Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ One Wacky Day ❯ One Wacky Day ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One Wacky Day!
 
Ranma leapt from rooftop to rooftop, being pursued by Mousse, Ryouga, Tatewaki and Tsubasa. Why were they pursuing him? He was Ranma, and it (whatever it may be) was Ranma's fault; why else?
 
“Damn you, Ranma!” Ryouga shouted, hurling several handfuls of bandanas.
 
“Halt fiend, for I shall smite thee!” Tatewaki commanded, displaying his noble self before those under his jurisdiction. “The days of tomfoolery are over and now you shall taste my divine blade, vile sorcerer!”
 
“Die so Shampoo will love me!” Mousse declared, not so much because Ranma didn't know what he was chasing him for, but because he didn't want to be left out. He released a thousand weapons, ranging from weighted chains, to yo-yos, feather throwing-knives to cream cheese sandwiches.
 
“This is for my darling Ukyo!” declared a Tanuki statue as it continued in pursuit of the three rooftop-hoping boys and the samurai who coursed the narrow roads of Furinkan.
 
Ranma shook his head in mild annoyance. “Will you guys cut it out! I'm busy right now!” Ranma shouted as he halted his forward momentum.
 
The four pursuers halted their chase and stared at Ranma with wide, disbelieving eyes.
 
“Nay cur; I yield not to thy foul incantations!” Kuno declared, reaching the top of the fire escape ladder and standing on the roof with the other guys. “Have at thee!”
 
Ranma sigh and began dodging Kuno's katana thrusts. Ever since Kuno realized he would have to leave for college, he had stepped up his attack methods to remove the epitome of foul sorcery from his beloveds' lives.
 
Thrusts came every direction, converging at Ranma's heart. For the first tie in this entire week, Ranma was pushed to the limit, though if one was to look closely, they would see that Ranma was dressed in a black tux, much like the one purchased for him a year ago. It was because he didn't want the expensive gift to be ruined that Ranma was dodging every strike, instead of allowing a few to get through.
 
“Kuno, if you make even one scratch in this tux I'll you pay for it in blood, you moron!”
 
“Enough of your psycho banter, fiend; kneel so that I might take your head!”
 
Mousse and Ryoga sat at the table that was suddenly there and began to munch on popcorn while watching the intense battle.
 
“Ranma's gotten pretty good.” Mousse reflected, thinking back to the many evens of the past two years.
 
“I think he got better after he learned the Muscle Sword Style.” Ryoga returned, reflecting on the two weeks Ranma spent mastering the style.
 
“No, he got that good when he fought me in a Faux Fight!” the table shouted. A head sprung out from the tabletop.
 
“Ts-Tsubasa?!” Ryoga reacted, falling from his chair and staring at the boy who looked like a girl disguised as a table. (Did that confuse you too?)
 
Tsubasa smiled cutely, sending shivers down Ryoga and Mousse's spines.
 
Back at the battle, Ranma was just dusting his hands, after disposing of Tatewaki, when an amorous, young gymnast accosted him. “Oh Ranma-Sama! It was not necessary for you best my brother to gain my hand!”
 
“Hey you hussy, get your claws offa my Ranchan!” Ukyo shouted as she landed gracefully on her diner's roof.
 
“U-Ukyo? What are you doing in Kyoto?” Ryoga questioned.
 
Ukyo, Mousse, Ranma, and Tsubasa blinked.
 
Ryoga took a few moments to stare around at everyone's blank eyes. “Uhhh… we are in Kyoto right?”
 
Taking advantage of the moment, Kodachi released a bit of paralysis in Ranma's face and began to flee with her beloved in arms. “OHHH HOHOHOHOHO!”
 
“That darned Kodachi! She's getting away!”
 
“Ranma, you fiend! To use my sister as a taxi, truly your evils know no low!”
 
“Eh, at least Shampoo's not here…” Mouse mused allowed, but when everyone stared at him in disapproval, Mousse bolstered his pride and puffed up his chest. “Darn you Ranma! Get back here so I can kill you!”
 
*************************************************************
 
While on his drug induced high, Ranma dreamed that he was floating through an endless void of black, until he came across what looked like an old opera house.
 
“Yo Way Yo…”
 
Ranma's ears perked up at the sound and he got a strange sensation that he knew exactly what the song was.
 
“Yo Way Yo…”
 
Ranma closed his eyes and allowed the current of the void to pull him closer to the building….
 
“Yo Way Yo,
Home _Va_ Ray!”
 
Ranma opened his eyes when he heard a new voice join in to the song. He was quite surprised to find that it was he that was singing. Shrugging his shoulders as weirder things had happened before, Ranma went with the flow and sang the song loudly, with more pride than he could ever put into a Moko Takabisha.
 
“Yo Way Rah,
Jerhume Brunnen-G!”
 
“Yo Way Yo! Yo Way Yo, Home Va-aa Ray! Yo Way Rahhhh! Jerhume Brunnen-G Yo Way Rah, Jerhume Brunnen-G!” Ranma sung in time with the troupe in the distance.
 
*************************************************************
 
Ranma walked through the empty stands of the theatre, wondering just what had compelled him to do so. He also wondered how he was able to survive in space with no air.
 
As he snooped around, he bumped a tambourine and sent it to the floor with a long-ringing, clatter of cymbals.
 
In the distance a piano began to play…
 
“Closed behind our mighty shield, beyond which none can _fly_! This world is safe from pain and strife; we need not fear the _sky_!”
 
“We have not fought for countless years; we have no need to _cry_! War and Death are forgotten fears, for here we never _die_…”
 
Ranma wandered around the stage, where actors began singing, when there was no one before.
 
“We've closed our eyes, and shut our ears; we must never, never _try_! To break the bonds of this lonely sphere, or.. we.. will.. sure-ly.. _die_…”
 
“That song…” Ranma mused. Staring at the small group of actors Ranma felt a name come from his lips. “Brunnis 2…”
 
“That's right!” came the reply of the Narrator/Director. “As one universe comes to its end, we are telling the most important story, that ever happened in its vast history!”
 
Ranma finally saw who was speaking as a man, wearing a large white wig; similar to the ones he had seen in old English paintings of nobles and councilmen.
 
“An epic tale, of Love, War and Courage! Set against... the backdrop of the destruction of a people! A Tragic Chronicle of Heroic Destiny that will stir your blood… And, bring a tear to your eye.” The Narrator walked to the fore of the stage, addressing the empty stands as though they were filled.
 
Upon examination, Ranma discovered that the empty seats from a moment ago were now filled with the people had grown to call rivals, Fiancées, annoyances and Tatewaki Kuno.
 
“Where am I?” “Surely Saotome must be behind this trickery upon my strong and noble mind” “Where is Ranchan?” “He's probably off with one o his floozies!” “Akane-CHAN!” “Try it again, grandpa…” Knuckles cracking. “Akane-dear, you do realize that all seven of us fiancées are present and accounted for?” “OHHH HOHOHOHOHO! You lowbred Harridans still believe you are woman enough to handle my Darling Ranma-Sama?” “Somebody put a sock in Kodachi's mouth please!” “I've got you covered Sailor Mars-chan, my love!” “And someone get rid of this Otaku!” “Hey! Which one of you just pinched me?” “Wasn't me!” came an all female chorus. “Well somebody did! Touch me again, and I'll be serving you Akane's dinners for a whole year!” “Aiyah… Noodle-girl too, too cruel, Shampoo only give Akane cooking to Mousse.” “It's NOT Noodle-girl! It's Kaori!” “Take a chill-pill Kaori… I'm sure Shampoo's only saying that to get under your skin.” “And you! Ms. I'm Kim Possible, I can do anything! Ooh ahhh, everyone watch me fight criminals that Ranma's other fiancées could beat blindfolded…” “Well, excuse me! I can't help it if I like saving the world from super villains and rich men with too much freetime!” “Actually… I've been in the whole save the world thing for as long as you have, and like, no one knows my name!” “Oh, dear… There she goes again…” “Like it's so unfair that miss Kimi-cups over there, gets all the fame, and the fans, and even the guys, but I have to fight Mandy for everything…” “Clover, you've got Ranma, and he even likes you... Sorta, but that doesn't matter…” “That's like so totally right, and the best part is, that nasally rich girl Mandy isn't here to ruin my time with Ranma!” “Excuse me, Clover, but just because I know how to be silent in a theatre doesn't mean I'm not here!” “I've got you now! Prepare to Die Ranma!” The sound of heavy chains clinked through the air and one of the stage lights was ripped away.
 
The Narrator bigsweated. “Perhaps it was a mistake on my part to bring such a rowdy lot into our... delicate, environment?”
 
Ranma peeked out from behind the Narrator and shrugged. “Send Mousse and Kodachi back and everything will be fine.” After a half moments thought. “Better send Tsubasa and Ryoga back as well, don't want extra props on the stage, and who knows what Ryoga might do?”
 
The Narrator nodded, staring into the audience to send the two back. “One… small, problem. I can not find Ryoga of Tsubasa.”
 
Ranma blew an annoyed breath. Who knew where Ryoga was, or what Tsubasa is right now?
 
When the group of audience members finally settled down - following thirteen catfights, seven jealous fiancée scuffles, Five… Diamond rings… Four food battles, three panty raids, two turtledoves and a partridge in a pear tree… - the troupe began the play again, from the top, which gained everyone's attention…
 
“An epic tale, of Love, War and Courage! Set against... the backdrop, of the destruction of a people! A Tragic Chronicle of Heroic Destiny that will stir your blood… And, bring a tear to your eye.” The Narrator walked to the fore of the stage, addressing the audience. “It is the story of Kai, Last of the Brunnen-G! Or as you may have… come to, know him, Ranma… Welcome, my friends… Welcome… to our, little show! Welcome, to your story.” He concluded by pointing to Ranma.
 
Murmurs rose throughout the stands, questioning if this man knew to whom he was talking to or what he was talking about. Surely Ranma was Ranma, and he had always been so, too.
 
After Ranma sent a glare, the sounds died down.
 
“The Brunnen-G were a race of romantic warriors, forever famous… for leading humankind to victory, in the Great Insect Wars… Mankind survived, but the Brunnen-G planet… was dying. So, in time, they abandoned it… for a new home, in the Light Universe… But by then, The Insect Wars had faded… into a hazy past, and man was once again fighting against man!
 
“The Brunnen-G turned inward... Building… a great defensive shield… around their planet. Safe inside their Sphere Of Silence, they directed their fertile minds against the oldest enemy of them all… Death. By manipulating their bodies' innermost cell structure, they…unlocked, the secret of_ never ending life. No Brunnen-G would ever grow old again!
 
“They thought… by freeing their bodies of aging, they would become Immortal gods at play! But… Humans, are not designed to live forever… Their bodies did not age, but they became affeared of anything and everything. For… partaking in any activity at all, could threaten their precious and _ageless_ bodies!”
 
“Dull, dull, dull! Your lives are oh so dull! You stay inside you se-aled house, and cower like a frightened mouse! Dull, dull, dull! Your lives are oh so dull!” sang two young men, wearing skintight pants and long sleeved shirts, as they taunted a couple, both dressed in long dresses, the male's being red-orange and the female's blue.
 
“You sit inside your bunker, with filters _all_ around! What kind of a life is that, when you spend it underground?”
 
The second tossed his shorter companion behind him. “You never venture outdoors, you always _stay_ inside! What kind of a life is that when all you do is hide?”
 
In tandem: “Dull, dull, dull! Your lives are oh so dull!”
 
“Oh, my aching back!” complained the shorter as he mimicked a man with a walker.
 
“Someone help me please?” requested the taller and shuffled behind his companion, supported by an imaginary cane.
 
The couple moved forward and shook their heads. “Young, young, young! How stupid are the young?”
 
Male: “A brick could fall upon your head,” Female: “We'd rather stay indoors instead!” In tandem: “Young, young, young! So foolish are the young.”
 
“Dead, dead, dead! Your lives are all so dead! You stay inside and shake with fear, should a nasty germ come near… Dead, dead, dead; we'll take the chance instead!”
 
The taller tossed away his companion again. “You watch a sunset, or see the light of _day_! What kind of a life is that, when you spend it locked away?” The shorter came from the opposite side of the couple, singing, “You've become pathetic shells, of what once you _were_… What kind of a life is that, ten-thousand years with her_?” Uniting with his taller pal, the duo sang in tandem. “Dead, dead, dead; we'd rather live instead!” The two walked around the stage and sat at a bench.
 
“Young, young, young... How foolish are the young?” Female: “A brick could fall and crack your skull!” Male: “We're better off by being dull!” Together: “Young, young, young, we do not trust the young!”
 
“Dull, dull, dull. You are extremely dull!” Taller: “Why should we accept your lot,” Shorter: “and stay inside to slowly rot?” Both: “Dull, dull, dull, we'd rather… crack-our-skulls!” and so they did, smashing foreheads.
 
The audience enjoyed a good laugh at the expense of the two young men.
 
“Kai was a Newborn.” The Narrator explained, coming to the highlight of the stage. “There were not many of them... but the few, truly young people, in the Brunnen-G society, felt imprisoned… in this world of fearful retreat, from Life!”
 
All of Ranma's fiancées stared at him and figured that if Ranma really was this Kai person, he would feel like a caged animal in a crowded zoo. No questions were necessary, to which, Ranma was grateful.
 
“Come Kai, it is your story… Sing your own song.”
 
Ranma sent a look to the Narrator and a few to the assembled that were sure to tease and humiliate him for doing so.
 
“Wait!” Shouted Akane, whom everyone felt had done a good job of keeping quiet so far. “Who are you, and why are we here?”
 
The Narrator nodded sagely, his eyes twinkling with the knowledge of the ages. “We… live outside the cycles of time and space, as you know them to be… We appear in your reality… from time to time, to put on our little show. In this world, we always sing… So, sing with us!”
 
“I don't even remember the story; and I ain't no good at singing, neither.” Ranma tried, hoping to get out that way.
 
The Narrator's eyes twinkled and he held out his hands. “It is your song… not ours. When you are up on the stage, the words, will find you.
 
“Cover thy ears, lest you be led astray by the song of the siren!” Kuno ranted, until Kodachi shut him up… Her paralysis powder had certainly become stronger over the years.
 
“I think, I would like to hear my darling, Ranma-Sama sing.” Kodachi announced, earning nods of approval from all the different fiancées, along with growls from Mousse a catwalk and a lost Ryoga… Although, Ryoga's growl was caused by the frustration of failing to escape the labyrinth Ranma placed him in. The five fathers (Genma, Soun, Koucho Kuno, Dr. Possible and Mr. Daikoku) shrugged, not really caring, either way.
 
Ranma was suddenly walking forward from the back of the stage, dressed in colorful pants and a long-sleeved top with his hair styled in a beehive with a long, thick bang, reaching Ranma's chest. “As I am, a younger man… and I dream of, distant lands... I wonder, where I could learn more. To go beyond these ancient walls, go beyond these ghostly halls. Go beyond…!
 
“Kai you are, so young and green! (To explore…) You did not see, what we have seen… The dangers are too many, to ignore!” came a chorus of elders, all dressed in long dresses, with long, flowing black hair. “So _stay_ behind these ancient walls, _stay_ within these ghostly halls, stay _behind_!”
 
“I-do-not-mean (Stay behind…) you disrespect; (Close the door) this life is not what I expect! All I know, is I must, _explore_!” Ranma traveled further back on the stage and ascended a staircase while singing. “To go beyond this Life of Waste, go beyond this bitter taste… Go _beyond_… And _beyond_! Go _beyond_! I want _more_!”
 
“Ranma, did this really happen?”
 
“I think so...”
 
The Narrator took the stage. “The Brunnen-G… shrank, from all that Life had to offer them. They became small, they became dull…they became, pathetic. Their bodies did not age… but the life contained in them, was decadent and worthless... Their victory over Death… was a hollow one.” He walked from the stage.
 
“It's a funny thing how time flies, six thousand years go by so fast! Whatever happened to what's his name? Refresh me on the past…” Caroled a young woman in a blue dress as she clutched her head.
 
“Hello to you my fa-ther, or maybe you're my _son_?” Began a man in similar clothing as Ranma. As a young blonde strode by, he pointed, “Perhaps she is my mo-ther or maybe, you're the one?” he questioned, pulling a different woman to him.
 
The woman he grabbed was spun away, where she began to sing. “There's too much to re-member, our heads are far too full… I don't recall who I was before, and likely never will- Whoa!” The last was an exclamation as she was tossed away.
 
“Doctor, Lawyer, Fireman, was that me or was that you? Baker, Butcher, Garbage Man-“ The entire group convened on the new man's shoulders, and sung in unison, “We haven't got a clue…”
 
The musical score from Ranma's earlier song began again. “I'll go beyond these ancient walls, I'll go beyond these lifeless halls. Go _beyond_! I want, _more_!!!” Ranma bellowed from his place at the pinnacle of the staircase.
 
As the lights dimmed, the Narrator took the stage again. “Kai… was young. He loved… and-was loved.” The Narrator pointed at Ukyo. “Come, join us… Be Kai's living-lover.”
 
“Why that no good, cheater!” Akane raged.
 
“Akane-dear, you do realize that this was in Ranchan's previous life, right?” Ukyo tried, hoping the girl would catch on, though she herself was a bit miffed that she wasn't Ranma's former lover. A girl can dream, a girl can dream…
 
“By Kai's time, the defensive shields… that protected Brunnis 2, from the rest of the Universe, were thousands of years old. Kai, and his Newborn friends, had discovered that the shields had, over time, developed, weak points… that allowed them to see into the Universe beyond!” He informed enthusiastically. He swept his gaze over their viewers. “And what they saw, was not good… Their Universe was one of War and Chaos! His Divine Shadow's Order was on the rise... conquering and destroying; planet, after planet! Kai… knew that he had to travel beyond the shields to learn his planet's fate. But Kai loved… and was loved…”
 
“I have come here, to tell you, that-I-have-to go _away_. Destiny is calling me, so I can-not stay. I may not return, but I have to know, what the Future holds, so I must go! I came here to tell you, that I must leave _today_…” Ranma approached a young woman with long lochs of black hair, wearing a red dress, upon further examination, one could barely make out Ukyo's face..
 
“If you, must leave me, then I guess you don't _care_!” the young woman began to walk a pace away from Ranma, as he gazed on her with longing. “And should you return, you-know-I-won't be there!” She began to walk towards Ranma again, her arms extended to accept her lover. “Close your eyes, stay here with me… you can't save our world, from its Destiny!” Ranma held her hands, and looked down to her eyes, until she averted her attention. “So leave me Kai, just say good-bye, for I no longer _care_!” She broke their bond and paced to the far left end of the stage, where she sat at a bench with prop leaves.
 
Ranma began to pace toward right stage, “If only she could understand, things aren't what they were. I wish that she'd care for me, like I care for her!” Ranma turned back to stare at the woman he loved eons ago. “If only I could make her see, that our world is gone. There-may-never-be another _dawn_! If only, she could understand, that I care for her…”
 
“If only, he could understand, how-my-heart is true… If only he would care for me, but there's-no-more I can do… I wish that he would-choose-to-stay, to be with me, not _go away_! If only he would understand, but there's-nothing I can do…”
 
Ranma and his former love rose and reached out to the other, but they were too far apart to touch. “So-I-say “fare-well”… to _you_!”
 
As Ranma and the woman moved to opposite sides of the stage, a single tear slipped down Ranma's cheek, shining brightly when the stage lights hit off it.
 
“I wouldn't have left you Ranma!” came the uniformed call of all seven “Official” fiancées, and the two un-officials.
 
 
[AN: Official: (Akane, Ukyo, Kodachi, Shampoo, Sailor Mars (Pluto said that Ranma is a reincarnated Noble from the Silver Millennium, engaged to the Princess of Mars *It was for kicks, she didn't think the girl would really go after him! I mean, he lives in Nerima, for Pete's sake!*), Kim Possible (During mid tenth grade) and Clover (Genma promised Ranma to marry her when Clover's mother had taken him in for a few night's stay))
Un-official: (Mandy (because Clover picked him and she wanted to say she had him first) and Kaori Daikoku (she gave up her engagement rights in the anime, but for the sake of this story, she came back, during Ranma's second year in Nerima))]
 
 
The Narrator came onto the stage again, highlighted in the warm glow of the stage lights. “Ah! But you are not her, you are Akane, and Shampoo, Sailor-of _Mars_, and… teen-hero, Kim Possible. Kodachi, Kaori and Mandy, heiresses to fortunes untold! Clover, a material girl, that has experienced true _love_ for the very first time. Ukyo, you were chosen because, you have once experienced the… agony of… a heart, left alone…”
 
As the girls' tears spilled, one young girl - though not engaged with Ranma, in any manner, she was there by a relation to Mars - bawled loudly. “Poor Ranma! I wish I had been there to help you!” Usagi wiped at the tears pouring from her face.
 
Seeing a girl cry always made Soun feel a bit down himself, so he joined the girl, the two nearly flooding the theatre…
 
As the two were quieted by family and friends, the Narrator took everyone's attention again. “In search of answers, Kai went beyond the Brunnen-G shields, to the planet of the Time Prophet…”
 
The lights shifted and a woman wearing a judge's headpiece took the center. “Time begins, and then Time ends… And then Time begins once again… It is happening now, it has happened before, it will surely _hap-pen_ again.”
 
“Prophet, I have come to you, here on this uncertain moon… Do we, Brunnen-G… have any hope, or are my people doomed?”
 
“I look in to the cycles of time, not very clearly, _mind_ you… I gaze into, the Future-Past, and I see the Brunnen-G's doom… But-Kai, you'll be, the last to die… and there is, something else I see… The Shadow's Order will be destroyed… at the Hands of The Last Brunnen-G…!”
 
“Are you certain, Time Prophet?” Ranma questioned in his speaking voice, rather than singing.
 
“Time begins, and then Time ends… and then Time will begin once again… It has happening now, it has before, it will _sure-ly_ happen, a-gain…”
 
Fade out….
 
“Kai told his people, that he visited the Time Prophet, and learned that his planet was doomed, to be destroyed by the Divine Order.”
 
“Gather `round, and here my song… we've been deaf, we have been blind-too-long! Beyond our shields, there lies a threat! It, will spell our certain death. His Shadow is coming, His Shadow looms. His Shadow is bringing our Final Doom. You cannot hide; you must listen to me! This is the end of the Brunnen-G…
 
Ranma grew despondent at the lack of a rise he was getting of his people, the mighty Brunnen-G. He ran up to man chased him into his hiding hole. “Why don't you listen,” Ranma chased after another man, grabbing him by the collar of his dress, “why don't you hear? Our final hour is almost here…” He ran around the stage, but everyone he went near rushed away from him, “Do you want to do nothing, and close your eyes? ” Ranma stood in center stage and pointed his finger at all the cowering Brunnen-G. “You're blind and you're mad, if you're waiting to die! His Shadow is coming, I tell you its true! His Shadow will kill us, what shall we do?” Not giving up on his people, Ranma ran to them again, pulling the men from huddling behind their wives, and women from hiding behind purses and grocery items. “Now is the time to prepare for war, or are you unable to fight,” Ranma pumped his hand into the air, and slowly fell to his knees with disappointment, “any-_more_?!”
 
“The Brunnen-G did not listen. The Brunnen-G were angry, angrier than any could remember before. Kai was accused of betraying them, by breaching the shields. By opening the doors, to enemies that could destroy them!” Narrator informed.
 
“What has this Newborn, brought on our heads? What kind of horrors, what kind of awful dread?”” Began one of the leaders, as Ranma remained motionless in center stage.
 
The judge was joined by his wife in sentencing, “He's broken the shields, he's broken the wall! This Newborn will bring certain death to us all!”
 
All pointed down at Ranma and circled around him, as he stared in a listless gaze. “You are the one who invited this war, you are the one who has opened the door! What should we do with him, what would be just?”
 
None noticed as Ukyo's character, Kai's lover slunk at the side of the stage, watching the proceedings with deep sorrow.
 
Judge: “If he is found guilty…”
 
All: “Then kill him, we must!” The group declared with stone faces and angry fire in their eyes.
 
Fade Out.
 
The Narrator remained to the side of the stage, rather than coming up. “Kai was put on trial, and found guilty of betraying his people! Kai, was condemned to Death, by Aging…” He gave the crowd a good look-over, gauging their reactions. “A punishment, the Brunnen-G considered truly terrible.” He left the stage, the clacking of his heels the only method to track his movement.
 
Fade In.
 
“You are accused of a treason, most high… You are found guilty, sentenced to die. I hereby decree that your death shall be slow. This Newborn will die, because… he will, grow _old_!” The judge set aside his gavel and stared pointedly at Ranma. “Have you anything to say?” He questioned, without his singing voice.
 
Ranma stood before the council and stared defiantly on them. “You do not pass this sentence on me… You're passing it on all… _Brunnen-G_!”
 
Fade Out.
 
“And so Kai, was thrown into a lonely, silent Cell…”
 
Fade In.
 
The sound of metal clinking set the song. Ukyo stepped up to the cell gate, her hands clenched together at her waist.
 
Ranma looked up into her eyes, but could not bring himself to find anger at her. “You find me wasting here, you must think I'm insane… All I want, is for you to know, I would do this all again... I simply had to do, what I had to do. But it never meant, I didn't love you… But why do you come see me here? Is it to break my heart again?”
 
“While you were away from me, I nearly went insane. I spent my nights won-dering, if I would see you once again.” Ukyo used her key to open the gate and stepped within. “If I set you free, will you be with me? Do you want me? Do you _love_ me? I can't stand to see you wasting here, I want to be with you again…”
 
Ukyo and Ranma clasped hands and peered into the other's eyes. “Two hearts are as one heart. And this one Heart has _two_!” The two ran from the gateway and up the staircase in the back of the stage. “As long as this hear-art beats, I will love only you…” The two stared into the other's gaze for a moment before proceeding further back… “Time slips away, it fades away, so we must, live _today_!” The two ascended a second set of stairs, with a rock wall cutout, placed in front. “My heart beats for you my love, and your heart beats for me…” Ranma and Ukyo came as close to each other as they dared, what with the many burning battle auras in the audience. “And your heart beats, for _me_…”
 
Fade Away.
 
The black curtain in the rear of the stage displayed the afterburners of a spaceship, as its passing resounded through the room.
 
“The Brunnen-G, knowing that their shields were breached, communicated with the outside world, for the first time, in Millennia! They realized that Kai was right, and that they truly were doomed!” Narrator took a moment to stare at the audience, seeing that auras were dying down and now the stage lights were the only objects giving of light. “But how, my friends, do you think they reacted?”
 
Fade In.
 
A group of men and women wearing blue or red dresses, and others, wearing colorful, full body clothing, walked to the fore of the stage, arm in arm.
 
Sopranos, Altos: “We have been living in a dream!”
: Tenors “We have been living in a Dream!”
 
Sopranos, Altos: “It's time to wake up, and truly see…”
 
All: “Our lives have all been so empty, until _now_!” Everyone reached out in pre-choreographed direction. “But Death will come free us… Death will release us! It all makes senseless sense to us, _somehow_! For too long, we've cheated Death. The sweet relief of our final breathe, Sweet relief, sweet relief… We want it now!”
 
Narrator: “No one cared about Kai anymore. No body cared about anything, except their soon to be realized Death…”
 
The group began to dance as though they were at a festival of joy…
 
Sopranos, Altos: “We welcome Death with open hearts!”
Tenors: “We welcome Death with open hearts!”
 
Sopranos: “We feel right; now let the dying start!”
 
All: “It all makes senseless sense to us, _somehow_! So let us rejoice at our Death; the sweet relief of our final breath…”
 
Tenors: “Sweet relief!”
 
Tenors, Sopranos: “Sweet relief!”
 
All: “Sweet relief!”
 
All, but the Sopranos sing at a much higher pitch than anytime before: “Sweet _Relief_!”
 
All: “Kill us now!”
 
The stage darkened as the men and women danced their way from the stage.
 
Usagi was flabbergasted. She had been told many times that her lineage were gifted with such extremely long lives, that they lived for millennia, but this was not anything she had imagined. “Th-They really acted that way?”
 
Ranma stared into the bunny-ears-pigtailed girl's eyes. The sorrow was plainly visible for all witness as he answered her. “Yes.”
 
“The madness, was in the air,” Narrator explained from onstage. “It was everywhere. But some did not wish to see the end of the Brunnen-G… Some thought, that the great people, that saved mankind in the Great Insect Wars, should fight this new enemy. They were the Newborn, the only vital force left on the planet…”
 
Ranma was once again in the center of the stage, this time surrounded by people with all three types of clothing (dresses for the elders and bodysuits for the Newborn). “We are the Brunnen-_G_, and we once we great! And I must say to _you_, it is not too late! We may die, but we must fight; let us act this very night! Why should we lay _down_, and accept this fate? ”
 
Others: “We are the Brunnen-_G_, we're waiting to die! We celebrate the Death that will fall from the sky!
 
Ranma: “We may die, but must fight; let us act this very night!”
 
Others: “We are the Brunnen-_G_, we're waiting to die!”
 
Ranma: “We are the Brunnen-_G_, do we have no pride? We must stand and fight, not commit suicide!” Ukyo made her way out of the crowd as it began to divide amongst the Newborn and elders. “Come with me and we will fight, turn them back this very night! We are the Brunnen-_G_, do we have no Pride?”
 
Others: “We are the Brunnen-_G_, we're waiting to die! We celebrate the Death that will fall from the sky!”
 
Ranma: “It is not too late to fight, come with me this very night!”
 
Others: By this point a majority of the elders had already left from the gathering, leaving only the Newborn and Ukyo. “We are the Brunnen-_G_, we're waiting to die!”
 
Ranma: He walks around the remaining Newborn, pointing out several of them. “Will you come with me and fight?”
 
Newborn and a few elder females: “We will come with you and fight!”
 
Elders: “We are the Brunnen-_G_, we're waiting to _die_!”
 
Ranma: He raised his arms high, and bellowed with pride. “We are the Brunnen-_G_, we de-serve _to die_!”
 
As the scene was brought to a close, Ukyo made her way to the Narrator and whispered, “I wish my character could change what happened…”
 
“The show is The Show; and The Show never changes…” he related to her. Narrator took his place at center stage. “But the Newborn were few, they had no weapons… The Divine Order was more powerful, than anything they had ever known. They had developed a mighty weapon, called the Fore-Shadow… it could destroy entire planets, with sheets of pure energy, that it rained down, onto them from space… Kai knew of nothing that could stop this weapon. The Brunnen-G shields, were totally destroyed, by the Divine Order and the Fore-Shadow was closing in… There was no hope of mercy, only certainty of Death!
 
“The Newborn Brunnen-G went to a museum, where they found a few ancient and long obsolete weapons, preserved only for their curious technology. They were tiny, insect craft, that carried small missiles. And the Newborn, led by Kai, planned to take these tiny craft, and attack the Fore-Shadow; the mighty battle weapon of the Divine Order…”
 
Ranma: “If this should be, our final stand,” Ranma began a slow pace to the front of the stage as the other Newborn ran across the stage with streamers attached to long poles, “we will stand together with _Pride_. We will honor the past, and fight to last. It will be a good way to die…”
 
All: The stage lights went out, but the black screen came to life with the image of several insects flying through murky black clouds, heading to space. “It matters not, if the cause is lost,” The purpose of the streamers is revealed as the thespians hold them overhead, showing a keen likeness to the craft on the screen, “and we cannot stop the _tide_… we will fight to the end, and then fight again; it will be a good way to die!”
 
Ukyo: “Our time is short, our chance is grim, but I will not give in to _fear_! I can face death, with an open heart, if I know that you are _near_! And if I must die, I'll be with you Kai, full of Pride, at your _side_! I live now for you my love, it's a good way to _die_…
 
All: The group interlocked hands and turned to face the audience. “This moment will live on in Time! If any ever asks _why_… The Brunnen-G, did not fall on their _knees_? You will _know_, they found a good way… to _die_!”
 
“The Newborn found a good way to die. They sang an ancient song, from a long lost language, handed down by their ancestors…” Narrator stated, sounded proud of the choice the Newborn had made. “A song, the Brunnen-G always sang, when they went into battle expecting to die.”
 
Ranma: “Yo _Way_ Yo…” the theatre was utterly silent as the Newborn enacted a salute with their streamers. “Yo _Way_ Yo, Home Va Ray…!” The streamers were re-introduced, as the thespians began to shake them fiercely.
 
All: “Yo Way Rah, Jerhume Brunnen-G! Yo Way Yo, Home Va Ray! Yo Way Rah, Jerhume Brunnen-G Yo Way Yo! Home Va Ray! Yo Way Rah, Jerhume Brunnen-G! Yo Way Rah, Jerhume Brunnen-_G_”
 
The lights slowly dimmed. “The half dozen little craft went forth, against the mighty power of the Divine Order… Not really believing that they would win; for the prophecy had told them that they would not! But knowing that they would die well!”
 
Ranma walked to the center stage and lay down, imitating his last breaths.
 
A man in an all-covering black cloak, stepped from off stage to stand over Ranma's head, looking down at the dying form.
 
“His Shadow?” Ranma called up.
 
“The cloaked man crossed his hands. “His Divine Shadow, yes.”
 
“The Brunnen-G, will defeat you!”
 
“I do not think so. The power of Order has destroyed your planet, the power of Order will destroy you; and you are the last of the Brunnen-G left alive. Die, last of the Brunnen-G…” With that, His Divine Shadow emitted a green energy from his hand and Ranma gave his last breath.
 
Fade Out.
 
“Although Kai had been killed, he was re-animated, used as one His Divine Shadows Elite Killers called The Divine Assassins… During this time, Kai knew not anything, nor did he ever think…”
 
 
Ranma walked out onto the stage and stared at an older form of himself. This older man was deathly pale, with a more angular face and less trained musculature. He appeared to be in his mid-twenties, and leveled a bronze colored beetle-shaped-claw at Ranma…
 
“I kill you in the name of His Divine Shadow.” These cold, emotionless words were the last words Ranma heard…
 
*************************************************************
 
Nabiki stared through a ballistic resistant plate glass, window, at Ranma. She couldn't stop from muttering to herself, though it was quiet enough, not to be picked up. “I really Akane hadn't hit Ranma while he was under the influence. I warned her this would happened…”
 
“Yo Way Yo… Home Va Ray…” Ranma murmured, as he rocked back and forth in a corner. Ordinarily the specialists would have placed his in a straightjacket, but with the last seven only binding him 'til he was ready move, they had given upon them. “Yo Way Rah, Jerhume Brunnen-G…”
 
“Do you know what the phrase means?” one of the doctors ask Nabiki, hoping that a close associate of the boy's would know its significance.
 
“I don't even recognize the language, but maybe his father might. Can you write it down for me?” Nabiki requested, flashing the man her pearly whites.
 
The mousy doctor blushed, fumbled out a pen and paper and took extra care in writing the words.
 
At the same time, Ranma made a significant breakthrough, changing from his unknown language to Japanese. His voice boomed loudly, threatening to shatter the glass with its force. “If this should be our final stand, we will stand together with Pride! We will honor the past, and fight to the last! It will be a good way... to _DIE_!”
 
Nabiki stared at the shimmering glass and directed a nervous look to the doctor. “Has that ever happened before?”
 
The doctor shook his head pensively. “At least not since we had his room specially fitted for his strength.”
 
The sound an object sailing through the air high speed, met their ears a moment before Death claimed them.
 
Ranma stepped out from the shattered glass and stared at the Ki-construct, designed to look exactly like the beetle bracer his older self wore. “I kill you in the name of His Divine Shadow.” Ranma intoned, emotionlessly, with his eyes a pale yellow…
 
The End
 
Yay!!! A new fic finished! It's a very dark and emotional trip; don't you think so?
 
Anyway, excerpts from: Lexx. Characters from: Ranma