Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos ❯ Guardian Angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ranma/Warhammer 40K Crossover Fanfiction

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma ½, Warhammer 40K or any other characters used. Ranma 1/2 belongs to Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Warhammer 40K belong to Games Workshop. This story is created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from this.

The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos

By Montymouse

' ' - Thoughts

" " - Speech

( ) - Action

Chapter One - Guardian Angel

***

"Thought Begets Heresy; Heresy Begets Retribution"

***

Timeline: Dimension One, Far into the Future

Location: Deep Space - Uncharted Territory

Empty space and stars were the only thing you could see in this vast region of space. Apart from a few space dust clouds and asteroid fields that littered the entire sector, there wasn't much activity happening in this region of space. The importance of this sector had a low priority because there wasn't very much to fight over. Most of the worlds occupying this sector were either too inhospitable or were classified as dead worlds. There were some signs on some worlds that suggested that suggested a once-advanced civilisation and culture long forgotten probably due to interstellar conflict or natural disaster. The only people that actually came to this remote sector were mainly Elder Pirates or Imperial fugitives escaping from the watchful eye of the Imperial forces and the Inquisitors.

In a nearby asteroid field you can just make out a ship that was currently floating through space running on minimal power, which suggest that the ship was trying to avoid detection from its pursuers. The ship was a heavily modified Cobra class destroyer with slight similarities to the colours of the Dark Angels companies before Horus Heresy. Looking at the current state of the destroyer you could see it had taken quite a beating from whatever it had been through lately. The modifications made on the ship were quite unusual but would be extremely valuable to the Adeptus Mechanicus because the modified destroyer had latest in advance detection equipment and thrusters that weren't supposed to exist as the modification as this particular modifications could be traced back before Horus Heresy. This meant that the destroyer could out run any ship that the Imperial fleet had in their roster. Against a capital class ship it would stand no chance, but against smaller ships it could prove to be a dangerous foe.

The lone Cobra class destroyer didn't really have a large crew onboard just enough to run the ship properly. Currently all hands that wasn't doing something important were attending to the damage they had received from the brief skirmish. The crew was trying to keep the ship in one piece as they had suffered heavy damage ranging from total shield failure to major bulkhead damage; additionally, there was particularly a large gash torn across the forward bow. Luckily had managed to lockdown the compartment down in time otherwise most of the crew would have been sucked into the cold vacuum of space.

The pursuers responsible for this damage were from the Dark Angels Chapter, as they wanted a certain someone either dead or alive. Fortunately the destroyer had successfully disengaged from their pursuers and were now floating through the Asteroid field on minimal power while keeping the forward shield batteries on full to avoid further damage as they moved through the field of rocks.

In one of the ship's remaining unbreached compartments stood a tall, hooded robe man as he started to remove both of his master crafted pistols and his modified C'Tan phase sword which he recently "upgraded" from a Callidus Assassin and placed the items on a desk. He then proceeded to unhook the power pack that was connected to him before he pulled back his hood. The man was quite handsome with dark black hair and dark blue eyes with a deep scar across his life cheek attest to his years of battle experience and his eyes reflected his intelligence and intellect.

Physically, the man was in excellent condition, but there seems to be something calculating and emotionless about him, a common characteristic found only in the marines of the Dark Angels. Further evidence could be seen that he was once a former Space Marine was that he beneath his white robe, we can see a hint of a dark green coloured power armour. Strapped to him, behind across his waist was a beautifully crafted powersword sheathed with a golden insignia of a Lion's head in the end of its pommel. It's quite strange that wherever he goes, he always carries it with him but no one has ever seen him uses or unsheathed the blade in battle.

In the past, this man was once been in the service of the almighty Emperor and his Primarch of the Dark Angels, Lion El' Jonson, where he had proudly served them with unquestionable loyalty and commitment during the Great Crusade. Once a former Dark Angel's champion, he held the rank of captain and commanded the hundreds of Emperor's finest before Horus Heresy. Now he was an outcast as his former chapter branded him as one of the Fallen. Cursed to wander through time and space, never able to return home as the former brothers hunted him. Joining him in this lonely wandering were other Fallen Dark Angels who always seem to find him while his pursuers could not.

Pulling out a metal chair, the man sat down as he started to read the battle and intelligence reports.

"That the last time, I'm working with those traitorous back stabbing Alpha Legion!" He slammed his fist down on the metal table it almost broke in two.

He then started to recall the past twenty-four hours in which he had he had narrowly avoided destruction from his former battle brothers...The Dark Angels

He was asked by the Alpha legion Commander, Chaos Lord M'Jarka to help them recover an ancient relic hidden in the Deathworld planet in the Inarze system and in return would reward him richly for his efforts. It should have been a simple search and recovery mission but in this galaxy, nothing was ever simple just plain hard.

What he hadn't known at the time was that it was a cleverly deployed trap as someone had spilt the beans to the Dark Angels chapter, telling them his location. Commander Azrael, Supreme Grand Master of Dark Angels was determined to capture him dead or alive and he had personally taken command of the operation to capture the most wanted of all Fallen Dark Angels...Cypher.

Arriving in the system a few days before Cypher and Alpha legion would have, Azrael had decided to hide behind one of the moons that orbit the Deathworld and waited for them to arrive. Allowing them to land on the planet, Azrael himself led the assault as he dispatched both Deathwing and Ravenwing companies to capture Cypher dead or alive. Azrael gave strict orders to ignore the Chaos Space Marines and capture Cypher and any fallen Angels at all cost.

As soon as the Alpha legion spotted the chapter fleet of the Dark Angels, M'Jarka decided to leave as soon as possible - as soon as they recovered the ancient relic.

*Flashback*

Cypher was the first to recover the ancient relic from an old disused underground bunker. The actual relic was actually made of up of three thin metallic discs which to anyone else would dismiss them as rubbish which anyone else would have dismissed as rubbish - but not Cypher. He instantly recognised the true value of those old discs and knew that in those disks was contained something so valuable that entire civilisations were wiped out as they fought for the possession of these small items.

In these disks were held the ancient STC - standard template construction programs, which contained the blueprint designs for some very advanced weapons and equipment. Packing them away in small metallic cube, he and his loyal Fallen Angels made their way out. Cypher then noticed someone was lurking near the exit, just outside the entrance door. It was the Chaos Lord M'Jarka with his retinue of bodyguards.

"Cypher!" M'Jarka hissed as he pointed to the box under his arm, "Give me the relic now!" He demanded as his bodyguards raised their weapons at him.

"I don't thing so, M'Jarka." Cypher replied, not really concerned about the situation he was facing and silently motioned his men to be on alert.

"Don't be a fool, Cypher! Give me the relic now and we can all leave this wretched planet." said M'Jarka.

"Why should I?" asked Cypher.

"We have detected the Dark Angels rapid strike force on our long range scanners and they will be here in ten minutes. Look around Cypher, you're outnumbered two to one so give me the relic now - or do you want to die!" M'Jarka demanded, raising his ancient Combi-bolter at him.

Seeing that he had no choice, Cypher threw the box to M'Jarka who caught it with his free hand.

"Here...now lets get out of here!" demanded Cypher as time was running out.

M'Jarka just laughed evilly.

"You are far too trusting, Cypher. Do you honestly think I will help you once I have the relic in my hands? Who do you think informed the Dark Angels of this planet?"

So fast was Cypher that no one saw him drew and fired of his pistol. A searing bolt of incandescent fire headed straight towards the Chaos Lord. In desperation, one of M'Jarka bodyguards moved in front of their Lord and took the bolt square in the chest and fell face first in the ground, dead and smoking.

"Ha! You missed...well it's been nice working with you. I do hope we never meet again." M'Jarka said as he and his men started to teleport back to their ship.

"Damn you M'Jarka!" cursed Cypher as he saw the traitorous legion making their escape.

*End of Flashback.

He had barely escaped with his life and more than half of his men perished under the onslaught of those two companies as they were determined to either capture or kill him at any cost. The chaos Space Marines legion provided no support as they made their escape.

That time Cypher had thought that maybe his luck had finally run out, remembering the bloody battle he had with Azrael and the Deathwing Terminators. The glowing power sword was about to be bought down on him by the Azrael, when Cypher suddenly felt a tingling sensation. It got stronger until getting stronger until there was a bright flash as he was teleported away from the battle scene. Cypher did always wonder who or what it was that would spirit him away at the last minute when danger threatened him.

'Why can't my life be simple? When I was with the Dark Angels I had a purpose in life which was to serve the Emperor and my Lord.' Cypher thought.

'Well, at least he didn't get these," Cypher said as pulls out three metallic disks from beneath his robes. "I wonder if he opened the box yet?' Cypher smirked as he anticipated that he would be double-crossed by that Chaos Lord.

'Maybe some sleep would help me collect my thoughts.' Cypher started to crawl to his bed and drifted to sleep (1).

*On the Alpha Legion Chaos cruiser Mayhem*

M'Jarka carefully placed the metallic box on a small stone pillar.

"At last! I have the means to destroy the Imperium!" M'Jarka said as he slid back the metallic lid of box.

Inside the box was a small detonator connected to some sort of device instead of the STC disks he expected them to be. M'Jarka eye widen in fear as he recognise the device that was connected...it was a deadly inactivated VORTEX GRENADE.

"What the...DAMN YOU CYPHER, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!" M'Jarka screamed as the red light on the detonator suddenly changed to green.

***

A few hours later, Cypher suddenly woke up in a large bright white room with some sort of white mist roaming over the ground.

'(Getting up)...Where the hell am I?' He thought as he scanned the room for any immediate threats.

Cypher reached for his bolt pistol but found to his surprise that it was missing along with his other weapons that he carried with him

'So I'm unarmed, that's a new one for me. Never mind, I probably can handle anything that is thrown my way' thought Cypher as he walked around the room.

He noticed something was moving around in the white mist out of the far corner of his eye. Expecting it to be some sort of threat, Cypher quickly turned around and prepared himself for the worse. As the mist slowly dissipated, he could make out two figures in the mist and once the mist had completely dissipated, the sight made his jaw drop. In front of him were two people that he never expected to see. The Emperor himself in the flesh and the person next to him, he immediately recognised and quickly got down to one knee and bowed. The man next to the Emperor was of course Lion El'Jonson, Primarch of the Dark Angels.

There was a moment of silence between the two parties until it was Jonson who broke the silence.

"Cypher, Fallen Dark Angel Champion. You may get up now." Jonson said as he saw the Cypher getting up and his face of astonishment.

"We know that you do not have any sense of purpose in your life Cypher. May we propose to you a plan that may give some sort of direction." The Emperor spoke with authority.

"What is this plan?" asked Cypher, as he was a bit wary as he thought that there was a chance that it could possible be a trap set by the Chaos God to lure him and to drop his guard.

"To protect your Lord and my heir to the throne." replied the Emperor in calm voice

"WHAT?" asked a surprised Cypher.

"Yes Cypher, what we are proposing is that you will become a guardian and protector of my heir. Do you accept?" the Emperor said in a authoritative voice

"Why should I accept? I am one of the Fallen, you know," replied Cypher as he stating the fact that he was no longer part of the Imperial - he was an outcast and a disowned member of the Adeptus Astartes.

"Who do you think has been watching you Cypher? Who was the one that been saving you during the times of great danger all this time? It was the Emperor who had watched over and spared you for this purpose." Jonson added

"You mean that all this time I was under the Emperor's divine protection and I didn't know about it. But...Why?" replied Cypher as he was a bit confused with the situation. Also, he wanted to know he wanted to know what the Emperor wanted to do with him.

"The force of chaos and their chaos Gods had decided to leave this dimension to invade another as they are preparing to invade a weaker universe in order to increase their overall power and influence. They have found that this universe too difficult to control over as new races such as the Necron and Tau are entering into their struggle for dominance of this universe. The Chaos Gods had lost their chance at claiming dominance at Horus Heresy and because they're remaining forces are too scattered and weak to prepare another invasion of Earth. They have found out that there is another Primarch in another dimension and will try to corrupt him just like they did with Horus, if they succeed then all is lost for that universe," replied the Emperor.

"Yes...They will try to corrupt the young Primarch and have sent four Daemon Princes from all four powers of Chaos to either corrupt him or to kill him." Added Jonson as to make Cypher aware of the danger.

"That still haven't answered my question. Why me?"

"Cypher, you were one of my most promising men as you showed intelligence, bravery and leadership in the great crusade and on the battlefield. These are the qualities that we are looking for and you fit the requirements. Also your gene seed and structure does not come from me but from the Emperor's son. Why do you think you cause such animosity and chaos everywhere you go? When you did nothing wrong. Your true loyalties and vows should belong to your own Primarch and the Emperor," replied Jonson.

"But I thought that all the Primarchs were found and accounted for? As I remember Imperial records showed that all the Primarch either died or were missing," inquired Cypher as he couldn't believe what these two were saying and was shocked at finding out that he wasn't a Dark Angel but was part of another unknown chapter.

"Yes, all the Primarchs like myself were accounted for except for one who we thought to be lost. He is the only one that could defend that dimension from the forces of chaos but he will need help in order for him to succeed." Jonson said.

"Will you accept our proposal Cypher?" The Emperor said knowing that he would accept.

Cypher took a minute or so to think about the proposal offered.

'Hmm...A chance to have a purpose in life and to serve my real lord,' thought Cypher as he gave his decision on the matter.

"I accept your proposal on one condition," replied Cypher

"What is it?" questioned Jonson

"For me to have the Emperor forgiveness and a chance to redeem myself for my past actions." Cypher said, as he wanted a clean state and redemption by the Emperor if he was perform his mission.

"Your conditions are accepted and with your acceptance, you will vow that you will protect my heir with your life at all cost." The Emperor simply replied as he waved his hand to indicate that he had forgiven Cypher for his past actions.

In return Cypher swore to protect with his life that he would protect his Lord like he did when he was Dark Angels.

"Make sure that you give my Lion Sword to the new Primarch as this will reawaken and unlock his memories of who he is. He will remember only parts of it until he receives the sword." Jonson said.

Cypher nodded but was a bit surprised that Jonson knew he had kept his sword all this time.

"It is a matter of urgency that you, Cypher must reach our new Primarch before the Daemon Princes do as we do not want a repeat of Horus Heresy."

"Where is this Primarch? How will I get there? How will I know who he is?" questioned Cypher.

"We will be transporting you to the dimension that the Primarch is located. Only you must go; no one else should follow to avoid detection," replied the Emperor as he chanted something that Cypher couldn't understand.

"When should I go?" Cypher asked.

"Now!" was all he heard from those two being as Cypher felt himself falling into unconsciousness on the floor and disappeared.

TBC...

***

Author Note: Cypher is one of my favourite special characters in the Warhammer 40K as the Chaos and Imperial Guard armies can use him both. Every time I go to my local games club and agreed to use Cypher I get chased by every single Dark Angel player in the battlefield and they really get annoyed if they don't capture him. Somehow he not in the new chaos codex for some particular reason, oh well I used the previous versions for reference.

Deathwing and Ravenwing Companies really do hate him that much.

The reason I chose him was because his gene seed could originate from Ranma Saotome, which would make sense of his chaotic aura? As I readied his profile it states that he causes animosity among people which causes chaos to happen during the battle without him having to do anything to start it. As you looked at the other Primarchs they seem to inherit genetic traits and pass it down to their generation of Space Marines such as the Blood Angels and Space Wolves chapters. Ranma does not have a chapter to control yet as he was created as a single individual character.

One thing...All the Daemon Princes of the four Chaos powers and their minions are about to invade the Anime Universe. This means the evil characters in the Anime will serve the Chaos and gain the benefit of better men. This means no pathetic Youma or monsters, as they will get their ass kicked in by the Daemon forces of Chaos. Extremely bad news for Sailor Moon cast and for any other Anime character who fights evil.

(1) Space Marines do not really need any sleep due to their implants that allows them to rest half mind while keep the other part awake. As he isn't in danger or on duty, he is allowed to have some rest.

The Administration will accept all comments and constructive criticism.

The Inquisition will purge all flames with righteous fury.

Please transmit all encoded comments to: pnmonty@hotmail.com

Version 1.0 11/11/02

Version 2.0 20/03/03

Version 3.0 23/06/03