Psych Fan Fiction ❯ One Flew into the Cuckoo's Nest ❯ Session 9 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Another chapter done!
 
Somewhere in the corner of the room, a clock ticked steadily. Dr. McCatharty was eying him from the opposite chair, pen poised above his file in order to make notes. In response, Shawn merely whistled a tuneless song. After a few moments, the psychiatrist spoke. “So, you're psychic?”
 
“Yep.” Shawn watched as the other man jotted down a note. From the time it took him to write, the man seemed to be recording more than his answer.
 
“What led you to believe that you're psychic?” The man asked, pen never leaving the page.
 
“I have visions: the past, the present, the future. I can also see spirits, and I often allow my body to be used as a receptacle for their earthy woes so that they may pass on.”
 
“That sounds like something out of a bad sci-fi movie.”
 
Fortunately for Shawn's credibility, he did not have the decency to blush. “Unfortunately, the inner workings of abilities such as mine are too much for a normal person to grasp. Those movies demonstrate the most sense they are able to make of them.”
 
All was quiet for a moment as Dr. McCatharty wrote more in the file. Shawn watched patiently until he recognized the swirl of the pen writing a familiar word. “Hey! I'm not an egomaniac!”
 
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
It wasn't often that Allison Ackart was able to take a shower at night. She was technically supposed to be in bed, where the doctors could supervise her and make sure that nothing ignitable made its way into her hands. However, she had managed to slip out while they were distracted with another patient. Stepping under the spray of hot water, she failed to notice the shadow on the other side of the glass door and the knife it held in its hand.
 
Review!