Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Boys and Girls ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Boys and Girls
A Rena-Chan Effort

Disclaimer: I don't own Ranma ½ or Sailormoon and I ain't doin' this for profit either.

Hi!!!!! This is the second chapter, enjoy! Comments PLZ!!! ^_^Boys and Girls
A Ranma Self-Insert
Chapter Two

"Just one more lap around the school... wheeze... and... wheeze... I'll be done for the morning..." Attempting to get up for the many times that morning, Serena, also known as Rena fell back onto the ground.

"Heh, maybe I overdid it a bit..."

It's been 6 months since we last saw the girl and she's settled into a daily routine quite nicely. Get up with the sun to train, sleep through class, work in the afternoon, train after dinner until she dropped. Sleep, get up the next day and repeat. Once she got the identity problem sorted out, it wasn't that hard to find a place to leave in. She had found an run-down apartment close to the school she was currently attending (the school is not Furinkan as keeping a low profile there would be hard with Nabiki's lackeys around) that also allowed animals. Star had happily settled into their little living area, a very very small room, and helped Rena train by providing helpful tips.

Getting a job had been... interesting to say the least. Needless to say, her Japanese had improved, to the point that she could get a job as a tutor in Chinese, which sure paid more than a waitress. The afternoons she didn't teach she worked at the local gym, and in return was able to use it free of charge. All in all, her life had settled into some sort of stability, and she could survive in this world with no difficulties should she choose to do so.

But, what's good about that? She was stuck in the Ranmaverse for God's sake, why would she choose to live like any ordinary person when she could possibly go hang with the Nerima Wrecking Crew?

This lead to her current problem: Martial Arts. Working out intensively for the past 6 months have put the once slack, weak girl into top physical shape, but without anyone to guide her and just relying on all the anime she's watched, Rena found that learning martial arts in this universe is no different process, you just had a better chance of defying all laws of physics. So while she could throw a mean punch, probably kick hard enough to send the average martial artist into last week, she had nothing in terms of skill and technique and could be at best, considered a brawler.

While Rena was trying to push herself off the ground for the tenth time, Star, our all time favorite rabbit was doing some thinking.

"She's been working so hard lately, maybe I can do something to help."

Browsing through the bunch of handbooks that she kept in her subspace pocket after graduation from sidekick academy, she found what she was looking for.

It was titled "Martial Arts: Instant Success" under the "101 ways to train your hero/heroine Fourth Edition". Happy that she was able to do something for her partner, Star started reading and preparing for the task.

Back in school, Rena was sleeping peacefully in Math. Feeling something bouncing off her head, she looked up,

"Wah?"

"Miss Tsukino, Since you were listening so intently to this lesson, why don't you answer the next question for us?"

Enjoying the dumbfounded look on her student's face, the teacher continued,

"Take your time Miss Tsukino, if you get it wrong the whole class will have to take a pop quiz."

"..."

Trying desperately to think of something to say, Rena went for the only thing that came to her mind,

"Uh... What was the question again?"

The whole class groaned, knowing that there'd be a quiz in the very near future and while they were used to this new girl sleeping in class, having had six months to get used to it, they still wondered how she had passed her exams. Due to her 'foreign' nature, her test scores were not made public the traditional way, rather, she got hers in a sealed envelope. They've often wondered how Rena had managed to keep a passing grade but none had the chance to ask, it seemed that she was either napping, eating or running off somewhere cursing loudly about being late.

"On the board Miss Tsukino."

The teacher sighed, it's been six months and still the girl hadn't learned to stay awake in class. What was surprising was that all of her test scores had been above average, especially in the Math/Science area. For this, none of the teachers could really do anything about her tendency to sleep in class. Still, it was fun to spring something like this on her.

Having worked out the answer while playing dumb, Rena settled for her best 'I'm a dumbass and if this is right I must've guessed' voice,

"Um... 7?"

"That is correct Miss Tsukino, you may sit down but please try to pay more attention next time."

Damn, How the hell did she manage to work it out? The teacher thought to herself. But they were disrupted by the home bell. Looking up, she was treated to the usual sight of Rena Tsukino jumping up from her desk and bolting out of the room.

"Damn, why does the teacher keep on picking on me?"

Running towards the gym, she said to herself. So absorbed in her own thoughts, she failed to identify the person in front of her and crashed into his back. Embarrassed, Rena quickly dusted herself off and started apologizing,

"I'm sooooooooo sorry! Are you okay? Y'see, I was in a hurry and I wasn't watching where I was going and I... I'll make it up to you, do you need to be taken to the doctor?"

Rule number one, never let your opponent go first.

"I'm... I'm fine miss. Are you okay?"

"You are? That's good to hear. I'm fine, anyway I have to go, can't be late for work y'know, sorry for bumping into you bye-bye!"

Rule number two, unless totally necessary, never face 'em head on, best thing to do is RUN!

Throughout all of this, not once did she look at the person she had bumped into. As soon as she finished apologizing, she ran off in the direction of the gym.

Staring at the dust cloud that was the girl who had bumped into him. The stranger thought to himself,

"What a nice girl, sure is strange to see someone with purple eyes running around."

Walking in the direction that the girl came, the stranger set to find the Tendo Dojo. Which was too bad since in was in the opposite direction.

Yep, in an attempt to be on time for work, Rena totally missed Ryoga Hibiki, the eternal lost boy.

"Yo Star, what's for dinner? Chicken flavored instant Ramen or Beef?"

Walking through the door, a very tired Rena asked, home from working and working out at the gym.

"Guess what? the manager said that I might be able to take over as the aerobics instructor when Akagi-San goes on maternalty leave. Star are you listening at all?"

Searching for the rabbit so she can glare at it, Rena gasped at what she saw.

"What the #$%@ are you doing???"

Still buried amongst the various pieces of junk, jars with 'fairy dust #whatever' on them, wands and other magical looking things, Star the talking rabbit replied in a muffled but still proud voice,

"Y'know how you've been complaining that your training isn't going too well? Well I've found a place where you can receive training of the highest quality in a very short time too!"

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

So excited was she by the fact that she could get some real training, Rena completely forgot a very important rule of survival in any anime universe: Never trust a talking rabbit, even if they mean well.

"I'm glad you liked the idea, now I've got everything ready, all you have to do is sign the agreement paper to participate in the training program"

Handing a piece of paper to Rena, the rabbit quietly sat and waited. As soon as the paper was signed, it disappeared.

One snazzy lightshow later, Rena and her little furry sidekick disappeared from their apartment to find themselves in a strange, cloudy and disgustingly cute place.

Blink Blink

"Star, are you sure this is the place?"

"Yup! This is the place, looks just like the brochure!"

Not noticing the uncomfortable twitch developing in Rena's eyes, Star cheerfully inspected the place.

"uh-huh, kinda cloudy, kinda pink, with lotsa mystical creatures around, yup, this is definitely the place."

"I said I wanted martial arts training! Not learn to be like some fairy!!!"

"Welcome to Hogwarts, you must be Serena Tsukino."

A giant blue dragon landed next to the pair and greeted them.

"This had better be some kind of joke Mr Oversized Lizard!"

Snarling, Rena grabbed the dragon by the tail and yanked. Hard.

"Owie! Stop it you violent maniac! Jeez, you're almost as bad as Akane. Sheesh."

"I AM NOTHING LIKE AKANE!!!"

Backing away nervously at the sight of a girl with an aura of anger twice her size, the dragon decided to finish the intro as fast as possible.

"Um... Actually, this is the world's best martial arts school. Species of all kinds come from all over the different universes to take a lesson from us. Usually it takes a very long time to get in but yours was a special case, some deity pulled a few strings."

"oh."

Putting the battle aura away, Rena dragged the dragon through the front gates, which was no small feat considering the dragon was three times her size and 10 times her weight.

"Let's go kick some butts!"

"Violent Tomboy."

The dragon muttered under his breath, and gulped when Rena stopped to glare at him. But it seemed that nothing could ruin her good mood and she continued her way, satisfied that the dragon was scared of her.

------Three Months Later (in magical realm time off course)-------

#Knock# #knock#

"Ah, Serena Tsukino, please, do come in."

Inside a large and very expensive looking office, a red Asian style dragon, who was in charge of the school, called out. He had a warm voice that made anyone feel comfortable, but, at the same time, implied obedience.

"Hi Mr Dragon! Look what I got today!"

Holding up a pair of platinum bracers, Rena bounced into the office. The dragon rolled his eye, it seemed that his voice, appearance, or the fact that he could kill her in an instant did nothing to faze this girl. While this hurt his pride, a lot, it was a lot more entertaining that those wimpy students who do nothing but bow and scrape.

"How many times have I told you NOT to gamble with my staff!!!"

"Hey, they could've said no! It's not like I held a gun to their head or nuthin'."

Shrugging off the angry voice, Rena continued,

"Anyway, you got anything to say? I mean, I should really be practicing."

"Actually Serena..."

Catching the girl's glare, the dragon decided to be nice.

"I mean Rena, you've pretty much finished the training, so I called you to discuss the method of payment you'd like to use."

"??? You mean this is gonna cost me?"

"Don't worry Miss, we don't charge money."

"...That's good, man you scared me for a moment there."

"No, What we here at the school charge is a minimum ten-year service for the school, in whatever your realm's time off course."

"You're kidding!!?"

"Nope, let's see, ten years in earth time is equal to..."

Fiddling around in his desk for a calculator, Rena calmly replied,

"about five hundred years here."

"Yes! That's correct! Wow, you're pretty good at math, maybe I should appoint you head of physics."

"..."

"Or, I could open up a whole new department to accommodate your talents..."

"..."

"Then it's settled, you shall do your service to th..."

*WHACK*

"Hey! Why did you hit me?"

Calmly putting the chair back where it belonged, the girl replied in the same calm manner.

"Because you deserved it."

Walking up to the headmaster and seriously wishing he wore clothes so she could pull on his collar like the movies, Rena yanked the tail that coiled around him instead.

"I will only say this once, IF you insist on this ridiculous of payment then I will turn your school into smoldering ash in a day! Do you want your precious school? or little old me? Choose. NOW!"

Sweating, the dragon thought fast, just as he thought about pressing the panic button underneath his desk, (which, sends out a massive collection of various objects so cute it's bound to either trigger diabetes and send the victim into a coma, or scare them for life.) He saw something that surprised him. While it was possible to do, very few students achieved it.

"...you're...you're... you have the spirit of a dragon..."

"Huh?"

Letting go of the dragon momentarily to see what he meant, Rena found a dragon shaped aura within her, naturally, right now it was icy blue.

"So?"

"Um, since you're technically one of us, you don't have to pay for the training. However, you do have the choice of staying here or going back to your own universe. But you can come visit anytime."

"Off course I'm going, got people ta meet and beat up y'know."

A little more friendlier now that the payment issue has been resolved, Rena smiled in anticipation of what's to come. Hangin' out with the Nerima crew, definitely cool.

"Well then, this is the pendant that allows you to visit anytime but you can't take anyone with you until you've reached elite status."

"How'd I do that?"

"Don't worry about it, it's basically assessed on your everyday life."

"Well can I go then?"

"Yeah off course. Have a good day Miss Tsukino, Congratulations, you've graduated from the best Martial Arts School in all the universes combined."

"Jeez, can't you guys think of a more original name than that? Well, Thanks anyway, seeya!"

"Hey Star! I've graduated, we can leave now!"

Bouncing into her dorm, Rena called out to her magical rabbit sidekick thingie.

"Um.. There's something I've been meaning to tell you. I... I fell in love with this miniature dragon and we're going to get married."

Blushing, Star looked at the ground while Rena looked shocked.

"That means you can't come home with me right?"

"... sorry, but talking animals like us are accepted here. Besides, it's nice here."

"That's okay Star, but come visit anytime okay?"

"You're not mad?"

"Nah, anyway, unlike you, I can't wait to get out of here, now what did the dragon say about getting home? Oh yeah, just use the elevator..."

Walking off to find the elevator that would take her home, Rena didn't notice the smirk on Star's face, nor did she notice the rabbit transform into a familiar looking black cat with a crescent moon on its forehead.

------------------

"Man, it's sure good to be back somewhere normal."

Breathing a sign of relief, Rena looked around. No dragons, fairies or other magical creatures, just people walking around. Nothing on the ground made out of clouds either, the three months spent in that school was productive, and she was sure now that she'd be able to survive with the Nerima wrecking crew.

"Ah my Shampoo! I've come to win your affection!"

*Glomp*

"Wait! You're not Shampoo! You're... did you by any chance fall into a cursed spring?"

Even without his glasses, Mousse could tell that humans were not meant to be scaly, and resemble a miniature dragon. Confused by the question, Rena looked down. And screamed.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH! Wait till I get my hands on you you stupid pathetic excuse of a #$#% @#$234 dragon!!!"

Staring openmouthed at the still cursing dragon-chan, Mousse picked it up by the tail and walked towards the Nekohatten. Perhaps Cologne could figure this weird girl-turned dragon out.

End Chapter Two
So, What didja think?
Comments Welcome! Rena Chan