Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Is Believing ❯ Hello Drakness ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Seeing is Believing
By PrincessxShawn
 
 
SUMMARY: Shawn gets caught in a sticky situation - and is now blind! How will the sight dependent "psychic" solve the urgent murder case thrusted onto his shoulders?
 
 
"Shawn Spencer expertly leapt over the obstacles thrown in his way, landing like a cat on the carpet beyond. He began sprinting down the narrow hall, catching up to his prey like a hungry cheetah mother with seven cubs back at the den to feed and nurture and lov-"
"Shawn! Tell the story like it is!"
"But Gus, this makes it sounds so much cooler and makes us seem almost like ninjas. Oooh! That's perfect! I'll add you in as a ninja who flies out of the wall!"
*slap*
"Oh fine, fine, whatever. So I jumped over the chairs thrown in my way and chased - "
"Shawn!"
"Oh all right. You do it then."
"Good. Now, Shawn was rushing after the culprit when he fell upon articles knocked over by the culprit. He flailed about violently before managing to resume pursuit."
"Oh for Tom Cruise's sake, Gus! Just shut your big mouth and let me tell the story!"
"No, because you don't tell any of the facts Shawn!"
"And you do? Only Neil Armstrong would know what the hell you were saying. And who knows what you would've said if I hadn't stopped you."
"Fine. The girl can write it then. Maybe she won't twist around the facts."
"Maybe."
"Presenting, Seeing is Believing, by the wonderful PrincessxShawn."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Clap, clap, clap."
 
 
SEEING IS BELIEVING
BY
PRINCESSxSHAWN
 
 
CHAPTER ONE
HELLO DARKNESS
 
Shawn Spencer rushed down the small, narrow hallway. As he spun around the corner, he glimpsed the culprit dashing away. Chairs pulled from nearby tables were littered around the floor. Trying to pick his way through, Shawn tripped on one, falling painfully to the ground. Wincing as he stood, he continued the chase. Turning down the same hallway, he came to a stop. The hallway was a dead end. Down the remaining part were two doors and a couple of decorations sitting innocently.
"Shawn!" came a cry from behind him. Shawn turned to see his best pal, Burton "Gus" Guster running down the hall after him. "Where is he?"
Shawn shrugged. "Dunno. Somewhere in those rooms." He began to move foreword but Gus slapped his arm across Shawn's chest. Shawn winced inwardly.
"Shawn, you'll pay for that. Why'd you leave me with that woman? She was sobbing and look at my shirt!" Gus indicated to the many wet spots covering his otherwise clean blue dress shirt.
Shawn sighed. "Gus, don't be an angry beaver. Someone had to console her. And someone had to chase the guy so I thought - "
Gus snorted. "I don't see why you thought you'd be better at chasing him. I run faster than you do. I've beaten you before."
"You mean in the seventh grade?" Shawn inquired, looking confused. "I was on crutches with a broken leg. And you had been on the track team for a whole week before they kicked you out."
"A week and a half Shawn," Gus corrected.
Shawn paused. "All right a week and a half, I'll give you that."
"Now are we going to catch ourselves a murderer or what?"
"You know that's right," Shawn grinned, holding out his fist. Gus hit his own fist to Shawn's, the traditional fist pump. Moving down the hallway slowly, they approached the two doors.
"Which one?" Gus asked, looking back and forth between the two. Using his amazing Shawn-Vision, Shawn gazed about for clues.
"Ah..." he murmured, moving foreword to the door on the right. Next to it sat a small cluster of dirt from outside. Leaning down, he touched the dirt with his forefinger. It stuck and he examined it closely. Sticking his pinkie in his ear, he thought a moment.
"It's fresh."
"Have you called Lassiter and Juliet?"
Shawn nodded. "Yeah. They should be here any second. Let's go." Reaching out, he held the knob lightly. Turning it slowly, he waited. Suddenly, he flung the door open.
Standing on the inside was a tall, blonde man. A huge smirked played across his face. In his hands was a small tub, a clear liquid sloshing back and forth within it. Before Shawn or Gus could react, the man chucked the tub's liquid at them. The liquid flew through the air, hitting Shawn in the face and dripping down his shirt. Shawn screamed loudly, falling backwards. Gus quickly moved, catching him. Shawn's hands flew to his eyes, whimpering in pain.
The blonde man laughed before streaking past the duo and running down the hall.
"Hold it!" came a loud voice. Appearing in front of the blonde man was Carlton Lassiter, his gun pointing at the man's chest. Juliet O'Hara followed behind him along with several other officers. All had their guns drawn, pointing them at the man.
The blonde man sighed, raising his arms in surrender. One of the officers cautiously moved foreword, pulling out his handcuffs.
Shawn's sudden scream broke the silence and drew everyone's attention.
"Oh god..." Juliet murmured. Rushing foreword to him, she pulled out her radio. "Man down! We need an ambulance stat!"
"Shawn... Shawn are you okay?" Gus repeatedly asked.
Shawn shook his head in a no, his teeth gritted together. He tried to open his eyes but only screamed once more.
"Gus! Gus I can't see!"
 
 
The emergency room can be a dark and dreary place. Gus and Juliet sat in the waiting room, exhausted. Lassiter had long gone, taking away the man. Gus sighed and rubbed his head.
"I... I'm sure he'll be fine," Juliet said hesitantly. She held her handkerchief in her hand, wringing it.
"He said he couldn't see..."
"He'll still be able to see visions right? I mean, you don't really have to be able to see, do you?"
Gus simply shook his head. "I don't know. I just don't know."
Suddenly, a doctor came out from behind the double doors into the empty waiting room. He carried a small clipboard and approached the two. "Are you here for Shawn Spencer?"
Gus nodded. "How... how is he?" Gus questioned tentatively.
"He's doing fine. He's resting now," the doctor explained.
Juliet sighed, relieved. "Will he ever be able to see again?"
The doctor nodded and this time Gus sighed. "He was simply doused with a chemical that expands the iris' too far. He'll be blind for maybe two... two and a half weeks at most. He'll be just fine after that."
"Thank goodness. Can we see him?" Gus inquired.
"Sure. He's in room 727. Right down that way," the doctor instructed, pointing down a long hallway.
"Thank you," Juliet said as she turned and hurried down the hall.
Gus nodded. "Yes. Thank you very much." Gus rushed off after her.
"Here," Juliet called ahead of him, pointing at a room. Quickly, she headed inside. Shawn was lying on a large bed in the plain, good-sized room. A nearby TV mumbled on but Juliet had no way of knowing if Shawn was asleep or not. Wrapped around his head and covering his eyes were white gauze bandages. Walking foreword, Juliet reached out and held Shawn's hand in her own, rubbing it softly.
"Is he awake?" Gus asked as he came in behind her.
"Why of course I am Gus! What a silly question," Shawn suddenly said, causing both Gus and Juliet to jump. Before Juliet could pull back her hand, Shawn wrapped it in his own. Juliet blushed softly.
"How do you feel?" Gus asked, flopping down into a nearby chair. He sighed, shaking his head. He was exhausted.
"Like shit," Shawn replied happily.
"What were you guys thinking?" Juliet suddenly cried. "I'm glad you're okay Shawn, but still! It could have been a lot worse! What if that guy had had a gun! You could be dead right now! How could you be so reckless?"
"Jules," Shawn said softly, giving her hand a little squeeze. "I'm sorry. But I'm okay, really."
Gus snorted. "Right. Just keep telling yourself that. The doctor said you won't be able to see for the next two and a half weeks."
Shawn shrugged and smiled. “No biggie.”
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED...
 
CHAPTER TWO
TROUBLED DARKNESS
 
PREVIEW:
Shawn returns to the Police Station, blind and helpless. He had planned to relax for the next few weeks, but trouble's brewing.
 
"Mr. Spencer, I understand your predicament, but we need you on this. Only you can help us. If you don't, who know who else will be hurt? Or killed?"
"Thanks Chief, laying the pressure on pretty thick there huh?"
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Yeah so... hello. I hope you enjoyed everything. Sorry it was a little short, and not as funny as the series. But I really just wanted to blind Shawn first. So don't worry, it will be more funny and more like the series in the next chapter.
I'm planning on this being maybe four or five chapters, just so you know. I have no idea when I post the next chapter; my internet's been funky lately. But they should be up soon.
Alrighty-dotty, well that's it for now. Review por favor?
 
Written: 7.27.07 Typed: 7.27.07
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1