Princess Tutu Fan Fiction ❯ Study Break ❯ Study Break ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Fakir was in the library again. Except, this time, he wasn't even reading the infamous story of "The Prince and the Raven." This time, he was simply staring at the missing pages, his eyes glazed over in thoughtfulness.

"Won't you talk to me?"

Looking up from the book slowly, Fakir noticed Ahiru standing beside him, dressed in her school uniform. "About what?" he asked, his voice rough from lack of use.

Ahiru shrugged and sat beside the knight.

"Well, if you don't know, I certainly don't," Fakir scolded though his voice lacked conviction.

"You shouldn't keep it all inside," Ahiru whispered, her face averted, "You can trust me with anything you have to say."

Fakir snorted, "I trust no one."

Ahiru glanced carefully at Fakir's face, her eyes thoughtful, "But I trust you, Fakir. I know that I can tell you anything..."

"Now where did you get a stupid idea like that?" Fakir asked, his tone harsh once more.

Ahiru shrugged again and smiled, "I just know, I guess," she looked at him carefully, "Like I know that I can tell you that I believe we can help Mytho and Rue both, and I think that we make a good team." Ahiru blushed.

Fakir blushed at Ahiru's statement as well. "Well," Fakir coughed uncomfortably, "That's certainly no secret."

Ahiru's smile grew and the look she threw Fakir was of adoration, "I'm so glad."

"Ahiru, I..."

"Fakir, after this is all over, will you... well, will you dance with me? Just one time?"

Fakir smiled and stood. He was a man of logic and action, following the safest path and never allowing the lesser emotions such as affection to interfere with his plans. He was a protector, not of hearts but of the physical body. He never allowed himself to be sidetracked by such silly things as the opposite sex.

Fakir extended his hand.

"Why wait?"

Ahiru stood as well, accepting the hand offered. "I believe in you, Fakir."

Fakir nodded and pulled the little duck to his side.

"I believe in us."

And they forgot their worries for a moment as they danced, the unspoken words hovering like stars in the air.

'I love you.'