Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Chaos in the Year 2196 ❯ More Action and the Escape into Space ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Light: wow…I can’t believe all the responses I got from this. Looks like I was right to go with this one. I know that Ranma was OOC in the last chapter and I plan to get him back to the normal troublemaking Ranma soon. And as for the possible pairings here’s how the suggestions have been so far. Ruri Hoshino: several people suggested her for Ranma’s love interest this surprised me to no end; one Ranma is older than she is, although she does act a hell of a lot older than the rest of the crew. Megumi Reinard: 1 person suggested this one I might but I’m still gonna keep her chasing Akito till after they find out about the Jovians. Ryoko Subaru: 2 this one is an intresting suggestion, I know some people think Ranma’s a masochist. I’m not one of them. I personally thought that Gemma didn’t raise him properly and how to react around women, thus the said case of Saotome Foot-in-Mouth Disease. She still a possibility if I pair Akito with a different person, I’m not pairing him with Yurika. Hikaru Amano (Yes Lord Rance that’s how it’s spelled): 1 this one had the highest possibility of working and I agree with your opinion of her Lord Rance. I’m also planing something else with her and you’ll figure it out after this chapter or the next (I plan to cover episodes 2 and 3 in this one if I can). Haruka Minato: 2 this one is very intresting…she’s older than Ranma (Mentally), but there’s still Goat Hory and the Jovian that’s a dead ringer for Gai. Also acouple of the Homei girls were suggested although, I’m trying to focus on a Main Character Paring.

Akito: my god, and I though that I had too much time on my hands your worse.

Light: [a variation of the Soun Tendo Demon head trick] quiet or I’ll pair you with Ruri.

[Akito cowers in fear of the demon head]

Ruri: nothing but a bunch of idiots.

Light: there was a number in the last chapter I forgot to explain. I changed the cannon timeline for Ranma, my understanding was that Takahashi-sama set Ranma in the mid 1980s, and has for the anime references well think about it. Martian Successor Nadesico was famous for it’s Otaku jokes why not go further. [Looks through the reviews] I think I’ve covered everything now for the disclaimer.

Disclaimer: See first chapter for disclaimer

Chapter 2
More Action and the Escape into Space

December 28, 2196: Aestivalis Hanger, Nadesico

All was not quiet as the as the Mechanics worked tirelessly on the Aestivalis. The two decoys Aestivalis Pilot’s, Ranma and Akito had just returned to the hanger.

Hory was waiting for Akito as he got out of his robot. "So what now?" Akito asked as he stopped in front of the very tall man.

"To begin with you piloted the robot." Hory started in a calm manner, "and you’ve done a lot of things that we’re not happy about. But we’re not soldiers, so…SHUT UP!" he yelled to quiet the mechanics.

"Why are you letting him off so easily?" Gai said as he decided to through his two cents into this conversation. "He stole my shining moment to be the heroic pilot."

"Oi Gai who was it that broke his own leg." Ranma said letting them know he was still there as Gai facefaulted, "That’s what I thought"

Getting from his trip to the floor, Gai continued on to berate Akito, "And anyway he’s rude. Worse than anybody I’ve seen, real or animated. And the way he badmouths the lovely captain is just wrong."

"Oi Gai he may have a reason, but it’s up to him to tell us why." Ranma pointed out.

"Nevertheless," Hory said placing a hand on Akito’s shoulder, "we need you to stand by as a backup pilot at least until we can get more pilots. You’ll be paid more than if you worked as a cook."

"But I am a cook." Akito said as Hory left, "All I ever wanted to be was a cook."

* * *

Ranma walked down the hall towards the mess hall he heard a faint, "Just listen to yourself." And a door opening a few feet down and Akito walking out in his yellow cook uniform with Yurika tailing him, He reminds me of myself long ago, even though I do slightly miss the attention I don’t mind having the spotlight off me for now. His eyes widened as he watched Yurika grab several cans from the recycling bin and hurl them at Akito. Damn she’s got an arm on her, she’s definitely related to Xian Pu.

He walked by them as they were putting back the cans. And what they said triggered every on in the room besides them two to facefault…"Empty Cans…go into the recycling bin."

Ranma could have sworn that as he was kissing the floor he heard someone ever so faintly say "A bunch of idiots". He shrugged it off and proceeded to get him some food. But before he could get him a Mars’s bowl, he and the captain were paged to the bridge. Wonder what they need me for oh well I’ll probably just catch a nap at my station. He thought as he trotted to the bridge.

As the main bridge crew was assembled, Prospector started the meeting. "As to the reason that we kept the final destination of the Nadesico a secret was to stop anyone who would try to thwart our mission. The Nadesico was not built for the Earth Theater of the Jovian/Earth war." He continued as he adjusted his glasses, "We will be implementing Project Schiaparelli while operating outside the UEAF’s control."

The weathered old Admiral took this to continue with the mission debriefing, "Our destination is Mars."

This garnered a reaction from the entire bridge crew except for Hory and Prospector and the admiral. "Cool" was Ranma’s calm reply as he leaned back by the second deck (A/N where he’s leaning is where Minato, Ruri and Megumi are all seated in the bridge).

An argument broke out over which duty came first, Protect Earth or to protect the Martian and Lunar Colonies. This kept going until Munetake’s ugly mug appeared on the screen saying, "You’ll do no such thing." To prove the point several armed soldiers entered the bridge, training their weapons on them.

"Munetake have you gone insane!" the Admiral yelled at the UEAF officer.

Munetake chuckled a bit, "The United Earth Armed Forces will be taking this ship now."

"Baka," Came Ranma’s response, "Why would you want to capture the crew, besides if you guys tried to subdue me you guys wouldn’t even give me a decent workout."

Gai took this time to add his two-cent’s into the discussion, "I get it your Jovian spies sent to stop us." This rewarded him with four gun barrels pointed in his face.

Munetake however approached Ranma with a shit-eating grin, "You think you’re the best fighter around. Personally I don’t think you would stand a chance against me." To prove his point he launched at Ranma with a fierce punch to Ranma’s stomach only to hear the sound of several bones breaking in his hand.

Ranma responded with his own grin, "I’ve been trained for 10 years none stop and several months of fighting constantly. I barely felt that one are you sure you’re stronger than me, cause that didn’t prove shit…urk." He responded only to be knocked out by the butt of a machine gun from a soldier behind him.

"Baka." muttered Ruri from her post on the bridge.

A beeping sound from Munetake’s comm watch a soldier appeared on a small screen. "Sir we have captured the rest of the crew, the Nadesico is ours. Orders sir?"

"Yes take them to the Galley until the 3rd space fleet under Admiral Misumaru." Came Munetake’s reply as three battle ships surfaced from underwater in front of the Nadesico.

Ranma’s unconscious form was carried off as Admiral Misumaru appeared on screen begging his daughter to turn over the Nadesico over to the UEAF. The soldiers carrying him tossed him on a table in the galley and returned to the bridge.

"What happened to him?" Akito asked as he looked over the pigtailed pilot.

"Don’t ask me I wasn’t on the bridge!" Uribatake replied. "Get a washcloth soaked in cold water to put over his head."

Akito nodded and ran off to get a washcloth. "I got it!" he said as he brought back the cloth and placed it on Ranma’s forehead. The change was instantaneous and suddenly before the two of them laid a smaller bustier redhead.

"Nani…" came the slight reply to everyone who witnessed the event.

"It’s a curse he’s got." Gai said as he was pushed in the door, "cold water triggers the change warm water changes him back."

"That’s Bullshit Gai," Came Akito’s response, "that’s from Ran ½ and you know it."

"But that series was based," Gai said shifting back to his fanboy voice, "on his adventures. Although they changed the names and most of his ten year training trip, trust me it’s not for the faint of heart."

A groan tore the attention from Gai back to Ranma, "Ok did anyone get the name of that mallet that hit me?" as she shook the cobwebs out of her head.

"I believe it was Mallet-sama, Ranma-chan." Gai jokingly said emphasizing the Ranma-chan part.

"Huh," Ranma looked and saw that she was now female, "Ano…I can explain…I think." she said before he started a complete overview of his life. She had to restart when the rest of the bridge crew got there and asked where Ranma-kun was and had to wait while most of the female crewmembers had to expel their stomachs due to his experiences with the Neko-ken. The guys laughed their heads off at his many fiancée’s he had before his unfortunate accident with Akane’s cooking. "Well that’s pretty much it. Any questions?"

Minato raised her hand. "Where you born a man or woman?"

Ranma facefaulted, "That one is pretty much the standard first question every one asks but for your information I was born a guy but my curse is of the Nyaniichan or spring of the drowned girl if you want a technical name." She said before she got a question on how her curse works, "If someone will get me two glasses of hot water and a glass I’ll show you all how this works."

"One second Ranma-chan," Akito said as he ran back into the galley and brought back three glasses filled with water.

"Thanks…" Ranma said as Akito sat the water in front of Ranma she took one of the glasses of warm water and dumped over her head returning to his original from. "This is my birth form." He said as he took the lone glass of cold water and dumped it over his head returning to his cursed form, "And this is my Nyaniichan form a direct mirror image of what I would look like if I was born as a woman. And before anyone gets any ideas the change is complete." She blushed a bit at that confession before she dosed herself with remaining glass of hot water.

"So our dreams of freedom lasted one day talk about dumb luck," Uribatake said after Ranma’s show and tell all the while envious of Ranma, And to think he can change his gender with simple water.

"Now that is done I’m gonna get me some milk." Gai said heading towards the galley.

Ranma sat down at a table with Megumi, the communications officer, Minato, the Helms-woman, and Ruri, the science officer/computer operator. "I’m very disappointed." Megumi said to no one unparticular, "I come on board this ship hoping to meet some dashing young knight in shinning armor."

"Well, Megumi," Minato said sounding like she’s been down that road before, "life is like that."

Megumi turn her head to see Gai and Seiya arguing over milk and evil, "This ship is full of very strange characters." She turned to see Ranma wince, "Gomen I forgot about your curse." She said sounding very apologetic.

"It’s ok Reinard-san I’m used to being considered a freak." Ranma said in his normal tone but his eyes had a look of deep sadness and regret. "I just hope someone actually closed off Juesnkyo over the 2 centuries I’ve been out."

Suddenly Gai jumped in the middle of the cafeteria and said, "What in the hell is wrong with this picture, three girls and a guy all looking depressed." He squeezed his box of milk and continued, "All right then I’ll show you something out of my personal collection." He pulled out a mini-dvd player from his jacket and from his side container a collection of Mini-dvd’s.

Ranma raised an eyebrow, "You know some people might not like it, but what the hell it’s something to past the time with."

Gai tried to look cool as Seiya fiddled with the A/V connections to the player and the giant screen. "Relax Ranma it’s all cool when they see it for the work of art that it is they’ll understand." Seiya mentioned that his player was hooked up and ready to go. "OKAY!!!" he said as he sat down in front of the player as he slid a mini-dvd into the player, "Disk, inserted" he pressed the on button, "Switch on!!!" he announced as the screen flickered to life and began to load the data on the disk.

To say the least that the crowd minus Gai and Ranma were stunned at his choice of Gekigangar 3, "Ah…Yes the neglected classic of 2096 Gekigangar 3, 39 episodes of pure brilliance…"

"Hey that’s not the opening I’ve seen before." Akito said interrupting him.

Gai got into his face and with a look of pure joy, "You can tell, this opening here is the original first opening which lasted to episode 3 when the classic opening took it’s place." Then realization struck him when he saw that it was Akito who said it, "Oh it’s you." he responded before he got all high and mighty about Akito not having any right to talk about Gekigangar the words back and forth devolved to a growling contest.

"Ano…guys the episode is starting and I don’t want to miss it." Ranma said both Gai and Akito where in his way of the screen. Just as he finished saying that the announcing of the episode title shut the two up, at least it didn’t stop them from cheering on the start of the episode.

As the episode progressed through it’s course the majority of the crew either fell asleep or just found something else to do. Hory wondered if the yelling of the attack names was some part of a voice recognition system. Gai just prattled on about how dramatic the series was and how it inspired him to become a giant robot pilot.

"Is it just me," Ranma said to no one unparticular, "or is this series a cross between those old Sentai shows and Mecha Anime." Being the only person from the 20th Century no one got his reference.

Akito got up and grabbed a wok from the Galley and bopped the guy guarding them, "Okay, I’m going in the robot to retrieve the captain. I wanna protect Mars, even though the earth government has abandoned her I still wanna protect her, isn’t that what you guys joined up for?" He asked as the ship rocked with a silent explosion as the other two frigates, the Crocus and the Pansy, under Admiral Misumaru came under attack.

Ranma stated with his trademark smirk, "You gonna need help with this: Hory, Gai, Megumi and Ruri head for the hanger I’ll secure the bridge." With that he dashed off towards the bridge.

"That guy must have a death wish." Seiya said.

Gai just shook his head, "No he knows exactly how much his body can take, plus and I quote ‘Saotome Ranma never loses.’"

* * *

Ranma rushed down the hall. He was in his natural element, pure chaos. Troops were flying as well as bullets, Ranma smirked and let his battle aura forth with a brilliant yellow glow.

To the troops it looked like Ranma was covered with yellow flame, "No way it can’t be a Super Saiya-jin," said one of the troops as Ranma stuck his hands out in a manner in which he was gathering some of the flame the other troops panicked and ran away.

Ranma smirked as he saw a lone solider left standing there in a fighting stance, "Not bad, I didn’t create my first battle aura until my mid 20’s. Now why don’t you just introduce yourself so I can add your name to the list of people I’ve beaten."

"Saotome Ranma, Grandmaster of Musabetsu Kakuto Happosai, Saotome and Tendo-Ryu, I also hold Master ranking in over 30 different schools including Amazon Wu Shu and Jeet Kune Doe." Ranma said standing there thinking, And now to quote the old Ghoul, with a slight smirk, "And your 200 years to young to beat me." With that he rushed toward his challenger.

The Man was caught off guard when Ranma rushed him and smashed his jaw in with his first attack. "Musabetsu Kakuto Ryu, I though it died out when Happosai died." Then it came to him, "So you’re that Ranma Saotome the sleeping martial artist, brought down by your own loves cooking." He said with laugh, little did he know that Ranma’s Aura changed from a bright yellow to a sickly green color.

"Insult my fiancée that’s ok she was a kawaiikune tomboy anyway, insult my family, fine they were slightly deranged to begin with." He said with a cold tone as his aura kept getting darker until it was a deep forest green. He looked at the poor sap dead in the eye, "But no one…I repeat…no one insults me and gets away with it." He put his hands in front of him gathering the chi from his aura. "PERFECT SHI SHI HOKUDAN!" he yelled as he released the ball of chi toward his dumbfounded opponent.

Such emotions! Was the last conscious thought the solider thought when the chi blast hit him.

Ranma watched the twitching unconscious solider a few minutes before running the rest of the way to the bridge. To his surprise when he got there he found that Ms. Howmei, the head cook, had already subdued the delusional general. Now the rest of the crew was watching Akito make a fool of himself as he tried to fight the Chulip with a land frame and Gai coming in the right time with the needed frame. Ranma sweat dropped with Gai decided to give the simple head switch a call sign. "Cross Clash" Ranma muttered in awe as the Head unit Gai was in unattached itself from the Air Frame at the same time Akito’s unit had attached itself to the air frame.

The Crew facefaulted when Gai kept going his Hero mode giving Akito advice and using a Distortion Field Attack, "Gekigan Flare" Akito called it. Now the kid has got himself an Aesti Finisher. Ranma thought as Akito’s Gekigan Flare ripped through the tentacles of the Chulip. Now only if the Kanchou would actually tried to avoid the Chulip instead of actually heading for the event horizon of the chulip. He thought as the saw from the main screen that the Nadesico was indeed heading for the Event Horizon of the Chulip. Darkness claimed him as they entered the chulip he could of sworn he heard the captain was ordering the Gravity Blast cannon when he lost track of things. (A/N That’s right folks he fainted you can pelt me with rotten fruit later but this is how I’m gonna transition to Episode 3)

* * *

Three Days Later.

Ranma, Gai and Akito were sitting back in their Quarters watching Gekigangar 3. Ranma hasn’t heard the end of his fainting spell ever sense he’s awoken from it. "How was I supposed to know she was gonna use the Gravity Blast Cannon when the Chulip closed it’s event horizon."

"Yeah sure." Gai said his voice dripping with sarcasm. The ship rocked with explosions just as the pilots of Gekigangar 3 were pinned down by the villain. "Damn those UEAF buffoons." Gai said as he grabbed the makeshift screen they had set up trying to stabilize the screen and Akito was holding down their projector. Ranma on the other hand looked calm as a cucumber.

As Gai explained how the Nadesico’s Distortion Field worked, Ranma got up and started stretching. "Oi Saotome what are you doing?"

"Stretching getting ready for the mission here in a couple hours. You do know were gonna have to fight it out with the Third Defensive Line of Earth’s Big Barrier." Ranma said as he headed for the door, "I’ll see you at the hanger bay in a few." With that he opened the door and jogged off.

As he jogged down the hall he ran into the captain, "Ohayo Captain." He said as he passed by and slightly picked up the pace. Though she admitted to him earlier that she was indeed related to Xian Pu, who now looks like Kun Lon from Yurika’s admission, she said that the kiss of marriage was removed from him a month after he went into cryo sleep. He still wasn’t sure if he could take that at face value or not thus his increased pace.

As he continued jogging down the hall he saw Seiya handling the UEDF captives. "How long do you think you’ll be able to get away with this imprisonment?" said one of the captured guards as the rest began to complain.

"Keep it up." Seiya said, "And I’ll customize your asses and leave your brain to enjoy it. Keep still for awhile damn it!" And walked off.

Ranma stopped on the other side of the door and heard "How was it" and the reply "It’s to easy! Using a rope this day and age they really are amateurs"

Ranma smirked as he stepped in front of the door. "Oh really you think were amateurs huh then how about I take this knife from you and scramble the code to unlock the door." He said taking the knife from the soldier cutting his bonds, "we’re gonna drop you off on a cargo ship just outside of the Big Barrier so don’t get your underwear in a bunch." He committed as he left with the door closing behind him and a tone saying that the access code was scrambled as the general quarters alarm was sounded.

Ranma dashed toward the hanger seeing that Akito and Gai were already in their Aesti’s he runs to his mecha. "Andy how’s my Aesti today?" he asked as he jumped to the opening of the pilot bubble

"She’s in prime condition sir and she’s ready for action." Came his Tech’s reply as Ranma closed the pilot bubble. He activated the computer systems and activated his comm system, "This is Skull Leader to Gunsite 1 come in Gunsite 1?"
Megumi’s face came in on a floating screen "I read you Ranma," she said as she became confused with the designations, "But I’ve got to ask who is Gunsite 1?"
Ranma smirks as Gai came on the channel, "Ranma quit confusing the bridge crew with your Macross references."
Again Megumi was clueless as Ranma explained. "It’s another old anime I used to watch. Gunsite 1 was the Call Sign of the bridge of the Macross to the Valkyrie pilots, and Skull Leader was the call sign for the leader of skull squadron the elite Valkyrie squadron of the Macross."
Gai slapped his face acouple times, "All right!" he said moving his Aesti to the catapult yelling "Get out of my way! Move it, move it!"
Ranma tuned out Gai pointless banter as Hory and Seiya gave instructions for communication equipment and with a short, "Roger that" he closed the main channel and kept open the Short Range channels for Aesti to Aesti communication as Gai’s Aestivalis was shot from the catapult into space. Akito’s stepped on next "Good luck Tenkawa" Ranma said as to Akito as his Aestivalis launched as well. As he stepped on to the ramp that would shoot him out of the hanger, he thought back to his second day out of the cryo pod.
(Begin Flashback Sequence)

Nergal Heavy Industries September 28, 2196

Ranma sat in Prospector’s office stunned as he was still trying to get use to the fact that he’s been asleep for 200 years and it shocked him severely. "So what’s the particulars of this agreement you want me to sign?" He asked.

Prospector looked down at him though his glasses. "The agreement states that during your time on board the Nadesico depending on the number of missions you’re sent out on an amount of your debt will be deducted from it. Also anytime you happen to find anything of value on Mars another amount will be deducted from your standing account. I hope this agreement will be beneficial to both you and Nergal."

Ranma looked at the contracted and what Prospector said was stated in plain Japanese (A/N yes pun intended.). He looked up and said, "Got a pen?"

(End Flashback)

I got nothing better to do in this century
, Ranma though back to the events that got him stationed on the Nadesico. Besides it’s controlling this mech is pretty fun. The Ramp shot forward launching him into the upper atmosphere. He activated his radar and picked up the enemy units. "Ranma to all Aesti pilots I got incoming units looks like the Third Defensive line." He said

As the Enemy Units approached the comm came alive with Jun Aoi, the First Officer, voice yelling, "Tenkawa Akito, Prepare to die!" and the lead unit darted toward the pink Aestivalis.

Ranma was shocked at hearing someone use Ryoga’s battle cry, and somewhat nervous. I just hope this guy isn’t related to Pig Boy hasn’t carried on the old bread feud that happened along time ago.

Gai’s face appeared on a floating screen. "Brings back old memories doesn’t it Ranma?" As his mecha flew off towards the remaining units not engaged in combat. "Sense Cook boy has his hands full me and Ranma are you opponents this evening."

With Gai statement jerked Ranma back to reality and charged the UEDF mechs. He activated his Distortion Field and channeled it to his right arm and over an open channel, "This is something I picked up in Southtown…BURN KNUCKLE!" as the Distortion Field flared around the fist and tore through one of the stabilizer rockets.

Gai whistled in approval, "Nice move! Didn’t know you knew Terry "Lonely Wolf" Bogard?"

Ranma chuckled, "I’ll explain later we got ass to kick." He said as his distortion flared up again this time similar to his battle aura he cupped the Aesti’s hands in front of him and gathered some of the distortion field into a ball. "And now for my money maker…Moko Takabisha!" He yelled as his Aesti’s hands flared out launching the ball of energized distortion field to the enemy units disabling their stabilizing rockets, "That’s that now for our part timer." Ranma said as he orientated his mecha to watch the duel between Aoi and Akito. The com chatter pretty much proved what Ranma had thought was the reason Aoi charged Akito, Man this guy is all over that Amazon and is blaming Akito for taking her…It’s like Mousse and Ryoga combined. Then to Gai, "Think it’s time we helped Newbie out?"

"No it’s a personal duel of honor between two giant robot pilots." Gai started.

"Gai…you know that this is about Yurika not a mecha duel." Ranma pointed out much to Gai disappointment, "Plus we need to recover Aoi anyway he’s the first officer." He stated as he rocketed off toward the dueling mecha.

Akito was having a rough time of it with Aoi who was charging him right and left, if it weren’t for the distortion field he would probably be dead. "What did I do to piss you off?" he asked.

"What did you do…you stole my Yurika you womanizing twit. Now die enemy of all women." Aoi yelled as he aimed a missile at Akito’s Mecha.

"I don’t want that Nutbar you idiot she followed me around when we were kids." He said as he dodged the missile, "Besides she’s pretty oblivious if she can’t tell your feelings to her."

"That maybe true but I knew her ever sense she moved back to earth all she ever talked about was Akito this and Akito that and how come you can’t be more like my Akito." Jun spat, "It’s almost sickening being compared to you, and with you dead I can have her to myself." He laughed as he charged one last time.

Akito braced for impact. When nothing happened he check his forward screen Ranma and Gai were their holding Jun’s Mecha away from him. Ranma’s face came over the screen, "Well that takes care of the third defensive line lets head back to the Nadesico it should be at a high enough altitude to start the Phase Transition Engines. Besides I got some trash we got to throw off this ship anyway."

* * *

Ranma and Uribatake lead the UEDF force stationed here to a cargo shuttle. Seiya with a gun and Ranma flaring his battle aura ushered them into the ship. Once they were sealed in there with enough Gai in his Aestivalis picked up the shuttle and tossed it out the hanger doors.

As the doors closed Ruri came on with the countdown till the Phase Transition Engines activated. Ranma felt the slight tremble as the engines activated and as they forced there way out of the big barrier. So long Earth, hello outer space, the wild horse is ready to go. He though as they set course for the satellite SM 2.

End Chapter 2

[Queue up the Nadesico next episode music]

Narrator: Next time on Chaos in the Year 2196, the crew starts the journey across the vastness that is Space and 3 more beautiful girls make there way onto the Nadesico. How will the crew and our Pigtailed hero handle this suitation? Next time…Ruri’s Log stay tuned?

[Back to normal]

Light: whew this one was harder than I expected and I hope I was able to entertain you. I know I didn’t kill Gai, hell I wasn’t gonna lose a source of comedy relief especially with Hikaru Amano showing up next episode, the whole thing with the Doujishi/Manga thing will come up with them. Now again any suggestions for Distortion field moves for Ranma to use I have a couple already planed but I want acouple more. Thanks again to every one who has helped me with this chapter.