Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Avatar ❯ Chapter Eleven ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the work of Takahashi Rumiko and Nickelodeon. All characters (that I have not created or borrowed from other sources) belong to them . This is a fan fiction, and is not intended to violate the rights of those who hold control over the Ranma 1/2 and Avatar:The Last Airbender series. I have no money for legal problemsand would very much appreciate it if no one tries to sue me. Thank you very much.

Wild Avatar

Chapter Eleven

Sitting in his room, Zuko faced the stranger he had met on his travels, the one named Mousse. The man with the thick glasses and the long white robe was a usual figure as his skills in making things appear out of thin air seemed to border on magic. ‘Those skills are like nothing I have ever seen before in my travels. If I could learn to master those abilities, I might be able to catch the Avatar and regain everything I've lost,’ Zuko thought.

"So Prince Zuko, you want to learn the art of hidden weapons? It is an ancient and powerful martial arts style which requires the selective manipulation of your chi. Using this chi, you can create pockets of space just below the fabric of our reality. Depending on your skills these pockets can range from the tiny to the massive, but it all begins with chi." Mousse instructed as he pointed everything out.

"I will do anything to improve my chances for catching the Avatar, and I already know how use my chi for my bending, it's one of the basics of bending. What I want to know is how you use chi to make these pockets," Zuko asked keeping calm as he tried to hold his temper until he learned the method.

"Creating the pockets themselves is pretty easy, once you know how. What you will need to do first is use training weights. This is a good thing for a couple of reasons. First, it allows you to increase your speed, strength, and endurance. If those attributes increase, so will the chi energy in your body which will improve your bending and the ability to hide weapons. Second, it will allow you to experience the sensation of carrying a massive amount of weight, which will occur if you carry a large number of weapons or other equipment. Both which will came in handy when you are chasing the Avatar," the Amazon continued as he started his lecture.

"Third, it will help with the training of using your weapons or more solid equipment as shielding when someone is physically attacking you. My foe Ranma is so skilled at combat and so thick at other things, he likely doesn't even realize I have been using my weapons to block his blows from causing too much harm. Or it could be the fact he fights with Ryoga, who has gone through the breaking point training exercise. Anyway, back to the lesson." The martial artist moved away from his tangent and went back to topic.

"I will teach you the hidden weapons style of martial arts in exchange for your continued help in bring Shampoo back to me. It shouldn't take long for you to grasp the basics; it should be a couple of days to a week and a half from what my teachers have told me. The rest of the time will be working with weights and with developing your skills in many different types of weapons. One of the greatest accents to this style is the mastery of weapons types and even turning things which don't seem like deadly items into lethal objects," Mousse said as he looked at the prince who has a determined look in his eyes.

"We begin immediately, teach me everything you know," the young prince proclaimed as he stood up for his lesson.

Meanwhile...

Katara was not sure about the training exercise which Cologne was putting her through. It was not just because she was tied up and hanging down from a tree with only her one hand sticking out. Or the fact that she had to hold her index finger out, as if she was pointing to something she couldn't see. Or the fact she had been told to look for the weak point of her training equipment. No, it was the fact Cologne has somehow gotten large blocks of ice and was swinging them at the young bender.

"Tell me again how this is supposed to help me improve my bending abilities? Cause I'm not sure I'm getting it," she asked a little nervous at the whole idea.

"This is based on an ancient technique of my tribe called the breaking point. The only difference is I have replaced the giant boulders with giant blocks of ice, which is my attempt to change it from a more earthbending skill to one more specific to a Waterbender. Or at least this is what I have heard from the tales about waterbenders. They say your kind of bending allows you to control ice, so the thought is obvious," cologne said as she launched the ice block at Katara for the eleventh time in a row. The block just banged into her with a solid slam before bouncing back to the old woman.

Katara thought back to the training they had decided on doing after the rescue of the Earthbenders from the Fire Nation iron rig. Ranma and Aang were training with their airbending skills, with an attempt to master the powerful cyclone technique from Cologne's people. Ranma had also developed some ideas for new moves within the bending style which could be used. Something about them being from things called anime and manga.

Shampoo and Sokka had headed into a nearby town so they could get some more supplies and hear more news. The purple haired girl wanted to learn more about earthbending so she could perfect her own skills in the art, while the young warrior wanted to see if there was any news about the movements of the Fire Nation in the area. Plus while they were leaving, the Amazon was giving him some tips on using his club to the best of his ability. Given the massive maces of the young woman, it would likely be something useful in the future.

This left Katara alone with Cologne when she had asked if there was any training she could do to increase her own power. Again came the block of ice, and Katara was getting pretty angry with this kind of treatment. Yet she was not ready to give up yet, she would teach this frosty stone who was boss. Still she thought to herself, ‘Try to find the weak point on the block of ice. How Am I suppose to do...wait, is this what I'm supposed to be looking for?’

She seemed to see a single point that called out to her as she saw the block head towards her. Swinging herself in the net, moving her finger until it was pointing straight at the point. Focusing all of her energy at the point, she waited for the impact with the frozen water. There was a single contact with the block and then the world shattered in front of her. Closing her eyes she felt cold, hard snow blasting against her.

Regaining her sight after the snow slash, she saw that the stone like ice had vanished with only the rope holding it remaining. Looking around she saw only a few large slivers of ice, some smaller pieces of ice and powdered snow, the light glinting off the translucent material in a bright way.

"You have managed to master the idea of the breaking point it seems, even in its adapted form. Faster than Shampoo or Ryoga have in my world; you really have a talent of determination. I hope you can keep that up while I keep testing you with the remainder of the test stones. That way you can master the move along with the idea," the elder said as she continued with the teaching.

"With this move, if someone tries to trap you in a structure of ice or snow, you will have the ability to destroy the trap and escape unharmed. An advantage no other waterbender is likely to have and something useful when fighting against any rogue waterbender. Besides, being a new version of an old move may mean it will have some other benefits other than the ones gained from the breaking point alone," the old woman told her, which raised Katara's curiosity.

"Benefits in what way, Master Cologne?" asked the Water Tribes girl, waiting with held breath for the answer.

"The breaking point allows you to break any kind of inanimate object, not just ice or rocks. Ice is just something I thought appropriate for the lesson. It also has an added bonus of toughening the skin while leaving it just as soft and lovely as the most beautiful lady. Now the stone technique is likely to give a person a tougher natural armor, the ice method is still going to make your skin hard enough to avoid most weapons not made out of metal or stone. I also have a few theories about other benefits which might occur, but I would like to hold those ideas back till I know for sure," was the explanation given, which brought a smile to the young woman's lips.

"So not only can I cause things to explode, I gain a thicker skin while losing none of the softness. Well, let's get back to training so I can master this technique and move on to the next lesson." Katara waited for the next block to be loaded and concentrated on it looking for the weak point.

Elsewhere, in a Fire Nation held area...

Zhao was keeping his eye on the stranger who had appeared from nowhere, the one named Tatewaki Kuno. The boy was dressed in strange robes when they met, wielding a sword made out of wood with great skill. The commander thought to himself, 'If it wasn't for the lightning ability he showed, I would have thought him to be an airbender with the powers he has demonstrated with his wooden weapon. Using the pressure of the wind to increase the power and reach of his tool is an interesting idea. Yet, it seems he is a firebender.'

'The boy seems to learn well with the right inspiration, the idea of defeating this evil sorcerer seems to have made him willing to begin his training with firebending. He also seems to have a nack with the skill of using lightning when he needs to, especially the blue kind he uses when he speaks about being the "Blue Thunder". He also seems to have incredible regenerative abilities.' The army man thought as he turned to watch the young man continue his moves within the fighting style.

Kuno had been a little reluctant to learn the combat moves, until he learned the royality of the fire nation were among the skilled users of firebending. Learning this Kuno decided it was worthy of his attention, declaring it a gift from his sun goddess. A sun goddess who was the ancestor of the Emperor of his island nation. It was something Zhao was thinking about reporting back to the Fire Lord for the eductaion of the masses.

'The idea the Fire Lord has the permission of the spirits to spread civilization to the four corners of the world might make it easier to create the Empire of Fire. The Empire of Fire has a nice ring to it as well, it might even be able to give me that promotion I have been looking for.' He had to make sure he had someone write this down for the messenger hawk.

Zhao knew this boy could be a useful tool if used in the right way. He would have to mold the boy so he would be a loyal member of the command's homeland. Yet a lightning user would be useful for his mission to track the Avatar before that fool Zuko could find him. The Avatar was the greatest threat to the plans of the Fire Lord, which had to be stopped before the arrival of the comet and the power boost which it would bring. A power boost which would win the war for them.

Meanwhile...

Shampoo was shopping at the market, trying to find the supplies which would last them a while as they headed to the north pole for Aang. She was trying to find a deal with the skill in bargaining which she had gained from her grandmother while running the Cat Cafe. She was busy doing this, yet she was also noticing the looks she was getting from the people around her.

It was similiar to the looks she got at Kyoshi and Omashu, yet these seemed more intense then those stares. Turning the young man who was walking beside her carrying the packages she had bought, "Why is everyone looking at Shampoo like that?"

Sokka took just a few minutes of deep thought and spoke to the amazon, "I think it's your hair and eyes. Until I met you, I hadn't seen anyone with purple hair and red eyes before. I hadn't even met anyone with red hair before until I met Ranma's girl side. I think they must be wondering where you got that kind of colouring."

"Shampoo understand that now. This might cause us trouble in the long run, Shampoo is starting to think Shampoo might have to dye her hair to at least minimize my impact." Said the purple haired woman as she went into the next shop to pick up food.

As she stopped in, an eldery woman behind the counter stopped and looked hard at Shampoo. The woman came around the counter and began to kneel down before the red eyed woman. The woman began to speak, "I am not worthy of this visit, spirit. Please take mercy on this old woman and bring good luck down on this shop. I will give anything for you to bring your charm upon this humble shop, please take what you need! "

The Amazon and the Water Tribesman were surprised at this turn of events. Neither one of them had thought this could happen. A crowd was starting to gather in the store and on the other side of the store. Shampoo was starting to turn red as she became a little embarassed by the attention. She just spoke up, "Shampoo is no spirit, Shampoo just wanted to come in to buy some food for her journey..."

"Of course, Spirit. I will make sure you will have as much food as you can carry for your journey. I merely wish for you to bless my home and shop with good fortune using your powers. Even the weakest blessing you could give this old woman would be a welcomed boon." The old woman said as she got up and started to gather fruit and vegetables for the young woman. Shampoo could see the produce was the freshest and best of all of the products, some of the food looked like it could have cost a pretty penny if sold to her.

Shampoo moved closer to Sokka and whispered to him, "What should Shampoo do about the old woman? Shampoo isn't a spirit and can give her the good luck she is looking for. I don't want to make her upset or cause any troubles for the people of this village."

"I have an idea. Just accept the food and try to give her some of the price of the good. Tell her the coins are a gift for her kindness and she might be alright in the long run." the young warrior said as he held the packages.

Shampoo moved up the old woman who was bagging the food into parcels and spoke while handing out some coins, "Shampoo thank you for your help. Shampoo wishes to repay you for the kindness you have shown Shampoo with giving her the food needed for her journey. Please accept these coins as a gift for you. Please take them as it would please Shampoo greatly. Shampoo also wishes you a good fortune and a full wallet."

"I wouldn't normally accept such mere money for helping a spirit, such as yourself. Yet if it would please you to see me accept these coins, I will take them with a smile. They shall become my good luck coins and be kept as a treasure. Thank you for such a blessing on my house, spirit. I will remember you always." Spoke the old woman as she began to kneel again to the young woman.

Shampoo stepped back and accidently slipped on a small nut, causing her to fall back into a container of water. In went a purple haired girl, out came a pink furred cat with little jewelry in it's hair. All of the villages were shocked at the transformation, yet she could tell looking at them they now believed with all of their hearts she was a spirit. Sokka moved to the water container and picked up Shampoo's belonging, to which she was thankful.

'Now Shampoo just have to get back to some place with some hot water so Shampoo could change back into her human. Shampoo just wishes she could have finished her shopping trip.' she thought to herself, before it began.

"She's a cat spirit, bringing good fortune to the village. That guy following her must be her servant, since he's carrying all of her stuff. We have to give her gifts to bring the good fortune to the village just like she did for Old Woman Luo. Quick, gather all of the materials one would need for a journey and bring it back for her servant to carry. Hurry! " called back one of the villagers as many others ran all the way around the village, before Sokka could annouce this wasn't necessary.

In the crowd at that moment...

A figure was observing the events as they were unfolding the village, as suprised as anyone at the transformation of the spirit woman. The ability of this woman to cause the people of this village to bring out their best mercandise for her well-being had caused him to think.

'If this little kitty has the ability to bring wealth out of such ordinary people, imagine the fortunes it could bring out from the most wealthy and noble of subjects. I can think of a few nobles who would pay good money for a catwoman spirit, either as a lucky charm or even as a consort for their children. Or I can try to sell her to a larger village for all of the wealth they can turn over to me before I leave. Perhap even getting double my weight in gold.' Images of gold pieces danced in his mind as he started his plan on catching the spirit for his own wealth.

'Even if she curses me, the money I can make from her should make any hardship she visits on me that much easier to endure. I just have to seperate her from her servant, likely a guard as well, and sell her to the highest bidder. Likely he is a great fighter who can defeat even the mightest fighter, perhaps even armies or other spirits. No, I am going to have to work on taking her with deception. I'll have to sneak up on her under the cover of darkness.' The figure decided what material he would need to steal away a spirit from a mighty warrior. Then he would have it made for the rest of his life and have everything he wanted.

Author's Comments:

Sorry for the late Christmas present, I was working to get the house together and then distracted by the Shivering Isles. I will likely be distracted for a little while longer, yet hopefully my store of fics will hold or I will write more threads for use on the addventures. Perhaps even one with one of our favourite anime characters becoming Sheogorath?

I was trying to figure out the right way to get this part of the story started, as I will have to have story arcs for the Ranma characters as much as the ones for the Avatar characters. One point which was brought up for me was the fact Shampoo's purple hair and red eyes would have a greater effect on people with a more limited pallet of hair and eye colours. Therefore explaining the spirit aspect of the second half of the story. There is an example of this near the end of season one with a girl blessed by the moon spirit having rare white hair.

Hopefully I might have a story element for the Ranma characters as well as the Avatar characters, since it would have a foil for them just like Aang has Zuko or Azula. Also thinking of the future of the story, including the possiblity of more Ranma characters in the world of Avatar. I have been getting suggestions for Ranma to become an Avatar himself because he would know all of the martial arts. While this is true, I am not sure it would be a good idea for there to be two Avatars in Aang's world. It would be overload on the Fire Nation, which would make the story sterile.

Now if someone wanted to create a fusion of the two shows like Ranma discovering his own skills with bending the four elements using martial art techniques like those on the show, it might work better. Especially if someone could come up with a major villain, somebody more powerful then the Fire Nation in Avatar. Ranma does have access to all of those demons and strange spirits which appear from time to time. If I was to make Ranma an Avatar in this fic, the Fire Nation would have to be replaced by a new major foe like that.

Well recently I have posted a new version of my Ranma 1/2 and Justice League of America crossover in my Ranma crossovers. I am also narrowing the next person to be enticed into Ranma's harem in The Dreamstone. I want to post the next chapter of Phantom Blood to get feedback with my unique take on the bridge before I continue, same with the next part of Spark of Fire. I am stuck in the middle of that fic. I am thinking of moving forward with White Seduction as well, only I am going to have to use the Japanese summaries on Janime for reference. Plus I have the next chapter of this story which will include the training between Ranma and Aang, with some typical Ranma aspects.

Thanks for Reading,

HVulpes