Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium's End ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

***End of the Silver Millennium - AS (After Serenity) 1***

"Sir, we're entering Pluto's orbit in thirty seconds."

The man, obviously in command, nodded to his officer at the helm and said, "Contact Charon Castle for permission to dock and re-supply. I want to contact Serenity and tell her we'll be arriving in the next twelve hour."

His communications officer grinned as he replied, "No problem, sir. Shall I tell them of your little surprise?"

The man at the captain's chair shook his head, a small whip of his hair shaking behind him like a tail, while grinning back. "Nah... We'll leave it as a surprise. Maybe little Serenity would enjoy it as much as her mother..."

The helmsman suddenly shouted a curse as he checked his readings, entering Pluto orbit. "Sir! We've just entered Pluto's orbit... and Charon's not here!"

"WHAT?!" The commander exclaimed, standing up. "Yellow Alert! Any signs of combat?"

His science officer checked her readings and shook her head. "Sir, it doesn't seem like there were any types of battle. In fact, the Gate doesn't seem to be on Pluto as well, and you know that the gate is linked directly into the planet, so I'd hazard a guess that both are only out of synch and not destroyed."

Falling back onto his command chair, the man lifted and arm and scratched the back of his head, ruffling his black hair slightly, trying to figure out this mystery. "Whatever the reason, it seems that the entire system is on highest alert. What about long range scans? Can they contact any of the other castles?"

The communications officer glanced at the science officer, who merely nodded before changing a few settings on the screen in front of her. The communications officer then tapped a few buttons, but was rebuked by one of those `error' sounds.

"I'm sorry, sir, but the entire network is unreachable. Either all castles have been abandoned and shut down..." He did not complete the sentence, as the alternative was a grim fate to face.

For a moment, everyone on the bridge was quiet as they contemplated what could have happened to create this situation. The commander sat in his seat, a frown on his face as he commanded his helmsman, "Set course for Saturn. If there's anything, we should find it there."

"Aye, captain."

===============================================================< /div>

"No..."

The captain stared at the planet Saturn in disbelief. Castle Titan was not online, and there was only one reason for it not to be: Sailor Saturn was not within it. Closing his blue eyes, he slowly sat back down, digesting what this means.

Unlike any of the other Senshi Castles, Castle Titan was not only the Castle for hold the Senshi Guardians, but it was also ran and operated by Saturn herself. While sealed within its depths, Saturn controlled the entire Castle through her powers and will alone, allowing excess energy to bleed harmlessly out of her body and constructively.

For her to be outside would mean disaster of epic proportions. For her Castle to be not destroyed yet her still being outside, it would mean she was summoned by the three Talisman holders: The Outer Senshi. For them to summon Saturn...

Shaking his head to clear his mind, he barked out the order he's dreaded since finding the system was on alert.

"Set course directly to the Palace. Full speed."

===============================================================< /div>

They reached the Moon's orbit at sunset, Lunar time.

Many of the officers were openly weeping at the sight that greeted them. Where there were once majestic geysers and buildings, there were devastation and destruction. Almost none of the pillars that once stood in front of the palace were standing, and dried blood littered the ground like sand.

However, there were no bodies. None, except one.

It was obvious that the residual magic had preserved the entire capitol as it was after the invasion. While this was the only `city' on the entire Lunar surface, none of the colonies on other planets would still be left if they managed to breach the silver shield that normally protected it, as they powered the shield. Only Earth, the remaining planet that did not have its planetary ecosystem destroyed, would naturally hold life now.

As the sadden crew salvaged whatever was left in the capitol, the Commander solemnly walked up to the white dressed figure, seemingly only asleep, and knelt down besides her.

Night has fallen, yet the pace of activity from the ship to the palace only lightened slightly. If someone was watching, they would only see two silhouettes close to each other: One leaning by a wall, the other kneeling right beside the first.

"Why didn't you call me, foolish white queen?" He asked, brushing off a stray piece of hair from the face. "I would have returned immediately if you only called."

She didn't answer. She can't answer.

"Why?" He angrily asked, his eyes tearing up. "Why did this happen? Why did it happen to you?"

He suddenly lunged forwards, enveloping the dead queen with heart wrenching sobs and burying his head under her silver hair. "Why did I have to be away? Why? Why?! WHY?! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!!"

His cry slowly echoed through the now silent moon. His crew knew better to interrupt him. It was a moment reserved only for the Commander and his wife.

===============================================================< /div>

Millennium's End

A Fanfic by Adyen

Prologue

===============================================================< /div>

Author's Notes: I really shouldn't start new fics when I haven't finished ones from before, but this idea just stuck me as something interesting and I couldn't shake it off. My disclaimer is in my bio, so if you really want to know what it is, go read it there! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!