Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Powder Snow ❯ Powder Snow ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~I want to be left alone.

I want to escape to a place where no one knows me.

That I'm wrong about that, that it's my fault, is all my heart has.

I don't need tomorrow.

"BAKAS! JIGOKU E IKU! (Idiots! Go to hell!)” As soon as those words flew out of Miko Tendo’s mouth, she turned on her heel and stormed out of the dojo, leaving behind a totally shocked family and equally shocked friends. The brunette girl continued walking until she broke into a run. The farther away she got from her home, the better.

Lightning cracked and thunder roared. Rain poured down as if the angels were crying waterfalls. The now male Miko continued running until he made it to a soft dry area under a tree. He sat down, wrapping his arms around himself. He almost fell asleep if it wasn’t for hot water pouring on top of his head. The now female looked up her darkened blue eyes meeting with light brown.

~Can I cry as much as I want to?

Until my tears wither away.

The white snow flows and muffles my tears.

Please help me.

“...Why did you do that Ryoga?” Miko asked bitterly. “Hello to you too.” Came the sarcastic reply. “Hmph.” Miko looked away. Ryoga jumped down from the branch he had been on. “What are you doing out in a storm like this?” “I could ask you the same question.” Miko shot back. “Hey, I’m just concerned for you!” “ Well don’t be! I don’t need anyone’s concern!” After that, the brunette girl broke down in tears.

She felt Ryoga pull her into an embrace. It was silent except for the sound of the falling rain and the occasional thunder. Miko shivered from the cold weather and she felt the embrace tighten. She clutched his shirt tightly, feeling safer around him.

~I don't have even one regret.

I've always been living in the present

So that I don't leave even a single trace or footprint,

The candle melts down, this light is extinguished.

"Gomen nasai (I‘m sorry), Ryoga-kun." Miko said, her voice muffled. "Nani(What?)? What are you sorry for?" Ryoga asked, completely clueless. Miko looked up, tears still trailing down her face, "For earlier. I don't know what I was thinking..."

Ryoga smiled slightly, "There's nothing to be sorry for. We all have our bad days." "Mine was more like a nightmare..." Miko mumbled. "Really? Why?" "Well..."

~~~~~Flash back two hours ago~~~~~

Miko sighed softly as she pushed the doorway open. "I'm home!" she called. There was silence. "Huh? That's strange... where is everyone?" she wondered. She blinked as she heard sounds coming from upstairs. Curious, she quietly went up. The sound got louder as she got closer to hers and Akane's room. Miko blinked and slowly opened the door. What she saw next, would scar her forever.

~Can I scream at the top of my lungs?

Until my voice withers away.

The white snow will forgive me for everything.

Please.

Miko mouth dropped open in shock and horror when she saw her older sister and her fiancée (Ranma duh) in what looked like a complete and total make out. Miko screamed. The two froze and looked at her.

“"M-miko! This is.. I mean.." Miko cut her fiancee off. "Don't. I saw what was going on. You don't need to tell me anything." she said quietly. "I hope you two are happy together." she left the room and slammed the door shut. She broke out in tears as she raced down the steps. She heard a door slam open and footsteps quickly following her. Ignoring them, she continued running. She ran past the family room, where her father and Mr. Panda (a.k.a. Mr. Saotome) were playing a game again. The two adults looked up when they heard her run past. "Looks like the plan is working." Soun said to his old friend. :Hopefully: said the sign that Mr. Saotome held up. Miko continued running until she made it outside. But then someone grabbed her arm. Miko tried to pull away but the person was too strong. "Miko, please just listen to us." "Why should I?!" the heartbroken girl cried. "It's obvious you two like each other so just leave me alone!" "No." the grip on her arm slightly tightened and Miko found herself being dragged back into the house.

~I spread my arms wide.

I just want to gather the shining snow.

But why? It's so fleeting...

"So this was all some plan just to get me to admit my feelings to Ranma?" Miko asked, her eyes wide with disbelief that her family would go that low. Hesitantly everyone nodded. Miko gave a fake smile though no one could tell, "Well, I guess I should confess then." she got up and walked over to Ranma. "Ranma Saotome..." she said softly, her eyes sparkling. Suddenly her eyes narrowed and there was the echoing sound of flesh against flesh as Miko slapped her now ex-fiancee. "I HATE YOU!" she screamed. Everyone looked shocked at her yell but none more shocked then Ranma. He sat up from where he had fallen, holding a hand to the spot where she had slapped him. Miko could see the hurt in his eyes. But she wouldn't back down. "Miko please. Be reasonable..." her father started. "Reasonable? HA! Why should I be reasonable when my life is now a living HELL?!" tears started to stream down her face. "Forget it! I'm not going to be reasonable when all of you planned this. Did you not care about my feelings? BAKAS! JIGOKU E IKU!" she cried and ran out of the Dojo out in the pouring rain.

~~~~End of Flashback~~~~

~Can I cry as much as I want to?

Until my tears wither away.

The white snow flows and muffles my tears.

"A-after that, I just ran out. I couldn't bare being in the same house as them any longer." By now, Miko was sobbing again. Ryoga didn't say anything, he was too shocked, to angered. How dare they do that to her! She was so full of happy innocence and they took it all away from her. And for what? For some stupid school. Pushing away his angered thought, Ryoga paid more attention to the depressed girl in his arms. Her crying had ceased and had been replace with deep breathing for she had fallen fast asleep. The rain had stopped so holding the sleeping brunette bridal style, Ryoga carried her off into the night.

~~~~~~

Miko's eyes fluttered open as sunlight poured into her sight. Groaning, she sat up, stretching her stiff muscles. She looked around seeing snow white walls and a muddy brown floor. She felt a slight weight at the end of the bed and looked, gasping softly. It was Ryoga. The poor boy had stayed up all night watching her. But the weariness took it's toll on him. Miko blushed, "He did that...For me? Why?' she thought. Pushing the thought aside, she got up quietly and went out of the room to let her friend rest. She quietly moved down the steps of the house she was in, feeling weird but curious. The next thing she knew, she was tackled down by a teenaged girl with really long purple hair. Shampoo...

"Miko! Shampoo so happy to see you alright!" the Chinese Amazon exclaimed. Miko smiled softly, "Thanks Shampoo. But, how did I get here? I can't remember much of last night." Shampoo looked sad, "Ryoga bring you here. He tell Shampoo what happen." Memories hit Miko like a ton of bricks. Catching her sister and Ranma together, finding out it was all just some stupid plan, telling Ranma she hated him, running out of the dojo... Miko fell to her knees, tears stinging her eyes. Shampoo fell down next to her and gave her a sisterly hug, "It'll be ok. We help you get through it." she said softly. Miko smiled weakly, "Arigotou (Thank You), Shampoo-chan. I don't know what I would do without you." Shampoo smiled back, "That what friends for, right?" "Right."

Together, the two girl got back up and went downstairs. They were the only ones awake for right now so the two of them just sat down and talked for awhile. After about a half an hour later they heard a crash. Miko sweat dropped while Shampoo just shook her head, sighing. "Mousse." They said together before the said duck/man came tumbling down the steps and landing in a heap. "Baka(Idiot, he doesn't have his glasses on again," Shampoo said shaking her head again. Miko sighed softly before going over to the blind-as-a-bat-without-his-glasses man, and helped him up. She picked up his glasses, which had fallen on the floor. "Wear your glasses stupid." she said, putting them on for him.

~Can I scream at the top of my lungs?

Until my voice withers away.

The white snow will forgive me for everything.

After nearly getting choked to death from a hug from Mousse, Miko sat down with a sigh. The other two followed suit and the talked for awhile about random things in life. Pretty soon they heard someone coming downstairs and looked to see Ryoga. Miko felt her cheeks flare up in embarrassment, but she smiled. “Sleeping Beauty finally awakes.” she said teasingly. “Shut up.” Ryoga stuck out his tongue. The two teens stared at each other before cracking up. After the laughter died down, Miko sighed softly, “I wanted to thank you for helping me last night, Ryoga-kun. Without you, I’d probably be sick from the rain and alone too.” Miko said with a small giggle.

The raven haired boy rubbed the back of his neck, “It was really no problem.” he mumbled softly. Miko giggled softly. “Miko-chan? Where you gonna stay now?” Shampoo asked. “You can’t go back to the Dojo.” Miko’s gaze lowered to the ground, “I... have no idea.” Everyone, except the brunette girl, fell over anime style. Miko only blinked.

“Miko-chan, should stay with Ryoga.” Shampoo said, being the first to recover. “NANI?!” both teens shouted in surprise. Shampoo smiled, “It obvious you like each other. You stay together.” Both Miko and Ryoga were blushing furiously. “Well, I... wouldn’t mind...If it’s ok with Miko/Ryoga.” Ryoga/Miko said at the same time. Both looked at each other and blushed.

~Can I cry as much as I want to?

Until my tears wither away.

Can I shout loudly?

Until my voice withers away.

“You really wouldn’t mind?” Miko asked softly. “No, of course not.” came the quiet reply. “Then it settled. You two stay together. We be going now.” Shampoo got up and dragged Mousse away from the two teens who were still bright red. “Thanks...” Miko mumbled softly. “For what?” Ryoga looked confused again. “You didn’t have to agree to Shampoo’s suggestion.” Miko replied, kicking at the ground. “But I wanted to... because I...” He couldn’t finish. “Because you what?” The brunette looked up at him, her innocent blue eyes shining with confusion. “Because I... I love you Miko.”

This stunned the poor girl. Her eyes were wide with shock. Her best friend loved her? Now that she thought about it. The constant blushing and stuttering around her, being over protective of her... it made sense now. But did she feel the same way? Miko smiled softly. You bet. She walked closer to the lost boy, tilting his head up so she could look him in the eyes. “I love you too.” she murmured softly. The next thing she knew, she had her lips locked in a passionate kiss. Now she realized, that they would be together forever. Nothing could tear them apart.

~Can I cry as much as I want to?

Can I scream at the top of my lungs?

Until the snow stops...