Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fist Of The North Star Fan Fiction ❯ Shinken Mistress ❯ Shinken Mistress: Prolog ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shinken Mistress: Birth of a Goddess

A Ranma/Fist of the North Star Crossover

By Adyen (senranda@yahoo.ca)

Declaimer: Read my bio.

My mother told me this story every night I asked. I would say, "Mother? What made you who you are today?" And she would reply, "The spirit of the man who would have bested even me, Ranma Saotome." Then I would look out into the European skies and say, "I wish I could have met that man." And she would reply, "Practice the Art, and he shall be with you because our family is blessed by him."

She would tell me her life story so that we would remember what type of family we came from. Each night, I would fall asleep when she got to the part where everyone started calling her version of her fighting style the 'Hokuto Shinken'. Mother kept repeating that to me as I was heir to the style. I still remember the say that she made me to promise only to teach it to those who are worthy, even if it means breaching out of the family.

Now, I will retell the story as I remembered, and seen through a mirror.

It had been nearly two years after the second failed wedding that it happened. Something so impossible that it seemed only to be a dream… a beautiful dream for some, and a horrifying nightmare for many: Saotome Ranma, died at the young age of 19.

It all started when the paths of the Tendos met with a man called Shin. Understand that Shin was just a young adult who was left that the Tendo Daycare and Dojo for training, both him and his father practicing with the near legendary Saotome Ranma, who boasted to have defeated every fighter of his generation, and then some.

While Ranma was still formally engaged to Akane, they never spoke about marring each other, content to stay within the established behavior since their creation of a relationship. Shan Pu would drop by once in a while, having established the Cat's Café as a staging area for Chinese Amazons in Japan. It seemed that the Shan Pu had decided to stay in Japan and start a new branch of Amazons, ones who watched the world and what is happening.

Politics. Even now I hate them so much. However, I digress.

My aunt Nabiki would used to tell me outrageous stories of Ranma, usually for a few favors, though nothing as bad as those she makes others do. Each time I think about how impossible those things were, I would remind myself of how mother said he was even stronger than she was, both in strength and technique.

My mother… At that time, she was just over 20, and had little to no interest in the Art.

Does it surprise you that my mother was more or less a pacifist at that time? Even as you read the chaotic chronicles that were Saotome Ranma's life, you will notice that my mother, Tendo Kasumi, was not one to take on or continue the Art that was passed down in those two families. Look closely during the times of battle, and you'll find that my mother has chosen rather to talk than to fight.

On the side note, she still prefers to do that, especially now since she can crush tanks with her bare fists. When I ask about the differences, she would look at me and say, "I have always been fighting and aware. However, I just traded a peaceful aura for an imposing one."

But this is her story, and the things that came to happen will be retold in her own words and my own witnessing through a magical mirror given to my keeping, though this will not mention how to train in the Shinken, for those who are curious. We do not sell family, and we will not sell secrets of the Art.

In this, shall my mother's story be written, and of the fateful day where the greatest fighter of his generation die, to give birth to the greatest fighter this world has seen.