Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ The Last of the Chosen ❯ Prologue - Beginnings ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : Whatever Anime in this fanfiction do not belong to me, so don't sue me.
 
The Last of the Chosen
 
Prologue - Beginnings
 
“So have you heard?”
 
Rukia turned her head to face Abarai, a friend of hers from long ago. Together, the entered the Court of Pure Souls with high hopes and ambition of joining the league of Death Gods. However, as time passed, they both realized that their friendship was somehow wading away. Rukia joined the 13th squad and also became a member of the Kuchiki clan, while Renji Abarai joined the Royal Guard due to his high fighting capability.
 
“What is it Renji?” Rukia asked as she looked at his enlightened smile with curiosity. The Redhead's smile widened as he took out a leather wallet. Opening it, he stood next to her and pointed at the name tag inside.
 
Rukia gasped slightly and looked at the smug expression on Renji's face.
 
“11th division, 3rd position?! That's great Renji!” Rukia exclaimed as she hugged him, surprising the redhead as he blushed deeply and withdrew her from his body. However, to Rukia, the sudden position rise didn't surprise her as much because she already expected much from Renji. He had great potential as a Death God, unlike herself.
 
“So how's the 13th division been treating you?” The redhead asked his childhood friend. Rukia smiled as she replied,
 
“It's been great, Renji. Captain Ukitake is a very kind man and he's been treating me well.” The Redhead smiled at Rukia and looked sideways out the window.
 
“Its different then it was before.” Renji said with an indifferent expression. Rukia frowned slightly as she followed his gaze towards the outer gates of South Rukon-gai. She knew he was thinking of the times of their childhood. The good times they had when with their friends, their sudden deaths, the choice of joining the Death God's. She was shaken out of her thoughts when she heard Renji say with hesitation,
 
“Do you, ever regret the decision of joining the Death God's?” Renji looked at her questioningly as Rukia looked down, unable to face him. Drawing her face back up, with a strained expression on her face, she was about to answer his question when a loud bell was heard, signaling trouble.
 
(Boom!)
 
A loud explosion was heard outside as the floor shook, causing Rukia and Renji to fall to the floor. A slight buzz went through their heads as both Rukia and Renji almost collapsed from the sudden rush of power they felt.
 
“What was that?!” Renji questioned loudly as he immediately jumped to his feet and looked out the window. Rukia followed his example and gasped when she saw a giant blue and red fire cloud rise from the ground just outside of South Rukon-gai.
 
As they watched with great astonishment etched on their faces, two hell moths appeared before them and relayed a message, causing both to widen their eyes in surprise.
 
Not even bothering to say bye to each other, both immediately ran down the opposite hallway. Both Rukia and Renji knew however, that the shaking of the ground was not an earthquake, but an aura of energy so powerful, that it shook the very foundation of the Court of Pure Souls itself.
 
00
 
A man with a black and white colored face known as Captain Kurotsuchi, and a beautiful woman with an indifferent expression on her face stood beside a wall looking outwards at South Rukon-Gai. The black and white man smiled wickedly as he said to himself,
 
“A new specimen.”
 
00
 
Captain Yamamoto stood by a window and calmly gazed at the frantic Death God's running outside the Gate of South Rukon-gai.
 
“Captain Yamamoto.” The window's reflection showed his lieutenant standing just behind him, as if waiting for some sort of signal.
 
Opening one eye, Captain Yamamoto nodded slightly to the man behind him. The Lieutenant nodded also and disappeared in an instant, leaving the old man to think to himself.
 
“This should turn out interesting.” Captain Yamamoto mused to himself.
 
00
 
After getting her Soul Reaper, Rukia, along with many other Death God's ran towards the site where the incident supposedly happened. She didn't really understand the orders she received, but she stood on stand by just in case something happened.
 
Exiting the outside Gate of Rukon-gai, she found herself astonished beyond comparison as she, along with others, stared blankly at the large crater formed just outside of South Rukon-gai. Snapping out of her daze, she saw several 4th squad Death God's rushing inside of the easily 170 yard wide crater, tending to a slightly blackened body found in the middle of the large crater.
 
Rukia, also concerned about the person, jumped into the crater and found the 4th squad bandaging someone. Looking closely, Rukia realized that the person was no older then 17 years old, a mere child in Soul Society. His wounds almost made her gag, but it also saddened her as she realized for someone to come back to Soul Society with such wounds meant that it was not a normal means of death.
 
As the 4th squad carried the boy on a stretcher and towards the Court, As the stretcher ran pass Rukia, she heard the boy whisper slightly,
 
“Akane.”
 
TBC.
 
If you haven't figured it out by now, it's a crossover of Bleach and Ranma. This is about 20 years in the past before Ichigo invades the Court of Pure Souls, so Ichigo isn't born yet. Although it seems this is mostly about Bleach, Ranma is going to play a very important role in this fanfiction, since most of my fanfics revolve around Ranma.
 
Oh yeah, the 17 year old boy is Ranma after his battle with Saffron. Since Ranma is in Soul Society, it means he is dead, so he lost against Saffron, at least in my fanfiction. I don't want to spoil some parts, but don't cross out the Ranma gang yet, because they also play a very important role in the future, especially Akane.
 
This Fanfic does not have any pairings, but if you would like some pairings, you are free to suggest some and I will consider it.
 
Tell me what you think, Please R&R, Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tell me whether you like it or not and I will try to make whatever changes you want me to make. Thanks for Your Support, Daniel Shinigami.