Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Aloha Means Goodbye ❯ An Unexpected Trip ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I'm attempting massive updates to my stories in the next two days. This takes care of this one.
 
Shawn had been known to act strangely on occasion. As frequently as these occurred, they were nothing to worry about. In actuality, it was those moments that he acted stranger than usual that were a danger. For instance, just before the no longer talked about “girl's bathroom” incident, he would only communicate through writing in Pig Latin. Gus had taken so long to decipher the notes (Shawn's version of Pig Latin involved actual Latin) that he had no time to prevent his best friend's antics. Therefore, when the salesman walked into the Psych office to see Shawn voluntarily wearing one of his father's shirts, he knew that something was wrong.
 
“Aloha, Pukonu,” greeted the fake psychic from his seat at his desk.
 
Gus scrunched his face up in confusion. “Who's Pukonu?”
 
“You are, Kuko. Sit down. I have grilled pineapple.”
 
Hesitantly, the black man took a seat. His head whirled as he tried to figure out what was going on. “Shawn?”
 
The man in question loaded a few slices of the fruit onto a plate and pushed it over to Gus. “Call me Kawana.” His content expression left no room for argument.
 
“Kawana,” he began, acting as though his friend was mentally imbalanced, “What the hell's going on?”
 
The other man took a few moments to respond. “You have vacation time, right?”
 
“Not a lot, thanks to you,” he replied, taking an angry bite of pineapple.
 
`Kawana' smiled. “But you do have some.”
 
Gus paused in mid chew and slowly nodded his head. It was strange how that simple movement filled him with dread.
 
Shawn's smile evolved into a full-fledged grin as he handed a piece of paper to the other man. It was a receipt for two tickets to Hawaii that left in two days. Gus' openmouthed indignant expression sent pineapple juice dribbling down his front.
 
And now for a list of Hawaiian names.
 
Burton - Pukonu
Carlton - Kakonu
Buzz - Puko
Gus - Kuko
Henry - Henele
Juliet - Iulieki
Karen - Kalena
Shawn - Kawana
Spencer - Kepenekela
 
My name in Hawaiian is Alekila, if you're interested.
 
Review!