Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Dragonball One-Half ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

6/13/2007
 
Dragonball 1/2
 
Chapter 1: The Beginning
 
Ranma found himself once again in front of Jusenkyo. It has been three months since the day of his failed wedding, and as strange as it sounds, Ranma came here for a bit of training and quiet.
 
Ranma leapt atop an extended pole and began one of the most difficult katas he could remember his father teaching him, and repeated it several times. Each cycle Ranma would add a handicap for himself: Increasing the speed, closing his eyes, only bouncing across two poles and finally balancing on one pole.
 
Ranma released a deep sigh. *What am I going to do now?* he pondered.
 
Memories cycled to the fore. He had bested every major adversary he had. At this point in his life, only three persons had anything to teach him; there was Cologne: but she wanted him to marry her great granddaughter, Happosai: too perverse in his ways, and the last, Prince Herb, of The musk Dynasty, wasn't much of a possibilty.
 
Ranma sratched at the base of his warrior's braid, deep in thought as he watched the Jusenkyo guide run up to him.
 
"Sir, you no shoul..." the guide's words died as he realized to whom he was speaking. Then, with a slight bow, he removed his hat, and clutched it against his chest as he spoke. "Ranma-san, are you alright?" he asked with a great deal of concern in his voice.
 
Ranma gave a resigned sigh and hopped down from his impromptu perch. Gave a respectful bow, Ranma regarded his (Seemingly lifetme) companion. "I'm better than alright, i'm the best." His voice was lackluster.
 
The Jusenkyo guide began to stroke his chin. A thought came to him, perhaps even a way to help his friend. "Maybe being best is not what you want?" he stated, as if it were an absolute fact. Before Ranma could make any protests, the guide was speaking again, albeit frankly. "You seek challenge, but none can." He paused to watch Ranma think it over. At Ranma's nod, he continued; "You ask self, 'What good is being best with none around to challenge you-self with'." The guide's tone was amazingly placid.
 
Ranma stood there, pondering the words spoken so perfectly. everything the Guide had said, Ranma knew was true. Those were his own personal quips, things he'd never willingly tell anyone. Under his breathe he muttered, "I wish I were could be someplace full of great fighters to challenge..."
 
Ranma noticed a faint yellow glowing, emanating from seven of the springs in different locations. He narrowed his eyes and in his peripheral vision saw the guide making his way inside of his house. *Great. What'd i do this time?* he wondered.
 
 
 
In the space of a blink, Ranma discovered he was in the middle of nowhere (This time not the Bayankala Mountain Range).
 
A fierce yell greeted his ears, and he headed towards it, his curiousity piqued. As he came around a small basin, in the middle of a desert, Ranma was greeted by the sight of a fighter focusing his ki energy.
 
The yell only seemed to intensify as the man's aura manifested. White, not tainted by emotion like most of the martial artist he knew (himself included). As he watched with growing interest, Ranma beheld a spectacular event. The tall man's, possibly a monk, considering his bald head and Xaolin style attire, forehead began to split open. Ranma knew he should feel naseous, but every fiber of his being was screaming "This is martial arts!" Ignoring the urge to bolt away, Ranma watched with growing fervor.
 
"A third eye?" he questioned incredulously. Aparently he had spoken rather loudly, as the man's head darted towards Ranma's location. Deciding it was too late to back out now, Ranma came from his hiding place.
 
As Ranma continued to draw near, he realized the man was gasping, completely drained of energy after growing the third eye. Rather than shy away, Ranma was more intrigued. "Hey sir," he called to the huffing man.
 
The man narrowed his two normal eyes, but the third seemed almost unusable, almost like the guy had only used this technique for the first time. Ranma smirked. With a bow, Ranma began speaking. "Hi, I'm Saotome Ranma."
 
 
Tien couldn't believe it! For the last two years he had been training to grow additional body parts, and here and now, he finally did it. He voice a voice coming from behind a large rock, and wante to go to it, but his body felt like he had been through a meat grinder. Twice.
 
A man, probably his own age, with loose flowing black pants and a red shirt with green peg-ties. The most notable characteristics were his similarities to Tao Pai Pai-sensei. *Perhaps, this guy is his son?* he mused.
 
Tien uprighted himself, as best he could with his energy so greatly depleted. He noticed Ranma's arm extended, and excepted the offer of friendship. "I'm Tien Shinhan. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ranma."
 
Ranma gave a true smile and was glad to actually meet a friend, rather than a new rival. "Same to you," Ranma enthused, with a grin reminiscent of his female form.
 
 
 
5 Years Later...
 
 
Tien is launching a devistating assault on Ranma. The only problem is, Tien can't seem to touch Ranma. Actually, that's been his problem since about a year ago.
 
*Ranma's adaptability is AMAZING!* Tien thought admiringly. All these years, Tien never once asked Ranma of his parents, he just assumed Ranma to be Tao's son. The curse was unique, but after Ranma learned to forma barrier with his aura, it hasn't been a hinderence (it wasn't before, at least to Tien ^_^).
 
Tien had long since given up restricting himself to two arms, at the moment, he was using his newly mastered six-arms technique. Ranma continued to slip backwards avaoiding all the punches thrown at him, despite their stone shattering power and extreme speed. Deciding to once again prove his title as being the best, Ranma began slapping away at the hands. Tien had a moment of complete shock at Ranma's casual display of speed.
 
The moment Tien realized he was displaying his shock, it was already too late. A mighty cry of "KACHU TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN," and Tien was assualted by strikes far too fast for his eyes to follow.
 
Ranma smirked, he had never used any of the techniques he had learned in his world. Tien wasn't prepared for the onslaught, and was driven to unconscousness.
 
 
 
Ranma sat, staring into the campfire, reliving his past five years here with his friends Tien and Chaotsu. In the five year span, he had mastered every technique both had known, including the techniques written on the scrolls from their Grand Master, The Crane Hermit. After learning techniques like the Dodonpa Ray and Tri-beam, Ranma realized how much he still had to learn. His speed had increased dramatically, as well as his vertical leaps, he could reach the clouds now, and that excited him to no ends.
 
At the moment, he was most excited over the age decelerating technique Chaotsu had taught him.
 
Ranma rose from his seated postion and headed towards a clearing. It didn't matter that it was the dead of the night, after all, he had spent most of his life out in the wilds. The same holds true for here. Ranma began concentrating. This was the time of day he would practice his higher techniques. As he continued to concentrate, a buldge rose on his forehead, slowly tearing the skin, to reveal a third eye that has appeared on his forehead. With the benefit of his third eye, he was able to see with a focus unimaginable by a two-eyed person.
 
It was no mystery why Tien prefered to use his third all the time. Well, there was also the pain involved with sealing it again. Ranma had performed the opening and sealing of his third eye routinely for the past year (since he learned it a year ago). Now came the more difficult part of his training. Ranma hollered in agony as four additional arms ripped their way free of his body, in locations usually not possible to have arms.
 
As Ranma lay gasping for the energy to continue, the motivation that had carried him through -- perhaps carried is not the right word for it, more like forced him to continue -- played in his mind yet again. ~Ranma! You make your father sad. All these years of training you, and you become a crying little girl?~ Ranma can see the image of his father's head as he shakes it in disgust.
 
Forcing himself up, ignoring the lingering pain, as he had so many times before, Ranma goes into a kata specifically designed for this form. Every one of his arms are as easy to move as just having two. Unlike Tien's technique, Ranma's energy isn't divided amongst the arms, rather the arms increase his strength, and he continually speed trains them.
 
The air was ripped asunder under the speed of Ranma's six-armed Amaguriken technique. *Cologne's gonna freak when she sees this.* Ranma had never felt more proud of himself. The only problem he had yet to solve, was how to get back home. Ranma let out a sigh, wondering if anyone even missed him. Before the wedding fiasco, Ranma was almost certain Akane loved him, but afterwards, she was refused to even speak to him (he wasn't going to complain about her not even hammering him). Ukyo had Konatsu now, even though she still claimed to love Ranma. Shampoo was drop dead gorgeous and five years of solitude had gotten Ranma to notice how much he missed her affection.
 
Ranma had been here for five years, and everyday he had thought about the life he left behind. *All for the sake of The Art* was the dismall thought that crossed his mind. Aloud he stated his father's most poignant phrase, "The life of a True martial artist is fraught with peril..."
 
Tien placed a hand on Ranma's shoulder. "What's bothering you Ranma?" he asked in concern.
 
Ranma had long since sensed his friend's approach, so wasn't surprised at his actions. Ranma slumped his shoulders. "I was just thinking about all I left behind, for the sake of The Arts." Ranma informed, a distance in his voice, as he looked up into the star-streaked sky. Ranma turned to focus his three eyes on Tien, who thanks to his third eye, was easily visible, even on this moonless night. "Have I ever told you about my life before?" he asked with a ghost of a small crossing his lips.
 
Tien and Chaotsu listened to Ranma tell them his life story, from his earliest memories of the ten year training journey all the way through to the day he arrived here. All in all, Ranma's stories took three straight days. *If I ever get back, I'm gonna miss the giant fish and dinoburgers.* he mused, as he continued downing an entire bronto leg (granted, it was only a two-foot leg).
 
 
Three Months Later.
 
 
Ranma awoke groggily. Today is the day Tien and Goku were going to battle for champion of The World's Martial Arts Tournament. That, in and of itself, was building to be a great match-up.
 
While Ranma didn't doubt he could win this tournament (if had the money to enter, that is), the kid, by the name of Goku, was proving to be nearly equal to Ranma in speed and stamina. But, like almost all the fighters he's seen, Goku uses a power-based beat 'em up style. Its actually a pretty simplistic fighting style, based on three hand techniques. There was rock- a fist, Paper- a knife edge, and scissors- a double eyepoke.
 
From what Ranma could find out, Goku came in second place the last time this tournament was held.
 
Deciding it was better to get up and get in a sparring session with Tao Pai Pai, Ranma did just that. Tao was truly the best fighter he had encountered in all of his time on this world. The odd thing was, everyone seemed to believe Ranma was Tao's son. Rather than continue to argue it false, he and Tao decided to call each other family.
 
 
 
Ranma found his 'father' training on the top of a tree stalk. Just yesterday, there was a tall apple tree, and now it was reduced to a tall stalk, all the branches and leaves removed. Ranma laid a hand against the trees bark, gaining Tao's attention.
 
"Hello son. What brings you out here, today?" Tao asked, from atop his perch, never once opening his eyes.
 
Ranma smirked at the display of higher martial arts ability. "You know why I'm here, Father." Ranma accused cynically.
 
Tao broke from his kata, and dropped down to face his son. "Are you ready then? No holding back this time." Tao proposed as he dropped into a fighting stance. Ranma merely smirked and went into his traditional loose stance.
 
It was always a joy to fight Tao. Ranma could go full out and not ever have to worry about hurting the man. That and the man's skills were equal, if not better, than Ranma's own.
 
Tao lead in the dance of flying fists. A quick assault of kicks whipping the air about the two, unleashing a shrill whistle. Ranma knew, fighting Tao was the best excercise he could get since coming to this world. He weaved about, dodging kick after kick, each coming faster than the last. Tao's assault was unrelenting, and he showed no signs of slowing.
 
Ranma couldn't resist taunting, after all, he's been doing it since as long as he could remember. "You're starting to get slow in your old age, Pops." he jibed. The jibe didn't appear to be working as Tao continued as if the taunt was unheard.
 
Ranma continued throwing out jibes about Tao's weak stances and improperly performed strikes. Tao was gradually losing focus, but not stamina, and Stamina is what in any fight.
 
Ranma decided to push for the offense rather than remain defense. Spotting a slim opening, Ranma took it and unleashed a Saotome Style assault (no, not whimpering and begging for his life). Ranma brushed aside Tao's punch and leapt over a follow-up kick, while still in the air, Ranma spun thre-sixty and outside crescent kicked Tao. Tao stumbled back from a combination of the unique attack and Ranma's lightning quick switch between defense and offense.
 
Tao was shocked at the skill Ranma continuosly display on a daily basis. Ever since first meeting and fighting the kid, Tao had been impressed. He considered it an honor to be calld Ranma's father, and was greatly excited when Ranma came up with their arrangement. "Well done, Ranma," Tao praised, as he nimbly dodged the blows of Ranma.
 
Ranma couldn't contain his smirk. *This is better than fighting Ryoga,* Ranma noted, as yet another punch was avaoided. In all of Ranma's days here, he had come to greatly respect his father, Tao, and his martial abilities. Ranma wasn't sure what Tao did to make oney, but he always seemed to have it. With that thought, "Hey Pops, how do you earn money?" he quiried.
 
Tao gave a smirk, one fit for Ranma (which is one of the many reasons people believe them related). "I'm surprised, Ranma. You have never heard of your father before? I have a great reputation." Tao informed, not a lie in the least. Since meeting Ranma nearly five years ago, Tao had resigned as a mercenary, after hearing Ranma's belief of martial artists' code of conduct.
 
The major reason he gave it up, Ranma has a potential equal or greater than the brat who brought down the Red Ribbon Army. Such a person as an ally was much more profitable than two enemies of that caliber. Tao is no fool, merely prideful. To have Ranma as his son meant more to him than a few thousand zeni a job, so he began working as a martial arts trainer like his own trainer. Due to his reputation as a General Tao, the greatest mercenary in the world, he got quite a few people who wanted to learn under him.
 
A man with a giant afro approached the two as they continued their balanced battle. "Uh... Master Tao? Heh heh..." the man called nervously. Never before in his long life of fighting has he ever seen a battle like this. They were delivering blows at forces easily able to cripple a man, but both were grinning like it was a game of pea-knuckle.
 
Ranma noticed the man at the same time as Tao, neither halted their blows until the man had spoken (it wouldn't do to end a sparring session if the man didn't even want either of them). Ranma and Tao exchanged a bow, and Ranmka turned to the recently appraoching man. "I am Saotome Ranma, my father is on vacation right now. What can I do for you?" Ranma offered as kindly as he could. He could see from the man's stance, the guy was a cowardly martial artist.
 
The man kneeled on the ground before Ranma, and began begging, "Please, Ranma, sir! You've got to teach me! I can't become the best martial artist in the worlrd if I don't have the best as my teacher." he stated plainly as he angled his head up a Ranma.
 
Ranma smirked, *Was this how Pops got Happosai to teach him?* Ranma wondered, as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Why would you want me to train you? My father is just as good as me." Ranma stated factually.
 
The man chuckled sheepishly, before speaking again. "If you're as good as your father, and you're only a kid, then you MUST be the 'Best'." he stated without an ounce of doubt in his words.
 
Ranma had to admit, what this man was saying made a lot of sense. Taking a deep breathe Ranma turned to regard his father. "What do you think, Father, should I train him?" Ranma quizzed, suddenly feeling a tad bit nervous, this would be his first real student, and it wasn't as if he didn't have a lot of potential.
 
Tao turned his back towards Ranma and waved a hand as if brushing off a potential problem. "Well, Ranma, the way I see it, you are the Grand Master of your own style. It is not my place to tell you how to manage your school." With that, Tao knelt low and retrieved his Kung Fu robe, and put it on.
 
The man on the ground continued to hold his tongue. Ranma noticed, and was torn between liking it and dis liking it. Before he could give an answer, Tao spoke again. "If you decide to, he must pay you to be trained, Ranma. If you save your money, you can enter the next tournament." It was almost a tease, but Ranma picked up on the fact Tao seemed to be serius about it.
 
The man immediately began rifling through his pockets to retirieve as much money as he could. Which turned out to be quite a lot actually. Ranma grined at the thought of particpating in the tournament in five years time. "I'll train you. But!" he doubley emphasised on the last word. "You must follow my rules to the 'T'." Seeing the man shaking his head vigorously, Ranma realized exactly how he would train the man before him. *The official first student of The anything Goes Saotome School of Martial Arts.* Ranma noted a goofy expression of pride on his face, as he thought of all the training he would give to his student.
 
 
The day after the tournament...
 
 
Ranma thought back to the match between Tien and Goku. Truthfully, Ranma was proud Tien did as well as he did. Chaotsu's performance had been admirable, and for the first time, Ranma was glad he had been forced to go to school. The least surpriseing thing about the day was Tien and Chaotsu's abandonning of their former master, The Crane hermit. In Ranma's opinion, the guy was a serious jerk, and no matter what Tien and Chaotsu did, it was never good enough for the old cronie.
 
As Ranma was walking (travelling the world with his new student: Hercule), a pteradactyl-man landed before them. Ranma, now well used to the odd species and people of this planet, was at a loss for words. None of the dinosaurs he had ever seen had been humanlike. The aura he could feel from the creature set Ranma's nerves on edge. Dropping into a defense stance, Ranma glared at the creature.
 
Seemingly, for the first time, the creature noticed Ranma. "You there, you're pretty strong. Tell me is this a..." he paused to read a clipboard. "Hercule Satan?" he finished, almost unsure about his information.
 
Ranma smirked and relaxed his stance. "Nope. He's Saotome Genma." Ranma informed. Hercule swallowed deeply, realizing this guy meant serious trouble if his master would seek to avoid a confontation. Ranma watched as the creature flew away, into the distance, wondering at his paperwork. Ranma smirked. They were quickly on their way, as if they were never stopped.
 
 
Close to three months later...
 
 
Ranma stood before a man proclaiming himself The Demon King Piccolo. To his left stood Goku, and united they were prepared to take this bastard down.
 
Ranma looked down at his companion. "Hey Goku, I want to go first, if he can knock me down, it's your turn. Deal?" Goku's grunt was all he needed to begin his assault. Ranma walked in a calm manner towards the self appointed ruler of the world. "Piccolo!" He called, drawing the green giants attention.
 
Piccolo looked down at the man before him. A mere infant in comparison to his ownself. Smirking, Piccolo rose from his throne and hovered out of his castle to face the first of the world's fighters. "You must be Goku." After all, no one else had been effective against his minions.
 
Ranma closed his eyes, as an angry vein buldged on the corner of his forehead. He struggled to control his emotions. "I ain't Goku!" he roared and pointed at Goku. "That's Goku. I'm Saotome Ranma, the best martial artist in two worlds." He inform, adopting a defensive stance. With his trademark smirk, he challenged, "I'm also the one that's gonna kick your ass."
 
Ordinarily, Piccolo would ignore such obvious jibes, but the arrogant smirk set his blood bioling. Adopting an offensive stance of his own, he decided to teach this punk a lesson. "Heh," he noised, adopting a smirk of his own. "Maybe I'll use you as my ass wiper." he taunted. *Two can play your game of insults, kid. Now let's see if you have the skills to back up your words.* With that, Piccolo charged forth, unleashing the most brutal strikes he was capable of.
 
To all spectators amazement, Piccolo wasn't able to touch him. The oddest thing, Piccolo was like a raging tempest, while Ranma was like a soft spring, flowing around thin reed.
 
Piccolo's strikes were fast and lethal, his hands were shaped in the knife edge forms and he tried to plunge his fingers to the wrist in Ranma's chest. It was as these strikes were coming, Ranma was trully grateful he had been training so hard recently. *Thanks Pops,* he thought while dodging several more thrusts and a kick. Doing three backhandsprings away from Piccolo, Ranma switched to offense and surged forth.
 
Piccolo was at a loss, never before had he completely dodged before. Not even by that old fossil, who sealed him, so many years ago. This kid was beyond anything he could imagine. Then, Ranma attacked. Piccolo barely pulled himself back in time to prevent his beheading. Backpedaling, Piccolo noted he didn't have enough time to attack, and remain alive.
 
Ranma smirked, now he had the big green man on the ropes, and was only getting warmed up. It wasn't too surprising when one thought about it. Piccolo relied on his brute power to assault his opponent, while Ranma was using an art to dodge and force his opponent in the battle. "Hey, Old Timer, I've met shriveled up humans, three hundred years old that fight better than you. Don't tell me this is all you can do." Ranma taunted. His jibe wasn't entirely false, it was true Cologne and Happosai are great martial artists. There wasn't even a doubt they were far more skilled than Piccolo or even Ranma, himself.
 
Piccolo was really starting to pissed at this arrogant brat. It wasn't bad enough, the whelp had forced him on the defensive, but he began that aggrivating smirk and than said he knew a bunch of humans that surpassed him in skill. That was where the line was crossed. Piccolo focused all his availible energy into his speed, and smirked at Ranma. "Okay, Kid. You've asked for it."
 
Ranma wasn't certain the man planned to do, but he was certain it wouldn't be good if he had the chance to do it. By the time he came to that conclusion, Piccolo was inside his gaurd and swiped him aside, digging a shallow trench for five or so meters. Ranma sat up, and crossed his arms. " Goku, its your turn now." He called out. Ranma was sure he could have beat the big guy, but that unexpected speed burst had caught him off gaurd...
 
Piccolo looked to and fro, from Goku to Ranma. "Are you giving up, Boy?" he asked incredulously.
 
"No!" Ranma cried indignantly. "Goku wants revenge on a friend you killed and I just want to fight you. But... We did have a deal. If you could knock me down, I would let Goku fight you."
 
Piccolo laughed at the absurdity of the matter. "To think a baby like you could beat me with out ever being knocked down,! That's rich!" Piccolo sobered slowly, as he watched Goku do some warm up strecthes. Before he realized what was happenening, Goku was alreadsy upon him, and unleashing a flurry of brutal punches to his gut.
 
Ranma wathed the match with more interest than his fight against Tien. *This should be good. It looks like Goku has trained up a bit.* Ranma noted, as the boy continued to hammer on Piccolo, never stay in one place for longer than a few moments.
 
Goku kicked Piccolo's legs out from under him, before Piccolo could recover, Goku leapt up and kicked his face, sending him crashing against the wall of the king's castle. As the dust settled, Piccolo pulled himself free of the rubble and sneered at the boy. Taking menecing steps towards Goku, Piccolo decided he knew of an interesting way to finish this battle rather than wasting his energy on one battle to be killed in a second.
 
Ranma noticed Piccolo sending glances between himself and Goku. "I want you both to fight me at once." Piccolo boasted. Ranma saw no problem tag teaming, but ganging up wasn't his style. Before he could answer though, Goku shouted emphatically. "No, Piccolo. This is between you and me." Ranma shrugged indifferently, as Piccolo sent a look his way.
 
Realizing he didn't have a prayer of a chance if the two took him on one at a time, Piccolo was desperate to fight them together. *I didn't want to have to use this technique, but I am forced to.* he thought morosely, as he began to charge his aura. Goku dropped into an offensive stance, Ranma raised an eyebrow, and Piccolo split in half. Both forms were gasping, as it had taken a lot of energy to even do that. But, luckily for Piccolo, he had a lot of energy. "Come on, boys. There're two of me now." He called out.
 
Ranma smirked, he knew how much split forms hurt and how much energy it cost the user. Even knowing this, his opponent had alot of energy, Ranma could feel it easily. The amount of danger Piccolo posessed rivaled that of Saffron's. Deciding it would be foolish to fight with any less than his best, Ranma held ready the use of the technique he finally mastered a week ago.
 
Goku charged his energy to full and brought to bear his power bo.
 
The action began on all fronts, almost as if choreographed.
 
Ranma weaved about, nimbly dodging his foes assault, until Piccolo began using actual strategy in his plan, and forcing Ranma on the defensive.
 
Through the excursion, Ranma found the time to taunt."I see you were holding back earlier." he noted.At piccolo's smirk, Ranma had just the right button to press. "I see, even demons have bad memories in their old age." he taunted, making it sound like a keen observation. Piccolo growled and increased his speed, finally connecting a punch into Ranma's shoulder. Piccolo's anger started to subside as his confidence built. Ranma noticed this and knew now was the time to break his concentration. "Are you that proud to land a little tap like that? I've had worse glancing blows from a piglet." Ranma noted.
 
Piccolo lost control over his anger. It was one thing to compare him to a human, and quite an insult to say a PIG was better than him. His assault began losing its form, turning into a berserker style barrage.
 
Ranma smirked, unwittingly adding ire to his oppenents anger. The attacks were coming much more simplistic now, giving Ranma all the opening he need. Going from a calm stream to a raging waterfall, Ranma switched positions in a heartbeat. "KACHU TENSHIN AMAGURIKEN!" Ranma cried, allowing his punches to flow freely. As his downed opponent was losing concousness, Ranma could feel his danger sense screaming, and instinctively jumped into the sky.
 
From the sky, as Ranma hovered, he could see a giant column of yellow energy dissipating. "GOKU!!!" he yelled out. There was no way the little kid could have dodged that kind of attack. The only safe place to be was up in the air. Heck, not he could have made it out alive after that one.
 
A sound, like a helicoptor's propeller, made itself known to Ranma's acute ears. The most notable reason, was because Ranma had yet to see a helicoptor in this world. As he looked, he saw a boy floating, butt-up in the air, held aloft by his twirling tail.
 
That was still an oddity to Ranma. "How the heck did the kid get a tail anyway?" Ranma mused aloud. As he continued to watch the battle, he noticed only one Piccolo had mad it free of the atomicesque attack. And it wasn't his oppenet.
 
Feeling dejected, Ranma sat in the air a distance away, watching til the end of Goku's battle. It sucks that he lost his opponent because he blew himslef up. Or something like that.
 
Ranma couldn't help but cheer on the lick monkey tailed boy, as he continued his war against Piccolo. When Piccolo launched a second atomicesque attack, Ranma ran acros the air to catch the boy, before he fell to the ground below. "Hey Goku," Ranma said, grinning at the boy. Goku grinned a giant grin and nodded. "I don't think its safe to let this guy do that attack any more than absolutely neccissary. So, the next time..." Ranma went into telling Goku a strategy to defeating his foe.
 
Ranma spun in place five times, holding Goku by an arm and increasing in speed, until he finally let him go. Goku was propelled through the air at an incredible speed, gathering his energy, even as he passed his foe. From the two warriors, simultaneous cries rang out.
 
"MOKO" Ranma began, placing thumb to thumb and index to ex, aiming the attack at The Demon King.
 
"KAME" Goku began, cupping his hands at his right waist's side.
 
"TAKA" Ranma. An orb of gold and white energy came into being in front of his hands, directly between the palms, and stretched to three times the size of a baketball.
 
"HAME" Goku. Beam of light emitted from the cracks between Goku's fingers
 
"BISHA!" Ranma cried as the glowing golden orb of his confidence surged forth.
 
"HA!" Goku cried as a blue beam of pure energy errupted from his outstretched hands.
 
Both beam struck Piccolo front and back simultaneously. An explosion tinted the sky a bright white, removing color from everything around the duo. Though Ranma suspected an explosion, he expected three to follow the first, each more violent than the last. Then blackness envolped him, in its loving embrace.
 
 
The end of Chapter 1
 
So how do you like it so far? Personally I find it quite accurate. If you are one of many wondering why I didn't show the martial arts competion, its quite simple really. For the most part, it happened the exact same. The divergencies are General Tao wasn't there to seek his revenge on Goku, instead, it was just another random character. And of course the Piccolo Goku battle. I wanted to elongate Ranma's battle, but seeing as how his oppenent was blown into atoms, it was a bit difficult to do. Goku's battle with Piccolo was mostly the same. Piccolo gets pissed a boy can best him and decides to obliterate the area in order to get rid of the kid. But, since he was divided in two (not the same as a split form, more like when he made his mions), wound up injuring himself, by killing the other Piccolo.
 
Well... NEXT TIME, on Dragonball One-Half!!: Goku and Ranma find out just why there were three explosions, rather than just one really big one.