Project A-Ko Fan Fiction ❯ Project A-Ko: New Adventures of Supergirl! ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Project A-ko: The New Adventures of Supergirl Part Twelve

'It looks much the same,' he noted as he swiftly approached the Watchtower, flying through the darkness of space under his own power. The green skinned man passed ghost-like through the outer skin of the fortress easily, dropping down into one of the corridors. No alarms went off, the long hallway remaining utterly silent.

'Are the security systems down?' he wondered, when he heard a soft sound coming from directly behind him. He turned around carefully, to see a petite blonde in a maid's uniform standing behind him, a very large energy weapon extended out from her arm and pointed at his head. He tried to scan her thoughts, but was completely unable to pick anything up.

"Identify yourself, please," D-ko said quite calmly. She recognized him immediately, of course, but it seemed safer to make sure. A JLA membership card was drawn out, and she scanned it quickly for authenticity.

J'onn J'onz, also known as the Martian Manhunter, asked her, "You're an robot of some kind, aren't you?"

"Identity confirmed," D-ko passed the card back to him even as she slid the weapon back into her arm mount. "Yes, I'm a robot, as well as very sorry about that," she added with a cute little smile. "Oracle?" she looked up and said loudly.

There was a shimmer, and the hologram appeared nearby. "I told you it was him," Oracle said to D-ko with a smile. She turned to him, "Hello J'onn, it's good to see you again."

"Good to see you," J'onn nodded. He looked curiously at the little blonde, "And you are?"

"D-ko," she smiled cheerfully. She turned to Oracle, "I'll get back to my duties." With that, she strode away quickly and almost silently.

Oracle and J'onn smoothly fell into step, heading towards the central facilities of the Watchtower. "So what brings you here?" Oracle finally asked him.

"I picked up this message from my home on Mars," a very serious looking J'onn held up a small silvery data-disk, "I rather doubt it was powerful enough to reach the Moon."

"Superman and Wonder Woman?" Oracle asked.

J'onn nodded, "They stopped at home before they felt, told me of their mission." A slight smile, "And about their daughter." They reached the monitor room and he headed to one of the consoles to slide the silvery disk into the reader.

Oracle quickly scanned it, a frown on her face. Finally she said to him quietly, "I think I'd better get the others up here."

"The others?" the Martian raised an eyebrow.

It didn't take very long for the girls to arrive. Supergirl and Steel were first, having just gotten out of school when they received the message. A-ko smiled happily as soon as she saw him, "It's good to see you, J'onn!"

"You've grown up," J'onn noted as he gave her a hug.

"It's been nearly ten years," A-ko shrugged. She swiftly pulled Steel forward, "I'd like you to meet my friend B-ko."

B-ko didn't seem too terribly thrown by the seven foot tall green man in front of her, offering her hand and coolly saying, "Nice to meet you."

Kestrel, led in by D-ko, was the last to arrive but only by a few minutes. Oracle smiled at J'onn, "I'd like you to meet Kestrel." She quite deliberately didn't introduce the black and purple clad woman by her real name, leaving that up to Kestrel.

Kestrel pushed her cowl back, ruffling her short black hair with a hand. "Helena Wayne," she shook his hand, adding, "My grandfather speaks highly of you."

"I'll have to stop in, see Bruce," J'onn said, "and thank him for that."

Helena looked over to Oracle and asked, "What's the situation?"

"There's been a new message from Superman and Wonder Woman," Oracle said, activating a screen with a gesture.

There was simply snow at first, and even when the image came up it was static filled and badly distorted. Superman looked tired, somehow, as if he hadn't gotten much rest lately. "We've visited Almerac," he said, "and what we've found was unexpected."

Wonder Woman looked pained, "The planet had been utterly stripped of it's resources. Mines dig deep into the ground, and have extracted every precious fuel source or trace of organic life from the planet. It's utterly dead."

Superman nodded gravely, "There's no trace remaining that the people of Almerac had ever been here." He paused, "There's a powerful spacial disruption, leaving here and moving off into space. We're going to follow it, try to see what the connection might be."

"We miss you, A-ko," Wonder Woman said softly, "and I hope that you are well." A slight smile, "Be careful, you and those that are standing by you."

"We'll return home as soon as we can," Superman added, before the message finally broke up completely. The screen went to static for a few moments before Oracle shut it down.

J'onn had an odd look on his face once the message came to an end. "He actually sounded worried," he murmured softly.

"I think you're right," Oracle quietly agreed.

"So what do we do about it?" B-ko asked, looking around at the women and one man standing in the monitor room.

"Start to prepare for the worst," Helena said flatly. The eyes of all the others were on her as she continued, "We were going to keep on expanding this Justice League anyway, this just gives us a bit more urgent reason."

The eyes in the room turned to A-ko next, looking at her questioningly. "I think it's a good idea," A-ko admitted. "Right now if something really big hits, I don't know if we would be enough to handle it," she added.

"I agree," B-ko said, and D-ko nodded in the background.

"Sounds like a plan," Oracle nodded, "and I have a nomination for our first new member." She looked over at the Martian Manhunter, "J'onn?"

"I'd be honored," J'onn said, "if there are no objections?"

"You'd be an asset," Helena smiled.

"A-ko likes you," B-ko shrugged, "that's enough for now."

"I don't disagree," D-ko said.

"Looks like you're in," A-ko grinned at him.

"This is going to be interesting," J'onn murmured, looking around at the five young women who curretly made up the Justice League.