Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Heart & Soul ❯ Heart & Soul ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not, nor will I ever, sadly enough, own any-part of Ranma or any of it's wide variety of characters. So, no suing please.

*Authors notes: This is just a little idea that I had. It's a little angsty, but I'm not sure what to do with it. (don't take it wrong, I absolutely love Ranma/Akane!) Should I leave it as a one-shot, make it the end of something bigger, or maybe the beginning of something else? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Please review!

Thanks!

-SerinityR aka Tigerrelly

Heart & Soul

She slowly looked up through her dark bangs, determination, pain and love swirled in the depths of her eyes, showing the truth in her heart and soul. She took a deep breath to steady herself.

She had to do this. For Ranma. His mother had said that she wouldn't make him commit sepuka if someone willingly took his place.

She took another deep breath, trying to find her center and strength as she placed a piece of leather between her teeth in preparation.

Her other hand traced the intricate pattern etched in the metal, almost lovingly as a tear dripped down her check and splashed silently upon the ground.

She firmly grasped the cold steel in her hand, weighing it once again to make sure the force to weight would be enough.

She glanced over to her table, the note to her family laying besides the one for Ranma.

"Ranma" she thought as the tears began to freely fall down her face. "Please forgive me."

The pigtailed boy stopped for a moment trying to figure out what had caused the slight chill to travel down his spine all of the sudden.

He stood there as his blue eyes suddenly widened in fright. "Akane!" He thought as he ran to his fiancé's room.

He heard a chocked sound as he stopped in front of her door and didn't hesitate as he kicked her door in.

He saw her glance up at him with a gentle smile through pain filled eyes, as she slumped further down onto her knees.

He was by her side in a second, pulling her close to him. "Why?" he chocked on the words.

She looked up once again at the break in his voice and saw his tears fall and mix with hers on the ground between them. "Because, I love you." she whispered.

He lovingly brushed the salt tears from her face. "But I love you too" he whispered back as he wiped away the blood now forming at the corner of her mouth.

"You can't leave me Akane. PLEASE!!" he cried desperately.

"I'm sorry ranma, forgive me" She whispered as she slowly closed her eyes.

He softly replied by kissing her gently. "You are my life Akane. We will be together. One way or another."