Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Bringer of Unity ❯ The World of Today ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1 The World of Today
 
Many years ago, a Great War broke out, a war of man and beast. Time passed, and bloodshed, but no end to the constant fighting came. In turn, animals died needlessly. Men, as well as women, died in a pointless battle, leaving their children behind to live alone in a world of war.
 
The Emperor of the people, though not oblivious to the death and destruction, did nothing except meet his own greed of gold and power. The leaders of each of the Animal Tribes, Wolf, Boar, Wildcat, Eagles, Ape, and Serpent raged into battle, fueled by their hatred for the humans. Both believe the other started it, both believed themselves will end it.
 
But one tribe felt no hatred. A small group of humans, called the Emishi, managed to keep their spiritual unity with nature. They alone in a war full of hatred kept their connection, and realized that peace can be sustained. The Emperor realized this, and banished them to the West, where the lands grow weak, and life is low.
 
It has been 500 years since their banishment, but the Emishi has still managed to keep their peace with nature, and even when their numbers grow low and their blood weak, they survive. But the hatred and ruin over the last many centuries of war has made a horrible creature. A creature spawned from the hatred, a demon. The demon attacked the village of the Emishi, and scarred their young prince, Ashitaka. Ashitaka then left the village, cursed from the demon of hate, and traveled to the east, in search of a cure.
 
Young Ashitaka encountered the Great Spirit of the Forest, the god of life. Ashitaka also met San, a human that was accepted as a wolf by the guardian wolf tribe. As by fate, their destinies intertwined as they unraveled a plot to kill the Forest Spirit by a tribe of humans with a new powerful weapon.
 
They failed, and the Spirit of the Forest died. However, they saved the people, teaching them how they can find balance with nature. The people ended their battle and Ashitaka and San lived together, but the world outside the forest is still very much at war. There is still hatred out there by humans and each of the Animal Tribes. And there is still the question of this newborn demon, and it's potential power as the anger in the world increases. What of all this? Who will help the humans find balance with nature, and make peace between the Tribes and the Empire to end this 500 year war?
 
 
15 years later . . . . .
 
Chapter 2 The New Guardian of the Forest
 
 
 
Author's Note:I love all this suspense!!! I hope I didn't bore you, but I found it easier to start this story with a history check. I really want to continue with this, and probably will, but I am unsure on whether or not to post them online. If you wish me too, please review and tell me so.