Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Make Room for Daddy ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Make Room for Daddy
 
 
By Lord Raa
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Disclaim-me-do: Broadcast on all frequencies and all known languages, including Welsh.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Chapter 7
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Every classroom that had a view of the gates was abuzz with gossip regarding the new student.
 
Two rooms that had a particularly intense discussion were the two that Akane and Nabiki were in, as the Tendos were experiencing a barrage of questions.
 
In Akane's classroom, the youngest Tendo was being grilled about who the pigtailed young man was and why her mother was kissing him.
 
“I don't want to talk about it,” the dark haired girl muttered angrily, folding her arms.
 
“But…”
 
“I said `I don't want to talk about it',” Akane reiterated with a growl.
 
Her classmates took the hint and backed away.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
In Nabiki and Ranma's classroom, the short haired Tendo had told her mother's fiancée to keep his mouth shut.
 
And aside from his introduction to the class, he'd done just that. As he was about to take his seat, someone shouted out: “Is it true about you and Nabiki's mom?”
 
“What d'ya mean?”
 
“Are you engaged to her? Are you going to be Nabiki and Akane's dad?”
 
“I guess so,” Ranma shrugged.
 
“What?” the teacher demanded from behind his desk.
 
“It's a long story,” the pigtailed Saotome answered somewhat bitterly.
 
“Don't you take that tone with me, Saotome,” Mr. Kenichi Fujiyama scolded. The 36 year old teacher had a crush on the Tendo widow, and because of that he allowed Nabiki a sizable amount of leeway in the hopes of currying favour with the shapely woman.
 
“Look, I've been asked to keep my relationship with the Tendos quiet, so I'm doing just that,” Ranma replied with a tone of finality.
 
Fujiyama scowled. “I'll be watching you, Saotome.”
 
Ranma rolled his eyes, but said nothing as he sank into his chair.
 
“Right then,” the self-proclaimed rival for Reiko Tendo said, “we'll start with a pop quiz on grammar.”
 
The class groaned, but prepared to start the test.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
“Saotome, you scored bottom of the class,” the teacher said with a hint of smugness. “Anything to say for yourself?”
 
“Yeah, I've been on a trainin' trip for the last twelve years,” the pigtailed youth replied without a trace of shame. “You try keeping up with your schoolin' when you're cold, wet and hungry out in the wilderness.”
 
“Any other excuses?” the man with short brown hair asked, ready to send the troublemaker out to the hall with the buckets.
 
“Rules for grammar don't mean much to me - I'm a martial artist and I'm the best of my generation,” Ranma answered in a slightly arrogant tone.
 
“Well they mean something here, so go and stand out in the hallway with the buckets.”
 
The affianced young man rolled his eyes, but did as he was told. As he made his way to where the buckets were, several female members of the class took the opportunity to steal a glance at his posterior.
 
Among these young ladies was Nabiki Tendo, who managed to catch herself before she started to stare.
 
“Anyway, now that the disruptive influence has been removed, I'll continue with our lesson,” Fujiyama smiled.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Outside in the hallway, Ranma stood patiently waiting to be let back in.
 
As he hummed a tune to himself, a pair of male students walked up to him.
 
“Hey, you're the new guy, aren't you?” the shorter one of the pair asked.
 
“Yeah, I'm Ranma Saotome.”
 
“Is it true that you're engaged to Akane's mom?” the taller, yet slightly chubbier one asked.
 
“Yeah, I am. Who are you? What's it to you who I'm engaged to?” Ranma asked with narrowed eyes.
 
“I'm Kenji Miyamoto,” the taller one said, inclining his head slightly.
 
“And I'm Junichi Kawamori,” the shorter one with light brown hair smiled. “I can't believe you're going out with Akane's mom!”
 
“Why?” the martial artist asked, getting an unpleasant vibe from the pair.
 
“She's such a MILF!” Miyamoto insisted happily.
 
“Yeah!” Kawamori agreed enthusiastically.
 
“What's a `MILF'?” Saotome asked.
 
“`Mom I'd Like to Fuck',” the perverted duo chorused.
 
Miyamoto stepped up to Ranma to ask him another question. “Hey, since you're their dad, can you make Akane and Nabiki do things for their allowance?”
 
“WHAT?!” Ranma shouted angrily. “HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!”
 
“What? Don't you think that Akane and Nabiki are cute?” Kawamori asked with his arms open.
 
“Yeah, and your point is?” the martial artist growled.
 
“We were just wondering if you ever give them spankings, that's all,” Miyamoto shrugged.
 
The unsavoury duo's comments alerted the pigtailed youth's fellow students to the window.
 
“Is it true?”
 
“Are you engaged to Nabiki's mom?”
 
“Damn, he's not even here for five minutes, and he's already taken!”
 
“Do you really get to spank Nabiki and her sisters?”
 
“You would dare to abuse your position as Akane's stepfather?” Kuno asked.
 
“What? No!” Ranma insisted.
 
“I see your plan, you fiend!” the kendoist declared. “You engage yourself to the lonely widow to get close to the delicate lovelies that are the Tendo daughters and use your position to have your wicked way with them!”
 
Ranma put the buckets on the floor and grabbed Kuno by his shirt. “That's it. Outside, now!”
 
“Wait, this is the third floor!” the Blue Thunder protested.
 
“Quiet, you,” the angry young man ordered as he dragged his opponent with him out of the window. “You started this, and this is the quickest way outside.”
 
Seconds later, the pair of combatants landed and prepared to face off against each other.
 
“Anything you want to say?” Ranma asked as he took up an aggressive stance.
 
“I, Tatewaki Kuno, will see that you are punished for your insidious plot to corrupt the fair Tendos!”
 
Not wasting any time with the muppet in front of him, the Saotome heir charged Kuno. He picked the kendoist up and threw him two metres, with the pompous ass slamming against the wall of the school.
 
“You want some more, True Blunder?” Ranma taunted.
 
“That's Blue Thunder, foul cur!” Tatewaki corrected.
 
He pulled out a bokken from nowhere and counterattacked, intending to use one of his best techniques to defeat the villainous wretch before him.
 
The rapid thrusts took Ranma by surprise for a moment and he was forced to dodge the barrage of strikes, but he soon recovered to reach out with a speed that made mongooses look like tortoises and stopped the wooden blade.
 
“If that's the best you can do, then you're in for a world of hurt, Tatebaka.”
 
“You dare act so familiarly with me?” the enraged Kuno snorted, his blood pressure building to unprecedented levels.
 
“You think that beating me will make Akane want to go out with you?” Ranma replied as he stared the captain of the kendo team down. “You're the guy who made that declaration about beating Akane to date her, aren't you?”
 
Before Kuno could respond, Reiko's fiancé gave him an uppercut that lifted the arrogant fool a good two metres off the ground.
 
“Try anything with Akane again, and you'll never eat solid food again,” the young Saotome warned. “And that's not a threat, that's a promise.”
 
As Ranma strode back through the school, the crowd that had gathered to witness how he dealt with Kuno parting like the Red Sea.
 
The pigtailed youth reached his classroom and saw the two troublemakers that had instigated the commotion.
 
“Just the two people I wanted to see. We need to talk.”
 
Miyamoto and Kawamori gulped nervously as Ranma dragged them by their collars away from prying eyes.
 
“Just where do you think you're going?” Ranma's teacher demanded.
 
“Don't worry, this won't take long,” the blue-eyed martial artist grinned. “We need to discuss proper behaviour, that's all.”
 
There were sounds of violence for the next few minutes before Ranma reappeared and dusted his hands off. “Sorry about that. Does anyone else have any questions about my relationship with the Tendos?”
 
The assembled students shook their heads.
 
“Ok then, shall we-” the young Saotome was cut off by the bell. “Oh, next lesson. Gym class, I think.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Reiko Tendo walked into the clinic where she worked. “Good morning, all,” she waved to her co-workers.
 
“Good morning, Reiko-san. You seem extra cheerful today, what's up?” Reiko's best friend at work, Megumi Tanaka, asked with a playful tone of suspicion.
 
“Nothing much, just that I got engaged the other day,” the brunette smiled nonchalantly.
 
“WHAT?” the staff chorused.
 
“I said I got engaged,” the Tendo widow repeated as she braced herself for the inevitable barrage of questions that followed.
 
“Who is it?”
 
“Why didn't you tell us?”
 
“You kept that quiet, didn't you?”
 
“How did you meet him?”
 
“What's he like?”
 
“Does he have children of his own?”
 
Reiko smiled as she placed her coat on the rack and faced her colleges. “His name is Ranma. I didn't tell you because it was something that my daughters forced me into. It's an arranged marriage to unite the schools of Anything Goes.”
 
She moved to the water cooler and prepared herself a drink. “He's a nice man, who's younger than I am and no, he doesn't have any children of his own.”
 
“I'm happy for you, Reiko,” Megumi smiled honestly.
 
“Thanks,” Ranma's fiancée nodded. “Oh, by the way, we're having an engagement party this weekend, and you're all invited.”
 
“Cool, I want to see what kind of stud caught your eye,” Reiko's raven haired friend said in a suggestive tone.
 
Reiko smirked. “I suppose that you can look, but you can't touch. And when I saw `look', I don't mean you can get him inside an examination room for a closer inspection, Megumi.”
 
“Would I do a thing like that?” Miss Tanaka asked indignantly, though she was unable to keep straight face.
 
“In a heartbeat.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Ranma's class filed out on the sports field for their next lesson. The pigtailed martial artist made a few cursory stretches of his upper body as he followed the male members of his class.
 
“Right then, you're going to split up into two groups to play football, while the girls are doing gymnastics,” the gym teacher instructed. “Kuno, you and the new kid can be captains. Pick your teams and don't do anything stupid while I help the Rhythmic Gymnastics team with their practice.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
At the clinic where she worked, Reiko Tendo was wearing a big smile on her face. It was enough to get the attention of one of her regular patients.
 
“So then, Tendo-san, why are you so happy?” the elderly woman asked. “Have you finally gotten your one of daughters married off?”
 
“No, I've found myself a new man,” Reiko replied.
 
“Oh, you seem rather pleased. I take it he's quite the catch.”
 
“Oh he is,” the brunette smiled knowingly. “He's strong, handsome, mature for his age and well, let's just say that when the time comes, I'll be having plenty of fun, Yoshida-san.”
 
“Oh you youngsters and your obsession with sex,” Mrs. Yoshida shook her head in disapproval. When she looked up she saw Reiko with her arms folded. It was enough to get her to add, “Not that my generation were any better.”
 
“I didn't think so, Yoshida-san,” Reiko smiled, “especially since you're the one that told me about legends of the French Flipper Trick.”
 
The grandmother looked around rather guiltily. “About that, I only heard about in passing - I never experienced it first hand.”
 
The Tendo mother leaned in conspiratorially. “I think Ranma-kun knows it.”
 
“How old is he?” Mrs. Yoshida asked.
 
“18.”
 
“That's scandalous! You'll have to fight your daughters off!”
 
“Yes, well, they had their chance,” Reiko smirked. “They passed on the engagement.”
 
“Engagement? Just what kind of house are you running, Tendo-san?”
 
“One with three daughters and a pledge that my husband made to unite the schools of Anything Goes. My daughters passed on the engagement so it fell to me,” the widow replied.
 
Yoshida nodded in understanding. “Oh. So when will you get to experience the French Flipper Trick first hand?”
 
“When I can convince Ranma-kun that an engaged couple are allowed to have that kind of fun,” Reiko sighed. “I don't think that he knows the difference between a `bad touch' and a `good touch'.”
 
“What?” the OAP demanded. “I thought that the kids these days were obsessed with self gratification and fulfilling their hedonistic desires. Don't tell me he's got the libido of a rock…”
 
“No. Well, sometimes. I know he's been training in martial arts to be the best of his generation, so he's not really been chasing girls, but then sometimes he acts in a husbandly fashion,” Reiko winked. “Maybe that's the French Flipper Trick at work?”
 
“Maybe.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Back at Furinkan, Ranma was dribbling the football up the pitch as Kuno came charging in as revenge for the humiliation he suffered earlier.
 
The pigtailed martial artist was able to shrug the shoulder barge off as he continued his push for goal. He was outside the penalty area when he struck the ball with his right foot.
 
The keeper had no chance of getting to the ball as it slotted into the top left hand corner.
 
A clear 2.5 seconds after the ball left Ranma's possession, Kuno knocked the young Saotome off his feet with a dangerous two-footed tackle from behind.
 
“Not such an impressive martial artist if you can't stay on your feet, are you?”
 
Ranma jumped to his feet stared the kendoist down. “Big words considering how this morning's fight went.”
 
“I was not defeated, I merely delayed on my path to righteous victory,” Kuno replied pompously.
 
“Really now? Well, it sounds like we need a rematch,” the pigtailed martial artist replied with a smirk. “We'll finish it once and for all here, after school finishes. How's that grab you?”
 
“Yes,” the kendoist nodded. “And none of your trickery this time!”
 
“Trickery? What the Hell are you talking about, Kuno? If you can't jump from a window on the third floor, you can't possibly be considered a martial artist!” Ranma replied angrily. “And in some countries that's only the second floor.”
 
“What? Why would it be called the second floor?” Tatewaki demanded.
 
“Because it's the second floor above the ground floor, Numb-nuts,” the young Saotome teased. “But you'd probably have figured that out. Eventually. I mean, even the stupidest of monkeys learns not to annoy the hornets.”
 
The scion of the House of Kuno gnashed his teeth angrily at the slight from this uncouth individual. “I will see you put in your place, Saotome.”
 
“And where's that?”
 
“In the cold ground, you cur!” Tatewaki declared.
 
“Perhaps,” Ranma smirked, “we should settle this now?”
 
As the testosterone fuelled martial artists stared each other down, the teacher rushed up to them. “What's going on here? Why aren't you two playing with the rest of your class?”
 
“We're arranging a…meeting for after school. We just have something to discuss,” Ranma explained.
 
“I don't care, but it's time for your class to go in and get changed before you all head off to lunch,” the whiney, nasal-voiced teacher said as he pointed to the main building.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Having changed out of his gym clothes, Ranma made his way outside to enjoy the sunshine while he ate his lunch. He was unsure of what to make of the way Nabiki had taken it upon herself to escort him to a prime spot under a tree.
 
After all, it wasn't normal for girls to smile at and link arms in an overly affectionate way with men that were likely to become their stepfathers was it?
 
Not that Ranma really knew a lot about that sort of thing, it was more the way that Nabiki's C cup breasts were being pressed up against his bicep that alerted him to something being “not quite right.”
 
“A-are you ok, Nabiki-san? I mean the way you're holding onto my arm makes me think that something's scared you,” the pigtailed martial artist asked. He turned his attention away from his upcoming meal and started to scan the area for potential threats.
 
“I'm fine, Ranma-kun,” Nabiki smiled. “I'm just happy to see you. You know, people are asking me all sorts of questions about you.”
 
“W-what kind of questions?”
 
“The kind that can only be answered by you,” the middle Tendo girl replied as they sat down. “You see, people want to know why you're engaged to my mother and not me or one of my sisters.”
 
“That's easy,” Ranma said as he opened his bento. “You and your sisters decided to lie to her so she had to take up the engagement.”
 
“Yes,” the brunette nodded with her teeth gritted, “but they also want to know what it is about her that made you agree to it.”
 
The young Saotome looked at Nabiki in disbelief. “She's your mom! You should know her better than anyone here!”
 
“Well, yes. Yes I do know her better than anyone here, but,” Nabiki countered with a raised finger, “they all know that I'm going to be biased and they want your opinion on her.”
 
“Oh. Well,” Ranma started before shovelling some food into his mouth. “Reiko-san's a great cook, she's really pretty and she's nice. And she seems to know a bit about lots of stuff and I like that.”
 
“I see,” the brunette nodded. `He likes her because she's beautiful, can cook, is a kind and is smart. Damn, if only I could cook like her and Kasumi, then I'd be in with a shout!'
 
Nabiki somehow managed to conveniently overlook the time she put a frog down the back of Kasumi's shirt so she took it off in front of that boy they both liked and the time she convinced Kuno to buy her lunch all those times for “information” about her baby sister.
 
Ranma shrugged before finishing off his food. “That was tasty.”
 
“Too bad it will be your final meal, Saotome!” the most arrogant voice in the entire student body declared.
 
“What is it now, Kubo?” the pigtailed youth asked in a bored tone.
 
“My name is Kuno, you would do well to remember the name of the one who beats you soundly,” the kendoist sneered.
 
“That would be impressive if it was you, but think about how much face I'd lose if a semi-trained ape like you beat me,” Ranma grinned back. “Now go away, your beat down comes later. You know, after school on the field like we agreed earlier? Unless you've decided to back down and apologise to Akane-san…”
 
“BACK DOWN!?!” Kuno repeated. “How dare you?!”
 
The pigtailed martial artist stood up and looked at the opponent for his upcoming challenge. “I dare because I can. If you wanna bring this fight forward, then let's head out to get it sorted. If not, then shut your noise-hole.”
 
The kendoist seethed as he decided what to do next, but the sounding of the chimes made up his tiny mind for him.
 
“I will see you later.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
At the clinic where Reiko Tendo worked, Megumi Tanaka was handing out the hot drinks while they took their mid-afternoon break.
 
“So about this weekend, do you want us to bring anything?” she asked as she picked up her own coffee mug. “I was thinking of bringing some cake.”
 
“Oooh, I'm liking the sound of that,” Reiko nodded. “You always manage to find the most delicious cake, Megumi.”
 
“It's a gift.”
 
The Tendo widow smiled. “If any of you want to bring anything, then you're most welcome to do so, but do remember that my daughters and some of their friends will be there.”
 
“Ok, so no getting drunk and hitting on studly young men. Damn, you really know how to ruin a girl's fun, don't you, Reiko?” Megumi sighed theatrically.
 
“It's a gift,” the Tendo homemaker replied with a smirk.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
To be continued…
 
Pre-read by Chi Vayne and previewed on Hawk's forum.
 
I still have difficulty dealing with how popular this trash is. Oh well, I guess that it just proves that there's no accounting for taste.