Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Make Room for Daddy ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Make Room for Daddy
 
 
By Lord Raa
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Disclaim-me-do: I wish I had a scapegoat for this one, but I must take responsibility for this “work” myself. I stole everything but the computer I wrote this on.
 
Part 2 (yes, it seems that this was popular enough to warrant me continuing it)
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Genma woke up before dawn with a throbbing headache. “How much did I have to drink last night?”
 
Sitting up, he took in his surroundings. “Ah, I'm at the Tendo Dojo.”
 
Shaking his head to clear the cobwebs, he decided that it was time to start the morning practice. “Get up, boy.”
 
“Buzz off,” Ranma mumbled, turning over on his futon.
 
Genma frowned. “I see that sleeping indoors has already started to make you soft!”
 
The pigtailed young man yawned before throwing a glass of water over his father. “Not as soft as your chest, `Mom'.”
 
Genma-chan growled dangerously.
 
“Fine,” Ranma yawned again. “Let's take this outside, no sense in upsetting our hosts.”
 
The Saotomes left for the garden, stretching their muscles on their way out.
 
The morning practice was extremely brutal with Genma wanting to punish his disrespectful son, while Ranma wanted to beat some sense into the aquatranssexual for taking him away from his mother.
 
But it was the widow Tendo that put an end to the training session with a well timed broomstick, perfectly aimed at Genma-chan's head.
 
::CLONK::
 
“Ha! Suck on that, Pops,” Ranma smirked at the girl that was now in the koi pond. He faced his fiancée. “Good morning, Reiko-san. How are you today?”
 
“I'm well, Ranma-kun, though perhaps you could keep the noise down when you practice this early in the morning?” the brown-haired woman asked with a forced sweetness.
 
“Sorry about that, I wanted to sleep in a bit more, but well, Pops here insisted on starting early,” the pigtailed martial artist shrugged. “You hear that, Pops, you're too loud, too early.”
 
Genma glared daggers at his insolent child until a devious thought occurred to him. `I'll teach him a lesson over breakfast…'
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
A short while later and the other Tendos were slowly making their way downstairs. First was Kasumi, who was intending to help her mother with breakfast.
 
“Oh, hello, Ranma-kun, I didn't expect to see you here in the kitchen so early.”
 
“Good morning, Kasumi-san,” Ranma bowed slightly. “I hope you don't mind me helping out with breakfast. I felt bad about waking people up when I was sparring with `Mom'.”
 
“I told you not to call me that, boy!” Genma-chan called out from the doorway.
 
“Oh my, Uncle Saotome, you really should have more modesty,” Kasumi chided when she saw the state of Genma was in.
 
The gi that had been fitted for a portly martial artist was hanging off the redhead's slight frame, her feminine charms barely kept from hanging out by the adhesive properties of the wet cotton.
 
Genma-chan looked down at herself and adjusted her outfit. “Bah. When's breakfast going to be ready?”
 
“When it's ready and we're all here,” Reiko answered in a patronising tone.
 
Genma grumbled, before leaving for the bathroom.
 
Moments later, a loud feminine scream sounded from upstairs.
 
“That's Nabiki-chan,” Reiko said, concern rising for her daughter when she heard a door slam shut.
 
The three of them left to check on the status of the middle Tendo sister. Ranma bounded up to the top of the stairs ahead of the women and fell into a fighting stance, ready to deal with any intruder.
 
He didn't expect to see his currently female father standing there in front of the closed bathroom door with bruises on his face.
 
“Pops?”
 
“The bathroom is no longer occupied,” the redhead replied in a monotone, a thin trail of blood escaping from her right nostril.
 
“Where's Nabiki?” Reiko demanded.
 
“I'm in my room, is the pervert gone?” the 17 year old asked through her bedroom door.
 
“Pervert?” Kasumi repeated, aghast that the older Saotome was somewhat unsavoury.
 
“Yeah, that idiot barged in on me like she owned the place.”
 
“Pops,” Ranma growled.
 
“Hey! It's not like that!” Genma-chan insisted.
 
“A likely story,” the younger Saotome scoffed. “Would you have been feeling me up in the tent if it were me that fell in the spring of Drowned Girl?”
 
He didn't give his transgendered parent a chance to answer, instead opting to grab the redhead by the neck and dragging her to the dojo via the kitchen.
 
Genma was still rather surprised by the speed of her son's actions and didn't realise that she'd just turned into a he until he'd been thrown into the dojo.
 
“It seems that I need to teach you a lesson about respect, Boy!”
 
“That's rich coming from someone who was just caught peeping on a girl!” Ranma laughed incredulously as he fell into an aggressive stance.
 
Genma narrowed his eyes before charging the insolent youth.
 
The pair exchanged a flurry of furious blows, until Ranma, familiar with this sort of combat, positioned his opponent in front of the open door, snuck in a lighting knife-like jab to the older man's solar plexus and knocked him outside and into the pond.
 
“If you ever even think about perving on the Tendos again, I'll make you suffer!” he threatened.
 
Reiko gasped, catching his attention.
 
“I'm so very sorry, Tendo-san,” Ranma apologised, his head touching the floor of the dojo. “Please just let me get our things, and we'll never bother you again.”
 
Ranma left for the guestroom, his eyes focussed on the floor in shame.
 
“Wait,” the brunette called.
 
“Of course,” the pigtailed young man nodded as he turned to face his host. “You require restitution. What do you feel would be appropriate for my `father's' actions?”
 
“No, I think it was an accident. Please, stay for a while,” Reiko smiled, hoping to keep her late husband's dream alive a bit longer.
 
“I'd like that, Tendo-san,” Ranma smiled softly, “but something like this might happen again. I don't want to risk him not being able to control himself with four pretty ladies in the house.”
 
“I appreciate your concern, Ranma-kun, but surely we can work it out. Nabiki's a smart girl, she'll be able to come up with something suitable,” the brown-eyed woman pleaded gently.
 
“Ok, but only because you insist,” Ranma sighed. “If it were me in your shoes, I'd kick us out on the street.”
 
Reiko's smile returned. “Now, how about some breakfast?”
 
“Ok, but I think Pops can wait until we've eaten.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
After breakfast, Ranma sat with his hosts in the common room to discuss what to do with his idiot parent.
 
“I still say you're being too kind,” he said as he shook his head. “I wouldn't put up with his crap.”
 
“You're rather harsh when it comes to your father, Ranma-kun,” Reiko mused.
 
“That's because I've had to deal with him for the last 12 years. I didn't know that he had me stealing until a few years ago, I thought it was all a game where I trained my hands to be quick,” Ranma said sadly.
 
“I see,” the Tendos chorused, their narrowed eyes directed at the heavily restrained bundle in the corner.
 
“But it was all for the art!” the redhead protested weakly.
 
“I think we need to lay down some ground rules for our stay,” Ranma said with a grin. “First off, Pops and I will go in the bath after everyone else. That way we won't walk in on any of you. Secondly, for the next month, he eats after we do, and then only leftovers. Unless it's food he's bought with his own money from working.”
 
Nabiki and her mother nodded. The way that Genma had inhaled his breakfast had made them think that the Saotome's hadn't eaten in a week.
 
“Oh what a weak and ungrateful son I've been cursed with,” Genma-chan wailed, “to think that my child would be so self-centred that he'd ignore my sacrifices over the years!”
 
“You mean like you've been unable to peep on girls?” the younger Saotome asked with a twitching eye.
 
“That was an accident!” the redhead insisted. “Besides, we were both girls, so it doesn't count.”
 
“That's not the case,” Reiko chided.
 
“But I can look at a girl's body any time I want. And I'm cuter to boot!”
 
“No way, MOM, Nabiki's way prettier than you are!” Ranma shouted.
 
“I told you not to call me that!” Genma-chan shouted back, a vein throbbing in her forehead.
 
“Y-you really think I'm pretty?” Nabiki asked. If Ranma wasn't lying to her, he'd be the first man in a while to call her that.
 
“Of course you are,” the pigtailed young man replied on reflex. “You're all prettier.”
 
“How can you say that, Boy?!” the bundle in the corner demanded.
 
“Easy. It takes more than curves to make you attractive,” Ranma shot back. “Attitude plays a part and yours stinks!”
 
“You wound me!”
 
“I will if I ever catch you perving on anyone ever again!” the blue-eyed young man growled. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves.
 
The Tendos looked at Ranma as he held his face in his hands, obviously distraught with the whole state of affairs.
 
“I'm sorry for my father's behaviour, Tendo-san, but I don't know what to do about it. I don't like hitting women, I never have, but it's always been the best way to get through his thick skull that something's a bad idea.”
 
Genma-chan frowned when she saw the outpouring of emotion from her child. `When did he become such a sentimental fool? I spend time as a girl, what's his excuse?'
 
“I'm sorry, I just need some time alone,” Ranma smiled weakly. “I'll be in the dojo.”
 
Reiko turned to the bound redhead in the corner. “Don't think that you're going anywhere any time soon, Genma-chan. I've a good mind to send you to school with my daughters as punishment.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
In the dojo, Ranma was focussed on trying to clear his mind with a few kata and missed the opening of the door.
 
“Ranma-kun,” Reiko asked hesitantly.
 
“Tendo-san,” he bowed politely.
 
“Please, I told you to call me Reiko,” the brunette smiled gently.
 
“Sorry, Reiko-san. Is there anything I can do for you?”
 
Reiko sat down on the floor near where Ranma was standing. “Is there anything that you wanted to talk about? Sometimes it helps.”
 
The pigtailed young man nodded and sat next to his fiancée. “Ok. Well, before we arrived at Jusenkyo, Pops was going on at me being more responsible, and to be honest, I was tuning him out. You've heard what crap he comes out with, so you can't blame me.”
 
The Tendo widow nodded.
 
“I don't know why, but for some reason when you agreed to the engagement, it sort of felt wrong to be like I was.”
 
“Was it because of the fact that your father and my Soun wanted the schools to be joined?” Reiko asked.
 
“I don't know. Maybe it's because if we get married, I'll have three daughters to look after,” Ranma replied with a shrug. “Anyway, I need to think. Can I practice in here for a bit longer?”
 
“Ok,” the brunette nodded, “I'll speak with your father in the meantime.”
 
Moments after he was left alone, Ranma kicked up his training several notches. First he started running the length of the dojo, from one end to the other.
 
After ten minutes of this, he changed to focus on his upper body with one handed press-ups using his knuckles, 300 on each arm, before he moved on to the next part:- aerial kata.
 
As he bounced off the dojo walls, Ranma lashed out, kicking and punching at invisible foes that seemed to be a great deal taller than he was. He cast his gaze upwards and found a new challenge.
 
As he leapt about the Tendo training hall, he started to touch the ceiling with the palm of his hand. After a moment of this he paused to catch his breath.
 
“Bah, that's too easy like that,” Ranma panted gently. Stripping off his red shirt, he thought about what he could to try to make his exercise regimen more challenging.
 
“I know, I'll keep touching the roof but I can only use single leg hops from a standstill.”
 
It took the Saotome heir two minutes of attempts to complete his self-appointed task. After five more minutes of this, he was getting bored and thirsty.
 
“Oh my,” a chorus of female voices called out from the doorway.
 
Ranma turned to face his blushing hosts and smiled politely. “Is everything ok?”
 
“Everything's fine, Ranma-kun,” Reiko answered, catching her wits first. `He reminds me of when Soun and I were dating…' Shaking her head to clear the pleasant reminiscences, she asked him, “Would you like a drink?”
 
“Thanks,” the shirtless young man nodded in appreciation.
 
Ranma noticed Kasumi and her sisters' blushes didn't go away when he stepped closer. “Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you like this, I'll put my shirt on-”
 
“Oh no, you don't have to put yourself out on our account, Ranma-kun,” Nabiki replied with a wink and a saucy grin that was marred by her red cheeks.
 
“Nabiki, please stop flirting with your step-father like that,” Reiko teased. “You all passed up on getting engaged to Ranma, remember?”
 
“I fail to see your so called point, Mother,” Nabiki retorted. “I can look all I want as long as I don't touch.”
 
“I'm not sure that your boyfriend would like that, Nabiki-chan,” the oldest brunette mused. “Or are the suitors of my lovely daughters made up to avoid an unwanted engagement?”
 
“No!” the girls protested quickly, knowing that their mother would make them suffer the consequence of lying to her.
 
“Well then, perhaps after Ranma-kun's had a chance to get settled in a bit more, we can meet these nice men?” Reiko hinted. “I'm curious as to what kind of taste in men you have, seeing as you're all ready to take things to the next level.”
 
“Mother, we don't sleep around! What kind of girls do you think we are?” Kasumi asked.
 
“I don't know anymore,” Ranma's fiancée replied, her hands on her hips. “I mean you all hid your relationships from me and now you're practically drooling over my fiancée.”
 
“We are not drooling!” Akane insisted.
 
Ranma smirked at Reiko's comment of “You're not far off, though”.
 
“I'll go take a bath,” the blue-eyed martial artist smiled.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
A muscular young man scratched his head in bewilderment as he looked around the part of rural Japan he was standing in. “Damn it, I know Tokyo's supposed to be around here somewhere!”
 
“Err, young man, Tokyo's about 300 kilometres in that direction,” an elder farmer helpfully pointed to his left.
 
“Thank you,” the bandana clad young man smiled before walking off in the wrong direction. “Soon, I'll find her and thank her properly!”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Ranma sat in the bath, allowing the hot water to soothe his muscles. He let out a contented sigh.
 
“Man, that feels good.”
 
The pigtailed young man was only allowed a few minutes to relax before he heard a commotion outside the bathroom.
 
“What's that?” he asked before getting out of the tub.
 
Making his way to the towels, Ranma turned to see the door opening.
 
“Oh my,” Kasumi gasped when she saw her mother's fiancé's wet, nude body.
 
“Kasumi-chan, is something wrong?” Reiko asked walking up to her. She took in the scene before her and frowned. “Naughty Kasumi, that's Mommy's. You need to go and find your own.”
 
“Mother!” the younger brunette exclaimed with a heavy blush.
 
“I thought you knew I was in the bath, I did leave the sign out,” Ranma said in a confused manner. “Wait a minute, I'm surrounded by perverts!”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
To be continued…
 
What you wanted something more substantial?
That would cost extra.
 
This was pre-read by Chi Vayne and had several sections previewed on shinji_the_good_sharer's forum. You should stop by if you don't already.
 
Until laterer comes.