Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Avatar ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and Nickelodeon. All characters (that I have not created or borrowed from other sources) belong to them . This is a fan fiction, and is
not intended to violate the rights of those who hold control over the Ranma 1/2 and Avatar:The Last Airbender series. I have no money for legal problems and would very much appreciate it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much.
 
A thanks to AYH for their help in editing some of the content of this and the last chapter.
 
Wild Avatar
By HVulpes
Chapter Five
 
Ranma was walking back to the village after his training exercises when he ran into Katara coming the other way. Curious as to why she would be heading towards the beach he called out, "Hey Katara! Where are ya going?"
 
"Hello Ranma, I was just heading to the beach to catch up with Aang. He was going there with his fan club to ride the unagi. I was worried that he might be getting into trouble if he actually finds the thing." A shadow of fear covered her face in the form of worry as she looked towards the beach.
 
Ranma shook his head. He knew what it was like to show off for people, he regularly did that himself. 'I just can't resist showing how good I am it must be something that I get from Pops' training,' Ranma thought. Still he didn't like to worry people when he did those things so turning to look at Katara considered what to do next.
 
"I'll go with you with the two of us we might be able to keep Aang outa trouble if he does find that eel thing," Ranma said as he started to follow Katara to the beach. It was a few minutes before they arrived at beach where they found Aang alone in the water. It looked like his fan club had finally abandoned him.
 
Looking up Aang's eyes lit up as he saw them, "Katara! You came! Ranma, you're here too!" He waved to them excitedly as he floated in the little island inlet.
 
"I wanted to make sure that you were safe. You really had me worried." Katara said as she watched Aang. The worried look that had been on her face lightened up as she saw Aang in the water without seeing the Unagi.
 
"Back in the village you acted like you didn't care," Aang said, his tone taking on a more serious tenor. Ranma began to notice that there was more between the two of them than just Aang showing off and Katara getting worried about him.
 
"I'm sorry," Katara said sincerity in her voice as she apologized to Aang.
 
"Me too, I did let all of that attention go to my head, I was being a jerk." Aang said as he sat, looking shame faced.
 
"We all tend ta show off when people are watching. Ya might wanna get out of the water, before ya get all pruney." Ranma said as he butted into the conversation. He guessed that Katara was thinking the same thing as she nodded in agreement.
 
"On my way!" Aang grinned as he started to swim for the shore when the giant form of the unagi burst from the water. Ranma and Katara barely had time to gasp as Aang was caught by the wake of the beast and clung on to its tail.
 
Twisting it head the Unagi shot a stream of water at Aang. Jumping up Aang grabbed on to one of the eel's catfish like whiskers as it shook its head violently as it tried to dislodge the young man from its face. Swinging before the beast's mouth Aang got a close up view of the creatures' razor like teeth. As it paused for a few short seconds it licked it lips as t looked down at Aang, its nostrils flaring with him hanging below them. Then it continued to shake its head once more.
 
"Hang on, Aang!!" Katara called out from the shore. Looking around she saw Ranma already stripping out of his clothes. In his mind he was trying to think of the attacks that he could use against the eel in the water. It had been a while since his father had trained him to fight in water.
 
The unagi finally shook Aang off, throwing the Avatar into the water. Katara, Ranma and the unagi all raced towards Aang but it was Katara who reached the young man first, taking him into her arms. Arriving next the Unagi rose high into the air but it was hit by a hard blast of air as Ranma took a shot at the beast, distracting it long enough for Katara to use her waterbending to thrust herself away from it as she carried Aang.
 
The unagi dove as the resulting waves swept Katara and Aang into a small nook between some rocks with Ranma following after them. With a final show of its wraith the unagi rose and shot off a parting stream of water as it then sunk slowly into the water. Looking over the rocks Kataras' face darkened as she gazed across the water. Looking over Ranma saw a metal ship that was heading for the island.
 
Katara spoke a single word, "Zuko!"
 
Ranma watched as the ship landed and the prow opened to let out what looked to be riders. But the beasts that they were riding were more of the strange animals that seem to populate this world. They looked to be a cross between a rhino and a komodo dragon that Ranma had seen before; about the size of horses they carried men in red-black armor upon their backs. In the lead was a teen with a large burn scar covering his left eye and almost a quarter of his face.
 
"I want the Avatar alive," the teen with the scar spoke. Moving to better hide her self within the rocks Katara watched as Zuko and his men moved towards the village. She noted that one of the rhinos was carrying an unusual second passenger, a figure who was cloaked in a long red robe. Aang was still out of it and Ranma was starting to worry that he had taken to much water into his lungs.
 
"Wake up, Aang!" Katara urged softly. Moving her hands she began to raise the water out of Aang's lungs and was rewarded when Aang coughed and sputtered.
 
Weakly, Aang said, "Katara... don't ride the unagi. Not fun," Aang then turned to Ranma and giggled as he saw that Ranma was in his female form dressed only in his tank top and boxer shorts. "Hey Ranma, you might want to get some clothes." Katara turned to Ranma suddenly noticing that Ranma had changed forms and blushed at the image of the new young woman.
 
Meanwhile in the village...
 
Still sparring with Suki, Sokka was trying to improve his skills. Dodging a parry the pair smiled towards each other, "Not bad," Suki replied. Shampoo and Cologne smiled as well from where they were watching.
 
Just then the village head man burst into the dojo, gasping for air and trying to catch his breath. "Firebenders have landed on our shores! Girls, come quickly!"
 
"Hey, I'm not a... oh, whatever!" Sokka grumbled he ran into battle.
 
"Shampoo, we must get ready to defend our new friends." Cologne said as two amazons ran into battle themselves. Shampoo nodded and followed her great grandmother.
 
On the deserted main street of the village...
 
Zuko stood in the street, looking for any trace of the Avatar, "Come out, Avatar. You can't hide from me forever!"
 
Frustration gnawing at his already frayed patience Zuko turned towards his men, "Find him!" Moving out into the village the rhino riders roamed the streets in search for any sign of the fabled Avatar. Once they had moved further from their prince the fan warriors of Kyoshi descended from the rooftops attacking them. Leading the assault Suki headed straight for Zuko ready to strike at the teen. Moving his rhino around at the last minute Zuko swatted her into the air with his rhino's tail.
 
Seeing the girl lying prone on the ground Zuko released a fireball directly at her only to see it deflected right back at him before it could connect with its intended target. Reflecting the fireball with his fan, Sokka smirked as he saw the prince of the firebenders blasted off his mount and fall on the ground. "I guess trainings' over!" Sokka said. Suki could only smile at Sokka as she got up on her feet once again to fight.
 
Suki, Sokka and another of the fan warriors approached the prone prince, with great care. Spinning his hand across the ground he moved the flame towards his feet and kicked out at the approaching warriors. Falling to the ground they watched as Zuko pulled himself to his feet and leapt to the middle of the street.
 
"Nice try, Avatar! But these little girls can't save you." Zuko said, looking for a sign of the airbender.
 
"Hey, over here!" Aang said as she stood facing Zuko.
 
Zuko smiled as he saw him. "Finally, Mousse attack!" Zuko said as he spoke to his secret weapon. Streams of chains suddenly flew towards the Avatar at great speed wrapping around Aang's arms and legs making any movements impossible. Looking up the length of the chains he saw that they came out of the figure cloaked in red.
 
As the cloak fell off Aang saw that the figure was an older teen dressed in decorated white robes. He had long dark hair and glass over his eyes in metal wires. The chains went into the oversized sleeves of the figure's robes.
 
"I believe that the Avatar is tied up at the moment, Zuko. Just like we planned, now it's your turn to hold your end of the bargain." Spoke the figure that Aang figured that was called Mousse from what Zuko was saying.
 
It was then that a female voice called out to the three figures in the street. "So ya're here too, Mousse, working for the bad guys from the look of it." A vision of beauty came into view, dressed in darn little. Her fire red hair and crystal blue eyes brought a blush even to Zuko. For a brief moment he felt a pang of jealousy hit him as he thought of this woman addressing Mousse so casually.
 
“Wow, you really deliver don't you?” Mousse commented to Zuko before turning towards the red head, "Ranma Saotome!"
 
Shocked at what Mousse had just said Zuko thought, `This is the infamous Ranma Saotome? Oh fire lord, the first truly stunning woman I see and it's a guy. Someone really hates me.'
 
Deciding to strike first before things could get out of control and loose him the Avatar, he told Mousse, "I'll take care of Ranma. You just keep a hold of the Avatar!" Zuko said as he rushed to fight the woman.
 
Coming within range of his firebending abilities, Zuko released a blast of pure flames at the young red headed woman to drive her back on the defensive. Ranma however moved with the flames slipping out of them with a grace of a dancer. Her lips quirked in a smile Ranma spoke out loud, "So firebending is based on Northern Shaolin style. Well that makes things a little easier now that I know the kinds of moves that you're going to make."
 
Zuko moved carefully as he wondered what it was that Ranma was talking about. In his mind he asked, 'What is Shaolin style? Why would it allow Ranma to know how I firebend? Could he have some kind of special power like Mousse, an ability to read minds?' The young prince was growing even more frustrated with the woman that was before him, especially after his mistake over the sex of his opponent. His rage was boiling over as the thought of loosing the Avatar appeared in his mind.
 
The firebender decided to continue with the offensive by launching a volley of flame strikes that would distract Ranma long enough for him to find the weak spot in the woman's fighting style. Quick sharp punches released jets of flames that were quickly and skillfully dodged by the young girl, with the final punch being accented with a kick that shot flames across the ground. Ranma just jumped up to an amazing height moving over Zuko and gliding down with a gentle flow, her breasts jiggling in a way that made Zuko feel shameful.
 
"Well, you've dished out a good couple of attacks. Now it's my turn scar face!" Ranma then moved her hands in a way that caused the wind to blow and gather around him. Then he thrust out his hands with a speed that caused the wind to flow at Zuko like catapult stones. Zuko barely had time to dodge the wind blast as Ranma pressed his attack.
 
Zuko soon discovered that Ranma was an airbender, but one with a different battle tactic than those that had been employed by the Avatar himself. The Avatar was more a defensive fighter from what Zuko had seen; Ranma on the other hand had the ability to shift from defense to offense with ease. Zuko countered with the only way that he could by blasting the wind with his fire, letting his anger fuel his bending so that it became more powerful.
 
Ranma was cool in both movements and in attitude as he moved the wind in a way that shielded him from the damage that Zuko was trying to do with his firebending. The prince was having a hard time finding a weakness in the woman, or at least finding a true weakness and not the image of weakness that Ranma projected from time to time. The firebender had thought that he had found an opening before only to have Ranma reveal that it was bait in a trap for Zuko.
 
In more than one way, Ranma Saotome was rubbing Prince Zuko the wrong way and the prince of the fire nation was going to find a way to pay him back in full. As long as Mousse held the Avatar in a securely Zuko was free to teach this peasant a lesson on taking on his betters in combat.
 
Meanwhile...
 
Aang could only watch as Ranma and Zuko faced off with each other. Ranma had only used a basic form of attack with the throwing of wind blasts that was blended with the circular bob and weaving of airbending. The young boy could also see that there was a new element that was added to the skills that the Avatar had taught the sex changing boy. It was more aggressive than the airbending that was common to the Air Nomads, with attacks flowing with the speed usually given to avoiding the opponent's thrusts.
 
'How do I get out of this? I'm not sure how long that Ranma could hold off Zuko. But these chains are too tight to escape from, let alone going through the motions for bending.' The Avatar also observed that the firebending soldiers that had followed Zuko were causing secondary fire damage to the village. The knowledge that the damage was the result of his coming to the island filled Aang with despair.
 
Lifting his head his eyes caught sight of something from behind the teenager that was holding him with the strong chains, the flash of purple hair that could only be one person. 'Shampoo,' thought the airbender, but looked like that Shampoo needed Mousse's attention to be distracted.
 
"So Mousse is it, why are you working for Prince Zuko?" Aang asked trying to keep the man in the white robes focused on the captured boy.
 
"I made a deal with him so that if I was to capture and hold you for him, he would help me find my love Shampoo and take her away from that Casanova Saotome." Mousse said as his face began to redden with the final word that he had spoken. Aang could only listen as Mousse then went on and on with how much of a jerk that Ranma was.
 
"He's so arrogant about his skills thinking that he is the best martial artist in the world. Plus the fact that he has three other women chasing after him while he leads Shampoo around on a leash, mocking the proud warrior that she truly is. Not caring about her feelings, the feelings of his other fiancées or the feelings of anyone else that he hurts on the way." While Mousse was going on with his rant, Shampoo was slowly sneaking up behind him and she was holding what looked like a bucket.
 
'Why is Shampoo carrying a bucket? Wait a second, a bucket... that means water! Mousse must have a curse like Ranma and Shampoo, a curse that turns him into something else when he is splashed with water. But what does he turn into and how is that going to help me get free?' The twelve year old asked him self mentally.
 
Coming into throwing range, Shampoo tossed the bucket that was filled with near freezing water at the white robed one. The rapid shape shifting of the water curse instantly changed him into another creature covered with the robes that he had previously been wearing. Crawling out of the robes came what looked to be a chicken duck to Aang, only looking slightly different from the fowl that was normal in this world.
 
"Is Aang alright? Shampoo wanted to get you out from Mousse's chains as Shampoo knows how hard it is to get out of them." Shampoo said as she rushed up and tried to free the Avatar from the loosened chains. The young man started to massage his wrists as the chains came off of him, trying to get the feeling back into his limbs.
 
"I think that it might be best to leave the island as soon as possible," came a voice from behind Aang. Turning to see who it was the boy found that it was Cologne. "I know that it seems to be cowardly, but as Ranma has found out running can sometimes help avoid the greater damages that occur during a fight. I have told Katara to get Appa ready as soon as she finishes finding a safe spot for the children of Kyoshi."
 
Aang nodded as he moved to get ready to escape from the disaster that had followed him, feeling guilt at leaving the people of Kyoshi with so much damage but knowing that to save them he must run.
 
"You two get to Appa and prepare for our departure. I am sure that Katara will need your help in getting Appa ready for a quick flight out of Kyoshi. I'm going to do my best to pull Son-in-law out of his fight with the scarred teen, though I am going to need a lot of luck to convince him that it is time to leave." Cologne said as she hopped away on her staff in a rapid manner to the place that Zuko and Ranma were battling.
 
Elsewhere in the Village...
 
Sokka and Suki had dodged behind a building to try for another surprise attack against the firebenders, hoping to get them in a moment of weakness. The two warriors stopped to take a good looked at each other as they took their time.
 
"There no time to say good-bye," Suki said as they had learned from Cologne that the friends of the Avatar would have to leave as soon as possible to avoid the further destruction of the village.
 
"What about I'm sorry?" Sokka asked, feeling the need to express his change of view from those he held before arriving at Kyoshi.
 
"For what?" The young woman asked as she was not sure what it was that he was trying to tell her, especially with their time together drawing to a close.
 
"I treated you as a girl when I should have treated you as a warrior." The water tribesman said, trying to express his new found respect for the female warrior and her band of followers.
 
Suki leaned forward to the young man, as she spoke to him softly. "I am a warrior," She told him as she kissed him on his cheek, adding, "But I also a girl, too." Sokka's hand reached up to his cheek to the place where she had kissed him and his eyes grew in surprise as he blushed bright crimson.
 
"Now get out of here. We'll hold them off." Suki then rose to meet the challenge of the fire nation invaders that threatened her homeland. Sokka rose as well as he went looking for Appa so that they could all leave together, protecting Suki's home from Zuko and his forces.
 
'I hope that Suki will be alright,' He wished as he took one last look at her, adding in his mind, 'I bet that I'll never meet another girl like her.' At the North Pole, a white hair girl sneezed.