Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ah My Rider ❯ Ore Tanjou ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
If ever anyone had been put through enough to deserve a wish it is Ranma. The only question is does it actually improve things or does he trade a mallet wielding tomboy for an excitable techie with a debugging hammer.

Well folks it you were worried about me I am not dead. I just succeeded after almost a year in painting myself into a corner on In the Shadow of the Moon, not stuck completely just having to kick ideas around for a while longer then I would like on how to move the story ahead.

So for a change of pace I have decided to start a couple other projects like Anime Rider Worlds with my friend Den-O and we ran into a glitch with one of the worlds we wanted to use. It is incomplete and we have no idea where the author intended to go with it.

I had some ideas that had been kicking around since my newest obsession with the kamen rider series came along, and this is the result. I hope you like it. Please read and review.

Disclaimer - I only wish I owned any of these series. No intention of profit only mutual entertainment.

Ranma sat at the low table in the common room and sighed. The house was quiet probably for what had to be the first time in weeks. The fiancees might have been better behaved since the failed wedding, but the rivals trying to get their loves from Ranma had only become worse.

Mousse and Ryoga had been almost tag teaming him for a week, and Kuno was getting his licks in as well. Ranma finally broke down and agreed to pay Nabiki to send the three of them on a wild goose chase after something they were sure to be able to beat him with, just for a night of peace. Said schemer was out enjoying herself with the money he had scrounged together and he still owed several photo shoots.

Akane had decided to go out with her girlfriends and Ranma was happy for it since she had not stopped blaming him for ruining "her" wedding. The fathers had bemoaned that Ranma had failed to patch things up with her and went out to develop their plans for uniting the schools, at one or more of the local bars.

This left Ranma with the house to himself except for Kasumi, and he had nearly fallen asleep at the table when he heard her shout from the kitchen. Racing in he found Kasumi cleaning a mess off the floor, apparently the remains of the simple curry she had been cooking for the two of them. "Kasumi are ya` all right?" He asked worriedly.

"I will be fine Ranma-kun. Thank you for asking" Kasumi says with a warm smile. "I am afraid though that the food is a loss." Reaching into her apron he takes out a flyer. "There is a pizzeria that just opened that is having a special would you call and order something for us while I finish cleaning up."

Ranma takes the flyer from her hand. "Okay... but are you certain you don't need any help?"

Kasumi shakes her head, and grins. "I am a big girl Ranma-kun."

Ranma nods and walks over to the phone. He dials the number on the flyer and after a fews rings a young woman answers by the sound of the voice. "Goddess Relief Office, please wait and I will be with you shortly."

----------

Skuld had been overjoyed to finally get her first class license, even if it was still limited she was able to do more things then just chase bugs around the system all the time. Not that she did not enjoy that, but it just felt good to be trusted with more responsibilites.

Now as she took her first turn working in the goddess relief office she learned one thing that her older sister Belldandy never warned her about this job. Nothing in creation is more boring then sitting around waiting for a phone to ring.

When the phone finally did ring she barely even glanced at the screen other then to note the location, pick up the phone, hastily give her memorized greeting, and dash to the nearest fountain.

Her transition to the nearest body of water to the person she was to grant a wish for was done so quickly she slipped on a damp moss covered stone at the edge of the small pond and smacked her nose on the ground. Fortunately for her the young man she was there to visit was not looking in her direction.

To her surprise as she was sitting up and trying to get her eyes to stop watering it seemed like Belldandy was there helping her up and making comforting sounds. "Onee-chan?" The young goddess murmured quietly.

She heard a soft giggle. "You seem like a sweet young girl, but I am afraid you have mistaken me for someone else." As Skuld`s vision cleared she discovered the older girl holding her arm was not her sister, but she could not shake the sense of familiarity. "I am Tendo Kasumi. Are you here to see Ranma-kun? Miss?"

"Ah please pardon my intrusion." The goddess of the future bow hastily. "I am Skuld, and I am here to see Ranma."

"A polite visitor is always welcome, we get them so rarely." Kasumi smiled at the girl and lead her through the open shoji. "Ranma-kun you have a guest."

Ranma turned around to find the brown haired older girl leading a cute young girl, with raven black hair, into the common room. "Can I at least hope the old man sold me for more then rice and pickles?"

Skuld sweat dropped as she tried to decide what he meant by that, and decided she should have read more of his file before she left. "Ano... no nothing like that, I spoke to you on the phone just a moment ago."

The young woman composes herself and bows to Ranma, Kasumi had already walked off to the kitchen, and Ranma blinked at seeing it now immaculately clean. Ranma was brought back from his consideration of this by a polite cough from his guest. Ranma blushed at the girl and scratched the base of his pigtail in embarrassment. "I am Skuld goddess first class, type one, limited license from the Goddess Relief Agency, and I am here to grant you a wish."

"Ah sorry but I aint had such good luck with wishes." Ranma says quietly.

"You have run into wishes before?" Skuld says in surprise, before her eyes narrow. "Did the people who offered them have jagged red marks on their face?"

Ranma notices her point to the blue marking on her own face and shakes his head. "No people made an offer, but there was a sword that granted three wishes that I tried to get the owner of to wish away my curse for me."

"Curse?" The girl starts studying him intently, and Ranma is surprised to find that for once this does not bother him. "Can you tell me about it?"

Ranma walks with the girl over to the table and sits down before he starts into his tale. To his surprise Kasumi walks in with a pot of tea, some lemonade, and a tray of snacks for him and their guest.

Surprisingly for Ranma his attempt to explain the jusenko curse lead to him talking about things going all the way back to the begining of the training trip, and for once his audience paid attention and simply listened. Things he barely remembered before seemed to come out as they talked and he could swear he saw tears begin to form in the girls eyes. Odder still was this simply made him more relaxed.

Skuld listened to this tale of woe and felt her insides turn to ice. Even Hild would not do things like that to a child. What kind of monster is this Genma?

"I am sorry Ranma." She whispered quietly. "I wish I could help you with your curse, but from your description it sounds like chaos magic and that would be at the best dangerous for me to try and play with."

"Not your fault," Ranma says tiredly looking down at the table. "I just wish after all this my life could actually mean something." He jumped back in shock as the girl was surrounded by a pillar of light and floated into the air.

A booming male voice echoed around Ranma. "Wish granted."

Ranma felt a hand on his shoulder and was roughly jerked around to face his bleary eyed father. "Boy what have you done?" Before he could answer the pillar of light expanded to surround him and the world turned white.

--------

Genma felt like he had just come off the worlds worst bender and held his aching head as sense returned to him. The stone floor underneath him and the distant screams he could swear he heard were not helping him. "I know I did not drink that much." He muttered.

"So you are awake then Genma dear." He heard a husky woman's voice say sweetly, the voice and tone filled him with dread. "It seems your plan did not quite work out then."

If there was any woman's voice that filled him with fear worse then Nodoka's this was it. Opening his eyes his fears were confirmed. Sitting on her throne made of skulls was the beautiful ruler of demon kind. He had seen her once before when he had failed to escape from one of the mobs chasing them during the training with Happosai, and had cut a deal.

"Hild-sama what do you mean?" He asked as politely as his raw throat would allow. "As promised I have trained Ranma to be the greatest and most obedient fighter to join the ranks of your army."

"Well, it seems that you have returned to my realm empty handed." Hild said with a condescending smile. "The child you bartered away so easily is not with you. Nor is there a chance to return you to the mortal realm. You interfered with Yggdrasil granting a wish and were removed from the system because of it."

"Not like the little bastard was my blood anyway." Genma said with a snarl. "And what about your end of the deal. You said you would return me to life and give me the power to seal away the master. He did not stay gone."

The babbling fool looks up into Hild's burning glare. "Genma, did I just hear you try to blame me for your lack of follow through?"

The screams of the now thrice damned soul reach all the way up to the control center for Yggdrasil. Where another dark skinned woman with platinum hair pauses her work to make sure her hearing was not damaged

Urd out of curiosity looks in on the file of the latest person to catch Hild's wrath. 'Let's see Saotome Genma, petty thief and confidence man.' The Norn of the past shakes her head at this. 'Lord Enma has requested special punishments for this one because of the number of times his Ferrymen have hung around them for weeks certain the fool would kill his son.' She starts grinding her teeth at reading through the list. 'All around first class idiot, spineless coward, and bully. A veritable human monster trying to claim to be an honorable martial artist.'

The goddess finally decides on putting a special request to Hild into the system. "I wonder if she would actually let me suggest things for her to do?" Urd says while sending off the request.

--------

Ranma awakens slowly, the steady hum in the air and the gentle rocking and vibration in the bench he is lying on all trying to push him back into the embrace of sleep. Another embrace, though gentle, and a soft breath on his neck set off all of his reflexive actions of self defense when women are involved.

Praying not to get beaten to death by Akane if it were her with him, or worse if it was one of the others he slowly opens his eyes to find the face of a girl in her late teens with her arms wrapped around him. He blinks as he recognizes the blue markings on the girl`s face.

Cautiously he lifts her arms off of himself and after getting her into a sitting position shakes her gently. "Skuld are you okay?"

The girl blinks her eyes rapidly and was about to respond when chipper female voice interrupts. "Welcome aboard the Den Liner. I am Naomi." A tray with two coffee cups is placed on the table in front of them. Ranma looks up to find a pretty girl in a shiny serving attendent`s outfit winking at them. "Please just let me know if there is anything you need."

"Ano... where did you say we were?" Ranma asks hesitantly

"The train of time, the Den Liner." A well dressed older gentleman says from the other end of the train car. "It travels through the infinite sands, and maintains the orderly flow of time." The man smiles at Ranma as he stands up and walks towards the two teens. "I am Owner, you wished for a life with purpose and I have a proposition for you."

The screen freezes and the outline of a watch face appears over the man's smile, before rotating it with the tick of a clock.

notes:

everyone probably can recognize the characters from Ah My Goddess, but the train is from the Heisei Kamen Rider series Den-O.

Teturo: So think this can make a good replacement?

Den-O: Yeah it should man Ranma will be in for one heck a ride in this story.

Teturo: Anything is an improvement on where he was if you ask me.

Den-O: True to that and it will be so funny too.

Teturo: hopefully, anyway folks I would love to know what you think, and I hope you look forward to the next chapter.

Den-O: Same here well maybe a climax will happen next chapter

"Ore Sanjou"

Teturo: not yet, show some patience.

Den-O: Hahaha ok readers stay tuned for the next chapter and don't forget to reveiw