Project A-Ko Fan Fiction ❯ Project A-Ko: New Adventures of Supergirl! ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Project A-ko: The New Adventures of Supergirl Part Thirteen

"In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight," she said, dressed up in a familiar looking green and black uniform and holding her green power-ring to the matching power battery, "let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"

"Well done, Mrs. Scott," Ganthlet said to her quietly. The last surviving original Guardian of the Universe looked just a bit uncomfortable as he added, "But are you certain that you want to use that particular version of the oath?"

Kyla Scott pushed her dark green hair out of her eyes with a little smile on her face, "There's nothing wrong with that oath. The guy who wrote it maybe, but not the oath itself." She shrugged eloquently, "Beside, you told me yourself that the oath wasn't all that important, it just makes sure the timing for charging the ring works."

"The kid's got you there," Guy Gardner pointed out to the Guardian with a little smile. The former Warrior looked pretty good, the muscular man's blonde buzzcut only showing a bit of gray. The years had been very kind to him, probably due to his alien heritage. The three of them stood around in the Green Lantern wing of his metahuman bar Warriors, from where his waitress Kyla had been recruited by the Guardian only weeks ago.

"Indeed," Ganthlet nodded slightly. "You've completed your training on New Oa, and I feel that I'm leaving this sector in good hands," he smiled. The little blue man paused, "Are you going to be making contact with the Justice League?"

"Not yet," Kyla shook her head as she used the power ring to create a simple green mask on her face as she continued, "I think I want to get a bit more experience before I do that."

Ganthlet nodded to her slightly and said, "I wish you well." The blue skinned figure glowed a brighter and brighter shade of emerald green, until in a bolt of pure energy he shot right up through the roof and was gone.

"That's they're version of good luck," Guy remarked to her wryly. He smiled down at Kyla and said, "But you've got what it takes, kid. I talked to my buddy Killwog, and he says you're one of his best students ever."

"I'm glad," Kyla smiled. Softly, she asked him, "Do you think the Guardians are right, that there is a powerful threat coming to Earth?"

"They've been wrong before," Guy admitted, "but it sure don't happen very often. It's better to be safe than sorry, I'd say."

"You're probably right," Kyla nodded. She glowed green as she rose up into the air, then with a jauntly wave she was gone, passing ghostlike through the walls of the Warrior's Bar and out into the New York City night.

"Good luck," Guy murmured. It couldn't have been easy for her, being the granddaughter of Alan Scott as well as being the daughter of Jade and Kyle Rayner. It was a lot to live up to, but he was sure Kyla could pull it off.

Far above the Earth in the Moon based Watchtower, the Martian Manhunter was looking at the Oracle hologram oddly as they walked down a hallway together. Finally he asked her, "You mean to tell me that Kestrel appears to be after B-ko, D-ko likes B-ko too, and that A-ko and B-ko were both chasing after the same girl at the same time?"

Oracle nodded thoughtfully, "That's about right."

J'onn sighed softly, "I don't seem to remember there being quite so much messing around in the old League."

Oracle smirked slightly, "You don't remember Flash and Green Lantern trying to get Wonder Woman's attention all the time? Or her attempts to get Superman to notice her? And do't get me started on Green Arrow!"

The Martian nodded slightly, "You've got a point."

With a slight shrug Oracle added, "My general attitude has been that as long as it doesn't interfere with the job, I'll leave it alone."

"That seems wise," he agreed. J'onn looked over at her curiously, "Would it be all right if I moved back into my old quarters?"

"Shouldn't be a problem, the Watchtower is still pretty empty," Oracle said. "B-ko and D-ko have taken over Steel's workshop and quarters, A-ko's over in her father's, and Kestrel hasn't set up a room yet," she explained.

"Where were A-ko and B-ko in such a hurry to go to, anyway?" J'onn asked. The two young women had hurried off almost as soon as the vote for him to join was over, explaining that they had a appointment they had to keep.

"They're going down to Metropolis to see B-ko's mother," and Oracle smiled slightly as she added, "Lena Luthor."

"Luthor?" J'onn blurted.

Oracle chuckled, "It's a long story..."

The Watchtower's teleporter dropped the two of them off in an alley not very far from the Lexcorp headquearters. B-ko looked good in a woman's suit, while A-ko waas dressed a bit more casual in long pants and a simple blouse.

"It would be a lot smarter if I went in as Laurel," A-ko fretted, "you know they're going to recognize me as Supergirl."

B-ko smiled slightly, "Sorry, I'm nervous enough about this as it is. I'd really rather have you around as A-ko, if that's all right."

A-ko smiled slightly, "No problem, B-ko."

Lena Luthor heard a soft chime, and a moitor on her desk activated, showing two strangers entering the lobby. She sighed softly in relief, zooming in on B-ko and her friend walking inside. 'I was worried she wouldn't come,' she admitted to herself.

B-ko wasn't too terribly surprised at how quickly they were waved through the security and sent up in the main elevator. If her mother was anything, it was efficient. She noticed A-ko frowning and asked her, "Is anything wrong?

A-ko shook her head with a smile, "Just remembering the last time we were here."

With a soft chuckle B-ko said, "According to the Daily Planet, Lexcorp gutted and then replaced the entire security system with the state of the art." With a loud ping the elevator doors opened up, and the two were confrunted by one of the battledroids! "Then again," B-ko reached for her weapons bracelet.

"Behind me," A-ko growled to B-ko.

The the battledroid was whipped aside, revealing it to be a cardboard cutout. A grining redheaded woman with freckles put it aside, "Sorry, I couldn't resist."

Both A-ko and B-ko puffed out relieved breaths of air.

"Hi," the woman offered her hand, "my name's Jessica Olsen, and I'm Mrs. Luthor's executive assistant. Come this way, she's waiting for you in her offices."

"Do you do that to people often?" B-ko asked as they strode down the hallway. The girl seemed to be filled with energy, nearly bouncing along.

"Once or twice," Jessica admitted. The redhead grinned, "Mrs. Luthor kicked me and the cutout right over when I tried it on her."

"Tried what?" Lena stepped out into the hallway to ask.

Jessica tried her best to look innocent.

"She used that cutout on you didn't she?" Lena shook her head. She sighed and looked at Jessica, "You're lucky you didn't get shot or blow up."

Jessica whipped out a personal organizer and in a much more business- like tone said, "I've cleared two hours in your schedule, ma'am. Did you want lunch to be delivered?"

"Let's see how it goes," Lena smiled at Jessica. She looked at A-ko and B-ko and waved to her office, "After you."

Nervously, B-ko reached out and took A-ko's had, who gave hers a comforting squeeze.

'Interesting,' Lena noted as she folowed them in, 'very interesting.'

To be cotinued...