Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Tsunami ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tsunami

Chapter 5: To Join or Not To Join…

Hi all! It's another chapter. I hope you like this story so far. Well for all of you who have been pactent with me I'm going to tell you. This is a G.I. Joe crossover with Sailor Moon. So don't tell me Serena can't be a solder, she can and will be a good one in this fanfic. So the following is the basics for all of you born after the mid 80's.

G.I. Joe--- Is Americas highly trained special mission force. Its purpose is to defend human freedom agents Cobra.

General Hawk: The commanding officer in charge of the Joe team.

Duke: One of the upper commanders in G.I. Joe.

Flint: Another one of the commanders in G.I. Joe.

Scarlet: The G.I. Joe's martial art's expert, she is the top undercover agent.

Lady J: Well I forget exactly, she's a determined fighter she carries around a pack on her back that has spears in it. In the spears head is always something useful. Like a net or, a diamond tip head.

Cobra--- A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

Cobra Commander: The leader of Cobra, he is ruthless. But when his side is about to win he becomes cocky and often makes bad decisions that lead to their defeat. Also you can't see his face because he often wares a metal faceplate over it, with no features on it. Or a blue cloth with eye holes on it, and the symbol of Cobra. Witch is a red outline of a cobra's head.

Destro: He also wear's a facemask, but his head was made of metal. It has all the facial features people have, and is bald on top. He is second in command, and in most cases if he was in command Cobra would of won a long time ago. He is mean, a true terrorist.

Bareness: Is a women who works for cobra she is a master of discise and a ruthless fighter as well. She is tall with black hair, and white skin. Basically she's a dark beauty.

The Dreadnoks: A gang of Mercenaries commonly hired by cobra to do certain jobs for them. The leader is Zartan; he is a tall mean looking man. Who has the ability to move through the shadows at will. He also has large dark markings around his eyes (like the group Kiss).

Zarana: Zartan's sister, gun-toting women with a southern accent, with very short hair that is hot pink.

Zandar: Zartan's brother whose hair is also hot pink. A gun toting.

Torch: named because his weapon of choice is the flamethrower.

Buzzer: named because of his weapon of choice the chainsaw.

Cutter: named for his weapon of choice a rifle with a large knife on the end. All three are not very bright.

Now on with the story

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

G.I. Joe base:

In a small office three men were in discussion about something, more in precise someone. " So this young women Serena, took out the Dreadnoks?" At the nodding of Flint's head, the man continued talking. "In her files, it says she is at least a third degree black belt in a arts called Anything Goes. It also goes on to about what she majors in collage, teaching and minors in political science. She seems like a good candidate for G.I. Joe." "Flint, I want you to take Skarlet to the gym next week, if Serena shows up Skarlet can judge her skills". "Now on to recent Cobra activity, has there been any?"

"No sir General Hawk. The snakes have been quite for the last several months, but you can bet when they do show up it will be something big." Said Duke, a tall man with blond hair, a good build and second in command of G.I. Joe.

A few days' later Flint, Scarlet, Quick-Kick, and Roadblock headed out to the gym for the self-defense class. Serena was there and when Scarlet asked to spar with her Serena accepted. It was a good spar until Scarlet realized that Serena wasn't using her full potential. In fact Serena had barely broken a sweat while she herself had a good sheen to her face. When it was all done and over Scarlet was amazed at Serena's skill, when she asked about it all she got was a strange answer "there was a great need for me to learn, that is why I'm good". In the end Scarlet told General Hawk that Serena would be a valued asset to the G.I. Joe team. It was then decided they would start to actively recruit Serena after her first year of collage was over.

Several months later, May to be exact.

WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! IT'S SUMMER BREAK!!!!!!! Yelled a certain longhaired blond. Serena was looking forward to her first summer break in America. It would be the first time she seriously trained in this country. The plan was simple she would trek across the country, and her friends would fallow in the Winnebago that they would be renting. Serena was truly happy. Because after she trained she could go back to Japan for a few weeks, depending on how her training would go.

"Well let's go," shouted Serena, as they piled into the rented R.V. They had packed the night before so all they had to do was hop in and drive away. "Where to first?" said Kira.

"How about Palm Springs?"

"Sounds good to me, we can start off with some laps around the city, then cool off in the hotel pool. Said Serena, then we'll be off to serious training."

"So what do plan on doing Serena?" asked Rena

"I plan on hiking across Death Valley."

"You can't be serious Serena" came her friends replied.

"Oh yes I can, besides you all will be trailing behind me with plenty of water and first aid kits in case of any problems. So don't worry, I have been through tougher traing then a trek through the dessert before."

So it was that Serena and her four friends set out on a one-month training exercise, they stopped in various places first like Palm Springs, Sacramento, then down to Mexico then finally to Death Valley. Serena's training was going quite well in her eyes; in her friends she was crazy. Serena would carry a backpack while on roller blades to every location they went, and then camp outside in the evening. When they got to Death Valley that was going to be the real challenge, she wanted to go the whole distance without going into heat stroke. So with her backpack loaded with water with added electrolytes she started off at a fast pace at first. When she would start to tire out she would slow down and drink some Gatorade, then she would keep on going never stopping.

Now it just so happened that not to far way the Joe's were also going some training. They were doing some dessert exercises, with Dusty, Duke, Shipwreck, and a few other Joe's who had dessert experience. Dusty was just coming over a ridge that overlooked the road, when he caught sight of something odd. A small R.V. fallowing a person on roller blades with a backpack on. This was odd in deed; it almost looked like something he and his comrades would do minus the roller blades. He took out his binoculars to see who it was, smiling he recognized Serena and her friends. Shipwreck who was in the passenger seat, wanted to know who was crazy enough to make such a trek across the dessert. Dusty smiled a bit more and called Duke on his walky-talky, to inform him of what he saw. In a few minutes most of the Joe's were watching Serena's steady progress across the dessert. What surprised most of them was that here was a girl, not in the armed forces, who could do what it took months of training for them to do. To top it all off some of their comrades weren't the least bit suppressed. Duke decided to go down with Dusty and Shipwreck and talk to Serena, after all this might be a great time to encourage the girl to join up with G.I. Joe.

As they drew nearer to Serena and her friends, the said group took knowtest of the on coming trio. They stopped to see what the Joe's wanted. "Nice day for a trek across the desert? Don't you think? Asked Duke.

"I think so," said Serena.

" So what are you doing exactly?"

"I'm training, of course".

"By trekking across the desert?"

"Yes, Death Valley seems like a good challenge for me."

"So your looking for a challenge are you?" asked Duke.

"Yes, I have been lacking in my training since coming to America. So during summer break I decided to try to catch up on my training." Responded Serena.

"If it's a challenge you want, how about considering joining up?" asked Dusty who was eager to join in on the conversation. Shipwreck was still eyeing all the pretty girls in front of him, besides he knew when to keep his mouth shut (well some times he did).

"Joining the armed forces? I never thought about it really" replied Serena.

"Well do think about it, here's my card," said Duke as he handed Serena his business card, "If your still interested in a few weeks give me a call and I'll give you a tour of the base.

"Thank you, well we have to get going if we're going to make it to the hotel my night fall. I will give it serious thought to joining up. Thank you again goodbye" said Serena as she once again began her trek across the dessert. The Joe's watched her for a few minutes admiring her speed as she soon disappeared into the almost constant mirage that was on the road (you know when the road looks like it's covered with water but really isn't?).

It had now been several weeks since Serena had last talked with anyone from G.I. Joe and with every passing day she felt that it was the right thing to do. It was hard to explain maybe it had something to do with the fact that she was board out of her mind! With Chaos gone and no new enemies or old ones coming to challenge her, there was nothing to do. Peace was a good thing and she enjoyed it emounsley, but something was missing and soon Serena realized that it was the action. The action of helping people, making sure that they were safe. That the world around them was safe, with these thoughts in mind Serena finally made up her mind she was going to join the G.I. Joe team.

With that thought out of the way Serena now thought back to when she returned to Japan. That time was so uneventful, nothing happened, nothing bad that is. Serena returned to Jublen to see how her friends were doing. Rei was still at the shrine only change there was she was engaged to Chad. Serena always thought they made a good couple that was why she tried to play matchmaker with them on several occasions.

Ami was in med school at the top of her class, no surprise there, and doing well. Ami had finally found out there was life outside of school and was dating on a regular bases, all different guys of course. Ami found out that guys really liked her kind soft spirit and were literally fighting to get a chance at dating her.

Mina was taking acting classes at the local collage and still was into modeling, and she had time to get into the volleyball she missed so much when she was a scout. In fact that was how she went to collage in the first place, Mina had won a full scholarship just so long as she played for the school team. All opposing teams feared her for her power serve that some swore left a dent in the gym floor.

Lita was training, she once told Serena that she felt awful for the way that they treated her and she just needed someway to work off her frustrations. Lita was also taking classes at the local culinary arts school to open a small café. It looked like all her closes friends were getting on with their lives and putting the past behind them.

In the Nerma distract of Japan everything was the same rampaging martial arts duels that often left the nabrahood in ruins. The only thing keeping them supplied with building material was a new franchise in town called Extensive Enterprise. Extensive Enterprise kept Nerma stoked with all the building supplies they needed to get on with life.

The only change was that Ranma and Akane weren't together anymore. True they loved each other but they found it was more like the love you have for a best friend. You love each other deeply just not romantically. So once again most of the women in Nerma were fighting for his attention.

It was during her few weeks of training in Japan that Serena felt a new energy surround her every time she trained. It was similar to her senshi powers but different, it felt like it was on a whole new level of power. This new level was not from being Serenity or Sailor Moon, it was from Serena herself. It made her feel good that she accomplished or was about to accomplish something all by herself that she didn't have in a past life.

Ranma had told Serena that the energy she was feeling was Ki and after more training she would develop a style all her own on how to use this Ki. So in the mean time he taught her the basics of using chi, even if she couldn't use it quite yet. So in the future when she was in America she would know what to do when she finally achieved Ki.

So here Serena was now looking at the business card that Duke had given her gathering her courage to call it up and except his offer for a real challenge in life. What was to come in life? Who would she meet on this new road she was going down? Serena didn't know all she did know was that after being a scout for so long it thought her to be a soldier (?) and she need to keep up her training as one. Serena picked up the phone and dialed the number.

Ok I know it's been a long time but I'm finally posting this. It took a while to get over my writers block, and then some more time to recover when I accidentally deleted this chapter. But now it's done and I'm working on chapter 6 and 7. I'm going to be working on Mission: Arus next then one of the others so keep on hoping that I'll post because I just might.

ADB