Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny of the Magi ❯ Hi this is fate knocking ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Oh god.. oh god.. oh god...*

A girl ran with her green hair streamed behind her as fast as she can through the deserted streets.

*Come on.. where is it...*

BOOOM

BOOOM

BOOOM

The Earth shook as each the creature got closer and closer to the girl.

*Damn... he's here...*

The girl winced as the shaking starts to increase signaling the coming of the creature she's running from.

BOOOM

BOOOM

BOOOM

"Oh my... you shouldn't be out right now when a monster is roaming the streets."

The girl facefaulted as another girl, about a head taller than her, with brown hair and blue dress with an apron is happily sweeping the pavement in front of her house.

"Umm... miss, err.. can you direct me to the Tendo Dojo?"

The other girl smiled, "Oh, you're in front of it right now."

The green haired girl slaps her forehead, "I need to talk to Soun Tendo NOW!"

"Father?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Act one: Present

Chapter one:

Hi this is fate knocking.

*Note: All text in * are thoughts.

"Father, there's someone here trying to find you!"

Soun Tendo walked up to the front door to find a green haired eyed girl wearing a white cape covering her body with a pattern of dragons, blue in color, bordering the bottom of the cape. Her hair is obviously dyed to the color since you can see that the root of her hair is light brown. Her gray eyes seemed to absorb all the colors around her making it seemingly multi-colored.

"You're Soun Tendo?"

"Yes, I am."

The girl sighed in relieve and smiled a little before reverting to her serious expression, "Tendo-san, I need something of your family's."

"What might that be young lady?"

"Your family blade, then Chinese blade Long Xien Dao."

Soun frowned, "Why do you need our family's blade?"

The girl bit her lip before reaching into her cape trying to find something.

*Damnit! Where is it... GOT IT!*

The girl pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to the Tendo patriarch.

Soun nodded as he read the piece of paper, "Very well... I shall hand the blade over to you."

"Do not worry Tendo-san, I will keep the Long Sen Dao save." The girl assured, "You WILL see it again."

The girl sighed in relieve as Soun went into the house to fetch the blade.

"Excuse me, would you like some tea ma'am?" The girl jumped a little.

"Umm... that would be great err..."

"Tendo Kasumi." Kasumi bowed.

"I'd like some tea Kasumi, thank you."

*Good... after this, we BETTER get a vacation.*

"Miss, here's our family blade." Soun said, carefully handing the blade over the girl.

"Thank you Tendo-san," The girl bowed, "I will be back in about half an hour to return the blade... if every thing goes well."

"Best of luck," Soun nodded, "and may the goddess of protection watch over you."

The girl just smiled and ran off.

****************************************************** **************************

The girl glanced at the blade with curiosity, *Why would a Chinese magical blade be in the hands of a Japanese family*

Like the blade's story and how it got to Japan, its design is also a mystery. One would say that it is almost a stupid design. There is nothing really special in its magical ability, except that it has a very strong dispel spell ingrained into it, the perfect magic null weapon. The point that made it special is the blade's own design. Unlike all types of swords, where the blade is practically the same width all along it, this blade's widens as it goes closer to the 'tip' of the blade making it look like a fan, hence it's name: The Dragon Fan Blade. Its sheath is equally unique as u can't pull it out by pulling it from the handle, to unsheathe this sword, you must remove the sheath from the blade by pulling it sideways.

*God, he better appreciate what I'm doing for him... that idiot*

BOOOOM

"Oh great... now I don't need to find him." The girl groaned once more before readying herself, "YOU OWE ME BIG TIME THIS TIME YOU HEAR ME!"

The creature, which resembles a giant fox, tilted his head sideways and studied the girl in front of him.

"Well, here goes..."

****************************************************** **************************

^28 minutes later^

"Hmm... that girl should be done by now." Soun glanced at the clock.

"WHAT! I OWE YOU! HA! IF IT WASN'T FOR ME, YOU'D BE THE ONE LIKE THAT!"

"WHAT! LIKE I'D BE SO STUPID TO GET HIT BY A SPELL LIKE THAT!"

"SO YOU'RE CALLING ME AN AMATUER NOW HUH!"

"YEAH! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT!"

Soun frowned and walked outside to see what the commotion was all about to find himself greeted by the site of a boy and the girl from before ripping at each other's hair.

"Ahem..."

The two 'fighters' stopped and stared at the Tendo Patriarch.

"Umm... sorry about that." The boy said.

"Err... here's your blade back Tendo-san." The girl said hesitantly and slowly handed the blade back to its owner.

"Would you please come it for some tea, I would personally like to know who the two of you are and why you needed our family blade."

The boy started to speak but the girl stopped him, "Certainly, we would love to."

"But we still need to-"

The girl just glared at him.

"Fine."

"Great! If you would follow me."

****************************************************** **************************

"Thank you." The girl smiled and nodded politely as Kasumi handed her a cup of tea while the boy just grunted.

"Now if yo-"

"I'M HOME!"

"Don't need to shout you know Akane."

Kasumi smiled pleasantly as her two sisters walked into the living room. "Welcome back."

"Why are you back so early?"Soun frowned.

"Oh, school was canceled because of that giant fox thingy destroyed the school field."

Nabiki looked at the two new faces in their house and notice the young man, who is wearing a cape that is pure black except for the silver border at the bottom of the cape, started to sweat at the mention of the 'giant fox thingy'

"Who might those two me."

"Oh they were about to tell us." Kasumi replied and led her two sisters to the table.

"As I was saying, would you like to introduce yourself." Soun said gesturing to his guests.

The girl sighed and took a drink from her cup, "I'm Kikori Sekihari... I was sent to here to get to Long Sen Dao to finish a mission I was sent to do."

"Ahh, I see... so I guess that your mission was successful."

"Well you don't see a giant fox wannabe running around anymore right." Kikori smirked and her companion just glared at her.

"And you young man?"

The young man blinked, "Err... I'm... I'm Ranma Saotome, the only surviving member of the Saotome School of Anything goes martial arts. And I guess I'm Kikori's partner."

Soun did a gasped, "Saotome?"

Ranma starts to sweat as Soun starts to leer at him.

"Yes... I see a resemblance to Nodoka."

"You knew my mother?" Ranma frowned.

"Yes sh-"

"Yes I know," Ranma looked down at his cup of tea, "Don't need to tell me."

The room went silent for a few minutes.

"Well we shouldn't be bothering you any longer Tendo-san." Kikori said friendly, "We should be going now."

"Won't you stay for dinner?" Kasumi asked.

"That's quite all right," Kikori replied, "We really should be going, who knows, we might see each other another time."

Ranma stood up quickly and bowed towards Soun and Kasumi lead him to the front door.

"I'm sorry for my partner's lack of manners, but he's not too good with people." Kikori said apologetically.

"No worries young lady, I hope we will meet at a later date."

****************************************************** **************************

Kikori jogged a little to catch up with Ranma, "What in the goddess's name was that!"

"Whaddaya mean?"

"I mean, sure you're a jerk, but you're usually not like that." Kikori stated.

"..."

"Ranma..."Kikori sighed, "It's about Tendo-san talking about your family isn't it?"

"..."

"What do you have against your past anyway." She sighed again.

Ranma just replied with a low growl.

"Fine... be that way." Kikori 'Hmphed' and pulled out a cell phone from her cape and pressed the quick dial.

Ranma kept pace with Kikori as she talked into her cell phone.

*Heh, tons of different spells can be cast and not one of them can get ya to talk to someone overseas... sheesh Magic is SO over rated sometimes*

"Ranma, we don't have a vacation yet."

Ranma sighed disappointed.

"The good news is, we don't need to travel anywhere."

"Huh?"

"We're suppose to set up something here so we can have a permanent site in this town." Kikori explained.

"Why in this town? How long?"

"Well we're going to have to live here for at least one year and we're going to have financial support from the tower for one month, then we're on our own." Kikori said, "As for the why, he just told us to sit and wait and maybe have one of our lover's spats."

Ranma chuckled, "Landal?"

"Who else." Kikori sighed, "I hate him sometimes."

****************************************************** **************************

"I've commanded Ranma and Kikori to set up a permanent safe house for the mage tower in Nerima, Elder."

"Good job Landal."

"Thank you Elder."

"Now, we just need to sit tight and let the winds of destiny carry us."

Landal frowned, "But don't you think putting Ranma there is a bit unwise, he may disrupt the plans."

"The Saotome boy will not disrupt my plan."

"But Elder, he-"

"Yes I know, I was there remember..."

"Do you think we did the right thing?"

"No... I don't."

The two sighed in unison and watched the moon shine it's light on to earth through the window of the room.

"We can only hope this works."

"If this works, we won't need to worry about a single thing."

"Hope you are right Elder."

****************************************************** **************************

"You should relax Ki-chan, after all, we have one month of unlimited cash, we should have fun with it." Ranma said with a roguish grin.

"And might I remind you what happened the last time we went along with your plan to 'have fun' with our 'unlimited cash'." Kikori said.

"Stuck up." Ranma muttered, "Anyways, like ya said, we have to live here for a while right?"

The green haired girl nodded and gave Ranma a cautious look.

"So we should, errr, blend in."

Kikori looked and Ranma and raised her eyebrows, "And what do you suggest?"

"I say we go to school!" Ranma said proudly.

"You just want an excuse not to work." Kikori sighed and pulled out a real estate pamphlet, "Anyways, what's the point of going to school; I mean we learned all the things up to high school in the mage tower."

Ranma shivered, "Don't remind me."

Kikori hid a smile, "Well we still need to find a address so we can sign up for school."

The pig-tailed boy grinned, "I KNEW you'd see it my way."

Kikori shook her head, "Only for one month, we can get some customers by going to school for our new shop."

Ranma made a face, "Shop... PLEASE tell me we're not goin' for the mysterious magic shop idea again."

The girl shrugged, "Not like you can think of a better idea."

Ranma sighed in defeat, "Guess ya right."

"Well look at it this way,"Kikori said as she flicked the pamphlet towards Ranma who caught it, "At least we get a discount for buying that one."

Ranma stared at Kikori as if she grew another head, "We have an unlimited budget and ya concerned about the price?"

"The Beijing incident." Kikori said wiry.

"Never mind." Ranma said sheepishly.

"You know what's the best part of the deal is with that building" Kikori said.

"What?"

"We can get it right now."

"Huh?"

The green haired girl just smirked, "Unlike SOME people, I actually plan ahead. This afternoon, while your were busy stuffing your face with food, I made a few calls and made a deal with the owner of the building, he's agreed to let us live in the house today given that they are still IN the house."

"So we'll be living in the guest room huh?"

"Nope, I am living in the guest room, YOU are sleeping on the sofa."

"Oh come on, we slept in the same sleeping bag before, why can't I sleep in the same room as you."Ranma reasoned.

Kikori blushed, "We did that when we we're kids training in the mage tower, that's different."

Ranma sighed, "Fine, be that way."

"Well we're here."Kikori said as the two stood in front of the house.

"Not too shabby." Ranma whistled.

"Well let's go in." Kikori yawned, "I need some sleep."

Ranma yawned as well, "Me too, So ya wanna take the left side or the right side?"

Kikori rolled her eyes, "YOU are going to take the living room."

"Stuck up."

"I heard that."

****************************************************** **************************

Ranma stared at the ceiling of the living room, *Tendos... they knew my family... I wonder how.* He twisted to his side and looked out the window of the living room. *Mother... Father... Sis... I miss you. Soon, I'll make you all proud of me; I won't fail you again sis.*

"And fate shall come greet you with open arms, then you will know what happiness truly is." Ranma whispered to himself, "Damn prophets... you HAVE to bring my hopes up before... Damn you."

Ranma sighed and closed his eyes, "Sleep never comes easy when I want it to, but sleep always finds me when I think."

****************************************************** **************************

Kikori, wearing a white T-shirt that goes right to her knees, stood in the hallway with only the moonlight, which landed on her tan skin, illuminated the house, "And fate shall come greet you with open arms, then you will know what happiness truly is." Kikori repeated, "Who are you really Ranma, why would the prophets speak to you?"

*Heh, I knew him since we were 9 and he is still a mystery to me.* Kikori shook her head and sighed. *I hope he doesn't have nightmares tonight.*

"daddy... sis? mother? where are you?"

Kikori walked up to the sleeping Ranma. Letting out a staggering breath, she placed her small hands on Ranma's head. "Shhh, it's ok Rammie, I'm here, don't cry."

Ranma smiled, "Thank you, I won't cry if you're with me."

"That's good." Kikori smiled, "Good night Rammie."

"G'nite." Ranma muttered before falling back into deep slumber.

*Nightmares always seem to find him... I wish... I wish they would stop.*

"All dreams have a meaning, doesn't matter if it's of the present, future or past, they always mean something, and that meaning, only the dreamer may know." Kikori recited, "Does this mean that Ranma will never find happiness?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~