Pagasis.

Rinoa tried hard to keep a straight face as she spoke.

"I'm sorry… It's just… I have…"

she stifled her laugh for a moment. "I have this thing about being scratched." She finally said.

"Why?" Esthenia said with a frown.

Rinoa puffed up her fur and hunched her shoulders.

"I looove scratchies!!!"

*Sweat drop* Esthenia and Pagasis just looked at her. They both had queer looks on their faces.

"You're such a dog Rinoa." Esthenia sighed.


I could tell they were at the Omogoa village for a while. My sense of smell told me this. Then soon after, the smell of Esthenia faded. She had gone home with her orb. I was always curious about how that little thing worked. I know now that all Esthenia had to do was hold the orb in her paws and imagine her home inside her head then she would be there. Pagasis and Rinoa couldn't enter her world. They only got to the barrier that separated the dream world from the human world. They could communicate through the barrier and see one another but could not cross it. It was like a portal. Only most portals here in the dream world were bad. Guardians had disappeared in these doors to the other worlds never to be seen again. It was vary rarely that a portal should appear, unless a dark force opened one.


Esthenia opened her eyes and looked around her room. She was back in her room again. She smiled and looked down at the orb in her human hand. "I'm so glad I have you." She said.

"I'm glad too." Pagasis appeared in the orb, he was grinning at her.

Her face turned scarlet.

"You enjoy doing that don't you?" She said.

"Of course." he replied. "Just to see your expression…" They stared at each other for a moment until,

"Christy!" her mom called her up the stairs.

"Hey!"

Esthenia looked horrified.

"Go, quick she's coming!" she said to the little Pagasis in her hands. This was true. Her mom was coming up the wooden steps and then she strode over to Esthenia's room and opened the door.

"Christy?" her mom repeated. Esthenia scrambled to hide the orb when her mom walked in the room.

"Hey mom." she said casually sitting up in her bed.

Her mom looked around her newly cleaned room.

"I just got back from work, what did you do all day?"

Esthenia thought for a second.

"I finished my room." she said, standing up and twirling.

"I see. Well then your dads going to be late tonight so I'm going to run to the store and pick up some chicken for dinner. How does that sound?" her mom said.

Esthenia's eyes opened wide.

"Really?! I love chicken!"

Her mom put her hands on her hips.

"I thought you would. Okay then I'll be back soon. Stay out of trouble." She said as she left the room.

"That was close." Esthenia sighed.

That night, after eating dinner Esthenia sat down and watched TV. She had been doing this often since they got a new dish. I guess it's a thing that gives you more TV channels. TV also known as television was always a mystery to me. They say you can watch pictures move in a box. I don't know how they put them in there but I guess a dish is supposed to make it better. But the down side to this was TV was said to hurt your brain.

Esthenia liked to watch cartoons most of all. Artists at one point drew the cartoons before they put it in the box. I never knew what shows she watched until it happened. Esthenia was surprised to see that one of her favorite movies had just come on. It was called The Matrix. I never knew what that meant or what it was but the way they described it to me was this. In the beginning of the movie a girl named Trinity was sitting at a table with a computer thingy. This was Esthenia's favorite part. Then a group of guys break in and she kicks their butts! Only when that part happened it wasn't Trinity sitting at the table.

"MONA!!?"

Esthenia watched in horror as Rico Mona was kicking butt on her TV. She looked like Trinity. She wore the long black coat and the sunglasses but she knew that wolfish face. Right away she stood up and made sure that she wasn't hallucinating, but the sight was as real as my paws. Esthenia ran up the stairs and into her room. She went over her bed and pulled the orb out from under the covers. She held it tightly in her hands and imagined her island in the dream world.


Whenever she did this she would turn back into a sphinx because of a little necklace that Pagasis had given her. Humans aren't aloud in the dream world just like guardians aren't aloud in the human world. Esthenia looked around for any sight of her friends, but the meadow was empty.

"They must be at the village!" she told herself while running to the woods but as soon as she reached the edge she stopped. Something was there.

Esthenia had a keen sense of smell for a sphinx and right now she could smell what she thought was Mona. Her best ability was to smell emotion. I could smell it too. It was odd. When Esthenia went home the smell of Mona vanished too. Then it came back almost immediately after it left, but it was different, almost like she had changed into something else. I could still smell the half demon but her wolf half was slightly different and that makes a big difference.


"Come out Mona!!" she shouted into the trees.

Nothing.

She began to take steady steps into the forest but as she did so she could hear not only her footsteps but someone else's. They were slowly creeping up behind her. Knowing what to do she stopped and went down on her hunches. The footsteps abruptly stopped too but then it made even a louder noise as it jumped up ready to attack. Esthenia's claws sprang out as she turned and grabbed her stalker by the leg, threw her down and pinned her to the ground with her paws on her chest not letting HIM up. Right then Esthenia realized that it wasn't Mona at all.
"Let me up!!" he growled.

Astonished Esthenia backed up and lifted her paws off his chest. He sat up and shook himself off. He had long silverish hair and small pointy white ears on top of his head. Esthenia could now see why she thought he was Mona. He was half dog demon and half human. She knew of this because she knew exactly out who it was. It was InuYasha!! A character from one of her favorite TV shows. She was looking at him right in the eye. He had his usual scowl but he still had an expression of surprise on his face. She had seen a cartoon about him. She liked it a lot and watched it often.

"What kind of demon are you?" he suddenly asked.

"Demon!" said Esthenia angrily. Nobody of the dream world liked to be called such a thing.

"I'm no demon!" she replied angrily. "How did you get here?!"

"That's a question I should be asking you." he said. "Where am I? Where's Kagome?"

Kagome was his school-girl companion in the cartoon. She was the reincarnation of a priestess named Kikyou. InuYasha has to always protect her. Esthenia just stared at him still hardly to believe that he was there.

"You're in the dream world." She replied. "Your on the island Esthenia. I don't know how you got here so why don't you tell me."

"Why should I say any thing to a monster like you?" He remarked as he folded his arms.

Esthenia's eyes flashed. She then realized that he was a stubborn as he was on the cartoon. She strode up to InuYasha who didn't move, probably thought he was too tough to be bossed around by a girl. Esthenia looked into his yellow eyes. She was close to him now she could feel his breath.

"And what are you going to do? Hurt me?" he scoffed.

Esthenia grinned. She held out a paw and a single claw sprang out. She put it up to his nose.

"Sit boy!" she said without thinking.

Right away InuYasha fell to the ground face first. He looked up at Esthenia with a shocked expression.

"How did you know about that? I thought it only worked when Kagome said it." he exclaimed.

"I know a lot about you, InuYasha." She said. She thought about it too. "This is strange." She thought to herself. "How did I do that?"

InuYasha looked scared now but still alert.

"Now look you are going to be a nice little doggy and tell me how you got here."

InuYasha just glared at her. A girl dominated him and he didn't like it at all. Then finally he gave in.

"I was fighting my evil brother, Sesshoumaru. Kagome and I almost had him, but then a strange force knocked me forward and into some type of portal. I don't know how it got there, but I have this feeling that Sesshoumaru had something to do with it."

Esthenia couldn't believe her ears.

"Sesshoumaru? I can't believe they are all real! By the sounds of things, InuYasha was forced to come here, to our world. Do they have their own world?"

"What makes you think it was him?" she asked.

"I don't know. What else could it be?"

Esthenia thought for a moment. How many evil things are out there? The only thing evil in the dream world was demons but which one? Then…

"Ohhhh no!" Esthenia backed up pointing at InuYasha. "That smell… it explains everything."

InuYasha looked at her in question.

"What, what does?"

"Half demon. That smell…" Esthenia said to herself. She turned to InuYasha and asked. "Did you happen to run into a half demon wolf girl?"

"Yeah." He shrugged. "So?"

"So!!? What did she look like?" She questioned.

"She had a white head and one blue eye and one red eye with black markings around them. Why should it matter? She was probably some other demon from my world. There are demons you know."

"Oh no! You got switched with Mona!!!"

"Who's Mona?" asked InuYasha crossing his arms.

Esthenia ignored him as she paced back and fourth thinking about what to do next.

"This is bad." Esthenia thought to herself. "How did he get here, and how was Mona involved with this? I don't understand it."

Esthenia knew of the forbidden portals to other worlds and one of her best guardians got lost in one. Even if Mona was annoying she was a big part of the island. Esthenia turned and looked at InuYasha for a moment.

"Maybe I can talk InuYasha into helping me find her."

He flailed his arms back out.

"Keep watching, maybe I'll do a trick!" he said.

Esthenia frowned.

"Where did you end up at when you first came here?" she asked.

InuYasha thought for a moment.

"Some were over there." he said pointing over to a large tree.

Esthenia trotted over to it. She had seen this tree before once when it was caught on fire. She could see now that the branches had grown back and it had pretty little green leaves on it. She circled it a couple times looking for any thing strange until InuYasha stood up and walked over to the tree. Esthenia stopped and watched him examine the tree. He sniffed it a couple times then…

"This is the spot." he said.

Esthenia's eyebrows rose.

"What makes you so sure?" she questioned.

"Look." he said as he held out his arm. To Esthenia's surprise it vanished when he touched the tree. He drew it back out then turned to her.

"I bet my brother opened this." he said.

"Unless there are other evil things out there…" Esthenia could think of a million things that were bad and all of them were demons. Then she began to think of demons, demons were evil and forbidden in the dream world. They created nightmares to get more power and become strong enough to make armies, and destroy the dream protecting guardians.

Esthenia gasped, guardians kill demons.

"That's right. Demons aren't aloud here. Rinoa and Carona could crunch him in a second!"

She looked at InuYasha and said, "You're in danger here!"

InuYasha's mouth dropped.

"Excuse me. I don't think that any thing will try to hurt me."

Esthenia grinned.

"You'd be surprised." she said thinking about Rinoa and Carona. The mother and daughter hated demons. She pictured about what would happen if they found out about InuYasha. Just then a sound came to her ears, hooves. They were running right at them.

"Oh no!! Quick hide!" she exclaimed "Wha?!" She grabbed InuYasha by the arm and tossed him behind the tree.

"Hay what the heck! Let me up!!" InuYasha growled.

"Sorry." said Esthenia. "Sit!"

"Owww!"

And he did.

Pagasis entered the clearing. Esthenia turned to him with an innocent smile. Pagasis seemed to look right through her.

"Hay, when did you get here? Is there something wrong?" he asked. "I sense something odd."

Esthenia walked up to him her smile was still there. She got really close to his concerned face. I think there is something you should know." she whispered as she pointed at the tree. Pagasis looked confused as he began to quietly approach the tree but Esthenia blocked his way.

"We should talk else were." she said as she grabbed him gently by the hair and led him into the forest. They got at a distance from the clearing when Esthenia remembered something.

"Oh no!" she said as she turned and started back to the clearing. "I'll be right back!" She made it just in time to see InuYasha sneaking away.

"Sit boy!" she shouted. InuYasha stopped and slammed to the ground.

"Hay, knock it off!" he growled.

"Were do you think you're going?" said Esthenia lifting him to his feet and pushing him towards the tree.

"You have a job to do!"

InuYasha tried to resist but Esthenia was too strong for him.

"What kind of job?" he asked stubbornly. Esthenia stopped pushing him at the base of the tree trunk.

"Go back to your world, find Mona and bring her back. Can you handle that?" InuYasha spun around.

"Why should I help you?"

Esthenia glared at him.

"Because, can't you see this is bad? If Digarah or Sesshamaru opened that then it is bad for both our worlds." she said crossly. "Think about it. Mona is a demon slayer she could help allot. You two should get along just fine. That is if you don't try to kill each other first."

All of a sudden at the exact same time both InyYasha's and Esthenia's ears twitched. Someone was coming.

"Go quick!!" She exclaimed while shoving him through the portal. He stuck his head back through and said.

"Tell me if you see my brother. You had better help me later!"

Esthenia grinned.

"Don't worry!" She said as she shoved his head back through just as Pagasis entered the clearing.

He looked pretty cross.

"Now tell me, what is going on?"

Esthenia pranced up to him with an innocent smile.

"I'm really sorry." She said to him. "But you're not going to believe this."

Rico Mona looked around the new place she was in. She was very frightened but determined as well. As soon as she entered the T.V. world she saw Kagome and ran away. She had never seen a human before so in most shows and movies she traveled to she would jump to another because they had humans in them. This new place seemed like home to her. She was in a large forest. It was beautiful and green. The good thing about this was she hadn't run into any humans yet but the bad thing was, was that she had run into a grouchy white wolf named Moro. She had been arguing with this huge 30 foot wolf for almost an hour.

"Listen all I'm trying to do is find a way out of here! You and Aunt Rinoa should meet sometime you both have the same attitude!" Mona yelled.

Moro who had a really cold look on her face made it look worse by showing her large teeth.

"I don't know who you think you are demon but you have tried my patience for too long. Now leave this place before I kill you!" She growled.

Mona clenched her fists tightly.

"First of all, I'm not a demon and second I would leave if you'd just tell me how." She exclaimed.

Moro growled loudly.

"Then you leave me no choice!"

She opened her large jaws and snapped at Mona. Dealing with similar things Mona knew what to do. She drew out her trusty knife ready to fight. Mona used her knife often especially when demon hunting. In some cases she would use it in self defense but she wasn't sure if her blade would have any effect on such a large opponent. The two circled each other for a moment then they leapt at each other. Jaws vs. blade. Then something unexpected happened. Mona had almost landed in Moro's huge mouth but she was pushed out of the way. She fell from her height and landed on her backside when she hit the ground. She rubbed the pain away for a moment then looked up when she heard a loud roar. InuYasha landed right in front of her baring his sword, the Tetsuiga. It was made from his demon father's fang. Mona looked up and noticed that Moro had a chipped tooth. InuYasha had nicked it with the sword and Moro was mad. Her large green eyes were bulging out of her head like she had gone made with rage.

InuYasha turned and grabbed Mona by the hand.

"Hay! Wha..?" She stammered as he began to run practically dragging her. They could her tremendous footsteps behind them telling them that Moro was chasing them. Mona, who was confused by what was happening, was astonished when she saw InyYasha disappear right in front of her but a second later she too disappeared into the portal.

Suddenly Mona's feet hit the ground. She was in a familiar place. Then she remembered that it was the first place she ended up when she met Kagome. She then turned to her rescuer. Her and InuYasha both looked into each other's eyes for the second time.

"You!!" they exclaimed together.

They had met before when they changed worlds. Mona had stolen InuYasha's kimono when he took it off to give to Kagome while battling his brother. The kimono was magic and protected its wearer. He had battled Mona to get it back before Sesshoumaru knocked him into the portal. InuYasha remembered this well. He never told Esthenia because it was so embarrassing.

"So let me get this straight." said Pagasis with a sarcastic look on his face. "A portal was opened and a cartoon character and Mona switched places and now Mona is stuck in your TV?"

Esthenia nodded.

Pagasis snorted then bursted out laughing. Esthenia had this sudden vibe that she wasn't taken seriously. "I'm serious!!" She shouted.

Pagasis' face expression changed from sarcasm to nothing.

"Okay then. Where is this portal?" He asked.

Esthenia led him over to the tree.

"Look!" She said as she stuck her arm into the portal.

Pagasis backed away with terror on his face. Esthenia pulled her arm back out but that wasn't the only thing she pulled out.

"Hey let me go!!"

She had grabbed InuYasha by the ear and now his head was sticking out of the portal again.

"You're back!! Esthenia exclaimed.

"Well no, not especially." InuYasha remarked.

"Did you find Mona?" Esthenia asked completely ignoring him.

"Of curse I did, but…" He began to stammer.

"But what?" She asked impatiently.

"She ran away." He finally said.

"What? Well what are you doing here? Go back and find her!" Before InuYasha could say another word she shoved his head back through the portal. She turned and looked at Pagasis' stunned face.

"Told you!" She said.

"You know what this means?" He exclaimed. "We need to get help!" He turned and began to make way for the village but Esthenia stopped him.

"Are you crazy? If this gets out then everyone will panic. Also they might try to kill InuYasha because he's part demon!"

Pagasis looked thoughtful.

"So who can we trust?" He asked.

Mona was riding through a field on a large black horse. She had stolen it from a human in black or at least she thought it was a human. She couldn't see his face under that dark hood. Her nose told her where to find the next portal. She rode until she saw a great statue made out of stone. Vines and moss were growing on it and it was cracking with age. The portal was at the base of its feet. Mona pulled back on the reins and the horse stopped. She got off and stroked its head. She sighed and took off its reins and saddle.

"You're free now. Go roam your world." She said.

The horse reared up and took off through to green grass. She then turned and jumped into the portal.

Kovutaka, Esthenia and Pagasis walked up to the tree.

"You see." Said Esthenia sticking her arm into the portal again. This time she made sure she didn't grab anyone as she pulled her arm back out.

The Dragonwolf stared at the tree.

"I see." He said. "Yes I will help you, she is my daughter after all."

Esthenia smiled.

"I will tell my mother to keep her eye out for my father. I won't tell her anything else." He said.

"Okay, me and Pagasis will start looking then. Come join us as soon as you can." Said Esthenia.

Kovu nodded then spread his huge wings and took flight.

"Ready?" Asked Esthenia.

"Ready!" Pagasis replied. Together the two walked through the portal.

Moments later their feet hit the ground. Esthenia looked around. They were in what seemed to be a desert.

"Where are we?" Came Pagasis' voice from behind her.

"I don't know for sure. It looks familiar though." She replied as she turned and looked at her friend.

They both ended up looking at each other. They stared for a moment. Then pointing at each other they screamed.

They were both standing up on two legs and their front hooves and paws were hands and Pagasis had a human face!! He still had his horn and his large white ears poked up through his blue hair. They both still had their wings and tails too. Both of them were wearing kimonos. Esthenia had a red one. It crossed at her chest and tied in the back. The sleeves were long and wide and they were cut at the top. Pagasis' was white with blue seams that matched his hair. The two looked at each other in astonishment.

"Is that you Pagasis?" Esthenia asked completely loosing her mind.

"I think so!" He replied looking at his own two hands. His skin was completely white and his fingernails were black like his hooves were. Esthenia looked at her hands too. Only her fingertips were white but the rest was all orange. She still had her sharp claws witch she was really happy about because those were her best defense.

Suddenly a familiar voice rang out from behind her.

"Buu!!"

She and Pagasis spun around to see the large and pink Majin Buu.

"Oooh, new playmates!" He shouted clapping his hands.

Esthenia and Pagasis backed away.

"Uhh, playmates? Not here…" Said Esthenia nervously. Esthenia knew that Majin Buu was a powerful villain.

"We're no fun. We aren't as tough as you, you might kill us."

Majin Buu frowned.

"Huh? No fun… of course you're fun! To play and to kill!!" He said suddenly grinning.

"We're in Dragonball Z. This isn't good." Said Esthenia backing up even more.

Pagasis however stepped up.

"Why are you afraid of him?" He asked pointing at Majin Buu who was now bouncing around shouting:

"Play!! Play!!"

Esthenia grabbed Pagasis by the arm.

"He is not what he seems. That dude is as tough as nails. He could turn us into candy and eat us!!" She whispered.

Pagasis suddenly cracked up.

"Turn us into candy? Are you crazy?" He laughed.

Esthenia nodded.

"I'm serious. He is dangerous we should find a way out of here before he does something to us!!"

"What are you whispering?" Buu suddenly asked. "Don't try to escape, I still want to play!!"

Pagasis took another step.

"I'll play!!" He shouted to Buu.

Esthenia grabbed his arm again.

"What are you doing!" She whispered. "Did you not hear me? He could kill you!"

Pagasis gave her a reassuring look.

"Don't worry I have a plan." He whispered.

"Come play with Buu!!" Buu shouted. Pagasis then jumped in the air and spread his wings. He glided until he was right over buu. Suddenly Pagasis' eyes turned a flashing blue. He put his hands next to his head and concentrated.

"Eat this!!" He shouted as a huge energy beam shot out from his horn.

Esthenia gasped at the brightness. She couldn't see what happened until the light cleared away. She looked around. There was no trace of Majin Buu anywhere. Then she looked up at Pagasis who was gliding to the ground.

"How did you do that?!" She exclaimed.

Pagasis had a huge grin on his face. He landed then pointed out towards the desert.

"The portal." He said. "I left it open in case we ran into trouble and needed to go back. Majin Buu was standing right in front of it."

Esthenia could have hugged him.

"Brilliant! How did you do that other thing?"

Pagasis looked confused.

"What other thing?" He asked.

"That woosh thing!" Said Esthenia waving her arms around.

Pagasis thought for a moment.

"I don't know." He shrugged. "I guess I have always known something just told me to use it."

Esthenia smiled at her friend.

"I guess we had better start looking." She said.

Pagasis rolled his eyes.

"This is going to take forever."

Mona had just walked out of another portal. She felt kind of odd and low to the ground. She looked at her feet and realized she had turned into a lioness! She was still her original color and still had her small wings. She looked around the African plane. The red sun was setting on the horizon and the tall trees were casting a long shadow across the green grass. Mona sniffed the air for the next portal in case she needed to leave. A soft growl came from behind her. She spun around with a roar to see who was sneaking up on her.

It was another lion. He was massive and dark. He had an even darker mane that hung over his bright green eyes.

"Who are you?" He growled, showing his teeth.

Mona wanted to attack him but she hesitated.

"I'm Mona. I'm a visitor from the dream world." She said.

The lion circled her scanning from top to bottom until he stopped and sat in front of her.

"You're odd. I've never seen a lioness like you before." He said.

Mona frowned.

"That's because I'm not! Like I said I am only a visitor. I changed into this form when I came here." She said.

The lion grinned.

"Okay, okay I see now. My name's Kovu."

Mona looked at him in amazement then at the red sky.

"Kovu, that's my father's name." She said solemnly.

The lion Kovu showed pity for her.

"Is there someone you miss back home?"

The dragonwolf Kovutaka looked around. He had just entered the portal and was now where Esthenia and Pagasis first started. He had changed like they did but he used his power to change himself back to normal. Esthenia and Pagasis were gone by now. His nose told him this and it also told him that Majin Buu was nearby. He sniffed around until he caught his daughter's scent. Then he spread his wings and began his search.

Pagasis and Esthenia both looked around the place they were now in. They still had their human features and wearing the same clothes as before.

"I think we're in Rivendel." said Esthenia.

"Where's that?" Pagasis asked. "What movie?"

"Lord of The Rings." She replied. "I wonder where the elves are." She said looking around some more.

They were on the balcony of a large white tower. The whole scene was beautiful. Large green trees where flooding the area around them and long vines where growing up the balcony and up the tower walls. Long stone benches were laid along the stone rail. It was bright and sunny.

"Elves? Real elves?" Said Pagasis wide eyed.

"Real to people's minds." Said Esthenia.

"What are you doing here?" Came a voice from behind them.

Pagasis and Esthenia spun around to see an elf standing in the doorway. He was tall and thin with long blonde hair.

"Legolas?" Esthenia exclaimed. The elf looked at her astonished.

"Why… Yes that is my name. And you are Esthenia." He said wisely. Pagasis, who now had the astonished look said.

"What did I miss? Have you two met before?"

"We elves know all." Legolas said waving his hand. Then he looked at Esthenia, "But you are no elf."

"No I am really a sphinx. And Pagasis is a dream guardien." Said Esthenia. "We come from the dream world and we are looking for our friend."

"I know." Said Legolas.

*Sweat Drop*

"We know you know." Said Pagasis who was getting a little confused by his own words.

Esthenia laughed.

"Your quest is in vein." Said Legolas. "The naive Mona is all ready out of our area. You have to travel farther."

Esthenia sighed and sat down on a stone bench.

"How are we supposed to catch her if she keeps slipping out of our grasp." Said Esthenia clenching her fists.

"There is a way." Said Legolas with a smile.

Mona stood over a dead Kenny. The kid was torn to shreds and blood on the floor surrounded his body. She was wiping blood off her knife when InuYasha finally caught up with her.

"Mona!" He yelped. "You killed Kenny!!"

Mona smiled.

"I know aren't I a bastard?" She said.

"Lets go!" Said InuYasha and tried to grab her arm.

Mona pulled back.

"No I'm not going any where. I'm not going home." She said.

"This is enough Mona. Lets just get out of here. We can talk else where." He said looking at Kenny on the floor. "What did you do to him anyway?"

"Nothing…" Said Mona hiding the knife behind her back. "Fine, but I'm still not going home."

"If I throw a stick will you go away?" Mona asked when they stepped out of the portal.

InuYasha followed closely behind to make sure she wouldn't try to run away again. They were back in his world again.

Mona looked around for a sight of any humans then sat down in the grass.

"Listen." Said InuYasha who walked over and stood next to her. "They wanted me to bring you back."

Mona looked at the ground.

"I cannot go back." She said. Tears began to drop from her eyes.

"Mona, you don't belong here." He said. "They need you."

"They need too much of me." She sighed. "Me and my mother had an argument. She and the others want me to someday be the leader of the whole clan. I cannot do it, I'm not even ready"

More tears began to fall. "I can't do it…" And with that she stood up and broke down completely right on InuYasha's shoulder.

He looked down at her with the expression of surprise then he embraced her in his arms. He stared at the ground. Half ashamed but a new feeling was taking over him. They released and looked into each other's eyes. That's when it happened.

Both of Mona's eyes suddenly turned red. She had an enraged look about her. She then pulled out her knife.

InuYasha jumped back.

"Mona?" He gasped.

She didn't reply instead she attacked him.

He dodged the knife as she chronically swung it aiming for his chest. The knife's blade made a faint whistling sound every time she attempted to slash him. It got really loud when she almost gashed his head. He pulled back refraining himself from fighting back. He didn't want anything to happen to her. He must have known she was under some sort of trance so he tried to talk to her.

"Mona!! It's me!!" He continuously shouted.

She didn't listen to his words. She just continued as if she were deaf. Then all of a sudden she stopped. Panting heavily she dropped her knife on the ground. Her eyes were back to normal.

InuYasha was stunned.

"What just happened?!"

"Digarah…" Mona gasped. "We have to go back!!"

A sinister laughing came from above them.

The two looked up and saw Digarah standing on a thick branch of a tree.

"Digarah!!" Mona shouted as she dove to the ground and grabbed her knife. Then she stood up and pointed it up at him.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't kill you!!" She shouted.

Digarah continued to laugh.

"You are still young granddaughter but naive. Do you think I would beg for my life on the counts of you? I think not, you are the ones that should be bagging." He growled. "Like you I had also formed an alliance."

"Like Sesshoumaru!" InuYasha shouted.

"Correct brother!" Said a voice and InuYasha was blasted backward.

Pagasis stopped dead in his tracks.

"What is it?" Esthenia asked as she halted by his side. She had a leather strap over her shoulder that held a pouch with large silver arrows. Over her other shoulder was a wooden bow. Lagolas had given them to her to help capture Mona.

"These are silver arrows made my people." He had said. "They are special and have a magic that will read your thoughts. When you shoot these arrows you can imagine what will happen to your target. Sleep for example, and it shall be done."

Esthenia had trouble understanding this but she took them without question.

They had then left Lord Of the Rings and continued on to other movies and shows. Esthenia found it most hilarious when they ended up in Sailor Moon. They were in their human forms only Esthenia looked like a sailor scout and Pagasis was wearing a tuxedo. Esthenia giggled at the thought. She woke up from her trance when Pagasis finally spoke.

"They're in trouble!!" He shouted and he took off running.

Esthenia gasped then followed. They ran until they reached a portal but instead of running through it Pagasis stopped in front of it.

Esthenia had trouble stopping and almost crashed into him.

"Who's in trouble?" She asked. "What's wrong?"

Once more Pagasis said nothing. His eyes turned to a flashing blue and he held out his hands barely touching the portal with his fingertips. Then with a loud pop the portal became more visible. It had turned into a large bubble.

"My orb!!" Esthenia gasped. "How did you…?"

"There's no time for that!!" He shouted and grabbed her wrist and jumped in with her being dragged behind.

Together they stepped out of the orb. It shrank then disappeared with a faint pop. Esthenia looked around. They were in a large forest that looked familiar. They were back in the dream world, on her island. She looked at her paws. She had turned back into a sphinx. Pagasis was his regular self too. She sat up and reached behind her back. The bow and arrows were still there. They felt a little uncomfortable to her so she grabbed them with her claws and took them off. She then picked them up in her mouth, strode over to a large tree and laid them against the thick trunk. It was too bad she never really got to use them. She then turned to Pagasis.

"So what are we waiting for?" She asked.

Pagasis remained silent for a moment. He was concentrating hard.

"We have to go back to the portal." He finally said.

"What, that old tree?" Esthenia asked.

"Yes." He replied and he began to walk.

Esthenia followed him once more. She was confused by what was going on. She had no idea what Pagasis was doing but she didn't have the nerve to ask.

The two walked through the forest until they heard a faint sound. Esthenia adjusted her ears so she could hear the sounds better.

They were voices. Familiar ones.

"That sounds like Digarah." She said to herself. "If that's the case. Then we are in big trouble!"

Esthenia tried to run ahead but Pagasis stopped her.

"Wait, I have a plan." He said. "Don't move."

"Wha…" Esthenia stammered.

Pagasis held up a hoof to silence her. Then once more his eyes turned blue. Suddenly a yellow flash came from his horn.

Esthenia couldn't see.

"It was all my plan." Said Digarah, whom was looking down at Mona and InuYasha who were both lying on the ground. He had used his powers to keep them down. Digarah and Sesshoumaru had taken them back to the dream world and told them of their devious plan. Sesshoumaru looked down at his brother. He had a grin like no other.

"So you think you can take over both worlds? Are you mad?!!" InuYasha shouted. "You know that there are more guardians like Mona out there that will stop you!!"

Digarah's eyes flashed.

"Who? You mean the horse and my daughter? They are no help to you here. They don't even know of your existence!" He growled. "Not that they ever will, your existence is about to be cut short." He silenced then looked at Mona who was struggling to get free. "And you, you had almost messed up our plan you meddling brat! You will be the first to go."

Mona struggled harder.

Digarah laughed at her effort.

Sesshoumaru then approached him.

"If you don't mind, I would like to handle my little half-breed brother. I've been waiting to deal with him for a long time." He said still grinning.

Digarah nodded.

"Do what you must but time stands short, we must begin our takeover as soon as we dispose of them." He said.

Sesshoumaru chuckled.

"Of course." He raised his hand, his claw-like nails aimed for his brother's face.

InuYasha struggled too. "Now you'll taste my poison claws."

"You won't get away with this Sesshoumaru!" he grunted. "No matter what you will not touch the Tetsuiga!!"

Sesshoumaru just grinned evily.

Then suddenly he was slammed from the side. He was sent sailing through the air then landed on his feet. Pagasis had kicked him with his large black hooves.

Esthenia joined him by his side.

"Who are you?" Sesshoumaru gasped. Pagasis and Esthenia were back in their human forms.

"I'm glad Pagasis learned how to do this!" Esthenia said to herself. "But I don't know if we are powerful enough to beat them. I hope Rinoa and Carona find out. Then maybe they could help us."

Pagasis took a step forward.

"You're done. Leave or we will destroy you!!" He yelled. An energy blast came from his horn and shot at Sesshoumaru.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Sesshoumaru said while jumping out of the way.

He then pulled out his wind whip and lashed it at Pagasis who leapt out of the way, and the battle begun.

Esthenia pounced on Digarah. Her claws were long and sharp. They were her best weapons, but every time she went for him he would just throw her down. She stood up. Then blew hot red flame at him.

When this happened the power that restrained InuYasha and Mona wore off when Digarah lost his concentration when he felt the burn.

InuYasha stood up then helped Mona to her feet. The two surveyed the scene and knew what to do.

InuYasha jumped up and launched himself at Digarah with his claws aimed for his face. However when he got close Digarah slashed at him and gashed his chest. InuYasha fell to the ground.

Suddenly Mona was slammed down next to him. She had also tried to get close enough to attack but he just forced her back down with his psychic power.

InuYasha groaned slightly he then looked at Mona lying next to him.

"You all right?"

Mona opened her eyes a little but she didn't reply.

"Look out!!!" Esthenia shouted to them.

InuYasha looked up and saw Digarah hovering over him with an energy ball. Just when he was about to throw it Mona grabbed his long tail and threw him to the ground. She was had quickly regained conciseness. Being half demon she was strong.

"Leave him alone!!" She growled and the two wrestled for a moment. Swiping of teeth and claws trying to rip each other's flesh.

Then Digarah jumped up and hovered in mid air once more. Mona was clutching on to his shoulders behind his wings. Digarah tried to reach her but he couldn't.

InuYasha groaned and sat up. He felt the gash on his chest and grinned when he saw his own blood coated on his fingertips and claws.

"InuYasha! Are you all right?" Esthenia gasped. She ran up to him as he stood up. She saw that he was injured and this made her vary nervous.

He looked at her in grinned.

"Never better…" He then looked up at Mona and Digarah. "Mona, move!!" He shouted.

Mona did as she was told and glided to the ground with her small wings. Then she ran behind him.

"You messed with the wrong demon!!" He shouted. "BLADES OF BLOOD!!!"

Mona gasped as red blades shot from his hand when he swiped it though the air.

Digarah dodged most of them but two of them tore through his wings. Stunning him he fell.

Mona and InuYasha looked at his motionless body.

"Is he dead?" Asked Mona shaking.

"No." InuYasha replied while lightly kicking his head. "He's only knocked out."

Then they heard a blast coming from a distance. They looked around and saw lights shining through the trees after every blast.

Then Mona realized that it was Sesshoumaru and Pagasis' powerful battle. She looked around and didn't see Esthenia anywhere in sight. She had gone to help.

"Come on!!" She yelled while taking off through the trees.

InuYasha followed gracefully. They ran until they reached the battleground. Pagasis and Esthenia were both fighting Sesshoumaru.

Pagasis gave him a few blasts with his horn. Esthenia tried to claw him but she couldn't get vary close to him.

Sesshoumaru was a very dangerous opponent. He lashed at them with his whip. Making Eshtenia stand back and knocking Pagasis' attacks aside.

InuYasha looked around. He saw Esthenia's bow and arrows she had laid against a tree earlier. He ran over and picked them up. He studied them for a moment then raised them up.

"Esthenia, catch!!" He shouted while throwing them to her.

She turned and caught them. She looked down and smiled at him.

"Thanks!" She said while putting the strap over her shoulder. She pulled out and notched one of the silver arrows. She then raised the bow and drew it back.

"Stop!" she shouted in her head. She then took careful aim and fired. It shot trough the air like lightning then hit Sesshoumaru right in the chest.

Pagasis jumped back astonished. He landed on the ground next to Esthenia.

They all watched Sesshoumaru drop to his knees then fall. His eyes were halfway open. They were red, and murderous.

Mona turned away from the sight. She began to cry. It reminded her so much about her red eye. The one that always wanted to see death and suffering. She then realized how she felt about Sesshoumaru. She felt his compassion hidden in his evil mind.

"Mona? What's wrong?" InuYasha asked.

"It's all my fault…" She whispered. "Everything." She told herself. "If I didn't leave home none of this would have happened and now they'll kill Sesshoumaru, and doesn't deserve this. He cannot die here. This isn't where he belongs."

InuYasha looked at her in confusion. Then he understood. He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her into a hug.

Mona gasped.

"Do what you must." He said. "I know your feelings for him and they are right."

He let her go.

Mona turned.

"Stop!!" She cried. Then she ran over and blocked Esthenia who had drawn back another arrow.

Pagasis was holding Sesshoumaru in the air with his powers so Esthenia could hit him.

The two looked at Mona like she was crazy.

"Move Mona!!" Esthenia cried. "We have to end this!"

But Mona took a step forward.

"No!" Then she turned to Pagasis and pointed at him. "Drop him!!" She ordered.

Pagasis looked astounded but then he looked at the expression on Mona's face. Both of her eyes were blue! He sighed and let Sesshoumaru fall.

Mona ran up to him and knelt down and lifted his head.

He opened his eyes a little.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked in a strained voice.

"You don't belong here." She said while looking into his eyes. "You don't deserve to die here."

Sesshoumaru lifted his hand and touched her cheek.

"You are beautiful. Now I know how it feels." He said.

Mona gasped.

"How what feels?" She asked.

"This compassion… You are a half demon like my little brother but you have a heart, the one thing that brings out your true beauty."

A tear fell from Mona's blue eyes and landed on his cheek.

He smiled then fainted.

I sighed and looked out into the ocean. So this is how it ends. After Mona's decision they went back to get Digarah but he had fled. He got away again. Sasshamaru was taken back through the portal to his own world. He still wasn't awake when this happened. InuYasha promised to give him a head start and not kill him before he woke up.

"I will miss you." Said Mona with tears in her eyes. It was time for InuYasha to leave for his world. He grasped her hands.

"Don't worry I will never forget you." He said. Esthenia and Pagasis watched with watery eyes. They had changed back into their regular form again. Pagasis had learned a new power to change them into human form any time they wanted. Esthenia strode up to InuYasha and Mona who had just finished giving each other a goodbye hug. Esthenia then threw her arms around him.

"Thank you so much!" She said. "I will miss you too."

"You just keep on dreaming." He said with a smile. "And keep watching me."

Esthenia laughed as she let him go.

He then turned and walked through the portal. He was gone.

Esthenia sighed.

"Boy, I'm glad that's over. I better get home myself." She yawned. "I bet I've been gone all night."

Pagasis strode past the two to use his power to close the portal. He needed to close it for good. Digarah nor anyone else would never be able to use it again and that was all the better.

But just when he was about to start Mona stopped him.

"Wait my father is still in there!!" She yelped.

Esthenia groaned while hitting herself on the head with her paw.

"Oh not again!"