Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Photogrey ❯ Part 2: ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

11111111111100000000000000000000000000001111111111111111111111
 
Date: 140408, 220408, 280408
Disclaimer: All Ranma/ST characters and concepts belonged to their respective creators and owners.
 
Synopsis: Where in the world is the Nerima Wrecking Crew?
Warning: Nabiki has been BORGIFIED!!!
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
PHOTOGREY
 
Part 2:
 
They had not gone far in terms of warp travel when they heard a voice loud and commanding ... through their subspace receivers.
 
"In the name of the Romulan Star Empire, surrender or be destroyed!"
 
Within seconds, dozens of Romulan ships de-cloaked all around them ready to open fire!
 
Before this ...
 
"Praetor Shinzon, you promised us action and yet, you delay!" the Romulan commander spoke.
 
"Patience ... commander ... I thought we had discuss patience," Shinzon remarked.
 
"And my patience is running thin! Shinzon, we only supported you because you promised to deliver the Federation into our hands! Have you forgotten that little detail already?" the Romulan commander added, his tone of voice belying his barely restrained anger.
 
"Patience ... my friends ... patience ... Rest assured I have a plan and I am in the process of carrying it out," the Praetor answered calmly.
 
"Then, would you be so kind as to enlighten us as to what your plan is??!!!" the Romulan commander snarled angrily in reply
 
"Just leave it to us to carry the plan out and rest assured, the Federation will be crippled beyond repair. Does that satisfy you commander?" the Praetor asked, a dangerous glint in his eye.
 
The Romulan commander was about to answer when a Romulan guard rushed into the room.
 
"Sir, we have a situation. Three Borg ships of unknown origin have been spotted by our deep space sensors and are on a course that will take them straight into the heart of the Romulan Empire. At the speed they're going, they'll reach the Romulan border in three minutes," the Romulan guard announced.
 
"The Borg? Are you sure about it?" The Romulan commander asked.
 
"Yes sir. Even stranger, they do not appear to resemble any conventional Borg ships through we can identify them. One is a Borg Scout Cube. The other is a Borg Queen's personal command ship. The third ship is a Borg Tactical Sphere," the Romulan guard explained.
 
"And no Borg Cubes?"
 
"None sir."
 
"What does the Tal'Shiar think about this?" another Romulan commander asked.
 
"They're silent on the matter," the Romulan guard answered.
 
"Go figure. They're as much in the dark as we are. Tell the fleet to rendezvous at Cylas-4. Praetor, it seems that our discussion must be continued at a different time," the Romulan commander announced before stepping out of the room with his compatriots.
 
The new Praetor and his Reman guards watched their departure in silence.
 
After they had left, the Reman Viceroy asked, "Praetor Shinzon ... does this change our plan?"
 
"No. We will wait for Picard at the designated juncture. If the Borg comes, we will deal with them. Not before then," the Praetor answered calmly though inwardly he was worried at the unexpected development.
 
He mentally calculated the odds of winning in a war against the Borg and quailed at its probabilities. If the Borg were to invade the Alpha Quadrant, there was a good chance all would be lost even if he were to accelerate his plans.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Meanwhile in another place ... and another ship ... said person and his crew were dealing with a new problem that had cropped up.
 
"Geordie, have you figured out what is wrong with the ship's computer?" the captain asked.
 
"It would seem that the Enterprise's computer has developed a personality of its own. I would say it has become sentient, captain," the ship's chief engineer concluded.
 
"Sentient? Can you explain what it is saying? For some reason, the ship's computer is not translating the words at all," the captain of the Enterprise continued.
 
"The words are spoken in a form of archaic Japanese, captain. It says ... 'What dark machinations has the foul sorceror, Saotome, planned this time? No doubt he plans to enslave the fierce tigress Akane and the pigtailed goddess by removing the Blue Thunder from his presence. I, Tatewaki Kuno, the Blue Thunder of Furinkan High School will not stand for it! The vengeance of heaven is slow but sure!'" the android translated.
 
The crew of the Enterprise listened to Data's words in disbelief.
 
"That's what it said? Are you sure Data?" Geordie asked.
 
"Positive. Now it's saying 'Foul sorceror, thou shalt not escape the wrath of the Blue Thunder!'" the android replied.
 
"They sound like the mindless ramblings of a Shakespearian cynic!" Picard added.
 
"Sir, our ship's warp drives are powering up. Shakespearian cynic or not, the AI appears to have taken control of our ship. The destination appears to be the Romulan border!" Geordie answered.
 
"Deactivate the ship's computer!" the captain of the Enterprise ordered.
 
The crew quickly went to do as they were told. Unfortunately for the crew, disabling the AI onboard the Enterprise turned out to be easier said than done.
 
"Great! Not only do we have a rogue AI taking control of our ship! We have a rogue and retarded AI doing so," Riker commented as the Federation starship went into warp.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Meanwhile ... onboard the Reman Warbird ... Scimitar ...
 
"Praetor, the Enterprise has gone into warp! They appear headed for the Romulan border!" the Reman navigator spoke.
 
'Hmmm??? The Romulan border where the Borg are arriving? Why though? This is very much unlike Picard,' Shinzon thought as he pondered the sudden shift in movement by the Enterprise captain.
 
"What are you waiting for??!!! Follow them!" the Praetor ordered the crew of the Reman ship.
 
He could not allow his quarry to escape. The captain of the Enterprise held more than being the key to his survival here. If he were to leave right now at this point in time, his carefully-laid out plans for the future of the entire quadrant might just fall apart.
 
Quickly, the flagship of the Reman warfleet went into warp, tracking down its prey ... the Enterprise.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
At the Romulan border ...
 
A tense standoff was taking place ...
 
"Commander, all we're asking for is safe passage through Romulan space," Nabiki spoke, presenting her request on behalf of Kasumi, Ranma, Ryoga ... where was Ryoga?
 
'Where in the world is Ryoga Hibiki?' the middle Tendo sister wondered while she scanned her surroundings with her advanced Borg sensors for signs of the lost boy.
 
'Lost as usual somewhere in the galaxy. No doubt blaming me for all of his problems,' came the unexpected reply.
 
'Ranma, I need to concentrate on the negotiations here ... unless of course you want to fight your way through the entire Romulan fleet!' Nabiki answered cheerfully.
 
'Sorry.' the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist's voice died down on the other end.
 
"The Borg are not permitted entry, one way or another, into Romulan space under any circumstances!" the Romulan commander insisted.
 
"We are not Borg! We have broken away from the Collective!" Nabiki replied.
 
"Even so. If any of you attempt to cross the border without our permission, we will be forced to destroy your ships!" the Romulan commander warned loudly in an intimidating gesture though inwardly he hoped that it didn't have to come down to that.
 
He was well aware of the heavy losses that would be incurred by the Romulan fleet in a battle of no-limits with the Borg.
 
'He's afraid of us Ranma-kun,' Kasumi spoke while observing the ongoing negotiations through the subspace link they shared with Nabiki.
 
'I know Kasumi-chan. Everyone is afraid of the Borg except Species 8472,' Ranma replied.
 
The arguments continued.
 
They were still speaking when Nabiki picked up something on her ship's sensors which was actively scanning for the lost boy's presence.
 
A Federation starship? What's it doing here? Everyone wondered as the ship dropped out of warp.
 
The transmission from the ship gave them a clue.
 
"THE VENGEANCE OF HEAVEN IS SLOW BUT SURE! I WILL SMITE THEE, FOUL SORCEROR!" a voice shouted through the subspace channel.
 
The Enterprise's weapons began to power up.
 
Kuno??? The so-called Blue Thunder of Furinkan High School is here??? were the thoughts that went through Ranma, Nabiki and Kasumi's heads.
 
'That does sound like Kuno, Ranma.' Nabiki admitted without the usual cheerful banter through the special link she shared with Ranma and her elder sister.
 
"WHERE HAVE YOU HIDDEN THE PIGTAILED GODDESS AND THE FIERCE TIGRESS AKANE??!!! FREE THEM AT ONCE!" the same voice continued in that loud tone of voice.
 
'Kuno, definitely. One hundred percent confirmation,' the Jusenkyo martial artist concluded.
 
The other two Tendo sisters readily agreed.
 
"Kuno! For the last time ... I have not enslaved the pigtailed girl and Akane! Get that through your thick skull! You dolt!" Ranma shouted back through the subspace transmitter.
 
"YOU LIE! VILE SORCEROR! HAVE AT THEE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!" the voice continued in a louder tone while phaser blasts lanced out in rapid fire mode from the Enterprise towards Ranma's ship who easily evaded all the attacks^_^.
 
Not to mention, he's picked this great and convenient time to liberate his 'fair maidens' enslaved to the foul sorceror! Ranma gave the equivalent of a mental sigh as the Federation starship's attacks did not go unnoticed by the Romulan fleet.
 
'Am I not enslaved to the foul sorceror Saotome?' Kasumi asked the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist cheekily.
 
'Kasumi! One Kuno is bad enough! If you two want to get involve in one of those BDSM roleplays ...' Nabiki chided her sister.
 
'Just trying to lighten up here. Can't a Borg Queen have a day off from her usual self?' the eldest Tendo sister answered cheerfully before sending Nabiki a holodeck program on BDSM live demonstrations collected from all those minds assimilated by the Borg Collective.
 
'Kasumi! I'm so shocked! Such perversions! Such corruption! Such depravity! From the Angel of our family itself! What has become of my noble and saintly sister?' Nabiki repeated in mock admonishment and horror at the vast amount of breeding methods done by various alien races throughout the galaxy.
 
'She has become enlightened ... through assimilation ... and adaptation,' came the eldest Tendo sister's clever reply.
 
'What more could go wrong?' the Jusenkyo cursed martial artist wondered as he pretended not to hear Kasumi and Nabiki's subspace exchange which was becoming more and more embarassing as time wore on while continuing to dodge all of Kuno's phaser attacks.
 
Just then the sound of the most horrible laughter was broadcasted out throughout the region on all subspace frequencies.
 
'Me and my big thoughts,' the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist swore.
 
"OH! HO! HO! HO! Sasuke! To arms! We must stop my foolish brother from destroying my love!" came the words across the subspace channel.
 
'Kodachi. Not her ... anyone but her ...' went a certain Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist's thoughts as he briefly recalled the insane gymnast's antics back in Nerima.
 
"Yes, of course, Mistress Kodachi!" the Kuno household ninja answered as two of the Romulan ships broke formation from the Romulan fleet and opened fire on the Federation starship!
 
'It's amazing isn't it? Even in another universe, she's never far from you,' Nabiki remarked snidely .
 
'Be silent Nabiki. Your sarcastic comments are not helping matters,' Ranma mentally shot back as he continued to follow the antics of the Kuno household through his advanced Borg sensors.
 
'Oh come on ... Where's your sense of humour? Don't tell me that it has been frozen up by the Borg!' Nabiki winked back at him.
 
'Humour is irrelevant. All will be assimilated.' Ranma spoke in a Borg-like manner.
 
'Very funny.' the middle Tendo sister remarked as she stuck out her tongue at him.
 
Onboard the Romulan Vereleus Battlebird, Agon'tath, a far different story was taking place. The Romulan commander was shocked, albeit furious when two ships from the Romulan fleet broke away from the rest to attack the Federation starship.
 
"Cease fire!" he shouted to the attacking duo.
 
There was no reply except for the sound of the bone-chilling laugh coming through his subspace channel. This turn of events made up the commander's mind.
 
"This is a top priority order to all ships! The Valdore and Norexan Warbirds have gone rogue! Destroy them!" the Romulan commander relayed the order to the entire fleet.
 
Ranma immediately powered up all of his weapons.
 
What are you doing? Nabiki asked, although she could already guess the answer.
 
I don't like either of the Kunos but we just can't let them get slaughtered by the Romulan fleet! the Jusenkyo martial artist answered as he entered the fray by opening up with a dual cutting beam attack on the Romulan Vereleus Battlebird.
 
Meanwhile ... onboard the Romulan flagship ...
 
"Sir! One of the Borg ships is powering up its weapons!" the Romulan navigator spoke.
 
"What???!!! Evasive maneuvers!" he ordered but the command came too slow and too late.
 
The massive Romulan Battlebird shook heavily as the powerful cutting beam attack from the spherical-looking Borg ship struck the shields with tremendous force, collapsing it altogether before several more shots from the same ship rattled the hull of the ship disabling its weapons altogether.
 
Kasumi quickly followed suit. Her heavy Borg weapons individually targeting and taking out all the Romulan ships like flies.
 
Why do I even bother? When it comes to Ranma, negotiations only go so far ... the middle Tendo sister thought before opening fire on one of the Romulan ships herself ^_^.
 
TBC
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Story Guide:
 
Current Progress:
 
Ranma Saotome - Borg Tactical Sphere (capital class ship)
Kasumi Tendo - Borg Queen's Diamond ship (capital class ship)
Nabiki Tendo - Borg Scout Cube (light combat class ship)
 
Ryoga Hibiki - Species 8472 Heavy Bioship (capital class ship)
 
Tatewaki Kuno - Federation Sovereign Dreadnought - Enterprise-E (capital class ship)
 
Kodachi Kuno - Romulan Valdore Command Warbird (capital class ship)
Sasuke - Romulan Norexan Warbird (capital class ship)
 
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
What in the world has happened to Kasumi, Nabiki, Ranma and Ryoga? And why? More on what has happened to the rest of the Nerima Wrecking Crew will be revealed in the coming chapters.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111