Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Princess of the Moon ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Notes: Ragen Fragen Grumble Fricken…Ever since I started this project I’ve been using this Sailor Moon episode guide that gave names and pictures for the Youma used in the series. Now the blasted thing seems to have gone the way of the Do Do. I can’t be as accurate as I used to be because I can’t find an alternitave. Everything I find is for the live action show instead. I’m rather irritated at this because I can’t be as accurate as I like to be.

>_<

oooooooooo
Princess of the Moon
Chapter 14
By Cory D. Rose
© 2005
oooooooooo

The early afternoon weather was turning bad as Ranma raced across the rooftops and sent several bits fleeing before her. Before the stupid curse removed her manhood, Ranma had really liked walking along in the rain. The feel of the water on 'his' skin as he moved, fought, or ran had always made him feel alive.

After the curse though, she tended to ignore the stuff and didn't take much pleasure in it anymore. So Ranma just glared at the sky as she ran, bouncing from one house to another with the ease of long practice. She really didn't want to get wet either, so she increased her speed.

As she sailed over an alley way though, she caught sight of something that caught her attention. She came to a stop on top of the nearest house, reversed direction, and landed on the wall next to the alley. Several large boys were crowding around someone, a girl in a dress.

"Now listen to me, slit, I don’t care if you think my brother owes you one yen or a million. Ya ain't getting anything, understand." One of the thugs said to the girl. The others all looked mean and cracked their knuckles.

The girl stood stiffly and glared at the boy for insulting her. This made the boys all laugh and insult the girl even more. Ranma was sure if he didn’t interfere this would turn into something bad. She would have to make sure the girl didn’t end up being another victim.

Ranma couldn't tell who it was, but didn't really care either. She hopped into the alley way, picked up a small rock, and tossed it at the bully's head. The bully turned around along with all the other boys. Ranma glared at him and could tell just from the way he moved that the moron wouldn’t be a challenge at all.

"Ranma!" The girl said and peaked around the large boy's back.

"Well hi there Nabiki-chan." Ranma said, smirking a little. "What's up?"

"These jerks owe me money and wont pay it."

“Really?”

“The slit isn’t getting anything.” The lead bully snarled, pulling a knife.

Ranma reached down to pick up a loose brick from the wall and held it up for all of them to see. She didn’t say anything as they all looked confused, but then smirked as she casually crushed it with her bare hands while staring the big one right in the eyes. Brick dust fell the ground as Ranma dusted her hands off. "There we go. Now, who wants to fight little ol'me first?"

Tapping the bully on the back, Nabiki held out her hands. "Two hundred and fifty Thousand yen please. Or my friend will get rough."

The yen appeared in Nabiki's hand as the boy's seemed to teleport right out of the area, screaming. Ranma just laughed and watched them run for their lives. Of course Nabiki counted her money and quickly put it in her school bag. Then she moved over to Ranma, grabbed the red head's face, and proceeded to give her a passionate kiss.

"Umph!" Ranma said, frozen in shock.

Smirking, Nabiki broke the kiss nearly a minute later. "There, thanks for the help cutie."

Ranma's pig tail was sticking straight back away from her head, which made Nabiki just laugh. "Uh…what?"

"Thanks for the help, those guys were really going to hurt me. That was your reward for saving me, again. You’re really making a habit out of that aren’t you?"

Shaking her head, Ranma nodded a couple of times before she smirked a little. "I see. You know I may have to pay you back for that."

"Oh really?" Nabiki said, still smiling.

Ranma made as if to reach out and grab Nabiki, but she backed up. Then Ranma smirked at her. "There we go."

"You missed completely."

Ranma held up a small crumpled piece of cloth and let it unravel, into a pair of white panties. "I learned a new trick yesterday."

Paling, Nabiki checked her underwear. "No way!"

"Hmm, I knew you were small, but this is unexpected." Ranma said as she checked the little label on the panties.

"No &$#@ing way!"

"Now what should I do with these? Keep them for a souvenir perhaps?"

Nabiki made a grab for her panties, but Ranma pulled her arm away and laughed. "Give those back!"

"But, they're so cute." Ranma said as he stretched out the little band.

"Ranma!" Nabiki growled.

Ranma laughed and tossed them back to Nabiki. "That was fun."

"Fun!?"

"Yep, want to play again?"

This made Nabiki's hair stand on end as she jumped back and wrapped her arms around her chest. "No way!"

"So you are you on your way back to the dojo?" Ranma asked to distract the girl and change the subject.

Nabiki nodded, relaxing a little. "I was just collecting some money that people owed me. Where have you been anyway?"

"Around." Ranma said with a shrug. "I'm currently thinking of buying this house on the outskirts of Nerima and Juban."

"Those houses are expensive."

Ranma nodded. "A bit, but I can cover it easily."

Nabiki's heart sped up as she realized that her savior was a lot better off than she thought. She had butterflies in her stomach suddenly and had to resist the urge to giggle. Money always made her weak in the knees. "Have you picked out an actual house?"

"Yep, this small one story house with a large back yard with lots of trees, bushes, paths, and even a small river. There's this massive tree in the back yard that has to stand nearly three hundred feet high."

"The old Yashada place. It's been sealed tight for nearly forty years. It doesn't even have electricity or plumbing."

This just made Ranma shrug as they started walking out of the alley. "No problem, I can take care of things like that."

They headed deeper into Nerima, in the general direction of the dojo. "What else are you doing?"

"Training. I met this old martial arts grand master that agreed to teach me. I took my evaluation test yesterday. Blasted thing took almost ten straight hours."

"That's great." Nabiki didn't have a clue why a simple evaluation would take ten hours. She was just glad to be talking to Ranma again.

"Is my idiot parent still at your place?"

"Yeah, he eats enough food for five people too. Sis is starting to get tired of cooking these giant meals for him."

Ranma nodded. "Yeah, pops as this bottomless stomach. I bet he steals food from your plates too."

"Yep, I've lost five pounds since he showed up." Nabiki grumbled.

Ranma laughed. "Well it made you look very good."

"You want me to kiss you again?"

Ranma just smirked. "Just a compliment. No need for threats."

"Oh really?" Nabiki said, smiling again.

"Yep." Ranma said, holding up Nabiki's bra. "Now this thing…"

The Middle Tendo daughter was gaping at him. "How did you do that?"

"It's easier when the subject isn't paying attention." Ranma admitted. "It's actually a weapon theft technique, but Master Happosai found that it a lot more fun to take clothing instead."

Nabiki grabbed her bra and stuffed it in her bag with her panties. Now she was really feeling exposed and it gave her a naughty thrill. Of course she knew Ranma was only teasing her or she would have to deck her one, but right now it was fun to play.

"Can we be friends Ranma?"

"I thought we were?" Ranma said, sounding confused.

Glomp! Nabiki hugged her suddenly, and then blushed and let go. "I don’t really have friends Ranma."

"We all have friends."

"No, I have people I know and hang around with at certain times. Friendship has never come into it."

"Well you can come over to my house when I buy it officially and meet a couple of my other friends." Ranma said as they stopped at the corner just down the street from the dojo. "This is as far close as I want to get to the dojo or I'll end up getting in another fight."

Nabiki nodded. "I think my sister might like to meet you again as well"

"Which one? The one that tried to attack me?"

"Nope. My older sister, Kasumi. She always likes it when a guest drops by for a visit."

Ranma shook her head. "Maybe, but only when my parent isn't there. You and Kasumi can both come over to my house sometime though, it'll be fun."

"Alright, it's a plan."

"I'll see you around." Ranma said as she was just about to jump to the roof of a nearby house, but then something had to happen.

“You!” An angry female voice screamed.

Ranma spun around to see Nabiki’s sister Akane racing towards them. She heard Nabiki groan in exasperation and mutter something. Akane growled as she reached them and threw a punch right at Ranma’s face.

“I’ll teach you to mess with my family!” She snarled.

Cocking her head to the side, Ranma easily avoided the punch. He did noticed a slight improvement in her form though and figured someone must have been training the girl. “What can I do for you, tomboy?”

This just made Akane lose it even more and she dropped her book bag and started throwing punches. Ranma ducked, dodged, and casually blocked everything the girl had to throw. “Man, you are slow.”

“Stay away from my sister!”

“And you have a one track mind.” Ranma commented and smirked.

A red aura formed around Akane. This impressed Ranma a little, that is until he realized that the girl couldn’t control her own Ki. The amount of Ki was a surprised, but it was just burning off into the air and being wasted. Stepping out of the way of a super fast punch, Ranma noticed that Nabiki was trying to get Akane’s attention.

“Akane, please, stop fighting. Ranma hasn’t done anything to me. She saved my life.”

Fueled by her blind rage, Akane didn’t hear a word of it. Instead she started a punch and kick combination. To avoid it, Ranma just bounced off the girl’s head with a laugh and landed several feet away. “Way to slow girl.”

Akane growled.

“I see you’re built like brick too.”

Akane’s snarled.

“Nope, you’re a sexless tomboy!” Ranma yelled.

Akane screamed and threw out a blinding fast punch, right into a wall. It exploded around her fist, sending stone and masonry everywhere. Ranma casually batted bits of stone out of the air and tapped Akane on the back of the neck. She collapsed to the ground with a little whimper.

Ranma cocked her head from side to side. “Never was much of a challenge. Someone has been teaching her though.”

“Ryoga.” Nabiki said.

“Oh?”

Nabiki nodded. “Yeah, the Lost Boy has been teaching her his style.”

“No wonder. Ryoga was always a power fighter and the style does fit your sister. The style takes a lot of endurance though, something she doesn’t have yet.”

The middle sister nodded, recalling how after each session with Ryoga ended up with Akane unconscious on the floor from exhaustion. “She’s improving though.”

They heard a sound and turned to see and old man looking out the hole in the wall from the other side. Nabiki sighed and nodded to the man. “Hello Mr. Ikasha.”

“Nabiki.” The old man said, glancing at Ranma. “Did you do this?”

Ranma shook her head. “No, Akane did.”

“I thought as much. Her hand is broken after all.”

This made both of them look down at Akane and noticed that her hand wasn’t in the best of shape. Nabiki cursed, causing the old man to chuckle a little. “I’ll pay for the damages Mr. Ikasha.”

“Your word is always good Nabiki. Get to it when you can and make your sister come over her to rebuild the wall herself, that way she can appreciate other people’s property more.”

Nabiki nodded as the old man bowed and headed back into his house. Then Nabiki grabbed Akane’s arm and dragged her into a fireman’s carry. “I need to get her to Doc Tofu. Will you be alright Ranma?”

“No problem, you need me to help you?”

“Naw, if you’re around, sis might lose it again. As you can see, she still hasn’t gotten over what you did to her.”

“Feh, she needs to learn how to lose.”

“That’s one lesson that Akane has never learned. Father coddled her during training and never even showed her the advanced moves of our school.”

“Oh?”

Nabiki nodded. “I overheard dad and Mr. Saotome talking one night when they were drunk. They were sparing in the dojo, breaking everything in sight and dad mentioned it in passing. Said he wished Akane had been a boy so he could pass everything on to her, but they needed a male heir to do that.”

This made Ranma snort. “Typical. Pops once told me that women make a martial artist weak and that they were useless. After I got my curse he said some things to me that…” Ranma shook her head.

“I think dad is going to offer the school to Ryoga since him and Akane get along so well.”

“Best of luck there.” Ranma said as she hopped onto the wall and looked down at Nabiki. “I’ll contact you when I get settled and you can come over.”

“I’d like that.”

Smiling, Ranma raced down the wall, jumped to a nearby roof, and raced away. Nabiki watched the red headed girl vanish into the distance and sighed. She really wondered when life had become so complicated. It didn’t help that her little sister seemed to be to stupid to understand that Ranma could break her like a twig.

The girl always got in over her head. Grumbling under her breath, Nabiki headed for Tofu’s clinic and hoped Akane would wake up in a better mood. Standing just down the block, in the shadow of a tree, Ryoga was hoping the same thing. The more he saw Ranma in action, the more he realized that she was on a completely different level of skill.

He growled in frustration, but figured it would be a good idea to tell the old men that Nabiki seemed to be friends with Ranma. It might get him some special training if he worked it right. Grabbing his bag, he took a step and wondered how he had ended up on the beach and eyed the water warily.

oooooooooo

Every other day Makoto Kino would leave her apartment a little before noon and run five miles. She was smiling as she neared the end of her run as she thought of Ranma. It was rare for her to find a sensei like Ranma and she didn’t want to lose the opportunity.

Already she was becoming proficient with reaching her center while moving and could hold it for several minutes. One of the areas she had noticed the largest change was on her morning runs. She used to struggled through them and end up nearly exhausted by the end.

Now she could run five miles quicker than normal and she wasn’t half as tired when she finished. This allowed her to train her martial arts skills as well. When she was centered she could feel more power in her punches and kicks. Natsumi and Karumi had mentioned something similar to her, but never got around to showing her.

For the first time in years she was feeling like a real martial artists again and it made her feel good. All that work and training was finally starting to pay off. She ran around a corner and spotted a small foot cart.

"Hi." Makoto said as she stopped next to the small cart and glanced at the guy running the cart.

"Hey, What can I get for you?" The cute guy asked. His long black hair was tied back in a long pony tail.

Smiling, Makoto scanned the menu sitting on the counter. "I'll have a Bacon Okonomiyaki please."

"Coming right up, sugar."

Glancing around the cart, Makoto noticed that it was well used and in very good shape. "I've never seen you around her before."

"I'm just passing through." The guy said, his hands moving in a blur as he prepared her order. He finished it and sat it before Makoto seconds later, while it was still sizzling.

"I haven't had this in a long time."

"I make the best." He said, smiling easily.

"Mmmm." Makoto said. "So where are you headed, if you don't mind me asking. I'm Makoto Kino by the way."

"Ukyo Kuonji and I’m looking for someone actually."

"Oh? Who?"

"A jerk by the name of Ranma Saotome. He's in the area somewhere and I've got to find him and avenge my honor." Ukyo explained, absently bending one of her spatulas in half as she growled Ranma's name.

"I don't know any guys by that name." Makoto said.

"He and his father are good at hiding."

Makoto just nodded as she finished off her food. "Well I know a girl with the name Ranma though."

Ukyo's head snapped up. "A girl?"

"Yep, my newest sensei actually."

"You don't say? Any chance I could meet her? Maybe she could point me the male Ranma's direction."

"I guess, but I'm not sure she can help."

"It's a mater of honor, sugar." Ukyo insisted.

Makoto shrugged. "I'm meeting up with Ranma here in a couple of days at the park near my apartment."

"Sounds perfect, if it doesn’t turn up anything I can always sell some food while I'm there. Martial arts lessons always build up an appetite."

Laughing, Makoto just nodded and gave the cute guy directions to the park. She also took a second to innocently leave her own phone number, her name, some stats, and a little smiley face. He looked so much like he old boyfriend.

Neither of them noticed a shadow glide down and land on top of a nearby wall. It folded its wings back and padded with feline grace down the wall. It watched both of them as they talked and sniffed the air.

Seconds later the tall girl ran off to finish her run and the flying cat launched into the air. The girl wasn’t the target, but the target had been near her recently. It launched into the sky and followed the girl until she went home.

oooooooooo

The next day, the sun was just cresting the horizon as the rain started to fall across the city. Dark clouds hovered high in the sky as lightning jumped from cloud to cloud with a thunderous noise that echoed across the city. It sent blonde haired girls running for cover, screaming in fear.

This didn’t bother Ranma to much as she sat at the edge of her hotel bed studying the two scrolls Happosai had given her. She was wearing a black muscle t-shirt that barely contained her breasts and a pair of plain white panties. She was awake this early in the morning for once reason only.

Her Ki was boiling again. Earlier as she slept it had tried to flare out of her control, but she had woken up and quickly regained control. Ranma was glad that something as dangerous and subtle as that could wake her up, or the whole room would have gone up in flames. She could still feel heat wafting off the bed though.

That was ten minutes ago.

She could have transformed into Starfire, where she suspected she might have perfect control, but she wanted to avoid that right now. There was no way she was going to be dependent on her magic to control her Ki. She would bring it under her control by force of will if she had to.

So she studied the two scrolls with a rare intensity. Ranma was still surprised that something so simple was supposed to bring her more control, but on the other hand, it made sense. The first technique would allow her to alter the energy around her while the second showed her how to take her Ki and tie it into a loop.

This would force her to use a small amount of Ki, constantly draining her Ki, but at a slow enough pace that it could be regained naturally. Or by drawing it out of the very air. Just like Happosai’s panty theft technique. Ranma just shook her head at the simplicity of it. How a pervert could come up with something like this was unreal.

There were even several suggestions on what to use the Ki for. One for enhancing strength, or speed, or even the senses. Ranma wasn’t a slouch and decided that she would do them all. Each one for a few days or weeks, depending on how well they worked. They wouldn’t have been suggested if they didn’t work after all and eventually she could do them all at once.

Rolling to her feet, Ranma tossed the scroll on the bed and let her battle aura flare out. A soft white glow filled the room, and then over the next half hour she slowly wove the Ki around her body in a web like pattern. By the time she was halfway through, her aura was humming with suppressed power.

Ranma ignored it as she finished setting the first technique and felt the shift in her Ki instantly. She grit her teeth as the floor groaned beneath her. Muscles straining, Ranma just grinned as her weight suddenly quintupled. She also felt her Ki relax as the drain started and the energy flow stabilized.

Releasing a large breath she took a few minutes to get used to the feeling of added weight. Her Ki was swirling through and around her body increasing her weight by five times. She could see her muscles straining against the weight just by lifting her arms.

“Wicked!” Grinning, she threw a few punches and kicks. Working out like this was going to do wonders.

Ranma relaxed and focused once more. She started on the second technique after glancing at the scroll one more time. This one required that she ‘tie off’ the weave created by the first technique, but it had be done in a certain way. This one took her about twenty minutes to pull off, but once it started Ranma was able to relax completely.

The second technique allowed her Ki to keep flowing even without her conscious thought. Her whole body was straining against the weight now, making her muscles really stand out. According to the scrolls this would only last as long as it took her to get used to added weight. The strain on her body was simply incredible.

She could then increase as time went on if she wanted to. Thus, allowing her to get stronger and stronger without over straining her body and joints. Well so long as she concentrated. She grinned a little and walked around the room a few times. Her Ki wasn’t boiling anymore now that she was using it and Ranma thought that she could already tell that her reserves were getting bigger.

Though there was no way that could happen that quickly, it would take a few days for her to notice any differences at all. All that extra weight would also be hard on floors and rooftops though, so she would have to also concentrate on move lightly. This was the kind of training that would push her to whole new levels.

‘This is going to be interesting.’ She thought to herself. This, along with everything else she did on a daily basis would be one hell of a learning experience. Thinking light, she pulled her pack from subspace and sat it next to the bed.

After digging around for a few seconds she pulled out her regular pants, a black silk shirt, and more underwear. After a few more minutes of thought she also pulled out an item she didn’t care for to much. A hair band. As much as she hated to wear girly things, a promise to Cologne made some time ago, forced her wear such things occasionally.

Even Usagi tried to get her to wear them at times. No one could refuse the cuteness of Usagi, ever. Usagi had bought her this particular hair band because Ranma was an admitted tomboy at heart. It was black with what Usagi called the cutest little skulls she had ever seen.

She sat it on the bed next to her shirt. Shucking her sweat soaked t-shirt and panties, she turned and strolled over to the bathroom to take a shower. Just before she reached the bathroom she heard the floor groan and realized she wasn’t moving lightly.

Frowning a little Ranma realized that a skill that was once instinctive wasn’t going to work as well as it used to. She would have to focus a little harder until it became habit with her new weight. This had an interesting effect on her body. Her breasts, already large, were so heavy that they nearly pulled her to the floor.

However, when she focused on being light they would spring back into position on her chest, wobbling around, lightly. She could tell that it was going to be a while before she achieved a proper balance with the techniques, but wasn’t to worried. Ranma wasn’t in much of a hurry, so she took a really hot shower, washed her hair, and scrubbed every inch of her body.

After getting out of the shower, the little room was full of steam, so she sat down on the floor and meditated for another hour. Slowly letting the air cool her down and dry her body. It gave her a good chance to put in some actual meditation practice.

Then she walked out, over to the bed, and quickly got dressed. The all black outfit was in different shades of black and the magical forearm bracers really stood out. Leaving her still damp hair loose, she used the hair band to pull it back into a simple ponytail just like Makoto used.

Ranma wasn’t sure what to think of the style though. She liked the fact that the hair was out of her face, but at times it would whip around and bat her in the face. Once she was completely dressed, she quickly left through the window.

oooooooooo

Gendo Saotome scowled as he moved down the hallway. He was in an area that he didn’t have clearance for, but that didn’t matter. There was a job to do and it would reward him with even more power and all he needed to do was find the identities of some girls.

Easy as pie. He smirked a little as he spotted a guard standing next to a plain looking door. As with most things in Tokyo, things were never what they appeared to be. The guard was eying him dangerously. The rifle on his back could come around and shoot him faster than Gendo could say anything if he made a mistake.

“I’ve got permission to enter the archive.”

The guard scowled at him.

Gendo slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out a small yellow slip of paper. The guard couldn’t tell, but the paper glowed with magical power that non magical people couldn’t see. So the guard couldn’t react as the paper flared and sent a wave of yellow energy throughout the hall.

Freezing the guard in place, the rifle halfway off his shoulder. Gendo sighed as he eyed the guard and figured he had about ten minutes of nul-time before the spell ran it’s course. It was a good thing he knew what he was looking for. He edged around the guard, opened the door, and came face to face with three more guards, all of them pointing guns at him.

Gendo nearly wet himself, but then he noticed that they weren’t moving either. Smirking, he ducked around them and moved through the archive. The file he was looking fore was in the classified section. It was an area that wasn’t seen by many people. Almost a hundred filing boxes full of information on the strange people that populated Tokyo.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a little slip of paper with a code on it and started checking the boxes. It took him nearly four minutes to find the box he wanted. He was a little surprised to see that the seals for the box had been broken recently.

The date for the latest seal was only two months old. He didn’t think about it as he pulled the box down and sat it on the table. He pulled out a small wand and tapped the box. The box glowed for a second and suddenly duplicated itself. He grinned and quickly put the original box away.

Shrinking the new box down so that it looked like a pack of cigarettes, he stuffed it in his inner pocket. His time was nearly up and he needed to be out of the area in three minutes or the guards would shoot him on sight. Racing through the room, he ducked around the frozen guards again.

He took a second to pull the wand again and point it at each of their heads. It sparked each time it touched their skin. Once the door was closed and he finished altering the guards memories, he made a quick walk down the hallway. He smirked a little as he realized that he had nearly a minute left of null-time.

This gave him time to head for his office. When the spell ended he was calmly walking down the hall towards his office. Several people spotted him and waved as he unlocked the door to his office.

It was the perfect alibi.

oooooooooo


To Be Continued...