Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Blind no more ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What is love? That question has a very simple, yet surprising answer. Love, is pain. Love is sharing a person's pain and helping them bear a burden that would otherwise crush them and like all special things in life, love is very unpredictable. For love cares not about personal vendetta's, or about the will of God's, Demon's or Martial Artist's, love cares only about truth of the heart and mind. Ranma Saotome has many fiancee's who claim that they would risk their live's for him, yet none, male or female, have ever so muched as raised a finger to help him. Save one...

"That I may see through eyes not clouded by hate."

-Prince Ashitaka,

Princess Mononoke

Blind no More

A one-shot Fanfiction

By Dianna Tsuki

One fatefull night ago...

Atop a building in Nerima, two figures embraced and watched the moon light.

"In spite of that, ya still want me?" one figure asked the other. The grip of the second figure tightened.

"Want you? Don't use such a term. Need you is more appropriate. And besides, what's done is done. I have no regrets, and I'm not about to leave you. No matter what you decide, I will stand by you." the first figure looked into the eyes of the second.

"Thankyou. But whatcha gonna do about, ya know..." the second figure snorted.

"Leave her to me." the eyes of the second figure became worried, "But what about you?"

"Whaddya mean?" the second figure heaved a sigh.

"You've done so much for me. Even despite my problem, you've taken me when no-one else would, and your helping over come my problem."

"Ya did the same for me. I could always count on ya to help me, despite our problems." The second figure blushed slightly.

"Well...I'm still sorry that I-"

"Shhh, it's in the past. I don't have any regrets either." the two figures became quiet for a moment, in the distance they both could hear the words to an American song, which seemed to describe their relationship perfectly.

"...There is so much a man can tell you, so much he can say. You remain, my power, my pleasure, my pain!..."

Two weeks later...

Akane had to dive out of the way of her iinazuke as he came rushing around the corner, one hand over his mouth and the other over his stomach. He ran into the bathroom, and slammed the door. Akane blinked, then her eyes got wide as she heard wet sounds coming from within followed by groaning. Then there was the sound of rushing water for several minutes followed by Ranma coming staggering out of the bathroom.

"I'm never going to get use to this." he grumbled as he leaned against the doorframe apparantly not noticing Akane.

"Never going to get use to what, Ranma?" his eyes shot up, and Akane witnessed a startling transformation.

"I wasn't talking to you!" he snarled, then his mood changed quite dramatically, "I'm sorry. I haven't been feeling well," this was followed by another sharp, downwards turn into depression. "I guess I'm just a selfish pervert." he rubbed his stomach then walked past a very stunned and confused Akane.

Breakfast was actually quite subdued outside of the fact that a fuming Genma was sitting across from his sullen son. The reason for his anger, Ranma refused to spar this morning.

"Why not!?" he repeated again, Ranma looked up with bleary eyes.

"Don't wanna-want to. Too tired and not feeling good...well." he yawned, as if to emphasize his point.

"Ooh, what's wrong Ranma? I thought that the 'master of martial arts' never got sick." Nabiki teased.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Ranma yelled, then suddenly slipped back into depression. "Sorry. I'm just feeling off today." Nabiki was hesitant before continuing.

"Actually Ranma, you've been like this for a little while now." Ranma was quiet for a moment.

"Perhaps it's just a stage." he concluded then chuckled.

"Perhaps you should see Tofu-sensei." Kasumi suggested from her side of the table.

"Already did." Ranma informed.

"And?" Akane kept her tone carefully neutral, not wanting to set Ranma off again.

"Said he'd call me." he yawned again. Akane looked down at her watch.

"Oh it's time to go."

"Already?" Ranma yawned again then stood up.

"Gimme...give me a moment." Genma, who had been watching all of this while silently fuming, spoke up again.

"Why do you keep correcting you speech, boy?" Ranma flinched slightly before responding.

"I wanna...want to be able to speak correctly." he spoke slowly and carefully which caused his parent more anger.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"Well...it's manly! Yeah, girls like a guy who can talk tough!"

"They also want a guy who's not a girl half the time." Ranma replied in a tone that was full of self loathing. This brought worry to both families.

"Ranma?" Kasumi asked as the sometimes boy/sometimes girl got his shoes on. "Are you feeling alright?"

"No. I feel like shit." Ranma grumbled then picked up his backpack.

"But I 'aint...am not going to miss school." then he walked out the door.

The entire way to school, Ranma walked beside Akane, not on the fence.

"Ranma? Are you sure you're okay?" Akane echoed her sister's question.

"NO!," Ranma took a deep breath, then tried again, "No. I said earlier I feel awful, but I'm not going to let a little sickness stop me." then he kept walking, until he was nailed by the ladle-lady. Akane's eyes got wide when she noticed something about Ranma-chan, something very painfully obvious. Ranma-chan's breasts were swollen.

"Ranma?" she asked Ranma gazed down at herself and gave a tight smile before whispering something unintelligable. Akane was desperate, she knew only one thing that would possibly get a reaction out of her fiancee. Even if it was a negative one.

"Ranma-chan..." she put a little emphasis on the honorific, but was shocked when Ranma gave her an unreadable look.

"Sorry Akane-chan, let's go get some hot water." Akane gave a slow nod and continued walking to Tofu's clinic.

"Why didn't he call me an uncute tomboy?" Akane was worried, she missed the nickname that he had stuck her with.

When they arrived at Tofu's clinic, Ranma went up and spoke with the Doctor in private about something. Akane tried to read into what they were saying, but she couldn't make anything out. The only thing was that Ranma-chan kept rubbing her stomach. Dr.Tofu would nod, then reply to whatever she said. Finally he drenched her with some warm water. While Ranma was drying, Dr.Tofu came over and spoke to Akane.

"I was just telling Ranma that he has caught a kind of flu. It seems to be altering the balance in his hormones, regardless of form, and is what has been causing his violent mood swings and sickness." Akane nodded in relief.

"It isn't serious, is it?"

"No, but I have no idea when it will wear off either. So the best thing to do right now is to just let itself get beaten by Ranma's immune system." Akane nodded Dr.Tofu looked hesitant for a moment before continuing.

"I don't think you should tell anyone except your family, so they don't get too worried. If Ranma wishes to tell anyone else, let him do it." Akane nodded in reluctance.

Furinkan High that morning.

The two arrived at school with a note from the Doctor, just in case, but it was appearing that they wouldn't need it.

"RANMA SAOTOME! I CHALLANGE YOU!" then again...

Ranma got a look of grim determination.

"Leave him to me." Ranma growled at Akane blinked but nodded and walked passed the kendoist, who didn't even notice that one of his loves had just passed him. Ranma dodged Kuno's initial attack, then brought his fist up into Kuno's stomach. Tatewaki staggered under the blow and looked up, waiting for the finishing blow. It never came. Instead Ranma grabbed the kendoist by the collar, then slammed him up against a tree.

"Now listen Kuno, and listen good! 'Cause I'm only sayin' this once..."

Tendo Dojo, that night.

Akane was pleasantly surprised when Kuno failed to attack her on her way out from school, though what he did do surprised her somewhat. He just looked at her, shook his head, then walked away.

"Ranma, what did you do to Kuno to make him not attack me?"

"The truth." Akane twirled around, as did everyone else, accept Ranma, when they saw Tatewaki and Kasumi walk into the room.

"He spun a tale of magic and secrets, of heroic deeds and painfull loss. He opened my eyes to what I refused to see, and did wipe my mind of any dellusions that once resided there." Kuno bowed deeply to the Tendo's.

"I can only beg forgiveness for the dishonor I have wrought and would begin to make amends, by your request Ranma-san." Ranma stood and bowed as well.

"Thank you Kuno-sempai. Your apology has been accepted and I am grateful at what you are doing for me." Kuno nodded.

"'Tis the least I can do. But I seem to be intruding on your meal, I came only to release my unfounded claim on Akane and Ranma, and to offer a small token of thanks for removing my 'rose-colored glasses'." he produced a sheet of paper and handed it to Ranma. The pig-tailed martial artist accept the sheet and looked at it.

"Kuno-sempai, this is ten million yen, I cannot accept this." Genma was eyeing the cheque hungrily, and Kasumi was glaring at Genma.

"I insist Ranma-san. I have caused you and your family enough grief both emotionally and financially, though wounds of the soul and mind take time to heal, wounds of ones pocket are easily repaired." Ranma nodded then handed the cheque to Nabiki.

"Tatewaki Kuno," Ranma walked up and gripped the other man's hand. "Today you have proven yourself to be a Man amongst men." Kuno blinked then smiled gratefully at his new friend.

"Then I shall try and be worthy of your praise." with that Kuno bowed and left the household, he had another promise to keep.

Nekohanten

"Hey, Part-time! Where you be?" Shampoo wandered into Mousse's room, where she found him placing something in his robes.

"I'm right here, Shampoo-san." he sighed. Shampoo didn't miss the change of honorifics, nor the lack of a glomp.

"Is ducky-boy alright?"

"I'm fine. I was just reflecting on the past." Mousse sighed then turned to Shampoo, "I realized that you will never love me the way I love you. I'm trying to move on with my life, but you will always have a place in my heart Shampoo-san." Mousse was silent for a moment before continuing. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have an engagement to keep." Then Mousse slipped by the stunned Amazon and left the building.

Kuno Mansion...

"Are you sure?" Tatewaki was urgent and this showed in the tone he used on the phone.

"Twins. Alright, thankyou." Kuno hung the phone up, then dialed an unfamiliar number.

Many months later, on top of Furinkan High...

"How soon?" the second figure asked the first. The two figures knitted their bodies together.

"Very. Maybe a couple of...grrrr."

"What is it?" The second figure released the first.

"As I said, v-very soon. As in...ohhh....couple of....minutes!" the second figure took a deep breath, then picked up the first.

"Let's go."

Tendo Dojo, two day's later.

Ukyo, Shampoo, Akane, Nabiki, Cologne, Ryoga, Nabiki, Kasumi, Mousse, Soun, Genma, Konatsu, Dr.Tofu, Kodachi, Tatewaki, and Ranma-chan all sat in the Tendo Dojo. They had all received an unsigned letter asking them to meet in the Tendo dojo this night, and specifically stated *not* to bring weapons of *any* sort. Everyone was actually surprised to see that Ryoga actually made it on time, for once. Finally, after what seemed like hours, Ranma spoke.

"I'm sorry to keep you all waiting so long, but I had to be sure that everyone arrived." Ranma-chan fiddled with her the hem of her Chinese shirt.

"I asked you all here so I could give an apology and an explanation." Kuno rubbed her shoulder, trying to lend her his strength. She smiled gratefully at him.

"As you all have probably seen, I haven't been myself for the last while." everyone nodded sagely.

"While Dr.Tofu may've told that it was due to a flu, this is not the case." she swallowed, hard.

"The real reason is because I was...was...I...was..." Kuno rubbed her shoulder's

"It's alright, no-one here will dare cause you any degree of malice for what you are about to reveal." he looked up, daring someone to try and prove him wrong.

"Thankyou, Kuno-chan." everyone did a double take on *that* one. She just called him Kuno-chan!

"The reason I was acting so weird is because I was..." she hardened her face into one of determination.

"I was pregnant." everyone was silent for the longest time, then burst into laughter.

"P...P...PREGNANT!?" Ukyou asked between guffaws, "YOU!?"

"OH HO HO HO, I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE RANMA-SAMA!"

"YEAH RIGHT!"

"YOU NO GET OUT OF MARRYING SHAMPOO THAT EASILY!"

"ENOUGH!!!!!" Kuno roared and brought his bokken down on the ground, causing a loud *BANG* to echo through the dojo, causing the laughter to halt almost instantly. They all looked up nervously.

"If you were pregnant, Son-in-law, then who's the father, and where are your children?" Cologne asked with a smirk.

"Let's see him explain *that* one." she thought triumphantly. There was a pause.

"Well?" Genma inquired, he rarely sided with the Amazon, but anything to bring his son back down to-

"I am." Mousse stated firmly, then stood up and walked over to Ranma-chan.

"I'm the father." everyone stared at them.

"Prove it." Nabiki demanded. Ranma nodded then turned to the dojo entrance.

"Mother? Would you bring in Lily and Roc?" everyone faced the doorway in disbelief, then shock as a woman, dressed in a white and blue kimono walked in, a bundle in each arm.

"Here you go honey." she said and gently placed each bundle in Ranma's eager arms. The red-head turned back to her family.

"These are the twins, Lily and Roc." the families could only stare at the two tiny parcels of life in Ranma's arms. One of them had red hair, the same color as her mother's, and wide curious, green eyes. The other had silky black hair, and hazel coloured eyes.

Nodoka's mouth was a thin line as she stared at all before her.

"I am ashamed of you all." she whispered. They stared at the Saotome patriarch.

"You were so wrapped up in your own lives and dreams that you didn't see what was right in front of you. You all missed the signs" she shook her head. Then Nabiki groaned.

"The morning sickness, the moodswings, we missed them completely!" Nodoka nodded before continuing,

"Kuno-san has already payed for his crimes against my daughter, but the rest of you have not." guilty looks appeared on most faces, indignation on other's.

"SON! THAT IS NOT MANLY!" Genma yelled as he jumped to his feet, his fists raised. Both Kuno and Mousse leapt in front of Ranma-chan.

"I won't let you touch her." Mousse hissed.

"Step down you despicable old man." this from Kuno. Genma stepped back, they were willing to defend her?

"Wait." Ranma said before standing up, "I want to see something." her two protectors glanced at eachother, then carefully stepped aside. Ranma, a child in each arm, walked up in front of her father.

"What are you going to do father?" she whispered the room was silent. What indeed? Genma was livid, his fist still quivering in the air and his face turning red.

"What will you do? Strike me? Attack me for loving another? Harm my babies?" Genma glared dagger's at her, but said nothing. Ranma turned around then stepped between her protectors.

"What was I to any of you? A prize that's what. Something to be won, and then flaunted like a trophy." she turned her eyes lovingly towards Mousse, "To Mousse I was a dove. A beautiful bird who had lost it's way and he helped me find my path again." she turned back to the other's "He is the one I love. We have already been married in the presence of my Mother." this caused multiple jaws to drop. Mousse spoke up as he removed his glasses,

"I thought I was in love with Shampoo all I could see was her face. I was a fool, it was only a simple crush. But I am blind no more," he placed a hand on Ranma's shoulder, "I have found my love. She is a prize to me, a prize to be covetted, protected, and cherished. She helped me over come my near-blindness when other's would not even raise a finger to help," they turned and looked at eachother, "And for this I love her." then Ranma and Mousse pressed their lips together in a passionate kiss.

"Why'd you steal my Ranchan?" Ukyo growled at the pair, Ranma broke off the kiss.

"I was never yours to begin with. Now I'm Mousse-chan's, and I won't let anyone take him away from me." Everyone could only stare as the two began kissing again.

Nodoka allowed a smile of satisfaction to appear on her lips. She turned and addressed her stunned audiance.

"Love is the willingness to bear the pain of another, the wanting to make sacrifices to protect something. None of you never made those sacrifices, none of you were ever willing to bear her pain." she looked at her child and grand-children, "But he was. Mousse took up Ranma's cross so that they could be together." she happened a glance at a frantic Soun and Genma, "Also, she is now permanately locked in that form. Giving birth to her children locked her in that form permanately." she gave the older men a smirk, "By forcing her and Akane together, you dug your own graves, by engaging Ranma in further trials, you forced her farther away from those she was suppose to love. Now, Akane well never know if she could ever have loved Ranma." Then she lead the two lover's out of the room, and into the night, to a place where they could live the rest of their lives in peace.

Epilogue

Lily and Roc grew into beautiful children. Because of Mousse's curse, Roc was born with a pair of white wings that would grow with him and allow him the gift of flight, Lily on the other hand showed a great talent for both martial arts and painting, she was as talented as her mother in both fields. As for the Nerima wrecking crew, none of them fully recovered from what they had done. In their haste to keep Ranma away from Akane, they never saw her grow closer to Mousse, she was destined for happiness, and fate always finds a way.

A word from the Author: What is love? That is indeed a good question. A question that has many answer's and many meaning's. Many go searching for true love, but never find it for it does not exist, there is no 'true love', there is only the ability to be 'truly in love'. As for what happened after Ranma and Mousse after they left? That is a story for another time. However the fact still remains that though; although it may not be the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning. It is simply the end.

END