Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos ❯ Mon Keigh ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma/Warhammer 40K/Sailor Moon/Tenchi Muyo Crossover Fanfiction

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma ½, Warhammer 40K, Sailor Moon or Tenchi Muyo. Ranma 1/2 belongs to Lady Rumiko Takahashi. Warhammer 40K belong to Games Workshop. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi. Tenchi Muyo ‘Ry-Ohki’ belongs to Kajishima Masaki. This story was created solely for entertainment purposes and no profits are gained from this.

The Forgotten Primarch of Chaos

By Montymouse

' ' - Thoughts
" " - Speech

Chapter Twenty – Mon Keigh

XXXXX

"I do not believe in a fate that falls on Mon Keigh however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act."
Quote – Eldar Farseer (Unknown)

XXXXX

In the darkest voids of space . . .

The Ulthwé Craftworld resembled an ornate coral like cathedral with the dimension of a major moon, through horizontal, not globular. Embellishing its surface, like gems studding a serrated golden shield were many domes. Only a few of them were alight with a ghostly light.

A graceful and elegant tall warrior cladded in shining black armour with a flowing bone coloured cloak stepped out from the shadows. The warrior was making his way towards the shimmering pale light in the centre of the ancient circular chamber. Floating transparent crystals and runic talismans lined the walls with a pale glow. Everything in the chamber slowly lit up as the slim warrior headed towards the centre appearing to be sliding across the perfectly smooth floor. The warrior paused for a second or so as the energy field around the circle of light was lowered before continuing on into the light.

Titling his head slightly up, he then started to whisper ancient words in his tongue as the crystals around the chamber started to gather around the warrior. He laid down his staff and his long sword.

“Mon – Keigh,” Eldrad Ulthran whispered and took a few crystal rune stones from his pouch and laid it out in a unique formation.

Kneeling down and bowing his helmeted head down allowing himself to connect with the mystic and ancient energy. Intense psychic energy started to swirl the chamber as the warrior began to concentrate on the specific task on hand. He was slightly puzzled but also intrigued at the signs he was sensing through his formidable psyker powers. He raised his head to take one look at the glassy wall. The psi crystals hovering around the warrior started to display individual images of events happening in the universe.

Raising his slender gloved hand to one of the crystals, he gently touched the one he wanted with his index finger to enlarge the image contained.

“As I have predicted, Abaddon, Warmaster of Chaos has begun his thirteen Dark Crusade. The Eye of Terror will once again be torn apart as more of the foul hordes of Chaos spew out to destroy the Imperium. Abaddon will not make the same mistake twice. He will seek to destroy Cadia.” The Eldar warrior spoke as he scanned the wall through his ornate Ghosthelm. His gothic speech flawless and unaccented as ancient energy swirled around him as he manipulated it to his will.

" . . ." The moment the spiritual warrior relaxed his hold on the swirling energy around him, he was aware of something had changed on the mirror like wall. It was just slightly out to the left of his field of vision. The warrior was intrigued by this significant change on that particular section of the wall, which had remained, unchanged since the fall of the Golden Era of the Mon - Keigh.

The formation and runic symbols had changed since the last time he had been here. Since the Golden Age of Mon – Keigh and the Great Crusade, there were only twenty bright vivid runes of various shape and sizes, the clear indication that Mankind had begun to step into the empty void since the fall of the Eldar.

The Eldars were the first to witness the great conflict of the Mon - Keigh, which undoubtedly had changed the balance of power, and most importantly the significant changes in the formations of the twenty icons. The Dark Gods had already positioned their pawns and it was at that moment they had revealed their hands to the Emperor, A terrible time was to come to inflict great misery and pain on the Empire of the Mon – Keigh.

The Dark Gods had placed all the powers and resources into a single strike against Terra and the Emperor. Eleven of the twenty icons had changed their shape and appearance of the once bright and noble stars and assuming the dread form of Chaos that they had feared since the arrival of the Emperor and his mighty forces. All of them had taken the form of an eight-pointed star. The Primarch Horus was the Dark God’s chosen champion. It was he who would lead their daemonic and traitorous legions against the Emperor and his remaining loyal forces.

The Eldars witnessed each of the remaining nine bright stars slowly disappear until there were no more bright stars. Two of the dark star symbols had also disappeared into nothingness. Only nine chaos stars remained. Each one damned the moment they turned away from the Emperor’s light. Yet, the forces of the Emperor and the Imperium had not fallen like the Eldar during the birth of the Dark Prince Slaanesh. They remained defiant against the overwhelming tides of darkness and chaos, perhaps they had underestimate the Mon – Keigh.

The formation of the nine dark chaos stars had remained unchanged for countless centuries until now. The Eldar warrior tilted his Ghosthelm up slightly to make sure he wasn’t mistaking by this change.

“Strange indeed . . . ”

Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé was, for the very first time, concerned at the rune images. Eldrad was an incredibly gifted psyker, able to see far into the future and guide the last of his race through the twisting strands of fate but right now, the stands were showing something that was quite puzzling. He shifted his psyker senses further to the right whilst increasing his mental will in order to investigate further.

The eight-pointed black star would indicate the powerful presence namely the beginning of a dark Crusade, which would coincide with the Chaos invasion led by Abaddon. The second was a set of three white stars linked to each other in a triangular formation with an emerging star appearing the centre. This would normally indicate a sudden change or shift in the future but was unclear at this moment in time. The third and final symbol was something he could no clearly understand. There was some sort of conflict that was preventing itself to reveal the meaning of the symbol.

Lifting his baroque and powerful force staff of Ulthamar, Eldrad rose to his feet and decided to investigate further into this. The heightened awareness and sensitivity of his surrounding told him that this would be worth his time to investigate the significant of his sign. He would need time to think about this without interference or intervention from outside forces and head towards the lower levels of his Craftworld, Ulthran.

He must speak to Warlock Ketshamine about this.

XXXXX

Location: Unknown

A heavy weight fell upon Russ’ heart as he rallied what was left of his brave and courageous Space Wolves Marines to retreat back into the temporary Shadow Gate. The psychic Librarians of the Space Wolves, the Rune Priests, kept the gate open long enough for their Wolf brothers to return to the material universe with the awesome psyker craft.

As Leman Russ stared out for the last time at the burning hellish city and the fleeing of the Dark Eldar, he was filled with a burning hatred at the cowards. Russ was weakened and exhausted when he ripped the blacken hearts out of the Archon of the Dark Eldar and his bodyguards. An exotic venom weapon was inflicted on him and the poison in his blood was slowly spreading through his body. The Wolf Primarch healing powers were slowly neutralizing the vile toxins but it would take many months to actually fully recover.

He knew that his time was short before he had to leave. Primarch Brother’s Jaghatai Khan and Sanguinius were waiting for him and would flush the poison out at a secret location but he wasn’t going to leave his Wolf Brothers in limbo about his disappearance like the other two had already did.

A strong kinsman bond linked every brother in the Space Wolves Legion together. They needed something to hold together that bond. He knew what he had to do. Bitterness and sadness in his heart as he turned to his selected trusted Wolf Guard Space Marines who had volunteered to return back to Fenris and the Fang Citadel to pass his final words.

Listen but closely Brothers, for my life’s breath is all but spent.

There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us.

Then my children, I shall listen for you call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid.

At the end I will be there.

For the final battle . . .

For the Wolftime . . .

“My Lord.” A voice called out to him in the gothic chamber of Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves. The Primarch was sat in front of a large fire as pelts and furs furnished the entire room with tapestries and banners dating back from the Great Crusade. Beside him on the left was a solid weapons rack.

The Primarch awoke slightly started out of his slumber. Instinctually he reached to his right for his huge Frostblade Mjainar set reverently upon a short table beside his massive marble throne like chair. Russ relaxed when he saw it was Zhao, his trusted Wolf Priest and advisor.

“My Lord,” Zhao repeated to make sure he had the attention of his Primarch and made his way towards the Primarch.

Zhao had the greatest respect from the Space Wolves and just his awesome presence in battle would strengthen the morale and courage in the most desperate circumstances. The Wolf Priest had on the black coloured power armour, which was heavily decorated with several icons and penchants. A rather heavy looking Wulfen pelt cloak hung behind him as he stopped within a foot from his Primarch. A Crozius Arcanum hung around his waist along with his heavy duty Plasma Pistol and a couple of other items. His right hand was replaced with a cybernetic bionic hand lost during a battle long forgotten. His death mask was based around a Wulfen wolf skull and had the ability to strike fear into the heart of mortals if he wanted to.

Russ turned his head slightly to his right so that he could see his Wolf Priest standing there. He wondered if Zhao actually sleeps in his armour as no Space Marine or Wolf except for him had actually seen his true identity beneath his death mask. Leman Russ remembers the youthful and determined Zhao when he was a fledging Space Marine Scout.

Now . . . his face was horribly scarred when he happened to witness Zhao struck down by a bio weapon from a Carnifex class Tyranid. Perhaps the Emperor’s hand had saved him because much to his surprise, Zhao rose to his feet and unleashed a hellish Wulfen fury at the doomed Carnifex. The Carnifex was defeated single handed by Zhao, which would have taken a handful of Space Wolves to do.

Leman Russ was about to inquiry for his presence here in his chamber when he felt the momentum shift of the massive warp engines. The Space Wolf Primarch knew the significant of this change and rose to his feet as he cast a glance over to his Wolf Priest for confirmation.

“Have we arrived?” asked Russ.

Zhao shook his head. “Indeed, we have not, My Lord. Lord Khan is expecting you on the Command Bridge. I and our Wulfen brothers are fully awakened and are ready for your command.”

“What about the other legion in stasis?” inquired Russ.

“You mean, the White Scars Chapter . . . or do you mean the Legion in stasis?” Zhao stated.

Russ’ face grew dark, as he knew that the Dark Legion belonged to the forgotten Primarch. His expression was a grim one especially when he had heard of their fearsome reputation.

The Space Marine Legion that Zhao was referring was the Legion of the Damned. It was certainly not a Codex Chapter and these Space Marines were one of the great mysteries of the galaxy. The Legion was extremely powerful and deadly against the forces of Chaos. The unique ability to resist the warp influence and temptation of Chaos meant the legion was immune to the manipulation that the Chaos Gods could throw at them. Backed up by an entire company of Grey Knights, the Legion was a force to be reckon with but it cam with a heavy price. A sinister dark burden was bestowed upon the entire legion during their initial creation. Only the Emperor and their founding Primarch would be able to summon these dark warriors from slumber until that day comes, the legion would remain forever in stasis.

The Emperor of Mankind had initially planned to extract the genetic coding from the full-grown Primarch of the legion and implant them into the each and every one of the warriors created. This would lift the terrible curse and restore the honour and faith of the entire legion. Unfortunately neither the Emperor nor his loyal Primarchs were unable to locate him, which resulted in the increasing degeneration in of these zealous warriors. Many of them were placed into stasis to prevent them turning into insane raging monster similar to the curse of the Wulfen. Those who were able to resist or slow down the legion’s curse were still loyal to the Emperor and would sometime intervene when the Imperium was in danger.

Still . . . Leman Russ trusted this legion more than the Dark Angels Chapter.

“Lord Jaghatai is expecting you, my Lord.” Zhao said to remind his Wolf Lord.

Russ nodded with a grim expression at what laid ahead for him and his Wolf Brothers.

XXXXX

Location: Deep within the Eye of Terror . . .

Tzeentch yearned to unleash destructive tidal waves of change throughout the universe, which he was preparing to unhinge continuity itself. He could be in real space of the Imperium and the warp at the same time, pulling puppet strings in both universes doing the work of the Change. His influence over the third universe was extremely fragile due to the combined efforts of the dark horse and the Angel.

Five Tarots cards were placed face down in front of the Chaos God and slowly moved the palm of his hand over each. It wasn’t until his hand reached the fourth card that something happened . . .

The Tarot card of Tzeentch was twitching, animated by the ever-scheming Architect of Fate. Perhaps something else was needed, why fight with sheer force and strength when there was alternative possibility of achieving the desired effect. The Tarot card flipped over to reveal . . .

A flamed haired one-eyed Prince blessed by daemonic energies and potency.

“Interesting . . . the King of the Planet of Sorcerers,” a voice of a thousand souls boomed through the warp region.

XXXXX

Location: Nerima

‘Why have the Chaos Space Marines withdrawn? The logic of Chaos may not necessarily be the logic of mortals but still . . . there must be a reason,’ thought Sanguinius.

The Blood Angels Primarch was troubled by the sudden withdrawal of both the Worldeaters and Thousand Sons legions but what stuck the winged Primarch the most was that the withdrawal happened just before destruction of the Chaos Gate. This to him, in his centuries of experience in dealing with the enemies of Mankind meant that they had planned this eventuality.

“Is there something wrong?”

Sanguinius was bough out from his trail of thoughts by a voice next to him and glance slightly down at the shorter person walking next to him then again, compared to most mortals. He was walking giant especially the large broad white wings on his back.

“Nothing of your concern, Brother Ranma,” Sanguinius answered.

“Oh . . . well, what are you going to do now?” Ranma asked as cast a downward glance at the ground. A sense of sadness swept through him when he felt a heavy burden on his heart at the terrible scenes of destruction.

They were all heading towards the redeployment zone where the Blood Angels Space Marines were preparing to leave for higher orbit. Directly ahead of them were groups of Techmarines and odd looking white robed Priests who were carefully handling the tactical Dreadnought and Vehicles used in the conflict whilst making sure that those that were damaged or destroyed were taken aboard the Thunderhawk Gunships for repairs and scrap metal.

“Nothing for now, Ranma, there is much to do,” Sanguinius replied and looked up to see familiar looking Space Marines walking towards them. The blood red armour was extremely dented and damaged. Sanguinius was relieved that he was fine whilst Ranma was wondering how he was still able to stand up on two feet considering the punishment he had taken. The marking on his shoulder pad and helmet indicated his rank and position amongst his fellow brothers.

“Brother Garus, submit your armour and weapons for inspection to the Master of the Forge.” The Captain nodded at his Primarch advice and slowly removed his golden helmet to reveal his features. Silver streaked his dark hair indicative of his growing age.

“Lord Sanguinius, Lord Ranma,” Garus acknowledged the two Primarch with a formal salute.

“Report, Captain Garus, what is our current situation?” Sanguinius inquired and cast a glance towards Ranma.

“The Japanese Government will be expecting a reason why this happened and perhaps the rest of the world. The technology deployed here will be of great interest to them.” Sanguinius explained when he saw a slightly confused look on his face.

“Oh . . . err . . . right, “ Ranma replied quietly.

“As you wish, my lord.” Garus nodded at Sanguinius’s order and quickly handed to him a status data slate, revealing the Chapter’s current strength and numbers plus the official kill count plus achievements.

“Redeployment is at eighty seven percent. We need another solar hour.” Garus added. “Shall we send out search parties to route any more traitors?” Garus suggested as reports of small insurgencies in the commercial areas have been reported.

Sanguinius briefly read the report and shook his head. “That won’t be necessary, Captain. I am aware of your concerns you may have but the remaining Chaos forces are not a direct threat now. Sources report that a large contingent of Japanese SDF is heading towards this area within a few hours. According to our communication interceptions, countries around the world are sending in Peacekeepers troops within the next thirty-six hours.” Sanguinius stated quite clearly to Captain Garus. The sensory scans from the battle barge have picked up specific communications links on Earth, which was quickly relayed, to him by telepathic duct.

Ranma wondered how Sanguinius knew so much about their situation and was about to protest about leaving the people of Nerima but the Blood Angels Primarch silence him with a dangerous look.

“Gather our remaining forces. We’re leaving within the next solar hour. That is all.” Sanguinius ordered and handed back the data slate.

“It shall be done, My Lord.” Garus said and immediately began to relay his orders to his own units where they would spread to the other sergeants.

The mighty Blood Angel Primarch cast out a final glance at the devastated landscape before continuing on to join the rest of his loyal men towards the stationed Thunderhawks. Techmarines were slowly navigated the ancient and venerable Dreadnoughts securely within the holding areas of the Thunderhawks. The bodies of the fallen were carried with them, accompanied by a white robed armoured Sanguinary Priest. Sanguinius was determined not to leave a single fallen Angel on this planet where they would receive full battle honours for their actions this day. The Sanguinary Priest had already begun the process of removing the vital gene seed to be returned to the Chapter.

Sanguinius whispered a few words to the fallen before moving on. He then felt Ranma was standing behind him with his arms crossed.

“So you and your men are just going to leave?” Ranma said in a stern tone of voice that people who knew him would not usually associate with him. The people here have been through a lot and you just going to pack up and go?”

Sanguinius stopped. “The people of this district are safe . . . building and homes can be rebuilt, give it time and this unfortunate event would be just a forgotten memory.”

“Is that your excuse? You know that the SDF are too weak to handle another situation like this, what if another Chaos Gate turns up, what then? Are you just going to leave us?”

Sanguinius made not attempt to turn around to face the young and rather stubborn Primarch. A small sigh escaped his lips as he decided to give him answered his questions.

“Ranma, you must understand. We intervene because of that!” He said and pointed to the broken bodies of Chaos Space Marines. “Anything else doesn’t matter. The Blood Angels are liable to take the blame for this. We did all that we can for the people. Be thankful that we didn’t resort to more unethical methods of cleansing.” Sanguinius said the last few words of his sentence in a sinister tone of voice.

Ranma slightly flinched at the coldness of his last sentence.

‘What did he really mean about unethical methods?’ thought Ranma and was slightly concern about him as he really didn’t know what his true motives were or what his purpose was.

He was fairly sure that he was a ‘good’ side for now but there was something about the Blood Angels Primarch that was really unsettling. He couldn’t really place a finger on it. It kinda reminded him of Cypher when he was first met him, despite his outward appearance and good intentions, there was a hidden darkness in everyone most easily seen in their eyes.

“Ranma . . . a word of advice, be careful of who you trust including me . . . ” Sanguinius walked off leaving the pigtailed Primarch to ponder what he just said.

It took a moment to realise that Ranma was by himself, and that the Blood Angel Primarch was walked quite a distance between them. Ranma immediately quickened his pace to catch up with the Primarch and took a few seconds before he as beside him.

“You haven’t answered my question?” Ranma demanded. “You came here and now you’re leaving. The whole place is in a mess, look around, not even me and Ryoga put together can do this much destruction.”

“Oh all right, maybe we could but that’s not the point!” Ranma said slightly angrily. “You can’t leave and . . . “

Sanguinius gave Ranma a questioning looked.

“All right, Ranma. If you so concern about the welfare of these simple people, I will honour your request but on one condition.” Sanguinius stopped and turned to face Ranma fully.

“And the condition is?”

Sanguinius shook his head. “Before I explain, let me give you a question which I want you to answer as truthfully and honestly to the best of your ability.”

“Go ahead.”

“Are the ones you care the most are safe and secure? You said before that you protect those who you care about with your life. Haven’t you done so already?” Sanguinius asked.

“ . . . “ Ranma thought for a moment before giving his answer. “Yes, I have but . . . I’m concern with my childhood friend, Ukyo Kounji. You see, her restaurant was destroyed when I first arrived here and I’m worried about her.”

“This Ukyo, is she special to you?”

Ranma nodded slightly to Sanguinius question.

“I see . . . then is she you’re fiancée, perhaps your wife?”

“What? No!” Ranma protested immediately. Sanguinius had a slight inquisitive look to his outburst.

“So what is your relationship with her then?” He asked in a calm tone. ‘This is an interesting development,’ thought Sanguinius.

Ranma calmed down realising what he just did. “Sorry, Ukyo is kinda one of fiancée . . . just a special friend that’s all, nothing more, nothing less.” Ranma looked up at Sanguinius with a slight accusing look.

“So there is more than one fiancée engaged to you?”

Ranma looked down at the ground. “Blame on Genma, its all his fault, I didn’t ask for them.” He said and looked up at Sanguinius. “I have tried to sort things out . . . but things have a habit of being messed up.”

Sanguinius nodded. “I understand . . .”

“What’s with the inquisition?” Ranma asked.

“Nothing . . . I’m sure Ukyo is safe, there is a civilian camp just south from here, perhaps she there.” Sanguinius said to ease Ranma’s troubled mind.

“A small scout party is out, looking for any civilians who had gotten lost in the fighting.” Sanguinius lied, he knew that something had happened to her and it wasn’t good. The reason for doing so was for Ranma’s state of mind. He really needed to concentrate what lay ahead of him.

“I suppose so,” Ranma replied.

“Then you have achieved what you had intended to do, that’s what is important, nothing else, you may be an Emperor’s chosen one but you are still only one person.” Sanguinius replied and left Ranma standing still to think what he had said.

“You cannot protect everyone,” Sanguinius stood still and glanced over his shoulder towards Ranma. Sighing a little, the winged Primarch knew what to Ranma was about say. “Sergeant Damson and his men will remain until the Japanese reinforcements come. Until then, walk with me, Brother Ranma.”

Sanguinius waited for Ranma to catch up with him but before then he sighed.

“That boy has a lot to learn. Fortunately we do have a little time for what is in store for us.”

Even thought he had only met the pigtailed martial artist a few times, he was beginning to trust the young Primarch. His combat skills were above average but his dormant psychic powers had yet to fully appear. He had only just scratched the surface of what he was truly capable of becoming. His ability to connect with his psyker blade was impressive but he needed to master his inner strength. From what he had heard from witness accounts, the fight against Angron, Daemon Primarch of the Worldeaters was just a one off or perhaps it wasn’t. Angron had seriously underestimated the young Primarch’s ability to resist the taint of war and bloodshed that Angron was radiating naturally, in order to appeal to Ranma’s dark nature but failed.

Angron was a beast of war, not magic, but against other Primarchs who had superior powers in the warp, Ranma was definitely going to lose hands down, no matter how talented he was.

“Sanguinius, what was the condition you were asking about?” Ranma asked.

The Blood Angels Primarch simply looked up at the cloudy sky for a moment before looking down at Ranma. “I’ll tell you later, you have my word that we shall until necessary. Does this satisfy your answer?” Ranma nodded.

The two Primarch walked down the street in silence, both unsure about each other. Sanguinius slightly felt uncomfortable around him; there was something that was awfully familiarly. Ranma was unsure what Sanguinius‘s motives was, why was he here? What was benefits did he intend to gain? And where was Cypher?

Sanguinius decided to break the silence between them. Perhaps he could gain an insight into Ranma’s personality and history.

“So, Brother Ranma, tell me about you?”

Sanguinius was slightly confused when Ranma sighed deeply followed with an outburst of laughter. Some of the Blood Angels Space Marines stared at him for moment before going to back to what they were doing.

“Is something wrong? Have I said anything to amuse you?” Sanguinius asked.

Ranma slowly began to calm down, “You have no idea.”

Sanguinius gave another questioning glance at Ranma.

“You want the short or the long or the longest version?” Ranma joked.

The winged Primarch raised an interesting eyebrow. “That bad?”

The pigtailed Primarch nodded in casual way. His hands were in his pockets as they walked past the Sailor Senshi in stasis.

“You know, that’s what Cypher said awhile ago. Yep, that bad.”

‘Hmm . . . where is Cypher anyway?’ Ranma thought,

XXXXX

Location: Juuban, Cherry Hill Temple

Usagi Tsukino, Ami Mizuno, Rei Hino, Makoto Kino and Minako Aino were all gathered at their usual meeting place at the Temple. There was a large teapot of herbal tea streaming and a large plate of chocolate biscuits on the table. Rei slowly poured a mug for everyone. Makoto and Minako were all nursing their injuries sustained during the fighting against the foul demons, fortunately none of the Senshi had contracted the plague venom that the demons used in their rusted blades. Ami was busy analyzing the venom used and the creatures they had fought and comparing them with the data archives stored on the Mercury computer. So far, her searches revealed very little.

Compared to the Youma type creatures they had fought these demon creatures lacked the overall strength and capabilities individually with the exception of the large and more powerful general type demons such as the Nurgle Daemon Prince that the Princess and Ranma Saotome had fought together. She also observed that these lesser creatures were dangerous in packs, using strength in numbers to destroy their foes and during the fighting found that the unknown energies detected by the computer grew as they found in numbers. The only conclusion she could come up was that if given time and in numbers, they could unleash a devastating attack that could easily rival any of the Youma they had fought.

Ami looked around the room and saw that everyone looked haggard and weary from their fighting against the hordes of Nurgle; it was one of their toughest fights they had been in. On the far side of the room, the Princess a.k.a. Usagi Tsukino was busy talking to a tabby cat. At first everyone had mistaken taken for as Luna. The two seemed to be talking awfully a lot since they arrived at the Temple. The cat named Felix had expressed that he talked to the Princess in private; everyone agreed on one condition that the two would remain in plain sight of the other Senshi just a precaution. It wasn’t because they were paranoid or something, but after everything they been through, they weren’t taken any chance. The cat might be a Youma or daemon in disguise.

Artemis and Luna weren’t so happy of allowing this cat talking to the Princess, who knows what he been saying to her and would have interfered if it wasn’t for the Princess expression wishes not to be disturbed. Artemis was glaring at the black and grey cat like he hated his guts whilst Luna was in one of those moods, trying awfully hard to think where he came from and if his story was true or not that he was a loyal vassal to Queen Serenity.

Ami sighted and resumed her work on the Mercury computer.

“Ouch!” Minako cried out as she reached for her herbal cup. She tried to move her injured left arm she sustained when she tried block an object against her and failed to fully brace for the impact.

Makoto looked at her friend and sighed. “You know, Minako, your Senshi’s abilities protects you from almost everything but it does have its limits. You really shouldn’t have tried to stop that park bench going at that speed.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know, but what else could I have done. It was going to hit those bystanders and I didn’t have time to use my magical attacks.” Minako replied.

“That’s true, it seems that you have to rest for awhile to get that arm healed up, so . . . “

“I know, I have to be put as backup, okay.” Minako said and took a small sip of her tea. “You don’t suppose you know what they are talking about?”

Makoto looked where she was pointed and shrugged. “Don’t know, probably something about our past or something?”

Minako nodded and stared at her cup. Makoto felt a little depressed and leaned forward, her fingers laced before her around the mug. She then thought of something to cheer them up and one thing to guarantee to cheer her blonde friend up . . . boys.

“Haven’t you noticed that the dark haired guy wasn’t with Ranma Saotome?”

“You mean that hunk in those robes?” Minako answered excitedly. “A guy like that must work out or train if he could move so fast under those heavy looking robes. Now, that you mentioned it, he wasn’t there . . . I wonder if he is available?”

“Yeah, me too.” Makoto replied eagerly, some sort of star in her eyes.

Rei snorted at those two and had a fairly good guess at what they were talking about.

“Oh, Makoto. You aren’t talking about boys again, are you? We just barely managed to survive fending off those creatures and now you’re talking like nothing out of the ordinary just happened. Honestly, what does go through your minds sometimes?” Rei asked suspiciously.

“Yeah!” Minako and Makoto chorused at the same back.

Rei sighed and rubbed the palm of her hand on her forehead. ‘Idiots.’

“Makoto, for the last time, he DOES NOT resembled your old boyfriend in your past or current life.” Rei snapped at the two, feeling a little tense after all that fighting.

Makoto looked a little hurt at Rei’s outburst but it quickly changed as a thought suddenly appeared. Makoto then exchanged a few glances with Minako to confirm that she was thinking the same. A sly grin appeared on their faces as they both looked at raven dark haired girl who was about to take a sip of her tea.

“YOU LIKE HIM TOO!” Minako and Makoto exclaimed before bursting into laughter. Rei almost dropped her cup upon hearing those two outbursts and quickly spun around to face them.

Rei’s reaction changed from anger to embarrassment to anger once more. “I DO NOT!” She exclaimed and would have sounded convincing if it wasn’t for the slight red hue on her face. Makoto and Minako were smiling brightly at her despite the accusing glare from Rei.

“Yes you do!”

“Rei’s all embarrassed and showing it!” Minako said and pointed the blush on her face.

“No, I don’t! I have not fallen for that dark haired enigmatic, fit, kinda sexy . . .” Rei immediately shut up causing Minako and Makoto to laugh even further.

Ami looked at the trio and smiled. ‘At least they are in good moods,’ she thought before returning back to her research. Before she did, she glanced over to where the Princess and the guest were sitting. They had been talking for quite a bit now which usually meant that something bad was going to happen. Ami was slightly concerned about the serious expression on Usagi’s face as normally she was have a bubbly outlook and morale boosting talks with them by now.

“So, that’s about it for now, err . . . Princess, weren’t you actually listening to me?” Felix inquired as he notices the Princess was looking over towards the arguing trio with keen interest, having a fairly good guess what they were talking about.

‘Better them than me,’ Usagi thought as Rei started trying to give the laughing duo a good chewing out but failing miserably.

Felix coughed to gain her attention but to no use. He even thought of coughing a fur ball and throwing it at her but wisely decided not too. A mischievous smile ran across his feline face.

“So . . . Princess, I think Ranma has a crush on you?” Felix whispered quietly.

“WHAT!”

“Nothing . . .” Felix replied, surprised that she actually heard him. “Have you understood what I just said to you?”

“Yeah, kinda a lot of information to taken in right now. I’m not convinced if I can trust you, you must understand. Luna and Artemis don’t remember you and the others are wary of you.”

Felix could understand Usagi’s doubts over his explanation and politely nodded. “I had expected this, all that I can say is, be careful who you trust and believe. Some things aren’t what they are supposed to be. I don't care what you want to believe? I am not your enemy nor are the strangers who helped you in repelling the hordes.”

“I have to go, time is short. I wish you good health and luck.” Felix said leaving Usagi confused by his last statement.

“Wait!” Usagi exclaimed but it was too late, Felix had already disappeared. Pausing for a few moments, Usagi stood up and walked to her friends, trying to say it without complicating things. Then again, things were already complicated.

“Err . . . guys, there‘s something I have to tell you.”

Felix strode across the temple ground with a faint smirk on his face. He reckoned that the girls would half believe him and he had expected them to do so. Looking up at the darkening sky, there was a faint glow on his forehead as he stared up in the sky.

“It’s done. It’s out of our hands now. Are you sure this is the best way?”

Felix sat down and stared up at the dark sky and nodded slightly. “Hmm . . . very well.”

The black and grey cat smiled and knew what was just going to happen.

Suddenly Artemis and Luna leapt in front of Felix with demanding glares.

“You know what’s going to happen, don’t you?” Luna demanded with a harsh look.

“Everything was going fine before you showed up! We had everything set and now you went and ruined it.” Artemis added.

Felix‘s expression changed suddenly to a darker mood. Warp claws appeared on his paws as he glared at Artemis. Luna was taken back by the change and wondered what he did to provoke him into reacting that way.

“Artemis, you are still an idiot,” Felix hissed. “You of all people should understand that the path we tread is never a straight line.”

“What do you mean by that?” Luna asked.

“Yeah, the Princess and her Senshi haven’t lost so far, this will be just like the other battles we have fought.” Artemis glared.

“I do not doubt the abilities of the Princess and her Senshi group. No, I do not believe that the Princess will be an easy target to kill and would try her best but it isn’t enough.”

“What do you mean, not enough? What can be so bad that we cannot defeat it?” Artemis asked.

“I cannot say for now, there are ancient writing and hints within the vast vaults of Lunar and Mercurial libraries but nothing solid. It is of a time before the ascendancy of the Serenity blood line and little is known for sure.”

“ . . . “ Luna and Artemis stared at Felix, trying to comprehend what he had just said.

“Don’t worry. Your memories are kinda like Swiss cheese, try reading the data files on the Mercury computer to learn more.” Felix suggested.

“Yeah, if we can pry it off Ami’s fingers,” muttered Artemis.

“She never going to give us access without her there,” whispered Luna.

Felix decided that it was time to leave.

“Wait, can we defeat this evil you talk about?” Luna asked.

“Do you want the truth?” Felix asked quietly.

“Yes!” Luna and Artemis said simultaneously.

‘No,’ Felix said softly and sighed. “I doubt we can.”

XXXXX

Location: Gates of Time

Setsuna Meiou, a.k.a. Sailor Pluto and Guardian of the Time Gate rubbed her eyes and leaned back in her chair as she felt the onset of a splitting headache. In her hands was the imperial scroll, which was supposed to be from Queen Serenity, which fell from Ranma’s cloak.

With the quick glance at the massive structure that held the Time Gate, Setsuna knew that it would take a while before she could actually rely on the Gate for information into the future. The manipulation was more extensive than she had originally expected. The Sorcerer Chaos Space Marine, Ahriman definitely knew what he was doing, which led to one question, how could he possibly know how to manipulate the Time Gate? Until now, only Queen Serenity from the Silver Millennium had entered the chamber.

She had managed to remove the chaotic rune symbol from the Time Gate, however the damage had been done and currently all the images were just showing random pictures and stuff, none of it made any sense or logic.

“Heh, I haven’t got much choice now, haven’t I?” Setsuna rolled up the Imperial Scroll and leaned back against her chair, trying to think on what to do.

Rubbing her forehead, Setsuna knew that the best course of action would be to actually talk to the airhead Princess. The rest of Inner Senshi really didn’t have to know. She also wondered where Sailor Uranus and Neptune had gone too; those two had supposed to be back by now.

“First the Crystal future is shot to pieces, then the onset of a full scale daemonic invasion and now to top it all off. Now, this arrangement from Queen Serenity.” Setsuna ranted and slowly rose to her feet. She was feeling a little better apart from the migraine.

“What have I ever done to deserve this?” moaned Setsuna and teleported out.

XXXXX

Location: Civilian Evacuation Camp

Most the residents and civilians evacuated from Nerima were located here; it was the best places where medical supplies and basic human needs could be easily distributed. The injured and critical were immediately addressed as doctors and nurses rushed about in the medical section. Most of the patients from Nerima Hospital were moved here in fear of attacks from the rampaging hordes.

Surrounding the entire civilian camp was three divisions of Japanese self-defence forces. The Japanese government reluctantly agreed to accept humanitarian aid and troops from the United Nation moved in to reinforce the beleaguered defenders. The reason for the delay was the unknown but some politicians and critics speculate that the government wanted to retrieve technology employed after realising that most of their weapons were found to be highly ineffective against the giant power armoured warriors.

Japanese infantry divisions were up against towering giant warriors and nightmarish creatures. No wonder the casualty rates were as high as the Chaos forces showed no mercy. There were also unconfirmed reports and eyewitness accounts from the camp that the large groups of innocent people were rounded up in chains and were led through the Warp Gate.

All four Blood Angels Space Marine Battle Companies were issued with the order to leave as soon as the immediate Chaos threat was neutralised. Friendly fire was a VERY common mistake between the Adeptus Astartes and the Japanese self-defence forces. It was mainly due to fear of these giant warriors roaming through the district and the failure to tell between those from the Blood Angel Chapter and those from the Worldeaters legion. Captain Garus issued the order to use restraint from firing on the Japanese forces even if they were already under fire. Seasoned Blood Angel Veterans from the first, second and third battle companies were already in the process of redeployment whilst the fourth company remained on Earth under the wishes of Ranma Saotome to do what they could to provide support and aid to the human forces. There was an uneasy feeling amongst the warriors of the fourth company as they tried to resolve the misunderstanding; all they could be in the soldier’s eyes was fear.

Meanwhile in another part of the camp . . .

Cypher Kazeno watched, expressionless, as doctors worked on a wounded man, lifting bloody swabs and clamps from the ragged stump where his leg had once been. Cypher has seen enough combat trauma wounds to know that the man in pain and agony would not die. Not from that wound anyway. He was now unconscious, pumped full of sedatives and pain suppressants. His limbs were held immobile by the bed's restraints as the surgeons worked to clamp the spurting artery. The outer white hooded robe he wore was torn and stained with the blood of his enemies as he made his way out of the medical area and into the civilian camp. There, inside the camp, many frightened and anxious civilians and residents were waiting anxiously for the sign to return back to their homes, if they were still standing anyway.

Cypher was thankfully that he still resembled an ordinary human rather than the Blood Angels giants. He was able to gain access into the camp because he was still registered as a student in Furinkan High and was confirmed by the department of Education officials. As he walked between the makeshift beds, Cypher knew for sure that the recent chain of events would probably change the lives of these people forever. Beneath his clothing was his trusty full charged pistol, carefully concealed.

The dark haired young man walked amongst the beds, looking for someone. One of Ranma's school friends, Hiroshi was lying on a bed unconscious; his chest swathed in bandages. Two of his ribs had been broken when he was there at the wrong place at the wrong time when a fragmentation grenade exploded. One of the splintered shrapnel punctured his left lung. Actually Hiroshi was lucky to be alive, too bad that he couldn't really say the same for the others who were caught in the murderous blast. Daisuke, one of Ranma's other school friend sat beside him, quietly describing the day's events he had missed. Daisuke seemed to be all right and seemed to be putting up a strong face, Cypher could tell Daisuke was hurting emotionally.

Two beds down to right was a young brown haired girl that a murderous Khorne Berserker tried to kill in cold blood and would have succeeded if it wasn't for Cypher timely intervention and nailing him with two quick plasma rounds. Despite the vast quantities of blood on her yellow sundress, she had come through her experience relatively unscathed. The doctor had just treated her for her concussion, but other than that she was unharmed. Cypher looked down at the sleeping child and at the moment, realise who she was. She was a schoolteacher at Furinkan High and was the one that tried to sap Ranma's strength with a yen coin, Hinako Ninomiya. Noticing that she was shivering a little, Cypher reached for a blanket from an empty bed and gently placed over the young girl.

Once Hinako was comfortable and warm, Cypher slowly turned to leave and head to the next area when a brown haired girl stood in front of him. A warm blanket was wrapped around her tightly as she smiled faintly at him. Her hair was in a mess and so was her school uniform.

"Hello, Cypher," she said, taking a step towards him.

Now, Cypher was always a good judge of character especially during his darker days, he could tell if someone was either honest or would stab him in the back the moment they had the chance. You cannot be too careful who to put your trust in especially when the Dark Angels Ravenwing and Deathwing hot on your heels. He didn’t really care about the rumours or gossip that the locals would say about someone. The actually truth would have been distorted about a thousand times before it reached his ears. He believed that to actually know the person was to meet them face to face and then make his judgement. As Cypher looked directly into her eyes, there was something about her that was a bit off or wasn’t there before. Perhaps it was the traumatic experience that Nabiki had to endure that was the source he thought as she smiled at her softly, her expression was a slightly relax and calmed rather than the inquisitive and sharp stance she usually took.

“Ah, Nabiki Tendo, it’s good to see you are well,” Cypher said in a low tone of voice.

“What are you doing here? You aren’t hurt are you?” Nabiki inquired, noting the bloodstained bandage around his hand. His clothing was in a complete mess and so was his hair.

Cypher shook his head. “I’m just visiting, and to see what I can do to help.”

‘She seems all right, perhaps she is stronger than I had expected,’ Cypher mentally noted, as the ordeal she went through would cause severe psychological damage.

Nabiki was curious. “Really, you really look like the one that needs help,” she said tugging at his outer robe.

“It’s nothing,” Cypher replied and sat on an empty bed opposite her. “So . . . Nabiki, where is your father and two sisters? Have you found them yet?”

Nabiki bowed her head slightly looking at her shoes. “Father, alright, still crying his eyes out, Akane outside trying to find a way out of this place and blaming Ranma for causing all of this. Kasumi hasn’t returned yet.”

“Ah, I see,” Cypher wondered what was up with Akane, and what justification she could produce to say it was Ranma fault. “What do you mean Kasumi hasn’t returned yet, isn’t she suppose to be here?”

Nabiki looked up towards dark haired young man. “Well, you see, she forgot something back home that was personal to her and that she promised she would be right back here as soon as she can.”

“And how long has she been missing?”

“Six hours, I’m scared that something awful has happened to her,” Nabiki admitted on the verge of crying.

“Err . . . Nabiki?”

“Cypher, can you find her for me?” Nabiki pleaded, a slightly tearful, which made him slightly uncomfortable, “I’ll give you anything if you can find her.”

Cypher didn’t really know how to actually respond to this request. Nabiki started to blush a little after realising what she actually said and how she said it.

“Think of this as a business deal, you find my sister in exchange for anything you want?” she said playing it calm and collected.

Cypher reached something underneath his robe and pulled out a small photograph.

“This is what I want.” He said and gave the picture to her.

Nabiki blinked at the picture in her hands. It was a picture of Ranchan in a rather revealing pose. There was smug grin on her face.

“Cypher, I didn’t know you were like that, you’re even worse than Kuno. Of course I’ll be happy to supply you with the necessary . . . “

Nabiki was stopped in mid sentence as Cypher raised his hand against her. He then shook his head, a slightly annoyed expression on his face.

“That’s not why I want them.”

Nabiki tilted her head slightly, a bemused expression on her face.

“So why do you want these pictures?”

“I want you to stop taking these pictures of Ranma in both form and to stop distributing them around for money.” Cypher said sternly, a hardened expression on his face.

Nabiki narrowed her eyes at him, “Oh, really now, and how am I suppose to support my family, Do you know how much food, Mr. Saotome and Ranma consume in a day? Without a regular source of income, we’ll be on the streets within a few weeks or so.”

Cypher shrugged. “That’s not my problem, it’s your choice, and those are my terms for finding your sister safe and well.”

“Perhaps I should ask Ranma then, he probably do it for free, he‘s done it countless times with my young sister.” Nabiki replied smugly, confidant that she had won.

‘She’s right, Ranma would do it especially for Kasumi but I have to sort this issue out before they come,’ thought Cypher, he had to play this one out carefully.

“You see, Nabiki, you are wrong. I don’t really think Ranma would do this anymore without a good reason. The way you lot treated him over the years, especially your younger sister Akane, has changed his mind.”

“That’s where you are wrong; his honour is bound to the agreement to marry one of us. He is very unlikely to break this agreement so no matter how you cut it, he is destined to my younger sister.” Nabiki said, some of the people around her nodded in agreement. “So, there.”

“So . . . Nabiki, this agreement made by your father and Genma Saotome is meant to unite the family by blood? In order to unite the Tendo and Saotome Anything goes as one.”

“Err . . . yeah, you kinda stating the obvious, aren’t you?”

Cypher indicated Nabiki to lean closer. “Closer,” He said and whispered something in her ear. Nabiki’s eyes widened and leaned back, slightly taken back by what he said.

“That can’t be true,” Nabiki whispered.
“It’s true. Here, everything you need to know is contained in this.” Cypher handled a small disk containing the necessary files.

“You mean that Ranma isn’t Genma’s son.”

Cypher nodded. “Haven’t you figured it out?”

Nabiki sighed, realising that he had the upper hand.

“Do we have a deal?”

“Looks like I got no choice, without the Saotome – Tendo agreement to keep Ranma here. I better make the most of it. All right, Cypher, you win. You find my sister and I keep my end of the bargain.”

Cypher rose up from the bed but then sat down again.

“What is it now?” Nabiki asked.

“Well, Ranma really wouldn’t forgive me if I left the Tendo family on the street.”

“So what are you suggesting?”

“Here.” Nabiki instantly recognised it was account card from the Bank of Japan.

“This card is linked to a three million dollar account which you can use to support your family. I have more than enough in my other accounts. I don’t really care how you use it; just keep to your end of the bargain.”

“Three million dollars?” Nabiki stammered, as she couldn’t believe how much he had given her.

Cypher simply acknowledges her with a slight nod. He knew that it was time to leave.

“But how?” She inquired as she placed him higher up in her books. Cypher was beginning to get more interesting in her eyes.

She noted the slight sign of annoyance on his face as he stood up and turned his back against her.

“Oh, come on, you got to tell me!”

He only took a few steps before looking over his shoulder and nodded.

“Have you heard of the new anti gravity engines being developed by the leading company, Nergal heavy industries.”

Cypher nodded. “Nergal Heavy Industry recently claimed their new engines are far superior and more fuel efficient than anything else in the whole world. So what do they got to do with you?”

“Who do you think sold them the blueprints designs and copyrights?”

Nabiki just stared at Cypher in shock and admiration.

Selling some the prototype designs from the Standard Construction Templates was both beneficial to both parties concerned. Firstly, it helped the Japanese government develop better weapons and technology without raising any suspicion from other nations. Also it didn’t hurt to profit gained from Nergal Heavy Industry. There were plenty more designs he could offer to the company but had to be careful not to give too many advanced weapons in case they fall into the wrong hands.

“So, Cypher, care to be business partners?” she said in a seductive tone, reciting what he said that he had more than enough money in his other accounts. Giving her ten million dollars just like that, Nabiki was interested than curious in him.

Suddenly there was a sound of nightmarish scream of pain and agony that seemed to be coming from the medical area.

“What was that?” Nabiki exclaimed.

“Trouble,” Cypher replied and moved his hand over his plasma pistol around his waist. “Nabiki, get out of here.”

“Why?“ Nabiki said, crossing her arm across her chest.

“Because I said so,” Cypher replied a sterner tone of voice.

“What if I don’t do what you asked me to do?”

Cypher glared at her. He then changed his strategy, seeing that the short hair girl wouldn’t back down. “Oh right then, promise me you get out of here and we talk later. It’s for your own good.”

“Oh, all right, I promise,” Nabiki said cutely.

Cypher sighed and accepted her word, and turned to investigate what was happening.

Nabiki pocketed the account card and uncrossed her fingers. There was a smug look on her face, as she analysis her situation. Absolute mayhem and chaos was happening at the exits as panic stricken civilians tried to push their way out whilst soldiers attempted to get in.

Cypher rushed over towards the medical area as people ran out of the place in various levels of terror and fear. From what he could hear of the screams of terror and the gunfire, there was someone or something that was tearing up the place in the medical ward. Sensing a human presence behind him, he looked over his shoulder and sighed deeply.

Nabiki was right behind him with an innocent smile.

“What did I just say to you?” Cypher said to her. He was slightly annoyed but also concerned about her, as there was no way he could guarantee her safety if things went bad.

“I feel better if I am with you.” Nabiki replied with a smug look. “Besides everyone is running around like headless chickens and you’re the only one with the cool head. I‘m taking my chances with you, no point arguing, okay.”

“You know, I could actually force you leave?” Cypher warned, revealing his modified looking plasma pistol in his hand.

“I know, but you wouldn’t do that, would you?”

Cypher stared at her for a moment, wondering if it combat trauma had affected her common senses.

“I can’t guarantee your safety.”

“Like I said before, I’m taking my chances with you.”

Nabiki looked up and could see Japanese soldiers rushing into the medical ward as civilians tried to get out of here. Gunfire and angry shouts were heard followed by screams and cries of agony. Cypher checked his limited inventory that was spread on the ground as they hid behind a large bed that had been upturned on its side, ignoring the beds and objects thrown about randomly.

‘Hmm . . . a bolt and plasma pistols with two bolt clips each, three Frag grenades, a C’Tan energy sword, what wouldn’t I give for a vortex or distortion grenade. Heh, can’t be that bad?’ thought Cypher and decide to look to see what he was getting him into.

“Cypher, what hell is going on?” Nabiki asked again and eyed the bolt pistol on the ground.

Seeing what it was that was tearing up the place. Cypher ducked and hid behind the bed, showing his annoyance by rubbing his forehead with his hand.

“Well?” Nabiki said which was starting to get Cypher slightly irritated.

Cypher needed to be fully focused on the task on hand. In his mind, he was trying to formulate a plan on how to tackle this beast without endangering anymore people. Looking down at his inventory, he picked up a slender bladed sword with an ornate tracery pattern etched along the length of the blade.

“You really want to know?” Cypher whispered as he looked over his shoulder.

Nabiki nodded, wondering what Cypher was going to do next.

“A Chaos God has sent a dark spirit creature from the depths of hell in the name of slaughter and bloodshed to hunt us all down. The creature we are facing will not stop until we kill it or they kill us.”

“ . . . “ Nabiki was speechless at hearing Cypher’s answer.

She didn’t have time to regain her composure as Cypher thumbed a rune on the pommel of his C’Tan sword. Nabiki jumped slightly as the ornate looking sword leapt to life, amber fire wreathing the blade in spiralling coils of energy.

“What are you going to do with that?”

Cypher grinned and raised held his pistol in the other hand.

“Sending it back home,” he assured Nabiki.

XXXXX

Location: Somewhere on the outskirts of Nerima . . .

Thick clouds of smokes could be seen in the distance. For now, calm had been restored as JSDF reinforcements entered the district of Nerima to restore order and calm. The force of the Blood Angels Company stayed at the heart of the conflict performing cleansing sweeps to make sure that the taints of chaos were removed and to root any traitorous warriors from the distinct. Further in the distance, Blood Angels Thunderhawk Gunships and Transport carriers lifted off, and their destination higher orbit.

“Great Grandma . . . “ A young purple haired Chinese girl asked a shorter white haired woman. She was dressed in a short cut Amazon dress beneath her breastplate, bracers and bracelet. There was a large rucksack on her back plus a large heavy looking mace like weapon. A mixture of shock and awe was on her face. She was finding it hard to take in what she was seeing. Not even Ranma and Ryoga put together could cause this much destruction.

“Yes, my child, I know?” The white haired Amazon Eldar replied quietly, she was silently blessing that they weren’t around when this happened. She had received word from Elder council to return back to Joketsuzoku about matters regarding their sworn enemies. What was interesting was that the Elders insisted that she take her great grand daughter, Shampoo and the idiot Mousse.

A quick glance up at her great grand daughter told her that the conditions set by the Amazon Elders that if she fails to return with her husband ‘Ranma Saotome’ back the village, the penalties would be very severe.

“What happened?” asked Shampoo and placed her rucksack on the ground.

“I do not know, I suspect son in law had something to do with this,” Cologne replied and was about to say something else when her acute hearing picked up something in the distance. This caused Cologne to immediately look up in the cloudy sky.

“Great Grandma, Ranma involved?” Shampoo asked but was quickly gestured to be silent.

Shampoo obeyed without question and stood behind the Amazon Eldar. Cologne was concentrating on focusing on something in the distance over Nerima. She immediately took out a piece of paper and studied the image drawn in and then looked up at the object she was seeing.

“Yes, we are indeed lucky that we weren’t here when this happened, very lucky,” whispered Cologne. Her eyes widened slightly when her extraordinary sense discovered something very powerful in the district. She was having a hard time classifying or identifying what it belonged to until a faint memory from her youth popped up.

“So, he is here,” Cologne knew whom the aura signature belonged to.

Meanwhile Shampoo’s curiosity was getting the better of her and looked over Cologne’s shoulder to see what was on the paper. All that she could see was a very rough sketch of a red flying ship, pure white winged warrior and a group of winged warriors which the words, ‘Phoenix’ written underneath it. The rest of the words didn’t really make much sense to her.

“Shampoo, this does not concern you,” Cologne replied a sharp tone.

“Yes, Great Grandma,” Shampoo said in a quiet tone and bowed whilst taking a few steps back. Cologne put away the paper and turned to face her great grand daughter.

“Shampoo, first we must find son in law, and then we shall take him back to the village where he will be formally being wed to you. We must not waste any more time. It’s time to claim what is yours by right.”

“Yes, Great Grandma,” Shampoo replied with a saddened expression. “But, Great Grandma, shouldn’t we . . .

“But what?” Cologne cast a very stern looked at her.

Shampoo wasn’t convinced this was the best thing to do. Ranma was indeed a prized catch but getting him to submit to Amazon customs and culture was the hard part.

“Where is Mousse?” Shampoo wondered. She didn’t have to wait long to find out as . . .

“Shampoo . . . CRASH!”

Cologne and Shampoo immediately looked to their right to see a white robed thick glasses young man hugging a lamppost tightly.

Shampoo shook her head in dismay.

‘What an idiot!” thought Cologne and silently moved behind the short sighted young man and . . .

SMACK!

Mousse collapsed like a bag of potatoes as the Amazon Eldar poured cold water over him. Shampoo then walked over towards Mousse and picked up unconscious duck. She turned towards Cologne, who was staring out in the distance in deep thought. She then thought of Ranma and then the conditions set by Amazon council if she failed this time.

“Shampoo, we’re going to find son in law,” said Cologne. The Amazon Elder had a look of determination on her face; she and her great grand daughter would not fail.

XXXXX

Location: Civilian Evacuation Camp outside the Nerima outskirts.

Nabiki Tendo stared at the scorched human wreckage lying on the ground, a great smoking hole where the human’s chest used to be. Cypher checked the ammo gauge on the side of his plasma pistol before laying eyes upon the poor, tormented soul for a moment. Cypher aimed the pistol at the human’s face calmly. The twisted daemon that had possessed the poor human growled menacingly at the dark haired man but could do anything else as his limbs were either blown off or shattered in pieces.

Nabiki rushed up towards him and placed a hand on his arm. The bolt pistol was held in her other hand, as she looked at his face, trying to determine what he was thinking right now before turning her head to stare at the twisted human.

“What are you going to do now?” Nabiki asked.

“There is nothing we can do, except for . . . ” Cypher trailed off and waited for the plasma cell to reach its maximum charge.

“Except for?” Nabiki had an uneasy feeling of what he was going to especially when his aimed his pistol directly at the once human creature’s head.

“Granting him the Emperor’s mercy, it is for the best.” Cypher whispered and pulled back the trigger. Nabiki turned away as the incandescent fireball slammed into human’s body. There was a high pitched screech the burning corpse cried that Nabiki would never forget as the scream chilled her very soul.

“It’s over,” Cypher whispered before stumping to one knee in exhaustion as the possessed human was gifted with daemonic speed and agility. If it wasn’t for Nabiki’s random shooting with her bolt pistol, he wouldn’t have a chance of crippling the possessed human.

Cypher felt a soft hand on his shoulder and glanced up.

“Cypher, get out now!” shouted Nabiki which was a slightly confusing, he did take out the daemon so why was she getting rid of him thought Cypher as rose to his feet.

“Why? I didn’t do anything wrong?” Cypher inquired and tucked away his plasma pistol.

“Because of them!” Nabiki quickly replied and pointed. “And I don’t think they see it your way!”

At the far entrance of the camp, were six heavily armed soldiers out to investigate what just happened here. Seeing Cypher holding a dangerously looking pistol in his hand, didn't help him at all. Plus with two Japanese soldiers dead and everyone were hiding in fear. It really didn’t take much for them to come up with their own conclusion.

“You are probably right,” Cypher replied and quickly turned towards the entrance on the other side.

Even if he managed to explain up what had happened here, how would he explain carry such a powerful weapon past security? Also there was a chance that his detailed background and history would draw in more attention considering there was no record of his existence apart from his fake profile he created. To be honest, he really didn’t want to deal with it right now.

“Don’t worry. I’ll explain what happened here.” Nabiki said softly.

“Why are doing this?”

“Because I like you, even if you don’t,” Nabiki smiled cutely.

Cypher didn’t have time to think about she meant by that statement as he could see the soldiers in the corner of his eye.

‘You are one scary girl’ he thought.

“Whatever you do, destroy the body as soon as you can.” Cypher quickly said.

Nabiki looked at the burnt body with disgust, “Err . . . why? It’s dead isn’t it?”

“Trust me,” Cypher hastily replied and immediately ran, taking Nabiki advice.

The Japanese soldiers were closing the distance and fortunately for Cypher, they decide not to use their weapons until they were actually out of the civilian camp for safety reasons. Cypher leapt over the makeshift beds but wasn’t having much luck because of the lack of manoeuvrability, when . . .

Suddenly the first soldier tripped over something causing the others to fall over too, hitting the ground hard. Giving Cypher the time to get some distance between himself and his pursuers. One of the soldiers looked up and groaned as he picked himself up. He looked towards to the shorthaired girl with suspicion.

“Oops, silly me, I shouldn’t really leave that there, should I?” Nabiki said innocently.

The soldier was about to inquire about it when he heard the other soldiers shouting that he was getting away.

Nabiki slowly reached for the wooden Kendo weapon and placed it across her lap. The soldiers grumbled at their bad luck before rushing after the hooded stranger. They really didn’t have time to inquire what just happened or if she did that deliberately or not, as their suspect managed to reach the other entrance of the camp.

Cypher looked over his shoulder.

Nabiki winked at Cypher as he disappeared around the corner.

XXXXX

Location: Nerima

Meanwhile, somewhere far from the civilian camp, in the Blood Angel deployment zone, Lord Sanguinius and Ranma Saotome, two of the Emperor's chosen, surveyed the destruction caused during the heavy skirmish. Although they had managed to evacuate as many civilians from the district in the short time they had, Ranma still felt that he could have done more to help them. Ranma simply turned away in disgust at the carnage, feeling a slight knot in his stomach as body bags were lined up as far as the eye could see. Sanguinius was silent; he had already seen this scene many times over, life and death. It was all the same to him, as long as the cause was justified. All around them as they walked down the street were burnt out buildings and debris that littered the streets and alleyways.

Blood Angels Space Marines were stationed at every corner of every street. The battle hardened fourth company remained vigilant and watchful for any traitorous forces or thieves who could take advantage of the situation. Lord Sanguinius acknowledged each one they passed with a slightly nod. Ranma felt that the whole place had changed; it was beginning to feel more like a ghost town.

As the two Primarchs passed round the corner, Ranma stopped and stared at the building directly ahead. A faint smile appeared on Ranma's face followed by a slight chuckle.

“I can't believe it,” said Ranma. “It's still there.”

“What is still there?” Sanguinius asked inquisitively. All he could see was a large plain looking building, which had relatively remained undamaged. He couldn't really say much for the buildings down the street, which were completely bombed out or totalled.

Ranma looked up at the taller Primarch and grinned.

“It's the school that I attended,” replied Ranma.

Sanguinius noticed the sign next to the heavy metal gates. “Furinkan High.”

“Yep, can't believe its still standing.”

“Ranma, what is the purpose of this school?” Sanguinius asked. He couldn't help but notice there were no training grounds, zero gravity field generators, firing range fields or anything that would aid in providing people the basics skills unless it was a place to pray.

“Huh?” Ranma said. He was a bit surprised at his question. “Didn't you attend a school or something like that when you were growing up?”

Sanguinius shook his head. “Everything I have learnt is from first hand experience. On Baal, there is nothing much you could do and you were certainly dead if didn't know how to defend one self from mutant zombies, crazed tribal warriors or giant insects.”

Ranma blinked and blinked again. 'And I thought my training trip was bad.”'

“Err . . . Sanguinius,” Ranma asked. “You don't suppose you know . . . “

“Lord Sanguinius!”

Ranma and Sanguinius turned to see two of Sanguinius Honour Guard approaching them. Between them, they dragged the form of a black haired man. His robes were torn and his hair in a mess and dirty. In his hand he was clutching a wooden Bokken.

Ranma sighed inwards as he recognised instantly the traditional garb of an annoying swordsman. He really couldn't believe that he survived but deep down he was actually glad that the idiot survived. Sanguinius was curious at Ranma's reaction at seeing the man.

“My Lord, we found this one cowering within a nearby building, we think he is possessed by a daemonic entity.”

“Explain?” Sanguinius approached the man with caution. He knew that an untrained psyker or a material host to a daemon was a dangerous affair. His hand slowly moved over the hilt of his master crafted power sword.

“He kept sprouting words in a foreign language, what would you have us do with him?” The two Blood Angels guards had already drawn out their bolt pistols in anticipation of their Lord's command.

Ranma was slightly concerned when Sanguinius unsheathed his Powersword but didn't activate the energy runes on the hilt. Ranma relaxed his guard slightly, but was ready to move in to intervene as a precaution.

Sanguinius walked over towards the black hair man and lifted his chin up with a blunt edge of his blood sword to take a better look at the person. The man struggled in vain to free himself from the iron grip that the guards were restraining him, demanding that he should be freed. Sanguinius gave the man an inquisitive look that would have made an Inquisitor proud. He noticed that there was a hint of a delusion-crazed look, mostly associated with leaders of cults of Slaanesh.

"Free me, Angel of heaven. You don't know why you are doing, my powers are vast and I am the chosen one against the demons of hell. I will strike you down unless you release me now. I am of noble blood and I demand the respect I deserve." The man shouted as tried again to struggle from his restraints.

Sanguinius stared intently at the man before coming to the conclusion that he was an obliviously insane character and was about to execute him with his Powersword.

“Wait,” Ranma decide to intervene now and placed a hand on Sanguinius shoulder and gestured to lower his sword down. Sanguinius had an inquisitive look on his face on Ranma actions and silently waited for his brother for an explanation.

"Don't kill him, brother. He is not worth the hassle and time; we have other things to concern ourselves." Ranma explained to Sanguinius who reluctantly agreed and lowered his Powersword.

"Do you know him, brother?" He inquired to Ranma.

Ranma nodded, "Yeah, I do know him, he been a thorn in my backside since I arrived in this district. His name is Tatewaki Kunö. He goes to the same school as I go to."

"What with all that bad poetry rubbish, it's like a daemon incantation to me."

Ranma sighed, "Just ignore him, he like that 24/7."

Sanguinius chuckled a little and sheathed his Powersword. “All right, he is you're responsibility. I won't kill him, Ranma.”

Kuno eyes narrowed at the person standing next to the Angel.

"Ha, you are not an Angel that I have first thought. You sir, are an Angel fallen from the heaven as you have called this foul sorcerer your brother so oblivious you are the ones that have bought this plague upon my kingdom . . .”

CRACK!

Sanguinius backhanded the kendoist with just enough power to knock him out unconscious rather than cracking his skull. Ranma stared at his brother.

“But, I didn't say I wouldn't hurt him!”

“ . . . “ Ranma almost felt sorry for Kuno, well almost. He knew that he was asking for it, the moment Kuno started to insult him.

"He was beginning to annoy me. Unlike you, Ranma, I don’t have that level of tolerance for idiots. I have other things to do rather than listening to his garbage."

Sanguinius turned and walked away. His two honour guards roughly dropped Kuno and followed their Primarch.

Ranma walked over to the unconscious Kuno, before signalling to the paramedic who had arrived to take him away, not really concerned if he had brain damage or not, regardless.

Meanwhile . . .

Katsuhito Masaki was simply standing in the centre of what used to be to a busy market square which around about this time, people from all over the Japan would gather to buy or sell their goods. Now, all that he could see were scenes of utter chaos and destruction. Market stalls were shattered into pieces. There were many building either burnt out or looted as disorder started to settle into the once peaceful district. Two Blood Angels Space Marines were patrolling down the street as they walked past him, not evening acknowledging his presence as they continued to scan for traitors.

Katsuhito eventually reached the end of the street to see clear sighs of intensive firefight as many of the building and walls were peppered with bolter shells from what he could observe from. His right hand was resting on the hilt of his sword as he made his way towards the central commercial area of Nerima where most of the heavy fighting took place.

As he was walking, he happened to notice a wooden bench that hadn’t been destroyed or damaged which was an odd sight to see, as much of everything was pretty much trashed or destroyed. Katsuhito smiled and walked over towards the wooden bench and sat down, removing his sword from his waist and placed the blade across him. He closed his eyes and began to enter into a state of semi consciousness as to listen out. He could easily hear the drowning noises of roaring Thunderhawk Gunships in the distance, the screams and shouting has ease off for now as unsettling silence settled.

“So much reckless pain and destruction . . . ” Katsuhito whispered as vivid flashbacks of when Ryoko attacked Jurai, causing untold amount of damage and destruction. He remember the uneasiness when he confronted the space pirate, her eyes were completely voided of any compassion, sentiment or remorse for her actions.

Even now, after learning the truth about what actually happened and the cause of her attacks, the events that led up to this battle was, he could help but feel . . .

“Grandfather!”

Katsuhito was immediately bought out of his trance upon hearing his name being called out and opened his eyes to see who it was. He could see his grandson and the Princess Ayeka rushing up to him. Fearing the worst, Katsuhito took hold of his sword and got up from the bench, walking towards them to meet them in the middle.

“Is anything wrong, Tenchi?” Katsuhito asked quietly.

Tenchi shook his head as he tried to gather his thoughts and his breath together. “Have you seen either Ranma or Cypher?” He asked eventually.

“Not recently . . . why?” Katsuhito replied and adjusted his glasses. “Has something happened?”

“Not at all, we just worried about them,” Ayeka said. “It’s better that we leave as soon as possible if we are to avoid any uneasy questions from the military authorities.”

“Wise decision,” Katsuhito said. “Has Washu prepared everything?”

Ayeka and Tenchi nodded. “We leave as soon as we find those two.” Ayeka said.

“Grandfather, do you know where they went the last time you saw them?” Tenchi inquired.

“Hmm . . . well, I don’t know where Cypher went to, but I have a feeling that Ranma is with that winged Angel. Now, what was his name again?” Katsuhito rubbed his chin to recollect his name.

“You mean, Sanguinius?” Ayeka suggested. Katsuhito smiled at the purple hair Princess.

“Why, yes . . . it was Sanguinius. I think that Ranma is with him, they were heading north from here. If you hurry you may able to catch him.”

“Thanks, grandfather,” Tenchi said.

Ayeka bowed and smiled before following Tenchi down the street. Katsuhito smiled and a slight chuckle escaped his lips.

XXXXX

Location: Cherry Hill Temple, Juuban

“Usagi Tsukino, may I have a word with you?” Sailor Pluto asked in such tone that everyone apart from the Princess shuddered. Usagi on the other hand didn’t seem to be affected.

Sailor Pluto was standard at the entrance of their meeting place, her Time Key in her hands as she silently indicated for her to come outside alone. The green hair Senshi was a bit surprised when Usagi didn’t scream or act all clumsy which deep down inside; she really liked tormenting her by appearing out of nowhere. Pluto was sure that she hid her arrival well like she usually does. It seemed that it wasn’t having the desired affect it usually had.

Usagi Tsukino looked up from where she was resting her head on the table and sighed. She was beginning to get on her nerves now after all she been through. The other Sailor Scouts were busy trying to take in what Usagi had said to them, wondering what they are going to do, mainly because their once stable future had been thrown into doubt.

“What is it now?” Usagi asked with a slight edge in her tone of voce.

“Outside now, Princess.” Pluto said in sterner tone. Everyone in the room could feel the place had getting colder.

Usagi sighed a little in annoyance at the green haired Senshi who kept ordering her about.

“Oh all right, fine . . . it better be something good.” She said and followed Pluto out of the room.

“Hey, what‘s up with her? Don’t you find that we are missing something?” Makoto whispered to Minako, acting out of character than her usual bubbly and upbeat self.

Minako shrugged as she watched the pair walking out of the room and shutting the door behind them. “You got me, I haven’t got a clue.”

Ami decided to not to say anything about the subject and simply concentrated on analysing the data collected. She fairly good idea on why the Princess was acting out of character but needed more evidence to match her theory.

XXXXX

Location: Nerima, outside a large deserted estate . . .

(SCANNING . . . BEEP!)

“It’s a definite contact, Chaplain Seraph,” Sergeant Damson of the Blood Angels Assault Company stated as he adjusted a knurled brass dial on the side of his Auspex Scanner.

“And it’s just the one? Seraph asked.

Damson checked again and nodded. “Yes, Brother Seraph.”

Chaplain Seraph peered through the ruby eyes of his skull face helmet at the ruined garden of what seemed to be like a large Japanese estate. Hefting his staff of office, the Crozius Arcanum in both his gauntlet hands, the Blood Angels Chaplain too a step forward into the compound, and sensed the foul stench of death and chaos which usually accompanied the actions of Chaos.

The report of mutilated human soldiers found in some alleyway and random attacks on some of the residence homes had caught the attention of the Chaplain Seraph. At first, Seraph had thought it was the work of thieves taking advantages of the situation but when reports of slain bodies with deep cut ritual style marking all over their bodies. Seraph took command of a handful of battle hardened Space Marines from the fourth company led by Captain Damson to investigate.

Veteran Sergeant Damson aimed his plasma pistol at the broken entrance of the main building.

“Be watchful, Brother. I can feel the foul taints of chaos in this place.” Damson warned the Chaplain as they stood at the main entrance.

“Your caution has been noted. After all, does not the Emperor protects?” Seraph replied with zealous determination in his tone. The Chaplain was focusing on the far wall that had caught his attention. Seraph was making sense of the flickering shadows, before finally deciding that they were just shadow, nothing more.

‘One cannot be too careful,’ Seraph mentally thought and slowly entered the compound main building.

Damson swept his plasma pistol left to right, his internal sensors in his helmet registering nothing in the immediate area which was confirmed by his Auspex scanner. The sensory beep was getting stronger as they moved towards the source. Chaplain Seraph was ever watchful for danger. Who knows what lurks around the next corner? He could discern no movement or sighs of life in this section of the compound, which meant that the life sign must be somewhere, near the rear end of the estate.

“Brother Damson!”

“Yes, your orders, Chaplain?” The Sergeant rushed up beside the dark power armoured Chaplain.

“I want tactical squads two and three to run a full tactical sweep of this compound, report anything no matter how strange or insignificant it is. Tactical squad one with me, if chaos is at work here, we will root it out!”

Damson nodded and immediately relayed the Chaplain’s orders to his squad leaders as two squads of Blood Angels efficiently fanned out through the compound. He then motioned the rest forward wit his plasma pistol. As the Blood Angels moved forwards through the estate compound, there was debris strewn on the ground. A broken lamp smashed on the floor. Chaplain Seraph notices scratch marks on the floor, and stooped down and picked up which looked like to be a long fine ribbon of some sort.

“Hmm . . . “ The Chaplain examined the ribbon closely and immediately detected blood stains.

“Area one, clear!” a shout came over the vox - net.

“Area two clear!”

Damson lowered his pistol and slid it into the retraining clip around his waist. Blood Angels Marine converged around the Sergeant and the Chaplain, maintaining a vigil watch on their surroundings.

“Acknowledged, Sergeant, Moving to Area three!”

“Orders Confirmed, Sergeant, Moving to Area four!”

“All squad sergeants, continue on with the sweep, assume all locations are hostile and report in the moment you find anything. Keep perimeters secure,” he ordered and looked down at the crouching Chaplain who seemed to have taken a keen interest on the ribbon.

“Brother Seraph, did you find something?” Damson inquired.

“Sergeant, what do you make of this?” Seraph held the ribbon in front of the Sergeant and his men.

“It’s a ribbon,” Damson stated and looked closer. “There are bloodstains on the ribbon and . . .”

Seraph shook his head. “Look even closer, Sergeant. Do you notice the type blood on this ribbon?”

“ . . . “ Damson was slightly confused at what the Chaplain was trying to get at. The Chaplain knew exactly what the blood was.

“It the worst kind of blood . . . Daemon blood!” Chaplain said in a bitter tone, which immediately made the Sergeant reached for his pistol.

“There may be some clue as to what these creatures were doing here. If there is, I want it found and quarantined.” The Chaplain expressed and turned around, he was curious of where the ribbon led.

Following the length of the ribbon around the corner and halted. He held up his hand and edged forward cautiously towards a fallen bookcase. As Seraph moved closer towards the bookcase, his power armour biosensors detected a life form beneath the rubble. Seraph and Damson moved forward into position to lift the bookcase back up while the rest kept their bolters on what was underneath it. Seraph was the first to see what was underneath the bookcase and was surprised to see a female human being. He dropped to one knee and began to examine her. Daemon kept his plasma pistol pointed at the human head just in case. Seraph turned the body over and was surprised when his sensors picked up very faint breathing from the young woman.

Seraph gave a questioning look at the Veteran Sergeant. Damson checked his Auspex scanner and nodded in acknowledgement that this was the life sigh they have picked up.

“Hmm . . . one punctured lung, few broken ribs, fractured arm, minor damage to the lower organs, internal bleeding, possible trauma . . . “ Seraph muttered as he continued his medical examination. “No evidence of poison or toxins in her blood which is good . . . she needs medical treatment.”

Chaplain Seraph then precedes to exam her closer, checking for any marks of Chaos or evidences of insertions but found nothing. Although it wasn’t as thorough examination that the inquisition usual performs, it was sufficient for now. Seraph was satisfied that the woman was not tainted by Chaos . . . physically. Mentally and her spiritual well being, he wasn’t sure.

Seraph looked up at Damson. “Have there been reports from the other two patrols?”

Damson shook his head. “No, Brother.”

Seraph was about to ask another question when the young woman briefly spoke quietly under her breath before returning to unconsciousness. The Chaplain immediately rewinds the last few seconds on his digital recorders to figure out what she said.

“Ranma – San?” Chaplain whispered. ‘Sanguinius must know of this,’ he thought for a moment before looking up.

“Brother Damson, I thought you said there was one bio signature that was detected?” Seraph inquired as his other sensors were picking up another bio life sign somewhere west of where they standing.

“I was not wrong, Brother,” Damson declared and adjusted his scanner. “The Auspex had definitely scanned and registered one bio life signs before we entered this estate.”

“I do not doubt your abilities, Brother Damson but . . . “ Chaplain Seraph and Damson suddenly heard the distinctive sound of bolter shells firing coming from outside.

Chaplain Seraph nodded Damson to investigate. The Veteran Sergeant rushed out, down the corridor towards the main garden where he had determined the source of the fire, tightly gripping his plasma pistol and unsheathing his Powersword. Damson kicked the door wide open, half expecting to be a mob of daemons of some sort. He halted to a stop and blinked . . .

“What in the Emperor’s name is that?” Damson pointed to a huge reptile like creature.

The Blood Angels Space Marines who was patrolling and securing the perimeter slowly gathered around the dead reptile, turning the Koi pond red with blood. Bolters were trained on the creature as the two Marines moved forward and tried to pry open the massive reptile jaws to release the trapped unfortunate Space Marine. Another Space Marine saw the Sergeant Damson waiting at the entrance and rushed forward to inform them of the situation.

“Brother Damson, it’s just came from outta nowhere, it had threatened to attack one of our brothers who got too close to the pond. It was hostile, sir. We had to put the foul creature down with force.”

Damson thought for a moment before nodding that the answer was acceptable. “Was there any casualties?”

“None, except the one that just got chewed on a bit . . . just a flesh wound, his armour prevented any serious damage. The unlucky Space Marine was slightly disorientated due to the reptile attack.”

“Have you determined what this creature is?” Damson inquired and received the shaking of heads.

“It’s an overgrown alligator!”

Damson and the others quickly turned their attention to see Chaplain Seraph and the rest of the marines standing at the porch entrance. The dark haired girl was gathered in his arms.

“Chaplain,” Daemon rushed forwards him.

“Brother Damson, whoever had caused this carnage is long gone now. I want a Thunderhawk Gunship here and now, we’re leaving.” Seraph declared.

“What about her, are we taking this human woman?” Damson pointed to the dark hair girl in the Chaplain’s arms.

“Yes, Brother, she might know something of what happened here, and we cannot afford to allow her to talk to the Japanese authorities without knowing what she knows. It’s better this way.”

“I understand, Brother.” Damson replied and issued a rapid response call. “Destination, Brother Chaplain?”

Seraph looked up at the sky. “Home.”

Elsewhere in Nerima . . .

Blood Angels Redeployment Area . . .

“FIRE IN THE HOLE!”

A Techmarine shouted as he triggered the firing mechanism of an explosive device of a fallen Chaos Dreadnought. A second or so later, there was a tremendous blast, completely blowing the monstrous mechanical beast into pieces.

Ranma and Sanguinius were stood quite a far distance as they watched the display with interest. A couple of gold helmet Space Marines from Sanguinius’s honour guard was present around the two as they watched the final preparation. Lord Saffron and the injured Kiima were also under the protection of the Honour Guard. The Sanguinary Priest and Apothecaries were attending their injuries sustained by the intense battle and declared the female Phoenix warrior from critical to stable for now.

Ranma glanced up at Sanguinius, there was a serious determined look but there was something else he notices.

“You’re worried about Kiima, aren’t you?” Ranma asked quietly.

“What makes say that?” Sanguinius replied without looking down at him, staring out at the horizon.

“It’s just the way you are concerned about her.”

Sanguinius was silent.

Ranma grinned and elbowed him in the side. “Oh, come on, you like her don’t you? Admit it you like her a lot.”

Sanguinius raised an eyebrow in curiosity, slightly amused at Ranma’s attempt to humour him.

“It’s kinda ironic that you are giving advice on love especially with your track record . . . what was it, three fiancée’s officially and untold number of others from what you told me.” Sanguinius eventually said.

Ranma chuckled nervously as he started to fidget with his pigtail.

“As I said before . . . IT’S NOT MY FAULT!”

Sanguinius grinned at turning the tables on him; it was so easy to wind him up regarding this problem he had.

“We shall see . . . you know, Brother. It’s not uncommon for people on other worlds to have multiple wives and . . . “

As Sanguinius continued to talk on about multiple marriages, Ranma could help but be mortified and shocked at what he was hearing. Was Sanguinius suggesting that he marry all his official fiancées? Ranma shuddered again at the thought of marrying Shampoo, Ukyo and Akane at the same time.

“So that’s basically about it,” Sanguinius finished and waved his hand across Ranma’s face, getting little response. “Then again, it’s up to you only on who you engage yourself to? Perhaps one of those pretty girls that aided you in this battle, perhaps?” He suggested and rubbed his chin in wonder.

‘He has to be kidding . . . he got to be kidding! There is no way I’m going to marry Shampoo or Akane,’ thought Ranma and was about to speak up when he heard a familiar voice.

“Hey, Ranma!” A dark hair young man shouted as he emerged from a burnt out building. Both Ranma and Sanguinius turned around to see who it was whilst an entire squad of bolters turned on the man. The young man groaned and threw his hands up before him.

“Wait! Don’t shoot!” he exclaimed, his hands still held high as he cautiously moved towards them the group.

“Ranma! Tell them that I’m on your side!” he said angrily at the pigtailed Primarch. He was feeling uneasy about the number of weapons pointed at him.

Ranma and Sanguinius waited for him, as two Blood Angels Space Marines moved to flank the young man and escort him towards their Primarch. Ryoga was sweating a little, slightly dwarfed by the armoured giants either side of him, heavy-duty bolters still trained on him. Ryoga considered his chances for a moment or so, reckoning if he could take on his armoured escort but dismissed the thought when he saw the winged Angel standing beside Ranma.

Ranma stepped forward to greet his old rival and friend, extending one hand and placing the other on his shoulder.

“Ryoga, it’s good to see you are well,” Ranma said and was relieved to see no permanent signs of injuries or scarring.

Ranma was worried when he overheard Captain Garus reporting to Sanguinius that a young man wearing a yellow and black poker dot shirt with a matching bandanna was found and taken into the care of a Sanguinary Priest.

“Yeah, same here,” Ryoga grumbled and looked to either side of him. “Ranma, tell these guys to knock it off, I really had enough of this.”

Sanguinius gestured with his right hand to his men to lower their weapons when he saw Ranma’s glance towards him. Ryoga was relieved but annoyed, he had a bone to pick with him for his disappearance and also to get some answer from him. Ranma guided Ryoga towards the blond hair Primarch and waved a hand towards Sanguinius in a comradely gesture, hoping to clear things up before it got out of hand.

“This is Lord Sanguinius, and he’s the leader of them. They’ve come to make sure that everything goes smoothly here and hopefully to clear the mess.”

Ryoga nodded, still looking up in wonder at the expressionless face of the Space Marines’ Helmets before looking at the Blood Angels Primarch in respect. Sanguinius politely nodded and extended a hand in friendly gesture.

“Ryoga Hibiki, you fought well from what I have heard.” Sanguinius said. His tone filled with authority and power.

“Nice to meet you too,” Ryoga grinned and grasped his hand, silently attempting to crush his hand in a show of strength in a friendly handshake.

He wasn’t having much luck, as Sanguinius showed no signs of discomfort or pain. Ryoga clenched his teeth in bitter determination as his hand was turning a nice shade of purple. Ranma wondered what those two were doing until he spotted someone in plain dark robes in the corner of his eye.

“Cypher!” Ranma shouted out to him. Cypher was currently escort by two armed Space Marines. Although he couldn’t see his face, Ranma knew it was him especially the amount of spaces he given between the two Space Marines. It was certainly more than they gave to Ryoga. The dark robed man looked up and quickened his pace towards him, leaving the two Space Marines pacing behind him.

“Cypher, where have you been?” Ranma asked hastily and briefly looked over his shoulder to see Ryoga and Sanguinius had ended their greeting.

Cypher shrugged casually. “Tying loose ends, that’s all.”

“Oh . . . and by that, in a good or bad way?”

Cypher reached up for the tip of his hood and pulled it back and smiled.

Ranma rolled his eyes and sighed. “Forget it, I don’t really want to know.”

Cypher nodded and walked along Ranma as turned to walk toward where Ryoga and Sanguinius were standing. Ranma then notice Sanguinius body language tensing up like a cold shiver as soon as they got within fifteen yards or so.

“Cypher,” Sanguinius said in a stern tone.

“Likewise, Lord Sanguinius,” Cypher replied as they exchange a brief glares at one another.

“Err . . . do you two know each other?” Ryoga interrupted them. Looking at Sanguinius and Ryoga, wondering what had gotten into them.

“No!” Both of them chorus at the same time. Cypher then looked at Ryoga and sighed a little. “Only by name, Ryoga.”

“Oh . . . ” Ryoga said, slightly confused and looked over his shoulder towards Ranma who gave a simply shrug. He also didn’t know what had gotten into them.

Meanwhile Sanguinius initial thoughts on Ryoga were a strong headed and determined warrior with a clearly seen stubbornness streak in him. He was a good candidate for inducting into the Adeptus Astartes Chapter. His initial thoughts on the robed man, Cypher was different. He had only met the man twice and already did not like him . . . it wasn’t hate or loathing, just his mere presence made him wary of him.

“All right then, since we have been all introduced and we know each other. It’s time that we better get going; it’s getting late so . . . we’re leaving, okay.” Ryoga said to Sanguinius and winked at Cypher.

“You two are free to leave as you as please . . . “

‘He’s right about that, there is no need to waste any time,” Cypher silently thought and gave a nod towards Sanguinius before turning to follow Ryoga.

“But . . . “ Ryoga and Cypher stopped at hearing the word and turned around slowly.

“But what?” Ryoga inquired and turned his head towards Cypher, noticing the serious expression on his face.

“I don’t like this,” Cypher whispered under his breath. He immediately refrained from reaching for his bolt pistol beneath his outer robe when he saw the Sanguinius’ Honour Guard trigger fingers on their bolters and pistols.

“Ranma Saotome is come with us, we have already agreed as Brothers of war.” Sanguinius explained. Cypher immediately cast a sharp glance towards Ranma, wondering what he was playing at. Ryoga was also thinking on the same lines but with a different reason.

‘This is dangerous, if Ranma goes with Sanguinius and his men, it will out of our control,’ thought Cypher and looked at Ryoga wondering what he was thinking.

‘Oh no, Ranma you are not going to get away from us that easily, I want answers!’ thought Ryoga.

Ranma stood there, wondering what he going to say to his friends about this.

“I’m sorry but it’s the only condition he had set, in exchange for his men to safeguard Nerima. There nothing I can do about this.”

Cypher was about to step forward and demand the reasons why but Ryoga beat him to it.

“A moment please,” Ryoga asked. Sanguinius nodded and turned around, watching the last stages of the redeployment as two Blood Angels Techmarines rushed up to report their status. Ryoga and Cypher immediately turned towards Ranma and grabbed him on either side, dragging him along behind a low wall.

“Alright Ranma, what is the deal here?” Ryoga Hibiki demanded, keeping a watchful eye on the Blood Angels Honour Guard and their Primarch.

Cypher was silent, as he also wanted to know what his Lord was planning to do. Although he knew from experience that the Blood Angels were honourable and hardest first founding in the Emperor’s forces, he was wary of their motives as he had heard of sinister and dark tales which were associated with the Blood Angels Chapter. Then again most of the other Chapters have skeletons in their closets especially the Dark Angels.

Ranma scratched the base of his pigtail. “I’m not really sure . . .”

“Did you personally agree to this?” Cypher inquired. ‘Hmm . . . if he has, then there nothing I can do about it, his sense of honour is rare these days and I doubt he would break it.

“Look, I doing my best to help restore order. No one is here to help except them.” Ranma countered.

“So what you are saying then, you agree to go with them in exchange that Sanguinius will order his men to remain under relief arrive, am I correct?” Ryoga said. Cypher raised an eyebrow at Ryoga’s seriousness.

“Yeah, that’s right.” Ranma said, relieved that he understood.

“Oh . . . “ Ryoga paused. “ARE YOU MAD!”

“What?” Ranma asked, slightly confused. “They are our allies and friends.”

“For now,” Cypher whispered in a very low tone. “We cannot be certain of what their primary motives are nor can we assume otherwise.”

“Oh, come on, Ranma. Think about it, we don’t even know what they are up to? So tell me do you know what they want?”

Ranma looked sheepishly. “Not really . . . that’s why I’m going with them to find out, that’s all.”

“Maybe it’s a trap?” Cypher said.

“Perhaps it is or isn’t, but I trust him.” Ranma countered sharply. “Besides if I don’t show to him that we are willing co operate, we have to give a little.”

Cypher was silently, thinking it over for a split second. “I suppose you are right, but I still don’t like the idea.”

Ranma turned towards Ryoga. “How about you?”

Ryoga grumbled a little before replying. “Fine . . . I have to warn you, Tenchi, Sasami and Ayeka are looking all over for you.”

“Huh?”

“Perhaps, over there, Ranma!” Cypher helpfully pointed to a large crystallised spacecraft rapidly heading towards their position, closely tailed by two Thunderhawk Gunships. Both heavily armed strike crafts were maintaining a safe distance between them and the Ry-Ohki.

“Hey, it’s them!”

Ranma turned around just in time to see four distinctive figures beaming down about thirty feet or so from where they were standing. It took a moment for them to materialised as Ranma, Cypher and Ryoga was making their way towards them.

“RANMA!”

“Hey, Sasami, are you all right?” Ranma said and held her at arm’s length.

Sasami smiled and nodded eagerly.

Ryoga was about to begin his furious rant. Somewhere in the lines of Ranma being unfaithful to Akane when he saw a young blue haired girl rushing up to Ranma and hugging him tightly but Cypher stopped him. Ranma then felt someone tapping on his shoulder and looked up to see the smiling and relieved faces of Ayeka and Tenchi whilst Katsuhito was having words with Cypher and Ryoga.

“We have been looking all over for you. You really had us worried when you disappeared like that.” Tenchi said with a concern look.

Ayeka nodded. “You should have really told us where you were going,”

Ranma bowed his head down in shame. “Sorry about that, I should have told you.”

Sasami smiled and held onto his arm. “That’s alright, Ranma Oniichan. Can we go home now together?”

“Err . . . well you see, Hime-Chan.” Ranma struggled to explain the situation whilst Ryoga and Cypher looked on with amusement.

“I have to go somewhere?”

“What do you mean, Oniichan? Can’t we leave this dreadful place?” Sasami said innocently and tugged on Ranma’s sleeve.

Ranma started to turn a light shade of red. “Err . . .”

Just then Tenchi, Katsuhito and Ayeka were about to question him again. When they felt a strong gale breeze and turned around to see two winged males. Lord Sanguinius and Saffron then walked towards the large group. Seeing Ranma, slightly flustered, Sanguinius sighed inside and wondered what type of Primarch, he was. He definitely didn’t match any of the other Primarch before him.

“Hmm . . . excuse me,” Sanguinius said and went to one knee so that Sasami didn’t have to strain so much looking up at the giant Primarch.

Sasami was awed by the sheer presence of Sanguinius. He was radiating a calm aura of power yet maintaining elegant nature because of this. Sasami didn’t felt scared or intimated by him.

“Sasami Masaki Jurai, please to meet you,” she said in a cute and polite tone.

Sanguinius couldn’t help but smile a little but deep beneath his exterior appearance and total calmness. He was immediately concerned by the amount of psyker energy within her, normally most untested or untrained psykers would collapse or cause wanton destruction of the amount of energy she possess. Yet she appears to be a normal girl with no abnormal traits. It was the way she would look at Ranma in particular, that caught Sanguinius attention for detail. Obviously meant there was some sort of close relationship between the two but couldn’t figure how deep it was without further analysis.

“Lord Sanguinius, Primarch of the Blood Angels, Loyal Servant to the Emperor,” he said formally.

“I am sorry, Masaki. Ranma Saotome has to come with me, he has personally agreed to my terms and conditions. There is nothing you and all anyone else can do about this.” Sanguinius stated, briefly casting a glance over to Cypher and Ryoga.

“But . . . “ Sasami held onto his arm tightly and cast a worried concern look at Ranma. She then looked up at Sanguinius then back at Ranma. She looked on the verge of crying.

Ranma tried to reassure her with a calming smile. Tenchi and Ayeka were also surprised by this announcement wondering what to make of this, if Ranma had agreed to this, there nothing much they could do. He wouldn’t place his honour on agreement unless it was important. Sasami then saw Ranma’s reluctance and hesitation in his eyes; he was going to go back on his agreement and . . .

“Sanguinius . . . “ Ranma said, knowing that he didn’t have to shout or get his attention as he probably waiting for his answer.

“Yes, Brother?” Sanguinius said, with a slight edge in his voice.

Ryoga and Cypher immediately took a slight defensive stance. Ayeka and Tenchi had no idea what’s going to happen next. Katsuhito was studying everyone’s reaction.

‘This might get awkward,’ thought Cypher and Katsuhito. No one noticed the slight flash in Sasami’s pink eyes, taking on a slightly harder look.

“Sanguinius, I . . . “

Ranma was interrupted when Sasami hugged him suddenly. Sanguinius was beginning to run out of patience but decide against hurrying those two up. He needed Ranma’s full co-operation and without any doubt. Sanguinius rose to his feet and walked away from the group, where Captain Garus and his Honour Guard were waiting.

“Go with him. This is important, please come back safely,” she whispered into Ranma’s ear.

“Sasami . . . “

Ranma blinked and held Sasami at arm’s length, wondering if he had heard her right. Sasami slightly nodded when she saw the look in Ranma’s eyes for confirmation. She then tapped on his chest where Tsunami’s penchant talisman was that hung around his neck.

‘How did she know about the penchant?’ thought Ranma. He was confused by her actions until realisation startled to settle in.

“Please go,” Sasami whispered. “For me.”

Ranma simply stared into her eyes for a few moments before nodding in silent acknowledgement. Sasami smiled and broke away from Ranma to join Tenchi, Ayeka and Katsuhito. Ranma looked up at the concern faces of Ayeka and Tenchi, also wondering what he was going to next.

Ranma knew what he had to do and rose to his feet. He glanced over his shoulder towards the winged Primarch.

“Give me a few moments, Sanguinius,” Ranma requested.

“As you wish, Brother Ranma.” Sanguinius replied and walked towards his Honour Guard. Ranma waited until he was out of hearing range before turning to face his audience.

“Tenchi, Ayeka, Katsuhito, Sasami,” Ranma said and smiled at everyone especially the last one. “I’m sorry I can’t go with you right now. I do promise I will be back as soon as I can. I just have to sort this mess out first. You do understand why I must do this?” Ranma tried to explain.

“Will be all waiting for you back at the Masaki household,” Katsuhito said. He knew that Ranma would be back, he was the sort of person that wouldn’t do things without a reason.

Ayeka smiled and clasps her hands together and bowed. “Yes, Lord Ranma, you be always welcome there. We looked forward to your return.”

Sasami simply smiled at Ranma whilst Tenchi walked over towards Ranma and grasp his hand. Ranma returned the firm handshake and grasp Tenchi’s shoulder.

“You look after yourself, Tenchi. Take care of everyone for me, okay.” Ranma said, Tenchi returned the smile.

“Don’t get into too much trouble, you still have to give us the full story of how you manage to come back after been blown to bits.” Tenchi said and looked over towards Cypher. The dark haired robe warrior nodded slightly to give reassurance.

“Oh . . . yeah, the full story . . . erm . . . right.” Ranma said nervously.

‘They won’t believe me if I told them, then again, it does make sense in a strange way,’ thought Ranma, considering if he should tell them about Serenity, the Emperor, Felix and the other Primarchs he met when he was temporary wasn’t on the material world or dimension.

Meanwhile . . .

Saffron, Lord of the Phoenix Tribe had fully recovered from his fatigue and had quickly recovered his strength. He immediately flew down and landed quite close to Sanguinius. Saffron was slightly dressed differently as he wore a clean sleeveless red robe with white and golden lining along the edges. On his chest bearing the symbol golden Halo on his right chest and on the other was the Blood Angels Chapter symbol. Also there were two large slits on the back to allow his wings through.

“Lord Saffron, I presume you going to return back to Mount Phoenix.” Sanguinius already knew why he was here.

Saffron nodded with serious look. “Yes, Lord Sanguinius, I have to attend to my people just like you attend to your warriors. The Musk Dynasty and the Amazons have grown suspicious about our activities. They might attack if they knew that I wasn’t there.”

Sanguinius’s facial expression darkened. “Are these enemies of yours?”

“Yes . . . but the Amazon and Musk has not attacked us. Our scouting reports seem to tell us, we are at a statement. Neither of us is willing to risk their limited amount of warriors unless they are assured of victory.”

“From what Kiima told me about the other two fractions in China, if those two tribes ever combine their forces together against your tribe, you would be at a serious advantage.” Sanguinius said.

Saffron nodded, mildly surprised at how well he knew of the current condition. “Exactly, although our warrior’s ranks are strong, we are limited in number. Most of my people are too young or incapable to fight against determine fighters.” Saffron paused before carrying on. “Lord Sanguinius, there is something you should know about our people. We find conceiving children a difficult process with a small chance of success compared to human females.”

“I see . . . “ Sanguinius was surprised that Kiima didn’t mention this to him after Saffron reveal this fact to him.

“So you see why we are reluctant to take the offensive against our enemies. We cannot afford to lose any of warriors. It’s just matter of survival for my people. I fear that we shall not last the next few years . . . ” Saffron explained sadly and was surprised when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Saffron looked up. There was a sense of hope filled his spirit.

“I fully understand your dilemma, you are a leader of great responsibility and a heavy burden has been place on your young shoulders. Life on my home world was just the same . . . “

“What do mean?” Saffron asked, intrigued on Sanguinius’s past.

“Life on Baal was a difficult and arduous time. It weren’t the best place for a childhood. You see, Baal was in a sense a radioactive wasteland especially the thousands of cannibal mutants and Baalite Fire Scorpions after our flesh. Just like your situation, it was a matter of survival, which I took upon my shoulders to make sure that my clan was survived. I have seen with my own eyes, there is nothing to worry about.”

‘Wastelands? Cannibal Mutants? Huge Scorpions? How the hell did he survive!’ though Saffron and he thought compared to him, his life was just pure luxury.

“Lord Sanguinius, I appreciate your concern but we won’t simply fade into nothing without a fight. We are a fierce tribe and it’s going to take something to wipe us out.” Saffron clasps both of the Primarch’s wrists in a mutual gesture of brotherhood.

“Lord Sanguinius, as Supreme Lord of the Phoenix . . . “ Saffron close his eyes and began to say some words in which Sanguinius really couldn’t understand but remained silent, allowing him to finish what he was starting. The winged Primarch had a feeling that he had entered into some sort of ritual, as there was a pattern in pitch and tempo. It only lasted a few seconds, which Saffron opened his eyes.

“I assume that you done something officially or something of traditions of yours?” Sanguinius said.

“You are now a member of our Phoenix clan. I have bestowed on you’re a high status within our warrior ranks.” Saffron explained. “This is now official as my word is law amongst our people.”

Sanguinius thought about the implications of what Saffron had said and bowed his head slightly. ‘How come I feel that he not tell me the whole story?” thought the Winged Primarch.

“I am honoured by this position, Lord Saffron. I will not let this status bestowed on me be dishonoured.” Saffron smiled a little on the outside but grinning deep down.

He decided not to tell about a little implication on his status until later. Well, not until Sanguinius returned back to Mount Phoenix. Anyway, it wasn’t important right now and he did have the right to refuse unlike what the Amazon and Musk tribal laws states about this particular issue. He also knew that if things went well, he was less likely not to refuse.

“My Lord,” a stern voice interrupted their conversation. Sanguinius and Saffron turned to see a blond hair man in white power armour with red marking approaching them. He was equipped quite different compared to the other Blood Angels, on his right wrist were needles and medical sensors attracted, which he held a golden skull grail.

The Blood Angels Sanguinary Priest stood proudly in the present of two powerful individuals.

“My Lord, my apologies for interrupting, I will take a lapse in prayer but you did insist to report on anything about the condition of Lady Kiima of the Phoenix.” The Sanguinary Priest paused before continuing on.

“Lady Kiima is out of critical status and is stable for now. My Lord, under the recommendations from other Priest, we suggest that we do not take her onboard the Thunderhawk Gunship. Her condition may worsen during the journey. She needs considerable rest and advance medical care. The analysis on the medical facilities and knowledge on this planet is sufficient but . . . “ The Blood Angels Priest hesitated a little.

“I see you have some doubts over this suggestion, speak up, Brother Sonora?”

Saffron stepped up and decided to add his thoughts over this suggestion.

“Lord Sanguinius, I strongly suggest we do not take her into human care. The physiology of our people is different from a human being. They might actually cause her more harm than care. You see, we have very little contact with humans and they may possibly have other motives if they do accept her.” Saffron explained his concern to the winged Primarch.

The Sanguinary Priest nodded in agreement with the Phoenix Leader.

“I have to agree with Lord Saffron. Human behaviour is at times very peculiar, we just don’t have sufficient information to make a inform decision.”

Sanguinius was silent as he considered his options. Brother Sonora hesitation was correct plus Lord Saffron did have a valid point against taking her into human care. Also hearing that she might not survive the journey back to the battle barge did concern him greatly. It was a tough decision to make and it seemed that he might have to risk Kiima’s life by choosing the only option left out to him.

“Perhaps I could help?” a rather cheerful and mischievous voice was heard.

The entire Honour Guard’s weapons turned on the red haired scientist who seemed to materialise out of nowhere. Sanguinius immediately raised his hand up to halt his Honour Guard. Brother Sonora raised his heavy duty plasma pistol at aimed it at the stranger. Bolters, flamers and plasma weapons were trained on her but she seemed indifference or didn’t care of the danger she was current in.

Sanguinius approached her cautiously, holding his hand high to hold their fire whilst gripping the hilt of his sword.

“Who are you?”

Washu smiled as she entered into her ‘routine’. Small miniature puppets appeared her shoulders waving small fan flags. Saffron was curious but also wary of whom this girl was.

“Washu is the Greatest!” said the puppet on the left shoulder.

“Washu is the Best!” squeaked the puppet on her right shoulder. A fanfare blowing and the puppets realising confetti then followed it.

‘BY THE EMPEROR’S LIGHT, IT’S A DAEMON!’ The entire Honour Guard thought simultaneous at the little display and would have blasted her with everything they got if it wasn’t for their Lord gesture to withhold their fire.

‘This is . . . unusual,’ thought Saffron, taking a defensive step back.

Meanwhile Sanguinius took another cautious step towards the red haired scientist. Unlike the rest, the Blood Angels Primarch was calmer about the situation. He was also intrigued

“Washu . . . is that your name?” Sanguinius asked as he tried pacify with the red haired girl. He wasn’t sure if she was a creature of the warp or just one of the weird creatures that inhabit this dimension. The Blood Angels Honour Guard Space Marines still kept their weapons trained on the girl, eager to jump in front of their Primarch and protect him with their lives.

“Got it in one! WASHU! THE GREATEST SCIENTIST IN THE UNIVERSE!” Sanguinius immediately jerked his head back slightly as she somehow managed to close the distance between them. Her young face was now about an inch or so away from Sanguinius Angelic face. Slightly startled, Sanguinius still kept his hand up knowing that the moment he lowered it, all hell was going to break loose.

“My . . . what do we have here?” Washu’s eyes roaming up and down Sanguinius form. She was currently hovering in mid – air. “Very impressive indeed,” she said as her mind wondered off slightly in something naughty in a scientific way.

“ . . . “ Sanguinius was confused on what to response to this unusual situation. There was a rather large sweat drop appeared on Sanguinius and Saffron’s head.

“Washu, stop that,” another voice was heard. Washu glance over her shoulder and sighed. “Oh, it’s you . . . you’re no fun, Katsuhito.” She said as she backed away from Sanguinius.

Katsuhito bowed respectfully. “My apologies for Washu startling you like that; she didn’t mean you any harm . . . she just being friendly.”

‘Friendly isn’t the word,’ thought Saffron. Sanguinius turned to face his Honour Guard Space Marines and instructed them to lower their weapons reluctantly but still kept their fingers on the firing triggers.

“What is this about?” Katsuhito asked Washu, wondering what the commotion was all about. Washu smiled as she quickly landed on her feet.

“Well, I was going to offer my help, that’s all . . . honest,” Washu replied.

“What about?”

“It’s about Lady Kiima’s condition. I kinda overheard what they were talking about and I felt as my duty to offer my help.” Washu explained quietly to Katsuhito.

‘Your duty?’ thought Saffron, still cautious about her as Sanguinius joined them. Saffron also realised that the Honour Guard had formed a circular perimeter completely surrounding them; they weren’t taking any chances with their Lord in their presence.

“If you heard what we were talking about, then I assume you have a way of aiding us, perhaps?” Sanguinius asked with a hint of hope despite his stern serious outlook.

Washu smiled brightly which was beginning to seriously unnerve the winged Primarch for being so cheerful. Sparing a glance over to Saffron, he seemed very agitated by her presence.

“Of course, I am the Greatest Scientist in the Universe!”

“We already know!” Saffron snapped at Washu.

“Well then, I won’t help you if behave like that! Common Curtsy is all I ask for!” Washu crossed her arms and looked away.

“What the . . . “ Saffron was feeling outraged by Washu’s attitude. He was a powerful warrior and leader of his tribe and she was treating him like a child. He was about to sort her out but was stopped by Sanguinius’s look.

Sanguinius bent down to one knee so that she didn’t have to strain her neck looking up.

“Washu, if you do have something to say, I am willing to listen to your suggestion.” The winged Primarch asked formally, ignoring Saffron for a moment.

Washu looked at Sanguinius with one eye as her cheerful smile returned.

“Alright, Sandy-Chan, you won me over . . . see we can be friends!” Washu exclaimed happily.

‘Sandy-Chan!’ Saffron and Katsuhito thought upon hearing Lord Sanguinius nickname. Sanguinius tried his best to hide his distaste and resentment on his face. He was one of the Emperor’s finest and general of the mighty Imperium, not some sort of cute . . . Sanguinius shuddered at the thought.

“So . . . Washu . . . “ Sanguinius started to say.

“Please call me little Washu, Sandy-Chan” Washu said with the large innocent puppy dog eyes.

‘You have to be f****** kidding!’ thought Saffron.

Katsuhito was beginning to wonder how much patience did Sanguinius have, normally most people like Saffron who have snapped ages ago but he still possess a air of total calmness. This significantly indicated to him that Lord Sanguinius has total control over his emotions and was a dangerous foe in battle.

“So, Little Washu . . . can you help us?”

“Of course, Sandy-Chan. Please let me take care of her, she really deserves better than to be allowed into the local authorities.” Washu said her voice turning suddenly from happy cheerful tone to a mature and deep serious tone. “I can easily heal her injuries without any permanent scarring or mental damage. Phoenix Physiology is rather simply to understand and heal. She will be placed directly under my strict care.”

Saffron looked at Washu upon hearing her suggestion with a dangerous look before snapping at her.

“NO WAY! THERE NO WAY I’M GOING TO GIVE KIIMA TO HER!”

Sanguinius was silent and quickly looked towards Katsuhito for a something. He trusted the old man despite his slightly out psyker levels.

“I can vouch for her; you have my word as a Shrine Priest and as a Warrior.” Katsuhito eventually said to help boast Washu’s suggestion.

Sanguinius nodded, already making up his decision but needed to sort something out immediately. He already weighted out the pros and cons on each of the suggestions from the Sanguinary Priest, Saffron and now Washu.

“Lord Saffron,” the Primarch said. The Phoenix leader calmed down almost immediately and turned to address him. “You said I was a formal member of your clan, was it true?”

Saffron nodded and was beginning to get a clue on what he was about to ask from him. “Yes, as I said my word is law in my people.”

Sanguinius smiled to reassure him. “Then as a member of your clan, I humbly request that Lady Kiima should be placing under . . . Little Washu’s care.”

Saffron nodded but deep inside, he was disappointment. He knew that he couldn’t afford to have bad terms with Sanguinius, not this early.

“As Supreme Lord of the Phoenix, I shall grant this request.” Saffron said formally and quickly gestured the correct appropriate hand sign in the formal traditions.

“Thank you, Lord Saffron.” Sanguinius said and turned around to face Washu and Katsuhito.

“We accept your proposal, Little Washu. My men will hand her to you, I am placing my trust in you with her life, understand.” Washu smiled and blush a little at the same time.

“Brother Sonora, will take you to where Lady Kiima is resting, he will provide you with full co operation and support.” The Sanguinary Priest stood up attentively upon hearing his name being mentioned. Washu grinned, wondering about the scientific research she could conduct on these Space Marines and especially their leader.

“I understand, please don’t worry about her, you can see her anytime . . . Sandy-Chan.” Washu said as Sanguinius tried not to be irritated by this nickname. Katsuhito smiled that everything went peacefully.

Five hundred yards from where this was happening . . .

“I promise I will be back as soon as I can,” Ranma finally managed to say his farewells. Sasami smiled as she gave him one final hug whilst Ry-Ohki happily meowed as she sat on Sasami’s shoulder. Ranma then rose to his feet and smiled at Ayeka who returned the compliment.

Cypher walked over toward Tenchi and unexpectedly shook his hand whilst at the same time placing a circular device in the palm of his hand.

“Here, take this,” Cypher whispered.

Tenchi glanced down at what was placed in his hand. It was oval in shape with a deep red jewel in the centre. Along the edge of the object were symbols and usual lettering.

“Cypher, what is this? Huh . . . Cypher?” Tenchi looked up to see that he was gone. He then looked around to see that he was with Ranma and Ryoga. He was about to rush up to him and ask what the object was when Ayeka called him over. They were about to depart onboard Ry-Ohki who was now a crystallised starship.

‘Thanks, Cypher,’ Tenchi thought as he realised that the object was probably a gift from him and most likely didn’t have time to say anymore about it.

“Are you two actually okay? You really look you been through hell and back.” Ranma inquired about Ryoga and Cypher’s current appearances. He couldn’t help but notice the numerous medical bandages and tattered clothing they were wearing plus signs of bloodstains.

“With you, everything is hell,” Ryoga said sharply. “You make my life hell.”

Ranma sighed deeply, despite the mutual friendship between them. Ryoga still seemed to blame everything that had gone wrong in his life on him.

Cypher kindly elbowed Ryoga in the kidney. It would normally have no effect on him but Cypher knew that exactly it was the spot where he too a rather nasty hit from a Worldeaters Space Marine. Ryoga clutched his side in slight discomfort and glared at Cypher.

“I’m fine, okay,” Ryoga said to Ranma. “What was that for?”

Cypher ignored Ryoga’s outburst. “Nothing serious to worry about, Ranma.”

“Oh . . . “ Ranma said half confidently, not really sure what actually gone on between those two.

“Brother Ranma, it is time.” Sanguinius called out to him and started to make their way towards the redeployment grounds.

Ranma turned and started to walk with Sanguinius and looked over his shoulder to see Ryoga and Cypher walked behind him. Ranma stopped and turned to face his two friends. Sanguinius and his Honour Guard didn’t seem to notice Ranma had stopped as they continued on with their destination.

“Hey . . . aren’t you going with Ry-Ohki?” Ranma inquired.

“Oh no, you’re not getting away that easily. We’re coming along with you and besides with the Nerima totally trashed, there is no way I could easily find my way out. I’m sticking with you, no matter you like it or not.” Ryoga stated.

“But . . . “

Cypher stepped up and looked at Ryoga before turning towards Ranma.

“For once, I have to agree with the idiot,” Cypher said. “Just face it, Ranma, we sticking with you like glue.”

Ranma just sighed and gave in. Those two did have valid points on accompanying him.

“Oh, alright, come on, let’s go.” Ranma said. Cypher and Ryoga nodded.

A few moments later . . .

The two Primarchs walked side by side towards the deployment area where three Thunderhawk Gunships were waiting for their Primarch and his guest to be taken back to the orbiting battle barge. Flanking on either side of the two Primarchs was Sanguinius Elite Honour Guard. Cypher and Ryoga were closely following behind Ranma.

“Brother Ranma,” Sanguinius asked.

“Huh?” Ranma snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at the winged Primarch, wondering what he was going to ask him. “What is it?”

“It’s about your relationship with that young blue haired girl. Do you like her?”

“Err . . . what are trying to say, Sanguinius?”

“Is she one of your fiancée?” Sanguinius asked directly.

“No!” Ranma denied immediately. ”Well . . . I like her a lot and very sweet girl . . .” Ranma quietly, slightly embarrassed by his admission.

If he had just acted more on his common sense and a little bit aware of his surrounding he would have thought twice about his feeling. The main reason was because Sasami Masaki was within hearing distance as she had forgotten to tell Ranma something personal. At first, when Sanguinius asked Ranma about her relationship level, she was couldn’t figure out why it hurt when Ranma denied at first but it change afterwards when Ranma admitted that she like her a lot. Sasami couldn’t help but feel a warm feeling in her chest and was about to shout something to get Ranma’s attention. That is until she heard the last part of his feeling to Sasami.

“She more of a little sister really.“ Ranma said casually.

Ranma really wanted to say that his relationship with Sasami was more than just friendship especially the way Tsunami would talk about her. Ranma couldn’t as he really didn’t want to reveal too much of himself to Sanguinius, the part regarding his life in Nerima was pretty much common knowledge now.

“I see . . . I understand, it’s just that . . . it’s nothing,” Sanguinius could easily tell that Ranma was hiding something behind his answer. He didn’t even have to resort to using his psyker powers to tell he was hiding something as his facial expression conveys the message easily enough.

Sasami felt heart broken at hearing those words, and immediately turned around running away from them. Normally, she would be ecstatic at having an older brother to look after her. Unfortunately she already had someone like that, Tenchi Masaki. Before she ever met Ranma, she was becoming increasingly lonely even thought she had Ry-Ohki as company she really wanted someone to share her life with as she got older especially someone who would accept her as who she would become when she merges with Tsunami.

The Masaki household would always a non-stop roller coaster with something new happening every day. Ranma wouldn’t have the insecurities that Tenchi had, he was confident, gentle, determine and well-rounded person but he wasn’t perfect. Ranma still had flaws in his personality such as being overconfident, stubborn and too trusting but these were the qualities that she admires in him. Hearing him admit that she only like him as a sister, bought back memories that she really didn’t want to have when despite her attempts to gain Tenchi’s attention and be close to him, she eventually lost out to Ayeka and Ryoko. Holding back the tears, Sasami had to get away.

Cypher just happened to look over his shoulder and caught the glimpse of the blue hair Juraian Princess and immediately figured out what just happened. He just put two and two together with what Ranma had just said and the Sasami running away from them.

“Ranma . . . you and your big mouth. I hope I don’t get his trait from him?” Cypher whispered hopefully. ‘Damn . . . I thought he liked her.’

Cypher knew it would probably going to get worse unless Ranma get his act together and admit to it otherwise it was going to another rerun of Ranma’s life in Nerima.

“You say anything?” Ryoga asked, wondering what he was muttering about.

“Nothing . . . for now,” Cypher replied.

“Lord Saffron, I will be leaving a detachment of my finest brothers to escort you to Mount Phoenix. They will be under your command.” Sanguinius stated.

“Lord Sanguinius, I appreciate your gesture but . . .” Saffron tried to turned the offer of help but the Blood Angels Primarch gave him no option to refuse.

“You have no say in this choice; the co ordinates for Mount Phoenix have been preset in one of our Thunderhawks.” Sanguinius pointed to a Thunderhawk Gunship. “They await your arrival; take this as a gesture of our friendship.”

Saffron nodded and smiled.

Half an hour later . . .

“How long before we are ready to depart, Lieutenant?” Sanguinius inquired.

“We can be ready to depart in less than a minute, Lord Sanguinius. The fourth company has been deployed as requested to aid the human forces. Surveyor data has been transmitted to Lord Admiral Tabris.” A broad shoulder Space Marine reported.

Sanguinius nodded, satisfied that preparation have gone smoothly as they stood outside the Thunderhawk Gunship, waiting for the signal to board the assault craft.

“Brother Sanguinius,” Ranma said, hoping he had said it right.

“Yes, Brother Ranma?”

“I need to make a small request?”

“Which is? As long as it within reason,” asked Sanguinius. Having a fair idea of what he was going to ask when he looked over Ranma’s shoulder. Cypher and Ryoga was still there, standing behind Ranma.

“If I can bring Ryoga and Cypher with me,” Ranma stated.

Sanguinius was intrigued by Ranma’s request at first. After a moment passed, he accepted Ranma's request. There was no danger or negative points of those two coming along with them, especially a ship full of the hardest, dedicated Space Marines on board.

“Very well. Cypher, I can understand, but Ryoga, I’m not sure, why?”

Ranma grinned. “I don’t want Ryoga to going AWOL again.”

“HEY!” Ryoga shouted in denial. “I’m not that bad!”

“Yes, you are,” Cypher added in his bit into the augment. Ryoga just glared at him.

As they walking up the landing ramp of the Thunderhawk Gunship, Sanguinius turned around. Ranma, Ryoga and Cypher looked up at the Blood Angels Primarch, waiting for him to say something.

“Has anyone been in space?”

Ryoga shook his head and Cypher nodded.

“How about you, Ranma?” Sanguinius asked.

“Not really unless you count Akane’s attempts,” Ranma replied casually with his hands in his pockets and walked past him.

Sanguinius was curious and looked towards Ryoga and Cypher for a proper explanation. “What was all that about?”

Ryoga shook his head and started to catch up with Ranma. “Long story . . .”

“Technically, she hasn’t succeed in doing so . . . yet, but she getting closer,” Cypher whispered as they both headed into the cargo area of the space craft, leaving Sanguinius by himself on the landing ramp.

The fourth company had already begun to redeployment stages as the UN aid forces and Japanese SDF reinforcements started to pour in the district. Sanguinius took one last glance at the devastated suburb of Tokyo. The sounds of mechanical gears of the ramp gave a clear indication of the landing gears being raised.

XXXXX

Higher Orbit, onboard ‘Ry-Ohki’ . . .

Tenchi Masaki and Sasami Jurai watched through one of the many crystal pods floating around. They were currently watching the three Blood Angels Thunderhawk Gunships heading into space. Ry-Ohki face meowed happily to signal to her occupants that they have left Nerima airspace and continued to cruise through the atmosphere. Ayeka was standing right next to Tenchi. Her soft smaller hand was intertwined with Tenchi’s hand. A moment passed between them until Ayeka tugged on Tenchi’s arm wanting to speak to him alone. Tenchi nodded understandably and walked over to an empty space around Ry-Ohki interior, leaving the young Juraian Princess alone with her thoughts.

Tenchi Masaki had certainly grown over the conflict in Nerima, which Sasami notice immediately. No longer was he the shy boy he used to be when she first met him awhile back ago. The love triangle seemed to have grown stronger, and very competitive. Now, the only two serious contenders for Tenchi’s affections were Ayeka, her sister and Ryoko, a person, which she looks up as a sister. Truth to be told, Sasami wasn’t unhappy or jealous about this. Both contenders deserve him and had wondered when he would gather the courage to pick one of them.

Sasami sighed sadly as she reached inside her pocket and pulled out a long silver chain. Earlier, she really wanted to give this to Ranma before he left with Sanguinius and would have done so until she heard Ranma admitting that he only sees her as a young sister, nothing more, and nothing less. She was lucky that no one notice her unhappy demeanour. She really didn’t want to talk to anyone right now.

Sasami looked around Ry-Ohki interior. Everyone seemed to be busy with something or taking care of someone. Ry-Ohki itself was trying to avoid any hot zones of Japan, which they could be mistakenly fired upon. It wasn’t until they entered Earth’s upper orbit that everyone relaxed. Once she was satisfied that no one was paying to her right now, Sasami walked over to one side and stared out through a glass window.

Resting her elbows on the ledge of the window, Sasami was beginning to wonder about things they she really hadn’t thought of until now. She really didn’t know what to do now or how to deal with this feeling in her heart.

“I am sorry,”

Sasami was slightly startled when she heard a soft mature voice and looked around to see who had said it until she saw her older adult self on the mirror reflection.

“Oh . . . it’s only you.” Sasami whispered. “There no need to apologies, I understand.”

The adult version of Sasami smiled a little. There was a long pause between the two versions of Sasami. Tsunami could sense there was something serious that was bothering her like the time Sasami tried desperately to tell her sister that she died when Ryoko attack Jurai and that she was revived by the Patron Goddess of Jurai. Also that Sasami and Tsunami would eventually merge as one.

“Tenchi Masaki will be taken by Ryoko and Ayeka, you do understand about that?” stated the Tsunami.

“Yes, I know, I don’t want to hurt Ayeka or Ryoko who I consider an older sister feeling that’s why I can’t do it.” The younger Sasami whispered, regret clearly shown in her voice. “There isn’t anyone else unless my father has something lined up?”

The younger Sasami shuddered briefly when she thought of the suitor that her father had set up for her sister.

“There is no one for me, Tsunami.” She said on the verge of crying.

“There is one other, “ said older Sasami.

Sasami blinked and wiped the tear from her eye. She gave a pleading look at her reflection. “Who is it that would be just for me?”

“It’s not Yoshu, is it?”

“No. “

“Who then, Tsunami?”

Tsunami looked at young Juraian Princess sadly, unable to directly tell her who would perfect for her. She was at a dilemma, a course that could possibly change the future of Jurai and her children. She believed that in order for someone to be fully happy, they would have to make a conscious choice by themselves without any external influences, not even from the patron Goddess of Jurai. On the other hand, she had initially thought that the passage of time would allow Sasami the time to realise her own feeling for that special someone. It would minimise the potential assimilation damage and shock when the time comes. Time wasn’t a luxury anymore; there was someone else in the running. It was someone who had very high chance of capturing his heart. By the time that Sasami grew up to be considered in the running for his heart, she would be too late and all alone.

‘No thanks to Serenity,’ thought Tsunami angrily before regaining her composure. ‘Her daughter already been chosen for? Why break the emotional bond between those two unless .it was . . . I knew it!’

‘Still there no point arguing about it, what been done, is done. Hmm . . . if Sasami continues the way she acted with Tenchi Masaki, she will lose him to someone else. Something has to be done . . . but what?”

“Tsunami, please, tell me?” Sasami whispered.

“I cannot . . .” Tsunami answered regrettably.

‘She is confused about her feeling,’ she thought.

“Please!”

Tsunami stared in Sasami’s eyes for a few moments. She then made her mind up and was about to give Sasami a little nudge in the right direction, not just for her sake but also for both of them and the future of Jurai.

“Sasami, you might not realise it; it is someone that you have grown close too, someone you never consider serious beyond friendship basis. The person who you would be just for you is . . .”

“Sasami, who are you talking to?”

Sasami almost jumped upon hearing someone calling out to her. She looked over her shoulder and smiled when she saw it was only Tenchi. She then looked back the window and sighed when all that she could see was her own reflection.

“Sasami, are you alright?” Tenchi asked. She was acting a little strangely since they parted company from Ranma, Cypher and Ryoga.

“Yes, Tenchi, everything is . . . fine,” she whispered, taking a final glance at the window before turning to face Tenchi.

“How is everyone? Is everyone okay?” Sasami smiled cheerfully and quickly brush past Tenchi, hoping to avoid any awkward questions.

“Hey, Sasami?”

“Sorry, Tenchi.” She stopped and turned around. “I have to get everything ready, I bet you are all hungry after all, we went through.”

“ . . . “ Tenchi was left puzzled and confused by Sasami sudden change in expression but didn’t have time to ask as he saw Ry-Okhi started to begin it’s descent through Earth’s atmosphere.

The red haired scientist, Washu who was busy monitoring Ryoko and Kiima vital signs looked up from keyboard. She had a feeling what was going on between Tenchi and Sasami but decide not to intervene. She had other things on hand right now and needed her two patients to be transported back to her sub dimensional lab for better treatment.

Katsuhito was standing next to one of Ry-Ohki viewing crystals.

“Ry-Okhi, can you zoom in a bit over there? I think there is something just beyond there.” Katsuhito pointed on the viewing crystal.

“Miya!” replied Ry-Okhi happily complied.

“Impressive.” Katsuhito commented.

“I suppose this is the Blood Angels battleship. Hmm . . . it's probably quite dangerous in fire fight against a third generation Juraian battleship. ” Katsuhito wondered as the distant ship was moved out visual range.

XXXXX

The majestic form of the Angel of Death slowly angled its massive bulk towards the surface of Earth, powerful energies building in her forward linear accelerators. The Adeptus Astartes battle barge was an awesome sight to behold; the Blood Angels battle barge had the power to level cities and smash entire continents.

The battle barge utilises a warp core engine coil and reactor, similar to the Chaos Slaughter class cruiser but far superior in every way. The Angel of Death was the fastest ship for its size and there was no ship that could compete with the sheer destructive speed and efficiency of a Space Marine battle barge. The ship remained in high orbit out of the range of any surface batteries and silos that the planet could have. Powerful void generators protected the ship completely.

The Command Bridge of the Angel of Death was a wide two-tier deck. Humming banks of pale Hololithic displays and ancient, runic screens lined the cloisters either side of the raised command centre. Shaven headed half-human, Cyborg servitors hard wired into each of the ship’s regulatory systems. Space Marine deck officers were located at each station, monitoring carefully for anything out of the ordinary. There was a sense of tension in the atmosphere as they waited for the order from the Lord Admiral to stand down from battle station. A broad observation bay dominated the front of the bridge, currently displaying a view of planet before the ship. Smaller screens in the corners of the bay displayed the current course and speed of the ship along with all local objects picked up by the ship’s surveyors.

Standing still on the Command Bridge was a giant Space Marine of nearly eight hundred years who had fought in space almost his entire life. He had seen almost everything that the damned universe had to show to him. The golden Eagle breastplate of his blood red armour was adorned with bronze clusters of badges of honour. He wore golden lined white robes over his power armour. His hair had almost turned complete white through age. His red brooding eyes gazed at the screen.

The Principal Navigators were going through hell right now as they tried to do their duties. The magnetic interference from the planet’s surface and without the Emperor’s beacon to pinpoint their exact location in time and space, the Navigators were having a hard time but they were trying all they could to compensate for this loss.

The giant Space Marine was Lord Admiral Kaorus Tabris as he stood proudly with his hands clasped behind his back and studied the tactical plot with a critical eye, calculating how long it would take the Angel of Death to achieve orbit around the planet. He glanced at the corner of the screen and was satisfied to note that his estimate almost perfectly matched up with the logic engine’s prediction. Behind him, robed crewmen worked over their extensive sensor runes, sweeping space before them with all manners of surveyors and devices.

“Officer of the Watch, what are those objects hitting us?” demanded Tabris.

The robed Space Marine in charge looked up from his station at the Admiral on the command deck.

“Satellites, Admiral. Communications and astronomical purposes, no orbital batteries or silos detected. Forward Shields at full charge, no damage reported.” The Space Marine answered.

“I see . . . that is all,“ Tabris considered his next course of action and activated the vox communication link.

“Master of Ordnance, report now?”

The vox communication link was static for a moment until a deep voice was heard.

“Torpedoes reloaded and armed at your command, weapons and lance batteries are also at your command. Forward Bombardment cannons two and four ready at your disposal. Lord Admiral, further orders?”

“That is all,” replied Tabris and clasped his hand behind him again.

It had been almost forty-six hours since Lord Sanguinius issued the command to launch the melta torpedo spread on the planet surface. Followed by the full deployment of all battle companies onboard on the surface, according to logistics and sensors sweeps, there evidence of intense fighting on area in Japan.

“Lord Admiral.”

Tabris was shaken out of his thoughts and looked up at the main screen and nodded to his officer of the watch. The officer quickly sat down to his station and began to issue the docking instructions. Tabris knew exactly what they were and breathe a little better as their battle brothers were returning back.

“Lower the void shielding; I want the automatic defences to target each blip until identification code been given before issuing the final approach signs. Prepare the Apothecary to receive the injured and the dead.” Tabris barked out.

“Yes, Lord Admiral, everything is prepared, we are receiving the identification code now.”

Lord Admiral Tabris followed the blips representing the Blood Angel’s transport and Thunderhawk Gunships on the surveyor plot table as it left the region. An air of tense expectation hung over the bridge as they waited for the battle brothers to return from the hard fought battle as no reports of a retreat were picked up. Tabris mentally counted each blip on the surveyors. He knew how many drop ships and Thunderhawks were deployed to tackle the threat on the planet surface.

Tabris whispered a brief prayer to those who lost, as he knew without having to ask for confirmation that the numbers that were returning back to them were less than they had deployed. The Chaplains and Priests had already prepared to receive the fallen and would be given full battle honours.

“Admiral, Lord Sanguinius identification code has been confirmed and authorised. Our Lord has asked for permission to allow guests onboard the ship.”

‘Guests?’ Tabris thought surprised that his Lord has asked for his approval, He would normally do so without his approval unless . . .

“Admiral, orders, sir.”

“Permission granted. Prepare gather our senior officers in full battle gear and Honours. I shall be attending this group to meet our guests.” Tabris ordered, “Well, what are you waiting for, hell to freeze over!”

“At once, Lord Admiral!”

Tabris expression was grim. He was unsure what to expect and shook his head, now was the time to cast doubt on his Lord. He was total faith in his lord and founding father. Glancing at the main screen, he swiftly turned around and headed out to the docking bays where Lord Sanguinius Thunderhawk would be landing shortly.

Back on Nerima . . .

Somewhere in the JSDF containment zone, near the site of the Chaos gate . . .

Sergeant Taneka watched in horror unfolds in front of him. His men were shooting desperately at something lurking in the shadows. Whatever it was, its speed was phenomenal. In the first few seconds, seven of his men were killed in the most brutal fashion.

Sergeant Taneka and his men were all part of the fourth division. His orders were simple and were from the highest military level. To recover and gathering any alien weapons used in the conflict.

Everything were going smoothly, in this section of Nerima, most of the invaders were either dead or had long ago left. The sighting of red armoured giants east of their position was worrying but so far they seemed to be focusing on one sector of Nerima and were slowly withdrawing. The military command of JSDF had issued the order to use caution and discretion, labelling the armoured giants as temporary allies, whatever that means? Still, Taneka was fairly confident in his men’s ability to handle anything thrown at them until now . . .

It started when a Sergeant Taneka and his men were patrolling the northern part of the JSDF containment zone deemed safe when an ambulance suddenly appeared round the corner and crashed into a nearby shop. Taneka immediately rushed over to see anyone had survived the horrendous accident . . . it wasn’t until they opened the back doors of the ambulance van that they realised their biggest mistake.

There was one survivor and was currently making mincemeat of his men. Taneka was snapped out of his brief recollection of what happened earlier and added his own firepower at the blurred creature that had suddenly attacked them.

“SOMEONE HELP ME!” A youthful looking soldier panicked as the creature leapt at him.

Taneka threw up at the creature attacked him without mercy, ripping both his limbs clear in a flood of crimson blood.

“OH MY GOD!” A soldier cried out frantically, firing wild bursts from his machine gun at the blurred creature as it leapt at him. His fate was the same as the creature killed him in similar fashion.

It was at that point that Taneka managed to get a clear view at the creature standing over the dead soldier. It was humanoid in shape and form. The most horrifying feature of this creature was its left arm. His face couldn't be seen, his long raven hair covering his most of his face. The human monster looked up at the JSDF sergeant with a manic grin, immobilising the human soldier with fear.

Sergeant Taneka was made of sterner stuff than his men was and was able to snapped out from his sudden fear and ducked just as the human monster flew over him. Taneka rolled across and immediately turned to face the creature and without thinking let off two shots. The creature inhumanly dodged the two shots with ease like he was playing with him, dashing from left to right, almost a blur in Taneka’s mortal vision.

“DIE! DAMN YOU! DIE!” Taneka exclaimed in defiance.

Firing his remaining shots from his Colt. 45 pistol in desperation at the blurred figure before it disappeared from his field of vision. He didn’t have time to regain his breath or to reload his pistol when he felt a sudden, stab of pain in his chest. He looked down to see something wooden like a stick or sword protruding from his chest, dripping in his own blood before cold realisation swept through him and his body began to grow numb from that point outwards.

Darkness filled his vision as his collapsed to his knees and falling flat on his face. Staring down at the Taneka corpse was the tall, dark hair man dressed in blood stained white robes, his hands and face covered in the blood of his freshly killed victims. Placing his foot on the back of Taneka’s neck, the man tightened his grip around the wooden Bokken and wrenched the sword from the corpse. He then looked at his monstrous proportion clawed left hand for a moment or so, clenching and unclenching it a few times before it shifted back into its original form.

“Aksho Slaaneth Ciya’th Iakthe’ Khaa K’Khaa!” He uttered the forbidden language of Chaos.

Looking up at the grey cloudy skies, a manic grin spread across his face. His eyes were soulless and pitch black as he tilted his head back and laughed, walking away from the carnage he had caused.

XXXXX

Location: Astral planes

The beautiful silver haired Queen Serenity softly smiled. It was last mental soul link forged by Queen Serenity during the Silver Millennium where the marriage between her daughter and the Prince of Earth was broken. In the past, it was done in order for the Moon Kingdom to secure power and position from the other kingdoms.

It would have allowed the two to easily agree to marry each other considering the Prince’s notorious track record with other girls during the Silver Millennium especially the Princess of Mars.

Usagi Tsukino might not know it but she was now free to choose whomever she wants to be with because without the political power and support of the emerging super power of the Imperium in the future, the future of the royal bloodline of Serenity would be lost forever.

“It is now up to you, my daughter, your decisions will determine our future,” Serenity whispered.

The Emperor and his loyal sons would still play a part in Ranma’s future but her power of influence on the material realm was fading away, at least she knew that her daughter’s future would have a promise of hope. Plus she knew that Ranma has a considerable impression on her. She was about to leave to talk with the Emperor of Terra when . . .

“You had to interfere, didn’t you, Serenity!”

Serenity immediately spun around and gasp at whom was standing in front of her. She was completely surprised to who it was that called her.

“Everything was running perfectly . . . until you interfere. Unquestionable power, millions of servants, all you had to was to keep your nose out of it.”

Serenity took a step back at her shorter woman, her eyes narrowed at what she was clutching in her hands.

“That staff, where did you get it!” demanded Serenity angrily and she gathered her power together.

The intruder smiled evilly. “It was a gift,” she said and immediately launched an attack.

Serenity reeled back in horror as she felt a massive backwash of intense dark psychic energy. She was so caught off guard by the psyker attack that she failed to implement a mental defensive screen against the onslaught causing her to lose all consciousness.

The intruder looked down at the silver woman and smiled before leaving in thin air. She didn’t want to overstay her welcome here in this plane of existence or attract the attention of the Emperor and his sons. Killing her would achieve very little, as her death would be would be felt throughout the astral plane.

XXXXX

Location: Thunderhawk Gunship

Ranma rested his head against the thrumming internal wall of the Gunship, his hands clasped together. Ryoga and Cypher was sat either side of him, strapped in by the restraining harness as the Thunderhawk left Earth’s gravitation field.

Sanguinius was sat directly opposite the trio, his hands clasped in prayer and mediating. The Honour Guard under Sanguinius’ command sat in reverent silence, his thoughts directed to the glory of the Emperor and the guidance of their Primarch. At the far end of the crew compartment was Captain Garus.

Ryoga chuckled quietly, ignoring the stern glare from Captain Garus for disrupting the meditative atmosphere. Ranma turned to look at Ryoga with an inquisitive look.

“Erm . . . Ryoga?”

“It’s just what the winged Angel said when he asked if any of us been in space before we boarded this craft?”

“You mean Sanguinius?” Ryoga nodded.

“So what about it?” Ranma asked in a quiet tone.

“It’s just that I don’t think Akane has ever smacked you this far up?” Ryoga whispered into Ranma’s ear.

Ranma paused to think about it, trying to recall the countless attempts the tomboy tried to hit him into LEO.

“Now that you mention it, she hasn’t really, but good attempt anyway,” Ranma replied.

“Hey, Cypher, why do they have to restrain me to this wall like this?” Ryoga pointed out to the restraining bracers on his legs and arms.

“Simple, we don’t want you to get lost. I don’t think you would like wandering the empty vacuum of space.”

“Very funny, that’s a good one, now tell me why the restrains?” Ryoga asked.

“Who said I was joking,” Cypher whispered before leaning back against the wall.

Ryoga just frowned at him; he was beginning to get as annoying as Ranma.

Ranma shook his head in dismay at his two friends and stared at the thick viewing block set in the side of the Gunship.

'Can’t these guys just get along for once?' thought Ranma. He was amazed at the beauty of the blue planet he was looking at. As he was watching the blue planet, he notices something in the corner of his eyes and it wasn’t until the Thunderhawk got deeper in space when it revealed itself.

The Blood Angel Battle Barge slowly emerged out of the darkness of space, the sol sunlight reflecting off her proud hull. She was an elongated, gothic space borne leviathan with protruding warp vanes. The antenna atop the arched cathedral spire of the command deck rose from her centre and grew towards the ancient powerful warp plasma drives at her rear.

A massive golden statue of the winged Angel stood proudly on top of the cathedral. To either side of the angular prow and bombardment cannon lay the crenellated entrances to her launch bays from where Thunderhawk Gunship and boarding torpedoes could sally forth. Her entire length bristled with gargoyles wreathed weapon batteries and conventional torpedo launch bays.

“What the . . . “ Ryoga’s jaw dropped in astonishment.

“ . . . “ Ranma was stunned at what he was seeing.

Cypher noticed Ranma and Ryoga expression of awe and bewilderment before looking at the small port window to see the Blood Angels battle barge orbiting the Earth.

“Heh,” Cypher chuckled as he saw the massive Adeptus Astartes Vessel. “Never expected to see her again.”

The Blood Angels battle barge was constructed partly on a well renowned forge world before being completed in the orbital shipyard of Baal Secundus, almost eight and half millennia ago. She still displayed the trademark designs and flourishes of the Baal shipbuilders in her ornamented gothic arches surrounding her launch bays. In her long life that had been Sanguinius flagship and symbol of power, it had crossed the galaxy several times over and had fought in countless battles against foes both human and alien. It was a great loss to the Blood Angels fleet when it was reported to have disappeared without a trace during a standard warp jump.

“What do you mean by that, Cypher?” Ranma asked, managing to regain his composure after seeing such a powerful vessel. Ryoga was still staring in awe.

“According to the Solaris and Ultima Segmentum Adeptus Fleet records, the Angel of Death was officially lost during a miss - jump and was never seen again. I suppose you have something to do with this?” Cypher inquired, casting an inquisitive look at the winged Primarch.

“Perhaps,” Sanguinius replied quietly. He then rested his head back against the interior wall of the Thunderhawk and closed his eyes momentarily before replying. “Perhaps not, it is the will of the Emperor and his divine guidance.”

“Yeah, sure it is,” Cypher said with a slight hint of sarcasm, knowing that it wasn’t worth his time to inquire about it.

“Lord Sanguinius, we have received clearance for docking bay six from the Admiral.” A Space Marine officer announced on the vox speakers.

Everyone’s attention in the holding area of the Thunderhawk was looking at the view screen of the final approach with the battle barge. Ranma still couldn’t believe the sheer presence and size of the Adeptus Astartes spaceship as they got closer.

“We will be docking in approximately one minute. That is all.” The vox speakers finished as the Thunderhawk made a sharp roll to port. The craft turned inbound towards the Battle Barge the fourth land dock.

XXXXX

Location: Blood Angels Battle Barge ‘Angel of Death’

Ryoga Hibiki waved his hand before the blank, expressionless face of a servitor.

“Err . . . hello, is anyone there?” Ryoga clicked his fingers to get the attention of the bald man who seemed to be permanently hardwired into the station booth.

“Forget it, Ryoga, his altered brain is incapable of even registering your presence,” Cypher explained as he glanced at the monitor station display and saw that this station was in charge for the air condition or something like that.

“Huh . . . you mean he just a human robot?” Ryoga asked.

“More or less, you see these just merely lobotomised creatures doing what they are programmed to do, there higher brain function have been removed so they can perform their task more efficient and without question,” Cypher explained and saw the mortified look on Ryoga’s face.

“It’s better, not to think of them as human,” Cypher said and turned. Leaving him at the monitoring station for awhile. He was fascinated by the technology.

Cypher walked down the raised pathway towards the main viewing stations, which at present displayed Earth and the Moon orbiting it. Red triangles were dotted on Earth, which he recognised the indicators were in China and Japan. Cypher knew that he was being watched like a hawk by Admiral Tabris since they arrived on the Blood Angels battle barge, glancing briefly over his shoulder, he was never more than ten feet away from an armed Blood Angels Space Marine officer.

Ryoga seemed completely fascinated with spacecraft the moment he set eyes on it when they were on the Thunderhawk Gunship. Cypher couldn’t help but be suspicious and slightly paranoid as he wandered around the command deck, it had been awhile since he was onboard Adeptus Astartes ship.

Standing from a higher level, Lord Admiral Kaorus Tabris watched the two from his bridge with a look of suspicion. He then glanced down at his runic display slates laid out in front of him. His suspicions weren’t aimed at the yellow and black bandanna young man but at the dark hair robed man that accompanied the young Primarch and Sanguinius.

‘He certainly knows his way around the bridge of an Adeptus Astartes battle barge,’ thought Tabris and continued his watchful eye.

Normally Admiral Tabris wouldn’t hold this much resentment towards anyone without due reasons but there was something about him that really irked him. Just his mere presence here on the command deck was enough to cause this much resentment, which had survived countless battles and boarding attempts. Still, Lord Sanguinius had expressed quite clearly that Cypher and Ryoga were to be treated as guests. Tabris had no choice but to oblige with his Lord’s request. Tabris decided to meet Cypher face to face when he notices him making his way towards a restrictive area.

Meanwhile Cypher moved towards what seemed to be the main tactical stations through the arched transept, where more Space Marines officers worked alongside the motionless servitors. The officers turned towards him, hands resting on their bolt pistols as Cypher entered the chamber. Looking past, the two officers, he could easily see the stone rimmed plotting table in the centre of the chamber which was revealing tactical information displayed on the embedded slate. Cypher glared at the two officers from beneath his robed hood.

“This is a restricted zone, I suggest you move on for your sightseeing,” a stern voice said from behind him. Cypher looked over his shoulder to see Admiral Tabris with a slight weary expression.

“Just curious, it wasn’t like I was going to take over this ship,” Cypher replied with a slight hint of cynicism and made his way out of the arched transept.

“I seriously doubt that,” Tabris replied and waited just as Cypher was about to walk past him.

“If it wasn’t for Lord Sanguinius expressing directly that you and your companion are his guest and that no harm should come to both of you while you are onboard. You and your friend over there would have been thrown into a holding cell by now for a very long time.” Tabris grinned.

Cypher stopped and turned his head slightly to face the Admiral. He resisted the urge to punch him hard in the face, no matter how tempting it was. The Admiral was attempting to provoke him into giving him a sufficient reason for throwing them in the holding cell. Hearing the footsteps of Space Marine officers behind him, he decided to play this out calmly.

“What do you suppose you mean by that, Admiral? What charge do you base your claim?”

“Just a simple friendly warning.” Tabris said, slightly disappointed that he hadn’t fallen for the bait. “I have hard all about you, Cypher, Fallen Angel. Your crimes have not been unheard on this ship. I am well aware of your unique ability to elude the capture from the clutches of the Dark Angels Deathwing and Ravenwing Chapters. I do not know why they are so hell bent on your capture? You must be a person of some important to them for them to dedicate two entire chapters for your capture.” Tabris replied, having already requested the data slates about him, the moment he was reported on Earth.

“The past is behind me now, I highly suggest you let it be if you want to live until the next century,” Cypher replied in a sinister tone.

“Was that a threat?” asked Tabris, his hand moving slowly towards his bolt pistol that hung around his waist.

“No, just giving you some friendly advice, Lord Admiral Tabris,” Cypher replied and spotted Ryoga on the upper levels still examining several of the servitors manned stations.

“Ryoga, we’re leaving,” Cypher said and tapped on his shoulder to get his attention.

“Huh, where?”

“We going to find Ranma, then we’re getting off this ship,” Cypher suggested.

“But, I haven’t finished examining everything,” Ryoga protested. Cypher shook his head and sighed.

“Ryoga, it’s either you come with me or I’m leaving you here with these guys, your choice?”

Ryoga looked at the servitors and the imposing Blood Angels officers then at Cypher. The atmosphere on the command deck was as lively and hip as a cemetery, everyone seemed so serious thought Ryoga.

“Fine then, let’s find Ranma, you know the way from here?”

“I think so,” Cypher replied. “It’s been awhile since I was onboard of one of these ships,”

Tabris watches the two ‘guests’ leave the deck before turning to one of his officers.

“I want to know where they are going? What they are doing? Also inform Lord Sanguinius that his two guests are wandering the ship.”

“Aye, Lord Admiral.”

An Hour Later . . .

“I thought you knew your way round this ship? We aren’t lost are we?” Ryoga complained. It seemed to him that they have been walking for ages now, going from one deck to another. He really didn’t want to get lost onboard the battle barge considering the sheer size of the ship.

“No,” Cypher responded quietly.

“Oh,” Ryoga said. “Well, don’t you get that feeling . . . err . . . you know?”

“You get used to it eventually.”

“You don’t suppose they have rats in a ship like this?” Ryoga asked, changing the subject as all this endless walking was making him restless.

Ryoga looked over his shoulder to see if they were being followed. There was no one. Ryoga couldn’t help but get a sense that someone was watching them from the shadows even thought he couldn’t see them. He could feel it in recycled air.

Cypher turned his head slightly, raising a curious eyebrow at him.

“Rats?”

“Yeah, you know small furry creatures with large ears and long tails that run around on ships?” Ryoga explained.

Cypher sighed wondering what was going through his mind. “Ryoga, we are on a spaceship not an ocean going ship. Anyway if they were rats onboard, they should be the least of your concerns . . . “

“Oh,” Ryoga said, feeling slightly embarrassed. “That’s a relief. You know I seen these science fiction movies on my travels. Usually about monstrous aliens and horrible but rather lame flesh eating zombies stalking onboard spaceship.”

“And your point is?” asked Cypher, slightly confused. “You mean the Tyranids Genestealers? Perhaps infected Zombies or Mutant Cannibals, well I think those are the common creatures you usually find on derelict space hulks but not on an Adeptus Astartes ship.”

Ryoga stared at him for a moment in horror and shock. He then placed a hand on Cypher’s shoulder and chuckled.

“That’s a good one, Cypher. You almost had me there.”

Cypher was even more confused by Ryoga’s actions.

“Did I say anything funny?” Cypher asked. Confusion clearly expressed on his face.

Ryoga stopped laughing and stared at him,

“You mean you weren’t joking, those creatures are for real!”

‘Hmm . . . should I tell him or not? I really don’t want to deal with this right now,’ thought Cypher, seeing the anxious look in his eyes.

“Of course I was.” Cypher lied through his fake smile.

‘Hopefully he won’t find out until the time come. It’s best to let him believe ‘that’ reality is just a myth or urban legend,’ thought Cypher as he swiftly turned left and grinned when he saw something that caught his eye.

‘How come I don’t fully believe him,’ thought Ryoga seriously. ‘I have seen those creatures that fought in the battle in Nerima. What were they again . . . erm . . . I think they were Daemons. That’s it, Daemons.’

“Cypher?” Ryoga realised they he was by himself as he was so preoccupied with his thoughts that he didn’t realise that Cypher had already moved on. “Cypher, where the hell are you?”

“Over here.” Ryoga saw him standing at what seemed to be a display terminal that was imbedded into the wall.

So far, they have been through the armoury, the living quarters, the training square, the engine room, the tactical observational deck and the Chapel. The last part was the only thing that bothered Ryoga, as the Blood Angels didn’t seem that religious from his experience of getting lost e.g. travelling the world. They always seemed be in a state of alertness like they were expecting a battle of something.

“Hey, Cypher, don’t do that again . . . hey, what are doing?” Ryoga asked as Cypher accessed the computer interface with ease.

“A low level search, I don’t want to set off the restriction alerts or enter into any sensitive areas. They carry a penalty for accessing unauthorised material; it’s usually instant death I think.” Cypher said casually as he continued to search for the appropriate information.

“A bit harsh isn’t it?”

“That’s the way it goes, Cypher replied.

Ryoga’s face was grim. “Still, there is something creepy about this place.”

Ryoga started to wonder about his idea of what a Chaplain on Earth should do and his duties were. When he compared those church people to the Blood Angels Chaplains, he was confused. They were similar in a way like looking after the spiritual beings of their flock and to give regular seminar to enlighten them under their guidance or something. Ryoga really didn’t pay attention to the seminar nor understand what they were saying. That’s where the similarities stop.

The Space Marine Chaplains are spiritual leaders of the Adeptus Astartes and rather than support peace ways, the actually accompany their brother Space Marines into battle. Chanting liturgies and pray into kicking ass into their enemies. Garbed in black ceramite power armour and death masks, they seemed more like the Grim Reaper than the name suggest them to be.

“Well?” Ryoga stood behind Cypher impatiently and leaned against the wall. He didn’t dare let him out of sight because if he did, he would most likely become lost, doomed to wander this massive spacecraft for all eternity.

“Found it,” Cypher’s voice snapped Ryoga from his thoughts.

“Where?”

Just as Cypher was about to answer, the wall that Ryoga was leaning against suddenly open.

“Damn, wrong door.” Cypher said as he looked to his left, just in time to see Ryoga waving his arms frantically in vain attempt to stabilise himself but simply fell on his back with a loud crash.

“You okay?” Cypher said, poking his head in the doorway.

“What do you think?” Ryoga snapped angrily at Cypher. “A little help here?”

Cypher offered a helping hand and pulled him back to his feet.

“Where are we now?” Ryoga asked as soon as he turned around to see what kind of room they were in.

Inside was darkness, lit only by flickering candles, and the chill of the internal recycled air. Cypher stepped through the doorway and set foot into the sanctum of the Blood Angels. Ryoga followed him, casting wary glances everywhere. He was feeling slightly uncomfortable as they continued further into the sanctum. Cypher looked over his shoulder and noted that the strange gothic atmosphere was increasingly agitating Ryoga as he took in their surrounding.

‘I don’t like this at all,’ thought Ryoga as they stood in the centre of a large chamber, seated statues running along its length and its ceiling shrouded in darkness. Faded, war banners recounted centuries of Blood Angles history hung around the walls.

Cypher cautiously gripped the hilt of his C’Tan sword carefully hidden beneath his robes and stared at the dozen or so cryogenic sleep capsules bearing the Chapter symbol of the Blood Angels. Ryoga thought that the cryogenic capsules looked more like large sarcophagi coffins than sleeping units. Each of the sarcophagi capsules were indistinguishable apart from the life signs monitors with digital runes running up and down the screen, most likely showing the vital signs and metabolic rate. Ryoga approached the nearest sarcophagi and leaned in close to have a glimpse of what was inside.

Ryoga face turned slightly white as he saw a face of a man staring right back at him. He immediately took a few steps back in shock at seeing something unexpected.

“What is it now?” Cypher asked, wondering what had spooked him. Looking at Ryoga, he simply pointed to the sarcophagi.

“Vampires,” muttered Ryoga.

“ . . . “ Cypher sighed as he turned and walked towards the capsule was staring at.

‘Why do I have to be stuck with him,’ thought Cypher and looked over his shoulder. “Calm your overactive imagination, its going to get you killed one day.”

Cypher peering in the small viewing glass of the sarcophagi and relaxed his grip on his C’Tan sword. Glancing at the monitor, Cypher waved his face in front of the man’s face, snapping his finger to get his attention. Seeing that he got no reaction, Cypher glanced at the monitor again, noting the metabolic rate before turning around to face the startled Ryoga.

“Will you relax, Ryoga. The man is in a state of sleep. It’s sorta like a subconscious state of mediation, you see.” Cypher explained in simple terms.

“What did you actually mean when you said vampires?” Cypher asked out curiosity, looking around the entire sanctum.

He could find nothing out of the ordinary. There was the familiar stench of blood, steel and death was apparent in the air mixed with the traditional burning ceremonial incense.

“Oh come on, don’t tell me you haven’t heard what a vampire is, you know blood sucking creatures of the dark that prey on humans, scared of sunlight and sleep in coffins. Sorta like this one.” Ryoga pointed to one of the Blood Angels sarcophagus. “I heard about them during travels from the locals when I was trying to find where Nerima was, I kinda got lost somewhere in Eastern Europe, I think. Don’t you think it’s a little creepy about their name, you know the word blood?”

“Hmm . . . creatures of the warp? Blood sucking creatures . . . ” Cypher whispered, trying to find any logic in Ryoga’s statement.

‘He maybe right . . . there are rumours about the Blood Angels and their successors about the so called Red Thirst and Black Rage, but these are just rumours,’ Cypher thought seriously and looking at Ryoga.

“Well Ryoga, I don’t know what you heard,” Cypher said, pausing for a moment. “But it’s seems like you have a point, I don’t know if it’s true but the Blood Angels are rumoured to be . . . “

“Your speculations and assumptions are indeed wrong, The Blood Angels Chapter are not a bunch of debased creatures that feed on blood. We are the Emperor’s wraith,” said a deep voice behind Ryoga.

Cypher spun around to see a white robed and hooded figure standing at the doorway. His hands were hidden within the sleeves of his robes. From his bulk, it was clear to Cypher that the speaker was a Space Marine. Ryoga immediately went into a combat stance whilst Cypher remained cautious, wanting to see who it was and besides they were on a Blood Angels Battle Barge.

“You based your information on myth and rumour from people who have distorted the truth a thousand times,” the stranger said.

The stranger walked towards them and pulled back his hood and stepped forward into the dim light. His skin was the colour of ebony, his dark hair pulled back in long braids. His facial features and dark eyes were sombre. He looked up to address the startled humans.

Cypher relaxed when he saw the colour of the power armour beneath his white robes. The colour was black.

“I am Brother Chaplain Seraph of the First Blood Angels Chapter, and I bid you welcome.”

“Ryoga Hibiki.”

“Cypher,” he said, deciding to pay respect as the Chaplain had just given.

“I apologise if my words caused offence, Chaplain Seraph.” Ryoga nodded in agreement with Cypher.

The Chaplain expression remained unchanged. After a slight pause, the Chaplain nodded to Cypher that he accepted his apology.

“Yes, I have heard of your exploits during our battle against our traitorous brothers. You fought well.” Chaplain Seraph said.

Ryoga smiled at the praise from the Chaplain. “Gee . . . Thanks.”

Cypher nodded as the Blood Angels Chaplain walked past them towards the sarcophagi they were examining.

“You are the very few ‘guests’ who have seen this before,” Chaplain Seraph said and placed his hand on the sarcophagi.

“What are they exactly?” asked Ryoga, wanting to know what these sarcophagi shaped pods were. The Chaplain turned around to face them and nodded.

“Very well, since you asked. The Blood Angels have a habit of sleeping whenever possible in the sarcophagi that created them. We believe that in doing so, we are cleansed and purified so that we can prepare to fight in the name of the Emperor.” Seraph explained slowly. “I can see why you assume what they might be used for . . . still it is untrue. What was it you say they were used for?”

“Vampires,” Ryoga said. “You know, the blood sucking creatures after your blood.” He repeated.

Cypher was quiet as he remembered something he had heard during his dark times. Apparently Inquisitor Garillion has witnessed these strange traits when he visited the fortress monastery on Ball.

“Ah, yes . . . Vampires.” Seraph thought for moment before shaking his head slightly.

“Is there something wrong?” Ryoga asked, seeing the deep look of regret in his eyes.

“It’s nothing . . .”

Seraph paused to look directly into Ryoga’s eyes before turning and marched from the chamber, leaving them to follow.

“What’s up with him?” Ryoga asked Cypher and notice he was examining the edges of the empty sarcophagi.

“Cypher?” Ryoga waved a hand in front of him.

“Huh . . . what is it?” Cypher replied.

“You were a bit out there?” Ryoga explained. “Is there something wrong?”

“No . . . it’s nothing,” Cypher replied. Thought he could see Ryoga was not convinced by his answer. Cypher’s gaze followed the Blood Angles Chaplain as he continued onwards through the darkness of this Battle Barge. Seraph turned around and beckoned them onwards.

“Come, Lord Sanguinius is expecting you.

“Come on, we wasted enough time here, let’s find Ranma and get this damn ship.”

XXXXX

Location: Daemon World. Nemesis Citadel

Two powerful servants of the Chaos Gods remained hidden in the shadows of the dark corridors. The first was the Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, M’Kachan. He was standing outside a large carved window and observed the hordes of Daemon warriors gathering outside the citadel. His warp staff out before him, faint traceries of quicksilver glittered in the air around as the daemons and the warp obeyed his command. Despite his evidence and concentration, he glanced towards his companion standing directly opposite him and grinned in an evil fashion.

His companion was the Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, who was standing there in a slightly less amuse stance. His fours arms were crossed as snorted at M’Kachan display.

“Have you notice that a certain pigtailed Primarch has grown from a small thorn in our side to a curved dagger in our back? He is becoming more of a threat to our plans. We must deal with this threat before it is too late.”

M’Kachan glanced over his shoulder. “Are you scared, N’Kari?”

N’Kari snorted and looked over towards the dark sphere of darkness. “Not really, just stating the obvious really.” N’Kari replied with a faint hint of mocking.

M’Kachan smiled pleasantly whilst giving him a glare of intense hatred. “Neither Ranma or Sanguinius will not be a problem I can assure you of that, they are already fated to Tzeentch plans and no one has ever succeeded in breaking his master plan. So you see, N’Kari, we have nothing to worry about.”

N’Kari raised his clenched fist to his mouth. “(Cough) . . . The Emperor . . . (Cough) . . . Horus Heresy . . . (Cough)”

M’Kachan whipped around towards the Daemon Prince of Slaanesh. “What was that, N’Kari?”

N’Kari looked up and put up a face of innocence.

“Nothing . . . just had to get something off my chest.” He replied calmly despite receiving an intensifying glare.

M’Kachan rolled his eyes and sighed. “What ever you say, N’Kari. Just remember that it was not I who agreed to this co-operation pact, it was our masters. I rather see you have a dagger in your back than stand the sight of you.”

“The feelings mutual, M’Kachan.” N’Kari grinned. “It depends on whose gets to stab first.”

M’Kachan turned back and muttered something quietly. “Not unless I get you first.”

Deep within the fortification of the Daemon Citadel . . .

Several large stone slabs dominated the darkened room, heavy brass shackles secured to their surface. Blood, fetid water and other oily substances soiled every surface of the chamber. Vials of bubbling liquid sat on shelves next to piles of rusted and tarnished blades and needles. Dirty bottles filled several bookcases, containing all manners of foul creatures and organs. The walls were over covered with numerous layers of paper; each filled with insensible diagrams and scratchy words. Several empty cages were scattered around the chamber.

A white haired wrinkled old man emerged from the shadows and slowly made his way towards far side of the chamber where his personal study was. In his right hand was a long and thin rust red stick with a skull head emblem at one end. On his back was a complex part magical, part technological device, which was permanently attached to his spine. Protruding out of the device was several spidery limbs over his shoulder. Each limb had either a blade instrument or some sort of needle filled with unknown substances. Closely following the old man who referred to himself as the Primogenitor were two sub human creatures, servants carrying his equipment.

The Primogenitor pulled out a chair. He then sat down and placed his walking stick like needle on the table. Looking up, he slowly reached for leather bound book. He then proceeded to write something down in the book. He reached for his quill pen and dipped it into a vial of ink. Normally he would allow his servitor skulls to do the writing for him but this book required his personal touch. As he was writing, he paused for a moment and turned his gaze at his servants.

"Bring her in . . . I want to see what she knows but do NOT harm her. I have a feeling that she will be more use to us alive rather than dead." The Primogenitor said in a hushed whisper before turning his attention back to his book.

A moment passed . . .

"Well? What are you waiting for?" he asked without turning around as he could sense the presence of his two servants was still there.

"Master, which one?" One of them said crudely as they bowed before their creator.

The Primogenitor paused in his writing.

"The brown haired girl that we captured in Nerima, the one who is currently subdued from when she tried to escape our grasp." He answered. "Now go before I grow tired of your stupidity and have you blown to pieces again."

"Yes, Master!" The two servants nodded and bowed as they walked out of the chamber.

The Primogenitor rubbed his temples. 'Mental note to self, make better servants,' he thought as he continued his work but was soon interrupted when he felt another presence in the room.

"M'Kachan, I know you are there," he said while he continued on with his work.

A humanoid figure materialised only a few feet away from the old man. The figure had a human appearance of a late twenties man with blond hair. In his hands was a long three-foot staff which had daemonic runes imbedded into it. He was wearing a dark purple and black robe with gold and silver chains hanging off his body bearing the mark of Tzeentch. Imprinted on his robes were more icons of Chaos and Tzeentch.

"I'm just curious, just how you knew I was here?" he asked the old man, taking a step forward.

The old man smirked but made no attempt to face his visitor, "Oh, I have my ways . . . all of your kind are so predicable, you honestly expect to get one over me?"

M'Kachan grinned, "Well, it was a worth a shot . . . so how are you?"

The old man slightly paused in his writing before continuing on, "Cut the pleasantries, M'Kachan . . . you are only here because of him."

M'Kachan was a bit annoyed of being found out so easy but didn't convey his annoyance on his face. Perhaps, he was losing his touch he thought quietly to himself.

"All right, you win, old man. How is the patient?" M'Kachan asked quietly.

The man stopped and slowly turned around with a sly grin on his face, "That's for me to know and you to go off and kiss the Emperor's hand. Now be gone, I'm expecting someone to come in here very soon."

M'Kachan glared at the old man, "I'm going to pretend that I didn't here that, remember, old man that once your work here is done. You better pick carefully where you step in the future."

"Is that a threat?" he asked, showing absolutely no emotion or fear.

M'Kachan grinned, "Just some friendly words of advice." He said before stepping back and dematerialising into nothing.

"Asshole, I don't know why I'm doing this for them, they‘re going to go back on our deal the first chance they get," the old man muttered to himself and began to think about his situation for a moment.

He then grinned evilly after a sudden thought came into his mind. "Maybe some sort of insurance is required . . . perhaps some leverage is in order," he whispered and turned around and continuing his book.

'Hmm . . . Ranma Saotome . . . you alone hold the vital piece of the Emperor's puzzle that will unlock the secrets in creating the ultimate warp entity ever known.'

TBC . . .

XXXXX

Author Note: Enjoy the chapter, finally done now . . . been busy with real life and other things like Dawn of War, Grand Theft Auto: SA and work.

Character Profile: Sanguinius – Primarch of the Blood Angels

Angron was the first Primarch to join Horus in revolt against the Emperor, for Angron knew Horus as a brother and supported the Warmaster in demanding a new order of discipline and martial value as the only way to save mankind from destruction. Once the rebellion turned into full scale civil war Angron and the World Eaters were drawn into bloodier and bloodier conflicts. He realised too late that instead of saving the Imperium they were destroying it, but his pride prevented him withdrawing from the war and his good intentions became his downfall as he was drawn into the embrace of Chaos.

The World Eaters had always been the most savage and warlike Space Marines and Angron led them in the worship of Khorne, god of war and bloodshed. Though Angron's loyalty to the Imperium was once exemplary, Khorne appealed to his honour and martial pride more than the Emperor ever could. As a Champion of Khorne Angron led the World Eaters through some of the greatest and bloodiest battles of the Horus Heresy, including the assault on the Imperial palace. When the Heresy failed and Horus was slain, Angron and his World Eaters battled halfway across the galaxy to reach the Eye of Terror and the Daemon world Khorne had prepared for them.

Khorne has wrought many changes in Angron during the Primarch's service. Angron is now a hulking, muscular giant with skin the colour of spilt blood. His face is bestial and fang filled, his eyes milky white without iris or pupil. Angron fights with a mighty Chaos blade of black glowing iron etched with runes of doom and destruction. His voice is like the roaring of a mighty storm and mortals quail at his approach...
Source - (Renegades 1992) Index Astartes II Worldeaters

A lot of thanks to main pre readers Holy Knight, Xerxez, Arbyfish and Random Tasking for proof reading this chapter . . . cheers! And yes, I know it was a lot to read.
The Administration will accept all comments and constructive criticism.

The Inquisition will purge all flames with righteous fury.

Please transmit all encoded comments to: pnmonty@hotmail.com

Version 1.0 22/08/04
Version 2.0 16/11/04