Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Hero ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
My favourite Herosongfic by Saberwufle

Ranma sat quietly on top of the roof, the events of earlier playing over in his mind. Ryoga had tagged him with the rod, then the pig tailed martial artist had discovered the owners manual to said fishing rod. Apparrantly the hickey on his chest would eventually turn into a carp, and his love for the lost boy would steadily grow as well. Did he really want to be hopelessly in love with Ryoga?

"Could I stand not to?" he whispered then smiled a small hurt smile. Ryoga loved Akane, there was no doubt about that, and there was no room for a walking sexual identity crises in either of their lives. But...still. The pig tailed boy sat on the roof until night, thinking of love that would never be.

Ryoga sat quietly in his tent. He couldn't sleep, not tonight. For some reason he kept thinking of Ranma, how he had hit him with the koi rod, but had it worked? lost boy shut his eyes, and pictured Ranma's face in his mind. His sadly smiling visage, as if there was some great secret he knew, some great horrible secret. He gave his head a hard shake. There was just no damn way the rod worked, right?
you dance
if I asked you to dance?
Would you run
and never look back?
you cry
if you saw me cry?
And would you save my soul, tonight?

Ryoga eyes shot open and his fanged mouth hung open as he listened to that soft female voice. he whispered.
you tremble
if I touched your lips?
Would you laugh?
Oh please tell me this.
would you die
for the one you loved?
Hold me in your arms, tonight.
squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block out the tears, it wasn't working. He couldn't help it, because he kept seeing Ranma's smiling face. Innocent and warm, the pig tailed youth had always been so self-sacrificing.
can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

Would you swear
that you'll always be mine?
Or would you lie?
would you run and hide?
opened his eyes and looked at his hands in shame. That was what he was doing wasn't it? He knew full well that it wasn't Ranma's fault that his life was so awful. But it was the only reason, he wanted to...to...see the young pig tailed wonder. He...he was in love. He shut his eyes and let the tears run down his face. He had tried to deny it, but he couldn't not anymore. It was hurting the one he wanted too much. He was in love with him. He was in love with her.
I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
I don't care...
You're here tonight.

Ranma-chan stopped, her breath was caught in her throat. That was Ryoga! Did that mean... She slid down the roof and peeked down and Ryoga's tent.
can be your hero, baby.
closed her eyes and smiled. She could only imagine Ryoga singing it to her.
can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.
I just want to hold you.
I just want to hold you.
I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
I don't care...
You're here tonight.

Ryoga smiled when the door to his tent opened, there she was. Ranma. HIS Ranma. He beckoned her in. She smiled hopefully and stepped in. She sat down in front of Ryoga cautiously, and nearly burst into tears when Ryoga slipped up next to her...and hugged her. An embrace full of love.
can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by your forever.
You can take my breath away.


Ranma-chan reached over and dimmed Ryoga's lamp. then turned back, and whispered her chorus as she slowly removed her shirt.
can be your hero.
I can kiss away the pain.
And I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.
You can take my breath away.

Ryoga took her into his embrace and they lay down together, the last line dying on both their lips.
can be your hero.


End.
Note:
There! That's how the carp episode should've ended! Ranko and Ryoga make such a cute couple...^_^