Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Ragnarok Online - Libertas ab Alucinor ❯ Chapter 1 – Whispers of the Sand ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I do not own ragnarok online or gravity. This Is a mature fanfic for mature audiences… mature scenes will be revealed on further chapters…
 
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
 
Ragnarok Online - Libertas ab Alucinor (freedom from dreams)
 
 
 
Chapter 1 - Whispers of the Sand
 
 
 
In a final attempt to defeat the monsters that roamed Midgard, King Tristan III marched with his army to the said monster fortress, Glast Heim. There, a legendary battle was fought. Many people gave their lives to free Midgard. In a final attempt to achieve victory, the King's son and successor, Prince Wilde, ordered the remaining wizards of Geffen to channel their energies and cast a spell that would obliterate Glast Heim. Despite many disputes, the wizards reluctantly agreed and was forced to annihilate Glast Heim. The warriors, knights, priests, wizards and even the king who fought within Glast Helm died along with the monsters on that fateful day.
 
It has been a few years since the war. Prince Wilde was now seated at the throne of Midgard. Reports of remaining monsters reached his majesty, along with the news that the monsters are regrouping and are trying to live peacefully under small communities. Such news was received by the king as a threat and ordered the whole kingdom to seek out and wipe the remaining monster colonies thus began the “Era of Black Blood” where passive monsters were massacred in their communities.
 
With the reign of the King Wilde, the whole kingdom was brought under deep chaos. His reign of tyranny and corruption defiled Prontrera, the once noble capital of the kingdom. Starvation and immense poverty spread along with crimes against fellow men such as thievery, murder, even prostitution and those who dared question the king was immediately sentenced to death. Some of the cities allied with the king while others conspired against him. It is indeed in his reign that turned the humans to monsters…
 
 
He scooped up water with his hand and sipped it. Sensing that it wasn't a threat, the wanderer drank some more, relieving him from thirst. He stood upright and wiped his shrouded face with his sleeve. The stranger stared at the heavens under the shade of his sakkat. The sun was high and he still was lost in the desert. It was a good thing though that he found this oasis. A few more days and he would've died. He opened his water canister and refilled it under the cool pond that saved his life. He rested his back at one of the palm trees. The shade and the pond provided him haven. He closed his eyes to rest his weary body. It was quite some time before he was woken by a sound of hooves. He glanced and the sound's direction.
 
`Slaves' the wanderer mouthed, narrowing his eyes.
 
It was a wagon with a girl tied behind left to be dragged by the horse. It was a bruised novice.
 
“So you plan to steal my goods eh?” the merchant scoffed. “Now, after I'm done with you, I bet you won't be doing that shit you did a little while ago”
 
The wagon stopped on the oasis. The stranger concealed himself and observed from where he was. A merchant got out of his wagon and went to the pond. He scooped up and drank. The little girl stared at him with despair.
 
The shrouded wanderer stealthily moved closer to overhear the conversation between the slave and her master. The merchant was stout and would display his gold all around him. His slave on the other hand, as expected with most slaves, was in bruises. Her long gold hair was covered with sand. Her face was dry. Clothes were tattered. She had scratches on her legs and her arms seemed sore from the chains that bound her.
 
“Ahhh” the merchant remarked, wiping his satisfied lips with his arm. “the water's cool” he then looked at the novice who licked her dry lips. “you want some you wretch?” he called in which the novice nodded in reply. The merchant scooped up and went to the girl but spilled the water in front of her. “here's your water ye thief!!” and punched bashed her head. with such force, the novice's face was shoved on the scorching sand watching the spilled water evaporate on the ground.
 
“After I'm done beating you up maybe I could earn myself a profit if I sold you as a prostitute” he knelt and grabbed her cheek. “the blacksmiths of Prontrera are wealthy enough to take you in” he sneered. “on the other hand, you look very pretty. What if I try you first” he said as he licked his lips that turned into a menacing grin. The depraved girl's eyes widened in fear.
 
“I might beat you up then rape you and leave you here to die you bitch” shouting at her as he raised his hand ready to give another strike. He swung his arm that seemed to been caught by something. The merchant looked behind to see a shrouded figure grasping his arm.
 
“Let go you fuck!” the hand that held him gripped tighter crushing his arm. The merchant cried in pain. The merchant grabbed a knife with his only able hand. “You! YOU BASTARD!” and slashed his knife at the stranger. With quick motion, the shrouded figure caught the knife between his fingers, flung it up, catches it with his right hand and slashed the neck of the merchant staining his cloak in blood
 
`shit', the stranger thought, staring at his blood stained black cloak. The stranger looked at the girl then to the chains that bound her. He grabbed the chains with a hand and broke it
 
The last thing the novice saw before she collapsed was the blurred image of her savior standing above her.
 
 
 
 
She opened her eyes slowly. The magnificent view of the heavens gave her relief. Then she remembered everything. She was running and snatched a silver knife on a merchant's wagon but she tripped herself and the merchant caught up with her and beat her up to death then…..
 
“So, you're awake” a voice called
 
The girl sat upright and looked at the figure. He was all black. A black-dyed sakkat lay upon his side. The glow of the fire illuminated his face. The stranger poked the fire. The girl tried to move only to feel pain all over her body.
 
“If you move, some of your wounds will open” the man said, his attention was still at the fire.
 
The girl looked at her body. Her wounds were treated and some were fully healed.
 
The man then stood up, carrying a can. He knelt in front of her and handed her the can he was holding. “Eat up miss” he said smiling at her. The light from the heavens helped her study her savior, he was young, seems to be of her age, had a seemingly long black hair that was covered by his coat. But what made her notice him is his mysterious blank eyes. She turned her glare at the can. With shaking arms, she reached for it and held it tight. She looked at her food. Pork and Beans. She took a spoonful and ate. The figure rose, from which the novice's eyes followed as he went near his spot on the fire and picked another can and went to the pool and scooped up water. He then returned back to her and gave her the can of water.
 
“Drink” he said.
 
The novice greedily grabbed the water and drank it letting some of the water drip on her neck, down to her shirt. The figure rose again and resumed his place near the fire. He poked it with a stick.
 
“Thank You”
 
Said a low voice from his back.
 
The youth stopped poking the fire and turned to the voice.
 
“For what?” he asked her quizzically.
 
“For saving me” the novice replied then continued her meal.
 
He smiled and turned again to the fire and began poking it.
 
“Actually” the novice stopped, with some of the beans stuffed in her mouth, and look at him. “I shouldn't have helped you” the monk continued.
 
She was downhearted of what she heard.
 
“It was your fault after all” the monk said. “if you hadn't stole anything from the merchant, you wouldn't have experienced this”
 
The girl stared on the ground. she was about to tell him what he experienced when the man concluded. “But I know you did it for a good reason”
 
She stared at him quizzically.
 
“With poverty running wild across the kingdom, even the lowly acolytes are transformed to thieves. Some people resort to prostitution. Death was now caused by fellow men” he smirked “Ironic that there was once a time where we treated each other as brothers and sisters and helped one another to defeat the monsters of Midgard” he continued poking the fire “But now, it is us who treat one another as monsters.”
 
The girl stared at the ground, thinking of how she starved for days and would steal things in order to help her survive for tomorrow. She has been offered to earn a living as a prostitute or as a slave but she refused. She would lie in the shadows waiting for a chance to pickpocket a wealthy noble who would pass by. She then remembered her incident with the merchant. She tried to steal a silver knife of seemingly high quality from him but she was caught and her escape was a failure. She was paraded on the streets of Morroc to be ridiculed by the people. She was then dragged across the desert under chains. She begged for forgiveness. But all she heard was the hooves of the pecopeco. She then remembered how this stranger saved her
 
She then looked at the stranger
 
“Sir” she said, the stranger glanced back at her
 
“Are you a monk?”
 
“What made you say that?”
 
“I thought you were an assassin at first but I saw how you broke the chains by only holding at it…. And how you caught the knife and killed the merchant…. And how you were able to heal my wounds”
 
The monk returned his attention to the fire ignoring the novice's question.
 
“Can I go with you mister monk?” the novice asked.
 
Silence faced the novice for awhile.
 
“Get some rest novice” the monk finally said.
 
She was awoken by the gleaming sun. She shielded her eyes and looked up at the bright sun. She then looked around, searching for the monk which was out of sight. She stood up and searched the oasis for him. It wasn't long before she found him, training on the open desert. She took herself the liberty of being his audience. The monk wore again his black sakkat and coat. She hugged her knees and sat upright and watched him dance around as the sands would make way for him like a sandstorm in the desert.
 
He punched the air rapidly, following it by a 1-2 kick then a sweep kick that disturbed the sands beneath him. While crouching, the monk placed both his hands and made a half somersault then jumped to the air using his hands and laid a 1-2 kick followed by a spin that executed a vertical leg somersault on the air. The somersault ended with him facing the ground below. He clenched his fist and the girl saw a gold aura enveloped it. The monk then punched straight to the ground as he landed, making the ground shake and the sands flying away from the impact's circumference.
 
She coughed hard as her lungs were filled by the sand that the monk erupted. She then remembered the monk and set out her gaze for him. He wasn't there!
 
“It's bad to snoop around people” a voice said behind her. She was startled and turned her head only to see that her head was two inches apart from the monk's. The novice blushed and was moved back. “Good morning to you miss sleuth” the monk smiled. She was dumbfounded. “Well aren't you looking a little bit dirty with those on.” He said, pointing on her clothes. “I was supposed to take a bath after training but since somebody here is already up, guess I'll pass for now.” He rose and turned “Clean yourself at the pond. Don't worry, I won't look. I ransacked the wagon for new clothes for you.” He walked but stopped and added “I readied a towel where I am supposed to use… you can use it if you want” then continued on his way, leaving a startled novice.
 
She located the towel the monk left. She thought about the monk's promise of not peeking and quickly went around the bush, looked around and undressed herself then quickly covered it with the towel. She emerged from the bushes and dipped her feet on the pond `the water's warm' she thought and immersed herself in the water. She raised an arm and rubbed it gently, her once bruised arm was now restored thanks to that monk. She then continued her bath.
 
 
 
 
 
The monk was cooking lunch when a figure passed above him and heard a piercing cry. He stared up.
 
`A falcon?'
 
His eyes widened as he remembered something about the falcon. The falcon turned again and dropped him a note. After reading it, he thought deeply.
 
`She can't come with me…. I must leave'
 
He rose to where he is seated and went to the carriage. As he closed in the carriage, he then heard a low hum that was music to his ears. He then remembered the novice taking her bath. He glanced over the carriage to see the novice rubbing her arms slowly. She swung her fully cleaned gold hair. She was cute he thought and blushed at his fancy. The novice then turned her back and noticed him at the corner of her eye. The monk instinctively hid his presence.
 
The novice lowered herself into the water thinking that the monk is peeping on her
 
“Are you there mister monk?” she called
 
No answer. She looked at the carriage again only to see a pair of feet standing behind it.
 
“I know you're there mister monk!!” she shouted
 
The monk slowly walked sideways, his back facing the opposite and said
 
“I-I have left your clothes here and uhm…. Lunch is ready.” Then he walked back sideways in the covering of the wagon.
 
 
When sensing that the monk left, she rose and went to the wagon only to see a green kimono laced in purple. She took it, entered the vehicle, closed its doors and dressed.
 
 
The sun was high when she appeared to the monk who was sitting on a flat stone and was already eating lunch. The monk glanced at her, blushed lightly and stared down at his meal and continued.
 
“Eat up” he said, pointing to the canned food seated on the top of a smooth rock. She took it and seated on the rock which was located in front of him.
 
“I'm sorry.” The monk said “That's the only decent dress that I found on the merchant's goods. The rest were……. Self explanatory” he concluded.
 
The novice smiled and ate her lunch.
 
After eating, the monk helped her carry some stuff that she might use on the carriage. She noticed the novice's reduced movement due to her dress.
 
“I'm sorry if that dress is holding you down” the monk said as he was busy with the preparation.
 
“It's ok” she replied to him.
 
After awhile, everything was set.
 
“You're all set.” The monk smiled, facing her.
 
“Aren't you coming with me?”
 
There was long silence
 
“No” the monk finally answered
 
The novice looked sad and asked “Why?”
 
“Because, I will soon be a forbidden”
 
“A forbidden?”
 
“I can't tell you what it is. All I know is that you can't come… you must not… come…”. With that, he turned his back on her and started to walk. The novice was downcast.
 
“What job do you want to be?”
 
A voice asked her.
 
The novice looked up startled.
 
“What job do you want to be?”
 
The monk asked again.
 
“I want to be a mage” she replied.
 
“Nice choice” the monk said. “Be careful. People have gone wild due to the lax of the king to his duties. Geffen still holds its justice. So does Payon and Juno. But the cities of Morroc, Al de Baran, Alberta and even Comodo has been plagued with evil.” The monk said, glancing to her “You have experienced that evil at the hands of the merchant.” The girl remembered and nodded. “Do not trust anybody easily”………… “Including me” the novice glanced at him when he said “Including me”.
 
“Is that why you are going to leave?” she asked
 
The monk faced her, walked towards her and fumbled something at the back of his neck and said
 
“Yes”
 
“BUT I TRU~” her line was cut short when the monk placed a necklace on her. She looked at it. It was made of silver and a silver cross dangled below. She noticed the monk move back, raised his hand over her, closed his eyes and said
 
“May God keep you from the evils of Midgard and may grant you strength and refuge”
 
With that, he stepped back further and turned and went on his way.
 
The novice shouted.
 
“But I~………….” She know he won't come back to guide her.
 
“Tell me what's you're name master monk!!” she shouted
 
The monk stropped and shouted his reply without glancing back.
 
“Signet! Signet Nemme! And don't call me master! I'm just 19!!”
 
Then he went on his way.
 
She felt the cross on her breast, caressed it as he watched him vanish on the gusts of wind under the strength of the high sun.
 
“We'll meet again” she whispered “Signet Nemme”
 
 
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
 
Well, that was chapter 1 of my ragna fanfic. Please rate this guys after you read it so that I may improve further chapters.
 
^_^