Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Power of One ❯ Love in the Sound Crashing Night: Ukyou Kounji, Thunder Goddess of the Sky ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Though I wish I did, I don't own the Ronin Warriors in anyway. They are owned. They are owned by Sunrise and Graz Entertainment. They only characters I own are Kasey and the new Warlords. Ukyou is owned by Rumiko Takahashi.)

Kasey: Ohayo minna! Here I am with Chapter Four, and I hope you all enjoy it. In it I'll be bringing in Ukyou Kounji, who most of you might remember from "Ranma 1/2". Some of you might notice that she's also in my Gundam Wing fanfic "The Beginning of a New Era". She happens to be one of my all-time favorite anime characters! Also, if you're expecting a long chapter, gomen, but the next few chapters are going to be shorter then what I've been writing so I can get the new Ronins in as quickly as possible. Now, on with the fic!

The Power of One

By Kasey Sanada

Part Four - Love in the Sound Crashing Night: Ukyou Kounji, Thunder Goddess of the Sky

After all the groups had left, Sage turned to Mia and Cale. "Do you have any ideas on where we can find this Ronin Warrior?"

"Why don't we look at the passage again?" Cale offered. "That should give us a clue on where she's at."

Mia nodded, smiling. "Good idea, Cale." She went over to her laptop and read out the passage. "It says 'love in the sound crashing night.' Maybe the only time we'll be able to find her is at night."

Sage looked out the window. "Well, it's nighttime, so we could probably look for her now. All we have to do is find out what 'sound crashing' means."

None of them spoke for several minutes as they sat thinking. Just then a loud boom was heard from outside. Mia jumped. "What was that?"

"It was just lightning," Sage said calmly, but froze when it hit him. "That's it!"

Cale raised an eyebrow. "What is?"

"In the passage 'sound crashing' is talking about lightning! Lightning at nighttime! That's where we'll find her!"

"Well done, Halo," Cale said, standing up. "We must find her quickly, before someone else does."

"Mia, why don't you stay in here?" Sage told her. "It might be dangerous."

Mia rolled her eyes. "Sage, don't even think about it. I'm coming, whether you like it or not."

Sage sighed. He knew when Mia had her mind set on something, and it was best to let her have her way. "Fine, let's get going."

As they left the house and headed towards the lightning in Mia's jeep, Blade was watched them leave from a tree. "Fools. Do they really think they'll save their friend?" He laughed. "Sorry, big brother, it's really too bad that you're on the wrong side for this battle." He jumped out of the tree and disappeared.

The thunder became louder as the trio drove closer. "Mia, stop," Sage told her. "This is close enough."

"All right, Sage." Mia stopped the car and when they all got out, they didn't expect for the thunder to be so loud, or it to be so windy. "Cale!" she cried out over the wind. "How are we going to find her in the lightning?"

"She's not in the lightning!" Cale yelled back. "She's surrounded in it! She'll probably be in the sky... look, there she is!!" He pointed upwards.

Sage looked up, and like Cale said, there she was, a girl surrounded in a sky-blue bubble. Her eyes were closed and she didn't move even as lightning crashed around her. "Now that we found her, how do we get her down?"

"You don't, because you'll all be dead before you get the chance!" Everyone turned to see a man in a black and silver armor, katana in hand.

Cale narrowed his eyes. "Akira, what do you want now?"

Blade growled. "Don't ever call me that! I was sent here by Master Talpa to stop you, traitor, and believe me, I will have great pleasure in doing it!"

Calling upon his armor, Cale pulled out his sword and without turning to Sage and Mia, said, "Try to free the girl. I'll take care of my brother."

"Right! ARMOR OF HALO, TAO CHI!" Sage transformed into his armor and looked at Mia. "There's nothing you can really do at the moment, and Ryo would kill me if I let you get hurt..."

Mia smiled. "I understand." She quickly went back to the car.

Blade held up his katana at Cale. "Ready to die, brother?"

"Nobody is going to die, Akira," Cale replied as he blocked a blow.

As Cale and Blade battled it out, Sage looked up and stared at the girl above. Closing his eyes, he said to himself, Ancient One, help me find a way to save this girl. Almost instantly he began to glow his trademark green.

Blade saw this happening and growled. "No!" Surprising Cale with a quick attack, he sent his brother to the ground and raised his sword and began his attack. "BLACK..."

Cale's eyes widened. He knew his brother's attack well, and he also knew it would be deadly to Sage. "Sage watch out!!" he cried out.

Sage turned around and froze as black and silver energy surrounded Blade and his sword. "Oh, shit..."

In the sky, the girl's forehead began to glow her kanji 'Ai'. Her eyes snapped open. What's going on?

"THUNDER..." Blade aimed his sword at Sage.

"SAGE!!" Mia cried out from the car. "WATCH OUT!!"

The girl looked down below and saw what was taking place. It's him... She pulled out her Sky Staff from behind her and closing her eyes, felt herself fall towards the ground.

"STRIKE!!" Black and silver energy left Blade's weapon and headed towards Sage. Seconds before reaching Sage, someone fell in front of him and began twirling a long staff in front of them, repelling the attack. Blade narrowed his eyes. "Who dares interfere?"

Sage blinked and realized that it was the girl from the sky. "It's you..."

"I suggest you and your friend back up, this might get messy," the girl said, holding the staff in front of her like a sword. Sage said nothing as he moved Cale back near the car, where Mia met them.

"What happened?" Mia asked as she tended to Cale's wound.

"I don't know, but we're going to find out," Sage muttered as he watched the fight.

"Who are you, and what gave you the right to interfere?" Blade growled as he and the girl circled each other.

"Who I am is none of your business," the girl said, blocking a blow Blade tried to give her. "But I will tell you I am the Ronin Warrior of the Sky, and your enemy."

"My dead enemy in a minute." Blade tried to attack her again, but using her staff, the girl pushed herself into the air and behind him, kicking him in the back. Blade fell forward and moved out of the way before the staff hit his body. Kicking himself upright, Blade glared at the girl. "That was a big mistake."

"You're right. Instead of kicking you I should have just ended your pathetic life, Akira."

Blade growled angrily. "ENOUGH!!" He held his sword in the air and began to glow black and silver. "BLACK THUNDER STRIKE!!" He aimed the sword at the girl and dark energy raced towards her.

Calmly the girl began to twirl her staff in front of her, but instead of repelling it, she cried out, "ELECTRICTY SKY BEAM!!" Thunder ran through her and letting go of the staff, she quickly slammed her hands against it as it continued to spin. Thunder continued to run through her as it went through her hands and into the staff and towards Blade, fighting his attack but finally cutting through it and hitting him dead on.

Blade screamed as pain ran through his body. Oh, did it hurt! "Gomen nasai, Master Talpa!" Blade cried out. He narrowed his eyes at the girl. "This isn't over, girl!!" he yelled before disappearing.

The girl stopped her attack and grabbed her staff before it fell to the ground. "Great, now I have someone out for my head," she muttered as Sage, Cale, and Mia ran over to her. She turned and looked at Cale. "You didn't say he would be that strong, Cale."

Cale sighed. "I can't tell you everything, Ukyou. Some things you have to find out on your own."

The girl now known as Ukyou shrugged, "Whatever," she said before turning to Sage. "I guessing you must be Sage Date."

Sage nodded. "Hai, and you are..."

Ukyou smiled and held out her hand. "Ukyou Kounji. While Blade is your evil counterpart, I'm your good one. Good thing I woke up, or else you'd be toast. That attack would have killed you."

Sage put his hand in Ukyou's. "Arigato, Ukyou-san."

"Don't be so formal, Sage. Ukyou is fine." Ukyou smiled again. "So, what do we do now?"

Still holding Ukyou's hand, Sage replied, "We go back to the house and wait for the others."

"Sounds like a plan." Letting go of Sage's hand, Ukyou headed towards the jeep. "Let's get going."

"You really need to work on your stance, Ukyou," Cale said as they followed her. "You left yourself wide open."

"Listen, jackass, do I tell you how to fight?"

Sage blinked, shocked at Ukyou's blunt statement, before he began laughing. Mia looked at Sage, surprised. "Sage, what's so funny?"

"She called... Cale a... jackass..." Sage wheezed out before laughing harder.

Watching them from afar, a young woman wearing a red/white/black armor smiled softly. "Wisdom and Love have found each other. I just hope the others do in time also."

Kasey: Didn't I tell you this would be a short chapter, minna? And I bet you're all wondering who the mystery woman is. Email me at kasey_sanada@hotmail.com and tell me what you think. See you in Chapter Five! Ja ne!!

Chapter 4 written in May 2002

Chapter 4 revised September 6, 2002