Princess Tutu Fan Fiction ❯ The Missing Piece ❯ The Missing Piece ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: You guys already know that I don’t own Princess Tutu.

AHIRUANDFAKIRARESODAMNCUTE

It was a surprise turn of events when Ahiru suddenly found herself gathering the heart shards of not Mytho, but of Fakir.

Fakir, finding himself able to do nothing but study, and Mytho suffering so... decided that if all he could do was look things up in books, he'd look up something important--something like the forbidden power the Prince had used in order to shatter his own heart.

If he was able to do nothing but die in the story, his death would at least benefit the Prince whom he served...

When his research was finally completed, and he found that he had the knowledge and the ability to extract his own heart, Fakir faltered.

Mytho would no longer suffer due to the missing pieces of his heart, and with a whole heart he would be able to defeat the Raven's blood and continue the battle within the confines of the story.

But... what of the other characters?

What of... Ahiru? Would she, Mytho having regained a heart, revert back into the form of a duck permanently?

Would he never see her again?

Though, without his heart, he would live as a lifeless doll as Mytho once had, Fakir had the feeling that Ahiru's presence would instill some sort of emotion within him... that she would have the power to make him smile, even as a puppet.

Scowling, shaking his mind free of his conflicting thoughts, Fakir picked up his sword and began the ritual that would save Mytho, and damn himself forever...

And the next day Ahiru found herself waving farewell to the Prince and the Princess as they left for their kingdom, and she began the search for heart shards once again.

The only differences being that this time she searched as herself, and this time she had no fear of confessing her love.

And that is what made all the difference.

AHIRUANDFAKIRARESODAMNCUTE

Author’s Notes:

OK, this is what I was thinking this time: Fakir would give anything for Mytho, so I think that if he had thought of it, he would have even given his own heart to Mytho. I’m thinking about turning this idea into a full-blown fic, but at this time I have too much going on.

Hope you’ve enjoyed my ficlettes, because there are more coming!