Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ Bringer of Unity ❯ Demon, Type II ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 7---Demon Fight: Type II
 
The new demon of hatred circled in the air, getting ready for the final kill. Below on the ground Kira felt a drop of sweat run down her cheek.
 
What is this! Only the Boar clan has ever been inflicted with the demon of hatred…but now the Eagle clan is as well!?!?! It doesn't matter! Now I have to defeat this think and take vengeance for the Emishi!
 
Kira grabbed a handful of throwing knives and hurled them at the circling demon. However the demon just flew even higher out of their range and they fell back to the ground. Kira grabbed more. She ran ahead and jumped twirled up, and in mid-air she threw the knives again at a higher velocity. Yet again the demon rose even higher, dodging the flying blades.
 
Shit…this isn't going to work! How can I attack it if I can't get anything within range? I need it to get closer!
 
As by will the demon spiraled around and dived down towards Kira. Kira gracefully leapt back, out of the way from the demon's giant talons. Again it flew around and dived at her, but this time Kira when dodging slashed at it with the two blades in her hands.
 
“TSSEEERRR!!!” It screamed. Kira smirked as she rolled away. “Got you!”
 
The demon flew in place glaring at Kira with huge amounts of rage. A ripple shuddered through the demon's body and then they all flew off of it revealing the eagle body again.
 
Kira's eyes widened at the sight of the eagle. She never had seen one before today, for the only forest guardians she has ever seen were wolves, but the magnificent creature left her slightly breathless. Suddenly the worms grabbed her and carried her away. They carried her around in circles before slamming her into the earth.
 
“Augh!” she choked, her breathe actually been knocked out of her.
 
How could I have been so stupid??? I let my guard down!
 
Her instincts rose. She spun up into the air as the ground where she just was shattered from another blow from the demon worms. Screaming she twisted around throwing more blades at the demon. With great force the flying blades sliced into the eagle's body cutting off bits and pieces of the flesh.
 
The demon screamed out again in pain. Blood dripped off of it and sprayed from it's flapping wings but it showed little signs of weakening. With a mighty screech it started to circle around the area at a low altitude, shooting and throwing it's tentacles at Kira.
 
AS she landed on the ground Kira ducked down to dodge a swinging tentacle. Another punched towards her, but she managed to twist out of the way. She jumped up dodging another tentacle and threw more knives at the demon, but demon eagle blocked them with a wall of worms.
 
Dropping down to the ground she found herself surrounded by many tentacles. She grabbed her two blades and danced around, dodging and slashing at the weaving appendages. They swarmed around her, attempting to slam into her, but she artfully dodged them with the minimum movement and slashed down at them severing them in half.
 
The eagle screeched out in frustration. It gathered all its worms in one mound near Kira. The mound quivered before shooting out multitudes of miniature tentacles at Kira. Surprised and unready for an attack of this sort Kira tried to weave in and out of the thousand fists that swung past her. However fast she was though, it was not fast enough. Many tentacles slammed into her knocking the wind out of her. She choked and fell back. The mound jumped up and covered her.
 
I will not die here!
 
Screaming out in rage Kira spun in circles with her two blades out. The force threw the worms of her. The worms returned to the eagle. It screamed out to her with an ear-splitting cry of hatred. Kira stood up straight. Trying as hard as she could to control her breathing she pointed at the demon.
 
“You shall pay for your evil, demon.”
 
The demon screamed out. It shot up into the air and circled down towards her. Kira grabbed the Spirit Staff and extended it to its full halberd scythe form. She leapt up towards the incoming creature, and gracefully spun in the air.
 
Kira landed some distance away. She held her pose as the demon fell behind her; one of its wings had been carved off. The demon breathed out ragged breaths as it glared at Kira. Worms flew out of its throat as it breathed.
 
Kira turned towards it and raised her hand again, beckoning it to come again. Frustrated the demon threw its whole mass of worms at her.
 
Kira's eyes widened with surprise. She spun the staff around trying to block the incoming slew but it was futile. The worms slammed into her and dragged her towards the demon. A new wing sprouted from the demon's body. It viciously grabbed her in its talons and flew into the air.
 
“TSSSEEEERR!”
 
It screamed out in victory as it continued to fly higher and higher into the air. Kira struggled to free herself, but the talons were far too powerful. Her staff had fallen to the ground, which now is becoming smaller and smaller.
 
“Ugh! Let go of me you damn beast!”
 
She managed to free an arm, and she waved it around, managing o punch at the eagle's body. But it had no effect, the eagle continued to fly higher and higher.
 
Finally, the eagle let go of Kira; it looked down at her with a look of hate and victory.
 
“NO!”
 
Kira reached up and managed to grab the talon again. The eagle dropped down a bit form the unexpected weight, but it renewed its flight. A tentacle reached down and slammed into Kira's stomach. She choked back the cry of pain and continued to hold the talon. The tentacle reached back and slammed into her stomach again. This time she couldn't help but cry out. Weakness swept through her, her grip weakened, she felt the talons leave her hand, and then she felt nothing.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
 
Truly pathetic Kira, this truly is…
 
“What…am I dead?”
 
No…you soon will be once the ground catches you
 
“Oh…”
 
Is this really the best you can do?
 
“It's not my fault, that other demon…”
 
Of course it's your fault. You are truly weak. Do you honestly think you can complete this quest?
 
“Of…of course! But…”
 
Doubt is a sign of weakness young Kira. It is something that you can never hold again, or you truly will fall. Now…do you wish to continue living and complete this quest?
 
“Yes.”
 
Then use my power young Kira…and use it well…
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
 
Kira opened her eyes in mid air. She watched the upcoming ground get closer and closer. The air whipped by her, piercing her eyes with the speed.
 
I cannot lose here. I must survive, no matter the costs!
 
She brought her right arm back, and swung it down to contact with the ground. An explosion of dust and rock filled the area.
 
The eagle landed at the crash site. The dust had still not settled, but it chuckled with the victory. Something moved in the cloud, catching its eye. The demon's eyes widened, as it couldn't believe what it saw. Kira was standing in the hole, unharmed.
 
Kira took a step foreword. Her right arm pulsed constantly. She felt different, perhaps from this new power, but different none the less. She glared up at the demon.
 
The demon felt hesitation. It flew up and screeched hoarsely at her. It's worms quivered for a moment before they shot down towards her.
 
Kira didn't even try to move. She clenched her arm, and worms seeped out of it. They quickly formed a wall in front of her that blocked the upcoming attack from the demon. The eagle's eyes widened even more. It screeched out, and shot even more tentacles towards her.
 
“Simpleton.”
 
Kira disappeared, a wisp of dust left. She appeared above the eagle, almost floating in the air. She spun around and shot her arm down. A torrent of worms poured out and slammed into the demon. It slammed into the ground, but the downpour continued coming. Kira gripped her right arm with her left to steady it as the torrent doubled in size.
 
“TSSSEEER!!!”
 
The demon cried out in pain from the pressure. It felt every bone in its body break, and slowly flattens.
 
Kira dropped down beside the demon, her right arm still veiled in the worms. She spoke icily at it.
 
“Demon of Hatred, I shall not bow down to you. You have destroyed my village, killed my people, and tried to kill me. Pass on in peace, and any hatred you bear for me should now be dispersed or you will be forever doomed as a demon.”
 
The demon spat out blood and growled at her. It spoke out in a gravely voice.
 
“Pathetic little creature, you are already scarred by my curse, and you shall soon feel my hate, and suffer as I had suffer.”
 
The body disappeared into a pile of bones; the demon had died.
 
Kira let a breath out, “Vengeance is done.”
 
She remembered the boy. She turned to where he was but suddenly felt a sharp pain through her.
 
“No…”
 
Her body refused to follow her as it slumped down, unable to move. Pain surged through her from the numerous wounds she had received. Blood spurted from her stomach and back, her vision began to darken. She felt herself fall unconscious.
 
“No…I can't…”
 
 
End of Chapter 7
 
 
Next Chapter: The Survivor
 
 
AN: Peoples…sorry for the lack of update. No excuse. Will keep reading. See ya all and thank you!