Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Avatar ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and Nickelodeon. All characters (that I have not created or borrowed from other sources) belong to them . This is a fan fiction, and is
not intended to violate the rights of those who hold control over the Ranma 1/2 and Avatar:The Last Airbender series. I have no money for legal problems and would very much appreciate it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much.
 
A thanks to AYH for their help in editing some of the content of this and the last chapter.
 
Wild Avatar
By HVulpes
Chapter Four
 
Shampoo watched with care as Aang and Katara finished talking. From the phrase of Aang being a simple monk Shampoo figured that Aang had to have grown up in a monastery away from most people, but was now getting used to all of the attention that he seemed to be getting as the Avatar.
 
'Katara tries to focus on the journey that is to come to find Aang a teacher for his waterbending abilities from what I have heard, but Aang is just enjoying the moment... and from the looks of it, trying to get Katara jealous,' Shampoo thought to herself as she watched the events unfold. It reminded her of the actions that she and the other fiancées would take to get Ranma's attention.
 
But soon the two of them were alone again and Shampoo wondered if she should bring up the issue about Aang's behavior. Shampoo was beginning to suspect that the powerful Bender had a crush on the older woman, but instead decided to wait for Katara to pick the next topic.
 
Taking a deep breath, Katara slowly asked, "So Shampoo what is between you and Ranma? I remember that you said that you are married to him from what you said about your laws, but Ranma doesn't seem too interested in the marriage. Are you interested in him beyond those laws? "
 
"Shampoo is in love with Ranma. She wasn't at first; originally Shampoo was trying to kill Ranma because Shampoo thought that he was a woman and had dishonored her. Amazons that are defeated by a woman have the option to deliver a Kiss of Death, an oath to hunt the woman down and kill her to restore an Amazon's honor. Shampoo wasn't thinking very clearly when she did this, Shampoo discovered that she does not like to kill unless necessary," Shampoo told the Water girl.
 
"Only Shampoo's desire to hold on to her honor kept her hunting, only to be defeated by Ranma in his male form. So for a while Shampoo was hunting Ranma in his female form for death and his male form for marriage. Then Ranma tricked Shampoo into thinking that he was a she with a Jusenkyo curse. Shampoo didn't want to kill Ranma, so Shampoo returned home only to be punished by Great Grandmother for loosing husband," Shampoo continued.
 
"Great Grandmother told Shampoo about the fact that cold water activates a curse and hot water cures it. Once this was realized, Great Grandmother took Shampoo to traditional training ground, Jusenkyo, where Shampoo got her curse. Then Shampoo returned to gain husband back. Shampoo was shocked and hurt to find out Ranma feared cats," Shampoo frowned at this idea.
 
But Shampoo brightened the next moment as she spoke, "Ranma is so handsome, strong and skilled. He is also can be kind and caring. Ranma has his faults, but he is a good man over all. Still Shampoo might have been a little too playful in trying to get Ranma," She giggled embarrassedly.
 
"Playful? What do you mean Shampoo?" Katara asked, looking at her companion with care.
 
"Well, Shampoo has used some old Amazon games and charms to date with Ranma, like hypnotic mushrooms and the Reversal Jewel that was our family treasure, but he always makes such a big fuss over them," Shampoo said, looking a bit miffed.
 
Katara blinked at the news. "Could you explain what those two things do?"
 
"Hypnotic Mushrooms makes the victim very suggestible, they will flow your suggestions for about twenty four hours. The Reversal Jewel has two actions, when worn right side up, it enhances love, when worn upside down, it turns love to hate. Shampoo used the latter to seduce Ranma by acting hard to get," Shampoo replied looking back upon those times nostalgically.
 
"Shampoo is always trying to get Ranmas' attention, after all there's a lot of competition with the other girls that were chasing him. Ranma was living with one of them and the other was Ranma's best friend as a child. Shampoo was scared at loosing him, especially when Ranma didn't return Shampoo's affection," Shampoo continued.
 
"Well, trying to kill him might have made him a bit nervous," Katara said, straining to keep her face neutral, “and using magical mushrooms and jewelry might be just a liiiittle too much. Have you ever considered that maybe Ranma doesn't really like your `games' or find them fun?”
 
“Hmm? But those were always Shampoo's favorites back in the village. Shampoo still remembers when she gave Mousse a special flower that gave him hiccups every time he got close to a girl, and the moss that turned his skin purple, and the bark that gave him a rash for a week, and the….”
 
Looking a bit disturbed Katara decided to ask, “Well yeah, I'm sure those were a load of fun for you, but what about the people you try them on? How would you like it if someone gave you one of those things?”
 
Stopping Shampoo began to imagine Ranma using one of her various `toys' against her. The image of him dosing her food with passion spice and then playfully teasing her by nimbly jumping away just out of her reach as she chased him around Nerima only to then turn around and gloomp her in one of her own patented flying tackles brought a bright blush to her cheeks and a dreamy look to her eyes. “Aiiiiiiiyyaaaaa, Shampoo would like that very very much.”
 
`Don't freak out, don't freak out, remember Katara, she's from a different culture, the girls there apparently do things differently there. No need to pass judgment, just keep an open mind.'
 
“Well, playing around with him is not going to make him love you; you should just be honest with Ranma about your feelings, give him some time to get use to the idea. You were trying to kill him for a while; he just might not be ready yet,” Katara said as she tried back to the original conversation. “Plus you can just be nice to him, try to be his friend first before you try to be his wife. That might make your marriage last longer," Katara's thoughts turned to her parents and their relationship with each other. That brought a smile to her face.
 
Shampoo nodded at that, becoming deep in thought she began to wonder if she had been taking the wrong path with Ranma. She felt good discussing things with another woman and getting another point of view, especially since Shampoo didn't think that Katara would be after Ranma herself.
 
"Shampoo wants to thank Katara for her insight and Shampoo hopes she has been a help to Katara with the shopping. Is it alright for Shampoo to go watch the women warriors practice or will Katara still need Shampoo's help?" Shampoo asked her new friend.
 
"I'm alright for now. Just drop these things off on Appa for when we leave Kyoshi," Katara said, passing a couple of bags. Shampoo nodded and walked away to where the flying bison was.
 
Meanwhile...
 
Ranma practiced the moves that he had been learning from Aang. During their last few stops Aang had been teaching him the basics of airbending before the young Avatar when off to play. Much of it was things that he had learned in his world studying Ba Gua, meaning that much of the new martial arts complimented his own style of aerial combat and avoidance of the opponent's blows.
 
'I've come a long way since starting mastering airbending. At least I'm no longer being thrown around by the wind; instead I'm keeping my footing. Aang says that I am on my way to mastering the more difficult moves, like that air scooter of his,' Ranma thought, remembering that move of Aang's. Being able to move around on a ball of air could come in really handy.
 
'Plus once I build my own staff-glider, Aang promised to teach me how to fly using airbending. He said that with careful manipulation of the air currents, I should be able to control my flight,' Ranma has always wanted to fly. It had been one of his secret dreams as he learned to jump high and hang in the air.
 
Ranma sat down and reviewed the other skills that he had developed. He had learnt how to build shields using currents of air to protect him self from projectiles. He knew how to use blast of air to stun and cause blunt force damage, ranging from the softest push to a hard slam of force that could stun a person for a few minutes.
 
Cologne had even shown him and Aang a technique from the Amazon histories that used the mixing of hot and cold ki to create a minor tornado, a potent windstorm that did damage to the foe. Aang had studied the technique's ideas that hot and cold air mix to create potent wind, but he didn't seem to understand the principle of the Soul of Ice that was needed to use the technique.
 
'Let's face it, Aang isn't a person who is given to freezing his emotions. He can hide them, but he's just too warm a personality. But Aang did figure out how to perform something like the Flying Dragon's Ascension Strike using advance airbending that I can't do. I'm having the same problem, trying ta freeze my emotions. I still need practice with that. But she did show me how ta look at creating wind. Mixing warm and cold to cause wind ta blow,' Ranma thought as he tried to find a way to make that move work.
 
Ranma decided that it was time to head back to the village and try to get something for lunch. It looked like that Shampoo, the Ghoul and him self would be here for a while. That should give him time to learn all he could from Aang to improve his own martial arts techniques. 'Plus there is the fact that the Old Lady is planning on training Katara and Aang in martial arts techniques from our world, including ki techniques,' Ranma thought. He wondered what else he could do with his ki other than enhance his speed, strength and endurance.
 
Ranma walked back to the village thinking about this.
 
Back in the village...
 
Kicking a rock out of his way, Sokka approached the dojo of the fan warriors. He knew what was coming up next and it would be the hardest thing that he had done so far. He carefully moved into the building as the girls stopped their lesson and looked at him. From among the crowd he could see Shampoo and Cologne were also in the room, watching him with guarded faces.
 
"Uh... hey, Suki," Sokka said, his voice full of hesitation. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to say next as he moved to swallow his pride.
 
"Hoping for another dance lesson? " Suki said, mocking him by using his own words against him. Blushing at the barb, Sokka knew that he had to be truthful to gain their acceptance.
 
"No... I... let me explain." Sokka said, stumbling over the words.
 
"Spit it out! What do you want? " Suki demanded, sounding like she meant business. From her tone and stance it was clear that she wasn't in the mood for any nonsense.
 
'Given the way I acted before, I wouldn't blame her,' Sokka thought. Kneeling down and doing his best to assume a humble position Sokka replied, "I would be honored if you would teach me."
 
With a smug look of satisfaction on her face it was clear that Suki was enjoying this. "Even if I am a girl? " She mocked, still using his own words against him.
 
His voice taking a quiet quality to it he continued, "I am sorry if I insulted you earlier. I was wrong."
 
Looking upon Sokka, Suki's expression began to soften, as if she could see the truth in Sokka's words, "We normally don't teach outsiders, let alone boys." She lightly teased, testing him.
 
"Please make and exception. I won't let you down." Sokka said, bearing the honesty of his heart to the woman.
 
"Alright, but you will have to follow all of our traditions." Suki said, breaking into a smile.
 
Breaking into a smile Sokka quickly replied, "Of course! " For some reason, when he saw Cologne and Shampoo they seemed to be holding something back, 'What's gotten into them?'
 
"And I mean ALL of them." Suki said, as she and they other girls began to look like Cologne and Shampoo. Sokka could only look on confused.
 
A few minutes later...
 
Sokka stood in the hall, dressed in the robes of the women warriors, and with full war make up on his face. The white caking covered his entire face and extended to his neck and hairline, the elaborate and colorful eye shadow seemed to stretch all the way to his temples, and the crimson lipstick was just wrong! Sokka studied the outfit, if the makeup hadn't been so thick he was sure that his face would have been as red as his lips were now, "Do I really have to wear this? I feel a little... girly."
 
"It is a warrior's uniform, you should be proud," Suki said as Sokka took a second look at it. Suki then continued, "The silk threads symbolize the brave blood that flows through our veins. The gold insignia represents the honor of a warrior's heart." Suki pointed out different features of the green uniform.
 
"Bravery and honor," Sokka said as he began to swell with the pride of the uniform that he was wearing. It seemed a little less girly to him at that moment.
 
It was then that Aang walked by the door, sticking his head in he took a long hard look at Sokka. Giggling for a moment he said, "Hey Sokka, nice dress! " before running off again. His momentary pride in his new outfit being crushed by Aang's words, Sokka's shoulders slumped in defeat and humiliation as Suki looked on amused.
 
It took a while for Sokka to build back enough pride and confidence to walk out of the room wearing the outfit and by that time Cologne and Shampoo had returned to see how he was doing. Heading into the main hall they saw Sokka practicing with the leader of the Kyoshi warriors. The two hero women tribeswomen looked on as Sokka and Suki circled each other with their fans held out.
 
Watching Shampoo whispered to her great grandmother, "It looks like Sokka has learned to respect women as warriors."
 
Cologne nodded and added, "It should help with his future training. If he couldn't accept that a woman might be a better warrior than him, it would make teaching him martial arts a little harder. Now it should be easier to assist in his training to protect this Avatar." Agreeing, Shampoo settled in as the two of them continued to watch.
 
"You're not going to master it in one day; even I'm not that good." Suki said as she tried to take the advantage of the situation.
 
Slightly loosing his balance, Sokka said, "I think that I'm starting to get this," before the fan flew out of his hand, hitting a tree outside. Falling into a snow drift outside the fan was immediately smothered by the snow that had been knocked free from the leaves.
 
Suki turned and walked towards Sokka, "It's not about strength. Our techniques are about using an opponent's own force against them. Loosen up, think about the fan as an extension of your own arm," Suki took on a battle stance as Sokka looked on determined.
 
"Wait for an opening and then..." Suki lunged at Sokka as he parried the blow, knocking Suki off of her feet. Showing surprise and embarrassment on her face she looked up from her spot on the floor.
 
Looking on with his arms crossed in a 'so there' manner Sokka merely hmmed in false humility.
 
Getting to her feet, her face was flustered Suki quickly barked out, "I fell on purpose to make you feel better!"
 
Sokka began to laugh as he pointed his finger at the embarrassed warrior, "I got you. Admit it I got you."
 
Suki began to laugh as well as she grabbed Sokka's outstretched arm and bent it back painfully, "Okay, it was a lucky shot. Let's see if you can do it again." Suki said as she let go of Sokka's arm and assumed her battle position. Quickly dropping into his own stance, they began to circle each other once again.
 
Shampoo raised an eyebrow as she looked at her elder. Cologne just nodded, it looked like Sokka and Suki were fast developing a bond.
 
Out on the ocean waves...
 
Zuko looked across the ocean through the spyglass trying to keep an eye out for the island of Kyoshi, the place that he had learned the Avatar had landed. After weeks of nothing, they had finally found news that he was not far away.
 
'Too bad it interrupted my supper. Uncle has likely eaten it by now,' Zuko thought as he remembered how his uncle had been looking at his dinner when he rushed off to change course. The ship had to move quickly if they wanted to catch the Avatar before anyone else could find him, 'He's my only chance to regain that which I have lost; my home, my honor, and my birthright.' Zuko knew that he had to catch the Avatar alive if he was to reclaim all of it. His mission had been to bring the greatest threat to the Fire Nation before his father. And for that he had recruited a secret weapon to be used against the Avatar. The strange man known as Mousse; a man from another world if one could believe everything that he had told him.
 
There had been some evidence that Mousse might have been from another world. There was his strange martial arts, moves that somehow bent space around him so that he could store many things on his person, 'I have never seen anything like it. It doesn't seem to be part of any of the bending styles that I have seen, but it does have its uses. Its basics are even simple enough that even I've managed to learn a few of his tricks. Enough to hide a few small items, but I'll never figure out how he fit an entire spear up his sleeve, much less 10 others and 20 meters of chain.'
 
'There was also the curse that turned him into a duck. It seemed that the transformation didn't affect his mind or abilities. The duck Mousse became was skilled in his martial arts and was skilled at knife throwing. Such a surprise might come in handy in battle,' Zuko thought thinking of future conflicts.
 
'Then there is that portrait of that girl he's in love with. It's more life like than any painting that I have seen before. It is also made of such strange paper. Why does the girl in that picture have purple hair? No one that I have ever seen has had purple hair.' Zuko thought as he remembered the image on the paper, a realistic image of a cute girl with long flowing purple hair.
 
This had caused Zuko to accept that Mousse might not be of this world, but this idea left him uneasy, 'If there is more than one world in existence, what does that mean to us? Could there be other benders in other worlds? Are there other threats to the Fire Nation, perhaps even other Avatars? If Mousse made it to this world then who else could have made it here as well? And most importantly, could they stop me from finding the Avatar?'
 
Such thoughts gave Zuko pause as he searched for the Avatar. Shaking it off he returned to his task, 'Better to look for the Avatar now and worry about these question after I get him,' Gazing once more through the spyglass Zuko spotted what looked to be an island in the distance. Signaling to the crew the ship began to head in that direction. 'Soon I will be on Kyoshi the Avatar will be mine.'
 
Turning he shouted his orders to prepare the Rhinos for landfall. The troops began to prepare for battle, and Mousse began his own preparations. The battle was beginning.
 
Authors note:
I have been wanting to do an Elemental Ranma fic and this seemed to be the place for it. Many of you have asked if Ranma could bend more than one element. Well, I am trying to keep Ranma from being over powered and keep him from overshadowing Aang. Ranma as a multiple bender would do that.
 
Plus there is really no reason what he should be able to bend more than one element. If it was Naruto (from the anime of the same name), you could say his tenant was a firebender and Naruto was some different kind of bender. However, this doesn't mean that Ranma might not pick up pure chi techniques or variations of airbending that Aang might not have thought of. But remember, Ranma is still learning and needs time to adapt.
 
Some comments from Fanfiction.net...
 
I will not be matching Ranma up with a certain earthbender from season two. I have plans for Ranma relationship that will be developing over the course of season one. When it comes to season two, I might have a crush on Ranma at the most. It's Ranma nature to attract people or repeal them.
 
Shampoo is a Earthbender do to her homeland, the mountainous region of China. This was after I have been given a good arguement for and against Water, Earth and Fire. So I went with location. I am being careful to select benders in a manner that might make sense.
 
Also to note, for those who are interested, this fic is also being posted as a series of episodes on the Anime Addventure. As the episodes there are smaller than chapters here, they are out sooner. For those that can't wait for the next update.
 
I hope you have enjoyed this chapter.