Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ah My Rider ❯ Race to the Past ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Teturo: I live!

Den-O: Yes yes you do.

Teturo: I honestly was not trying to make people wait. I just had a lot on my plate.

Den-O: Well it happens

Teturo: Well here is the new chapter. I hope folks enjoy it.

Den-O: Don't forget to review.

Disclaimer- nope still don't own them, but I hope if their owners do see this they enjoy and maybe get a laugh.

Chapter 3 - Race to the past

Ranma runs to the window panting for breath at the sudden dread that washed over him. Looking out into the evening light he can find no trace of Skuld or her attacker.

Feeling the window sill under his hands Ranma cringes. "Okay this is just gross." He says as he turns back to the others showing his slime covered hands. 'feels like a kiss from Chardin!" Shivering at the mental image he gratefully cleans his hands with a rag that Keiichi tossed him from a pile Skuld had left.

Belldandy meanwhile had picked up the hammer Skuld had dropped and was casting a spell over it. "Please hear my voice. Tool of the craftsman we seek to find she who you have become an extension of. Lead us so we can bring her safety and comfort." The debugging hammer glowed brightly and flew out the window, Ranma following quickly after it.

'Yo Ranma, let me out to fight that thing.' He heard Momotarous shout in his head.

'No! He is mine!' Ranma snarled mentally as he brought the rider pass over the belt that materialized on his waist. "Henshin!"

Ranma barely noticed the appearance of the black and sliver bodysuit. His attention was all on the streak of light leading him to Skuld. Even motocross style cycle that roared around the corner barely registered as he leapt onto it and sped off.

"Keep your head lover boy." Urd admonished from above, her light tone hardly covering the concern in her own voice.

Belldandy settled for a determined frown as she flew along on her broom, a only slightly less determined, yet slightly terrified, looking Keiichi holding onto her tightly.

Aoshima stared in shock as the sliding glass doors to the veranda of his apartment were smashed aside and the lizard creature dumped the raven haired girl at his feet. "Contract complete."

"Are you mad! How does she belong to me now!" The playboy shouted at the creature.

The lizard cackles as he backhands the man into a wall. "You only said to bring her, what happens after is no any concern of mine!"

The Imagin touches the man`s forehead and he splits down the middle showing a green portal. Which the creature jumps into. Skuld remains on the floor mumbling.

Moments later her hammer flies through the broken doors and into her hands. The Norn of the future whimpers and hugs it to herself protectively. A engine roar announces the arrival of Den-O as the motorcycle pulls to a stop outside. The rider quickly jumps through and grabs ahold of Skuld`s shoulders. "Are you alright?"

"Tongue..slimy..Ick!" The girl whimpers, and tightens her hands on the hammer.

"Seems she will be fine." Urd says as she waltzes into the room and leans down next to Aoshima holding a ticket to his head. A picture of the chameleon imagin appears along with a date of 5/15/2005. "You just can`t seem to learn can you." The norn of the past says to the kneeling man before handing off the ticket to Ranma.

A struggling and battered Aoshima claws for the edge of the arena booth he and his cousin Sayoko had used to watch the off road race, and futilely plot the motor club`s defeat. Sand pours from him and takes the form of the Lizard as he finally collapsed. The creature`s face twists into a bizarre grin as it leaps over the edge to begin attacking the crowds.

"You wanted to add me to your collection?" The recently revived Skuld growls at Aoshima. The girl winds up and swings her leg at the kneeling man. "Divine Punishment!"

"Squeak!!!"

'The human throat should not be capable of making sounds like a rubber duck.' Den-O cringes, but is torn between laughter and tears. Watching Skuld hop around on one foot, and the campus playboy bent over with his face turning blue. Walking over to steady the girl while the elder sister heals her ankle. "Skuld-chan, when we get back we need to work on your physical skills."

Den-O claps Keiichi, who is sympathetically cringing, on the shoulder. "You guys can handle things here right?" The rider says with a chuckle as he sweeps skuld into his arms and opens the room`s closet to reveal a desert scene with the Den Liner pulling into a stop.

When the door closes behind the pair, Urd looks down on the prone casanova wannabe. "Yes we can handle things." The white haired woman says with a smile as lightning crackles around her fingers.

A blond haired and leather clad demoness sat on the bleachers of the university outdoor arena, talking with her diminutive genie companion. "So Senbee here is the new plan...." Her monolog for her barely interested audience was cut short as the bleachers beneath her simply vanished.

After landing inelegantly on the ground she growled at the self proclaimed god of disaster and poverty. "What have I told you about practicing on me!"

"Ah Mademoiselle Mara, Senbee is innocent." The richly dressed spirit looks at the woman with red marks on her face oddly. "More to the point, why didn't you fly?"

The demoness growled as she attempted to catch the hand sized spirit, most likely to strangle him.

Den-O walked up to where his motorcycle now rested inside the front car of the Den Liner and slid the ticket into the clear case inside of the rider pass. "Now we get that thing." He announces as he closes the pass back up and slams it home in a slot on the motor cycle.

'Ranma what about me!' Momotarous wails in his head.

"Nope still mine." Den-O announces as he mounts the cycle and the screen shows the tracks passing through rings of time. "Next stop two years ago."

The front three cars of the Den Liner detach and speed forward, or back, as Den-O twists the accelerator on the cycle called the Den Bird.

The screaming crowds at the Off Road derby almost drown out the sound of electronic whistles and clinking of metallic tracks as the Den Liner flies across the finish line leaving the black and silver clad Den-O facing the chameleon as it tried to chase the spectators further inland. "Okay ugly time to pay the piper."

"So you are Den-O then." The lizard snickers. "I am going to enjoy this."

"Not as much as I will." The rider replies while simply crossing his arms, and cocking his head.

"My turn first." A female voice says from behind the creature. The lizard turns to find Skuld hurling a large bag at its feet, which opens disgorging dozens of hand sized grenades. "Skuld! Bomber!"

The Imagin is blasted into the sky, shrieking with its tongue hanging out, only to be met by a flying kick from Den-O knocking it even higher. While the rider latched onto its long stretchy tongue and used it to pull himself higher, and the imagin lower at a rapid pace, impacting with an upper cut as the imagin came back down. Still holding onto the no longer slick appendage he repeats the contact maneuver, only this time flipping to stand on top of the creature as it is pile driven into the ground.

The rider walks away, starting to dust off his hands, he turns at the creature`s roar as it starts to climb back out of the crater. 'This thing could give Ryoga tips on not staying down.'

'Yo Ranma, give me another shot! It won't come back this time!' He hears the voice of the red oni shout in his mind.

"Definitely going to take something sharper then last time." Den-O comments as he presses the red button and swipes the rider pass again.

The belt flashes red and announces, "Sword Form" as the red armor appears and the visor slides into place on the helmet.

Den-O SF throws his arms wide and growls "Ore Futaba Sanjou!"

Dashing forward he slams his fists repeatedly into the still rising Imagin, rocking it back on its heals. "Stupid lizard stay dead this time."

"Now for the climax." Kicking the Imagin back into the air with a side thrust, he quickly removes, and assembles, the pieces of the den-gasher. Running the pass over the belt he tosses it negligently off to the side, and takes a stance with the sword like weapon held above his head.

The mechanical voice calls out, "Full Charge!" as red streams of energy flow into the red blade causing it to glow.

"Now feel my hissatsu waza! second version!" As the blade detaches from the rest of the weapon, Den-O SF executes a forward slash which the glowing blade tracks passing through the creature. A quick figure eight back across the body with the handle brings the energized blade through the stunned enemy a second time.

The glowing implement of destruction rises menacingly into the air as the hero brings the handle overhead in a two handed grip and slashes down, bringing the weapon through the creature a last time bisecting it in a glowing line.

The creature explodes as Den-O SF brings the Den-gasher above his head again and the blade reattaches. "That`s how it is done!"

The rider turns to salute Skuld, only to see the youngest Norn`s eyes widen. "Something is happening! Its going berserk!" She shouts and Den-O turns to find the pile of sand erupting into a giant flying creature that seemed to be a mechanical combination of a bird, bat, and hornet.

"Gigandeath!" Skuld shouts before wisely taking cover.

"I thought I told you to stay dead this time!" The red armored rider shouts as he leaps into the air and lands in the front of the passing den liner.

Den-O SF lands on the cycle and growls in two voices, Ranma and Momotarous.

"This thing has got to go."

"I don't care how, just blast it!"

Pressing a button on the handle an array of weapons appear from the two cars behind the engine: from a bird like UAV in the last train, to a wolf head like missile launcher, and a trebuchet shaped like an arm in the forward car.

Yanking the the handle hard to the side causes the the train to slide in a sparking circle around the gigandeath while the armaments rip it to pieces before it finally explodes into sand that quickly vanishes.

Back in the sands of time, the Den liner recombines, and Ranma happily sighs in relief when Skuld runs to hug him as he enters the dinning car.

Momotarous of course has to intrude on this pleasant scene. "See I told you I would get him this time."

Ranma growls, but Skuld only giggles and snuggles closer too him. "He is right...this time anyway."

Both teens do their level best to ignore the Imagin as he congratulates himself and poses. The end of the litany almost catches them off guard. "Yo Ranma, I have a favor to ask."

As the train of time continues its journey back to the present the damage the imagin caused flows away like water.

Mara is unaware of this as she chases Senbee around the field where the stadium stands had been. Cornered against a remaining wall the genie braces for a black bolt from the enraged demoness.

When no strike came, he looks up only to quickly, not to mention wisely, stifle a chuckle at the woman doing a good impression of a contortionist around the triangular junction of several support beams for the bleachers.

Ranma groans as the first rays of the sun bore into his now pounding head. "Do I want to know what happened last night?" He mumbles and gently tries to sit up. only to find his arms and legs entwined with, a thankfully fully clothed, Skuld. The girl mumbles in her sleep, and he started to smile until her grip tightened to where he could hardly breathe.

Before Panic could set in he feels the arms loosen and is greeted by the smiling face of a child version of his girl side. Well blinking he realizes that there is some differences. Like her hair is strawberry blond, she has wings, and she apparently did not have legs, but was instead covered by a flowing wrap that were her only clothes.

"Um, Thanks..." Ranma starts, only to hear Skuld mumble "Noble Scarlet"

The girl snuggled closer, more gently this time, as Ranma realized the winged girl was actually coming out of Skuld and settled in on his other side. At least he felt his headache start to wash away.

"Impressive the last boy she tried to get close to her angel was eager to drive away." Ranma opened his eyes to see Urd smiling down at him.

"Do I have you or Momo ta thank for the headache." Ranma asked quietly.

"Well he did want to celebrate." Urd admits with a chuckle. "He spent most of the reward money Owner gave him for his help with the imagin on clothes though so you should be fine. Your closet on the other hand.." The eldest goddess left the thought hanging causing Ranma to groan.

Near noon Ranma worked his way along a platform at the end of the living quarters placing boards, followed closely by Banpei using a pneumatic gun to drive nails in to hold them in place. "Thanks Banpei-kun. We keep up this pace and we will have the new store room extension done in a couple of days." The robot seems to smile and nod in agreement.

Ranma looks up and grins as he watches Skuld and Belldandy bring out a basket with lunch for him and oil for the hard working robot.

Skuld giggles at Ranma`s gaze, while Belldandy smiles. "You seem to be in a good mood Ranma-kun."

"I read a saying once." Ranma says with a broad grin. "Only a man who has lived in the dark can truly appreciate a vision of light. I think even a man who knew nothing but sun could appreciate the visions before me."

Skuld blushes brightly and hides her face getting a smile from Ranma and the similarly blushing Belldandy.

Ranma turns his head to find Banpei removing his hat and the set of four launchers rising up. "Wha...."

The two goddesses shout in surprise as an explosion goes off and Ranma is knocked an impressive distance through the air.

A elegantly dressed young woman screams as she slams on the breaks of her sports car. Brining it to a screeching halt before it could run over whatever had just landed on the road in front of her.

Stepping out of the vehicle, she finds a young man with his hair in a pigtail lying in a small crater in the road. Trying to keep her eyes from following the lines of sharply defined muscle showing through the rips in his clothing she quickly dials emergency services on her cell phone.

Less then an hour later the same young woman walks into the hospital room the doctors had taken the young man too after a surprisingly quick examination.

Between his electric blue eyes and disarming smile, she hardly even wondered where he had obtained the black tortoise shell frame glasses or the blue streak in his now elegantly swept hair.

"Ah my savior returns." He says flashing her a wide grin. "Might I know the name of the angel who rescued my humble person?"

"Mishima Sayoko." She replies easily. "And you are?"

The screen freezes with a watch face appearing over Ranma Blue`s wide grin. Before rotating with the ticking of a clock.

A miniature Den Liner pulls across the bottom of the screen, and the super deformed Oni pops out of the front. "I was awesome again this time."

A blue faceted mask on a small body pops out of the other end of the train. "We will let people decide for themselves next time sempai."

"Who are you!?" Mini Momo shouts as the train pulls off the screen.

notes:

Ore Futaba Sanjou - I arrive again.

Teturo: Poor Ranma, at least he lived right.

Den-O: Depends on your definition of living

Teturo: True, shall we let these kids alone and move on to messing with Kadoya Ranma?

Kadoya: Finally

Teturo: Well he keeps coming back, I guess that is evidence for the argument that Ranma has a masochistic streak.

Kadoya:....

Den-O: Yep have to agree with that

Teturo: Anyway folks keep an eye out for the first chapter of the second Arc of Anime Rider Worlds.