Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ RaEl Book1: A Long Forgotten Legacy ❯ Ra-El Book1: Chp 0 - 5 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma 1/2 and all related characters are the property of Rumiko Takahashi and VIZ video entertainment.

Superman and all realted characters are the property of Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel DC comics and Warnner Bros.

All DC characters are the properties of the respected creators, writers and of DC comics.

Tenchi Muyo and all related characters are the propety of Masaki Kajishima and Pioneer

Sailormoon and all related characters are the property Naoko Takeuchi and DiC entertainment.

Ah! My Goddess and related characters are the properto of Kosuke Fujishima and Pioneer.

Mortal Kombat and related characters are the property of Midway Manufacturing Company and Acclaim Entertainment.

Gold Dogger is the property of Fred Perry and Anartic Press.

Megaman and all related characters are the property of Capcom .

There's alot more I'll post them as they come
________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________
Ra-El Book1 - A Long Forgotten Legacy

Prologue

Sixteen years and nine months (give or take a few days) ago:

A crimson haired woman cried in her lover’s arms. He held her for dear life and knew that he did not act now he would never leave.

“Please don’t leave,” the woman pleads as she cried, holding him tightly. “If you go back, I just know that you’ll never return.”

“I wish I could Ma-hal, but I gave my brother my word that I would return should I find a suitable place to evacuate our doomed world,” he said. “I swear my heart and soul to you Ma-hal. I promise to return. I look forward to seeing Ra-El upon my return.

(AN: Mahal is the Fillipino term for love. It is used here as the term "beloved".)

“You knew,” The crimson haired woman said in surprise. “I did not wish news to burden you or make you feel trapped...”

She was cut off when her lover kissed her with a kiss that touched the very core of soul.

“You are my world, my family, and my greatest reason to return. I want to grow old with you and raise Ra-El like good father should. I will return to you,” he said.

The man removed a thin chain around his neck that held a small crystal and gave to his lover.

“Take this and give to him when he’s old enough, I want him to keep this till I return to him. Just make sure to tell him not to get it wet until he’s of age,” he said with a smile.

The lovers parted from their embrace and the woman watched as her lover entered his crystalline ship with tears spilling from her eyes. His ship ascended to the heavens, as he watched his lover and the planet he grew to love vanished into the vastness of space. From Earth-side the woman clutched on the small crystal still weeping for her lost love.

Six Years later:

A crimson haired woman knelt in front of a crying boy comforting him before he leaves with his father on a training journey.

“My son, please do not despair. When you return to me you’ll be a strong warrior. I look forward to that day. Will you do me that honor,” she asked.

With quivering lips and streaming tears the boy said, “I don’t wish to go mother, I will miss you too much. But I will, for us. For the honor of our family, I will be strong. When I return I will be able to protect you. I swear.”

The woman threw her arms around the little boy. His words pierced her heart as she was saying good-bye again to a piece of him that left so long ago. She opened his palm and in it she placed a crystal in his small hand.

“A gift my son,” she said. “To keep you safe. Keep it away from your father and whatever you do, keep it from getting wet. Promise?”

The boy nodded, when a portly man in dirty gi came by and said it was time to go. One last hug and the mother and son clung for dear life and one last look as they disappeared from each other’s lives.

Four months later:

“Please father! Don’t do this,” the boy yelled.

With his body covered in fish products, he was repeatedly flung into hole filled with staving cats of various species. Try as he might, he couldn’t get out of the pit. He was being skinned alive as claw after claw tore through him. He called to very deity he could yell to take away the pain or quick death; but something happened there at that moment, in that pit. His eyes burned and stung, but not from the blood that covered his body. A final scream of agony and all the clawing stopped. The lid to the pit was blown off and the smell of burnt flesh and hair came pouring out. When the portly man came to check on the boy, he found him there in the fetal position, barely clothed, covered in blood and weeping.

Ten years later:

Somewhere China an adventuring father and son entered the mist-covered valley of Jusenkyo. A Chinaman came from the mist and welcomed the pair to what he described as the “Valley of the Cursed Springs, Jusenkyo.” The father looked on in awe as the mist slowly cleared and revealed the valley full of various sized springs with varying bamboo poles erected form the springs.

"So this must me the legendary training grounds of Jusenkyo I heard about," the father thought as leapt on one of the bamboo poles.

“C’mon boy lets get started,” the father yelled at boy that stood near the Chinaman.

“I’m come’n old man,” the boy said as he leaps to an adjacent pole.

Neither heard the warning the Chinaman called out. The pair began an aerial combat dance that spanned from pole to pole, neither giving in to defeat. The boy with an unearthly grace executed kicks, punches, and various maneuvers. He weaved through the air as if he could fly. This dance was soon finished when the boy sent his father falling in a spring with roundhouse kick. The spring began to bubble where the father fell and then something came out and landed on pole near the boy.

A soaking wet panda wearing a gi and glasses on its head and was balancing on a pole next the boy.

“What the hell is that?” The boy yelled at the Chinaman shocked at what happened.

“No head warning sirs, now he fall in spring of Drowned Panda. Very tragic tale of panda that drowned in spring 800 year ago. Now who ever fall in spring take body of panda bear,” the Chinaman yelled.

The panda let a growl as it attacked the distracted boy. Fate however had greater plans for the boy, as the sudden attack sent him flying over the spring of “Drowned Girl” and crashing into a well near a hut that might be the Chinaman’s domicile. As the boy’s body sank in the well his pigtail came undone and from it came a small plastic wrapped object was released. The plastic unraveled and in it a small crystal sank closer to the boy. The crystal immediately reacted to the water and began to expand at an alarming rate and engulfed the boy, before settling down at the bottom of the well. Out side, the Chinaman and panda peered down the well hoping that boy would soon surface. The ground shook violently knocking the two onto the ground. The stones that made up the well began to collapse in itself sealing it and any hopes of retrieving the boy.

“Oh sir, that not good, yes?” The Chinaman asked the panda.

“Gwoff,” was the only response the panda said.

Deep within the sealed well the boy in the giant crystal began his transformation. His eyes opened revealing only darkness. A figure took form from a distance and came closer. It was a tall man in strange clothes that seemed to be designed for fighting. Long black hair hung loosely past his broad shoulders, his deep blue eyes seeming familiar and his very being exuded power and confidence. The boy could not move as he came near, yet he felt no threat. In fact, the man before him made him feel at ease and safe. When the man came near, he drew his hand and gently placed it on the boy’s cheek, but the boy did not feel his touch. The boy felt saddened at this and empty, though not knowing why. This man felt familiar, almost apart of him. A smile formed from the man’s lips as he began to speak.

“Hello my son.”

Ra-El Chapter1: A Brief History Lesson

"Say that again," the boy said.

"My son. You do not remember me do you," the man said with a sad smile. "This means that I have failed to return to you and your mother."

“Who are you,” the boy asked. “Where am I?”

“I am your father Ra-El. My name is Jo-El and we are in place where no can disturb us, where time means nothing, deep within your sub conscience," the man said.

"You mean I'm going crazy," the boy said backing away. "And my name is Ranma"

"No son, your Kryptonian given name is Ra-El and you're completely sane," he laughed, and then looked at Ra-El quizzically. "Except for some minor psychological trauma. The crystal I left your mother to give you has properties within it for you to activate should I fail to return,” the man said as held the small crystal out to the boy. “Here in the core of your thoughts, time is infinite. Here I can tell you of your heritage and here we can learn from each other."

"So you're some recording in this hunka glass," the boy asked as he took the small crystal from his hand.

"Something like that Ra-El," Jo-El laughed. "In this crystal I've stored a library of fighting styles that span the 23 known galaxies and the noble fighters' moral and honor codes that created and practiced them. Sadly I am merely a memory of you father. I believe the Earth term would call me is a spirit in a bottle."

The boy's eyes lit up at the mention of a near limitless knowledge of fighting arts, but a disturbing thought crossed his mind. If this man was truly his father, then all this time, all the pain and feeling of betrayal. His face fell as he thought of how worthless he was as a son that his father left him for Genma to raise. Ra-El looked to down in black vastness of his mind and tears began to fall from his eyes. The man walked up to Ra-El and placed his hands on his shoulders and spoke.

"Son, you may have a lot of doubts and questions. Speak and I shall answer them as best as I could."

Ra-El raised his head and wiped the tears from his eyes and asked the one question that burned in soul since this chance encounter.

"Why did you leave us?"

Jo-El took deep breath and began a long detailed explanation of what has come to pass.

“That is direct and honest question, my son. Come with me and all shall be revealed."

The darkness slowly vanished revealing the vastness of space and a sea of stars. Jo-El and Ra-El floated near a large planet orbiting a red sun. Jo-El pointed to the small planet and began to tell his tale.

“That my son, is Krypton. My home.”

The scenery changed and Jo-El and Ra-El appeared in a room with alien furniture and three boys about 16 years of age engaged in different activities.

"Do they know we're here," Ra-El asked

"No, son. What you see before you are just memories of my past," Jo-El said. "The three you see are my brothers and I. Those two you see hunched over the monitor lost in their studies are my brothers Jor-El and Zor-El. The one sparing with the holo-trainer, is me. My brothers valued their studies in the various sciences, while I preferred to exercise my mind and body in the martial sciences. I believe it’s the only field of science my brothers had limited their studies on. I knew about my intellectual shortcomings so I chose a different path in order to preserve Krypton. If I could not contribute to its progress, then I can make sure those who can will be protected"

The scenery changed once more and Jo-El and Ra-el appeared in what looked like a military training facility.

"Where are we now...father," Ra-El asked cautiously.

Jo-El smiled at Ra-El's acceptance of what has been transpiring.

"We are Zod's training facility. When I came of age, I decided to join the Kryptonian Imperial Army much to my parents and brother's objections. I was loyal to Zod's teachings. He swore to uphold and protect Krypton, but that soon changed. My brothers’ successes rose them to ranks of the counsel of Krypton. Around the same time, Zod became power hungry and tried to conquer Krypton. Yet beneath all that transpired, a greater threat to Krypton slowly approaches. I felt betrayed and for once faced a dilemma that was beyond me, and so I deserted Zod's army. A ronin by your terms. I sought the counsel of my elder brother Jor-El," Jo-El turned to Ra-El with a smile on his face before continued. "You know what he told me?"

Ra-El looked at him and answered, “Tell me. Tell me everything."

The scene once again changed first on a balcony made of Crystal where Jo-el and Jor-El stood, then later at the trial of Zod and lastly at room with a crystal round table where the brothers El discussed the calamity that is creeping on Krypton.

"Jor-El told me to follow my heart and my gut. I laughed at first; this was best advice one of the top men of Krypton could give. I looked at my brother in the eyes and I told him that the safety and well being of Krypton was to be preserved, even a the cost betraying Zod. During this time Jor-El’s wife was expecting their first-born and I could not be happier for him. Zor-El was later married the following season, which just leaves me. I helped plan the capture of Zod and his followers, but Jor-El was the one who prosecuted him. Jor-El also hid any evidence of my participation to Zod's capture and so Zod swore eternal vengeance against Jor-El and his descendants.

I confronted Jor-El about it, but what he said convinced me that Zod's sentencing to the Phantom Zone was the least of our problems. Jor-El for some time has been worried about the conditions of the planet and has been for some time. He's been discussing with Zor-El and me about various theories of possible outcomes of the recent tectonic, volcanic, and orbital phenomena that has been occurring in Krypton as of late. All his studies lead him to believe that a great calamity is to befall upon Krypton and that the planet's days were numbered. Zor-El and I of course took him seriously. Jor-El was rarely wrong, so I rarely questioned him on matters he is well versed in. I to felt the shifts of the planetary Ley Lines or ki to you son and knew there was something wrong. The Ley line shifts continued at the rate of Jor-El’s new findings and we both came to the realization that the planet was dying.”

The scene changes once more, this time inside the Kryptonian Counsel chamber where the brothers El presented their case to the Kryptonian Counsel.

"We presented our case to the counsel, but they mocked our findings. They mocked me because I was deserter and traitor and my brothers for heresy. So against the judgment of the counsel we sought different ways to either avert the oncoming disaster or find a way to save the Kryptonian race."

The scene changes again, this time in the hidden subterranean laboratory in the house of El.

"Zor-El's plan was designing a sub-spatial city-sized bunker complete with supplies for a few years in the Phantom Zone, until such time as the planet stabilizes itself. Jor-El’s plans however were far more drastic, total evacuation of Krypton. I happened to agree with him so our task was to find a suitable planet that could be suit us. One planet in the Orion system met all the conditions to sustain us. However the existing sun in that galaxy was yellow and we did not know how the different radiation would affect us. This planet however the was still in an uncharted region of space. I volunteered to scout this location and I convinced both my brothers that it was the right thing to do. So we modified a Kryptonian satellite that was due to launch for interstellar travel to hold me in suspended animation and programmed it destination for Earth, and that son is how I came to your world.”

The scene changes once more. High above the Earth the crystalline satellite collided with an orbiting Earth satellite, Jo-El’s ship braking through the Earth’s atmosphere and crashing somewhere in the out skirts of the district of Juban Japan.

Jo-El continued his tale,

“I did not know that the impact with the alien satellite had damaged the life support systems. If I did not crash near your mother’s house, I would have probably died. Nonetheless, she was the one who found me and took cared of me for the next three days that I was unconscious. That’s how we met. I could not stay long after I recovered. I made my observations and found that this planet could sustain our kind and with an added bonus that took me by surprise. Trough all of that and even knowing what I am, I still fell in love with your mother. Now I will be honest with you son. It was union that should have not happened, but love is fickle thing and has a way getting past most men’s better judgments.

That added bonus I said before, well go over as soon as you start your training. Although I will not know the full effects of these benefits since you’re a hybrid. My ship was repaired eventually, and I needed to make my way back to Krypton. Your mother never told me about you, but I knew. The Ley lines that covered her body told me. I truly did not want to leave her son, but I was honor bound to return. I hope that satisfies your question son.”

The scene faded in to darkness leaving father and son.

“So, my son,” Jo-El said. “Are there more questions you want answered?”

Ra-El smiled and only said,

“When do we start to train?”

Outside the crystal cocoon at the bottom of the well, the water started to bubble. The crystal began to glow as Ley lines began to cover Ra-El’s body. Topside, the Chinaman and the panda were trying dig the collapsed well were again knocked down as the earth trembled. Both wondering if the boy below is still alive.

Ra-El Chapter 2: Growing up and Allies

The ground continued to violently shake, cracking the Earth. Quickly getting on their feet the Chinaman and panda ran into the small house for cover. The collapsed well and small patch of Earth around it buckled, and then exploded sending rocks, debris and dirt everywhere. The flying rocks and dirt destroyed the Chinaman’s small house. Genma and the Chinaman crawled out of the rubble to see the remnants of the well. Genma panicked and began to think of ways to still fulfill his master plan, since the boy might be dead. Unbeknownst to both Genma and the Chinaman, that the crater that used to be the well was caused by the crystal cocoon rocketing from beneath the Earth into the sky and headed towards an unknown destination.

The crystal cocoon broke through the clouds and suddenly stopped. Floating there the crystal cocoon slowly turned so that Ra-El’s frozen form was facing the sun. The Ley lines that covered Ra-El’s glowed brighter in an intricate computer circuit-like pattern. The only recognizable symbol was the Ley lines that gathered in the middle of his chest, forming complex variation of the coat arms of the house of El. However in stead of a simple serpentine “S” on the shield, the Ley lines formed an intricately beautiful serpentine dragon in a from of an “S.” The solar radiation was intensified by the crystal cocoon and introduced to Ra-El’s body correcting any malnutrition and any existing physical injuries. Ra-El’s transformations also consisted of a slight gain in height and slight muscles mass increase and tone. His face now looks more mature as if aging a few years, giving him a handsome and slightly rugged look; but most of all a distinguishing follicular behavior of a split curl that adorn the right side of his forehead.

Inside Ra-El’s thoughts:

Jo-El walks by Ra-El as he does a complex alien kata. Here in Ra-El’s thoughts where time has no meaning, Jo-El spent the equivalent time of six Earth years in teaching Ra-El the martial sciences of the of the 23 known galaxies. However due to Ra-El’s dual linage, Jo-El could not fully educated him the inherited benefits of the solar radiation caused by the Earth's yellow Sun, so Ra-El trained in near Kryptonian conditions. Jo-El simply instructed him to be aware of what those possible benefits might be should it manifests in a later time.

Ra-El soaked all this information like a sponge and was already adjusting the variations between styles. In doing so Ra-El’s has managed to combine a good half of all the styles he learned with the majority of the Kryptonian style “Kry-Ou” (Pron: kree you) into one style, which aptly named after his father and family line. Ra-El’s is now the only master of the Jo-Ryu-El. The “Dragon House of El” fighting style, which made the “Anything Goes” look like a warm up kata for a child. However Ra-El cloud only willing learn two thirds of the galaxies known fighting styles. Jo-El just couldn't understand why Ra-El losses all offensive prowess when introduced to any feline combat styles and fighters. Ra-El’s term “Neko” for any feline fighting style and race happens to consist of a third of the 23 known galaxies; this meant that Ra-El would be at a disadvantage when he faces fighters with such skills.

Flash thought/back whatever:

In a Kryptonian version of a dojo Jo-El began to teach Ra-El the art of Kry-Ou. He describes the style’s uses of Ley line manipulation to affect everything in and out of combat. Ley lines are similar to ki and the distinctive auras they produced. So he first taught Ra-El the skills necessary to see all Ley lines. Ra-El however, had to relearn how to perceive the natural world after he learned this skill. After all it was hard to interact with the world seeing like the “Matrix” coding, but instead of digital runes, he sees various aura signatures and colors outlining everything he could visually and mentally visualize.

Next, Jo-El taught his son the how to manipulate these lines according to varying categories. A metabolic application enhances healing rate, durability and toughness of the user. Transportation dealt movement, speed and agility. Kinetics showed Ra-El an array offensive attacks both melee and ranged due to the manipulation of lines that govern the elements. Metacreativity allowed Ra-El to form Ley/ki based melee weapons and defensive items such as ice swords or fire shields. Hyper-senses boosted all sensory sensations giving Ra-El a near sixth sense in combat. Thought-shield heightened Ra-El’s defenses against mental attacks and manipulations. Mastering these skills took majority of Ra-El’s training, but since Ra-El’s creation of Jo-Ryu-El; he found new and unique ways to use these disciplines to get the upper hand in battle.

End flash thought/back whatever.

“Ra-El,” Jo-El said interrupting his kata.

Ra-El stops his fighting dance and faced his father.

“Yes father.”

Jo-El faced his son and got into a fighting stance. The scenery changes and father and son are now at a Kryptonian coliseum.

“My Son, you have absorbed all that I could teach you. The energies stored in this crystal matrix are slowly fading and there is one more task needed to be done before you return to your world.”

Ra-El understood what he meant and went to a fighting stance. He nodded his head to his father and he retuned the nod. Ra-El tapped the line of speed and charged towards his father. Just before Ra-El’s fist connected with his father’s face, Jo-El vanished. Before Ra-El could recover, Jo-El appeared behind him and grabbed his leg and began to swing him around in circles. Ra-El swung his fist to the ground breaking the small surrounding Ley lines. This resulted in the large explosion beneath father and son. Jo-El released him as he dodged flying debris and Ra-El was sent flying 30 meters and was imbedded in a stonewall.

Jo-El charged towards his son. Dislodging himself from the wall, Ra-El already sensed his father rushing towards him. Ra-El feinted just before his father’s impact; he then grabbed his father’s arm and used his momentum to slam him into the wall behind him. Using kinetic energy Jo-El blew the wall he was in sending rocks hurling towards Ra-El. Ra-El formed a spiraling column of air around him, creating a barrier that deflected the storm of rocks. Jo-El created a lance of electricity and launched at Ra-El. The lance pierced the wind barrier stunning Ra-El and dispelling the barrier. Jo-El slammed both fists to the ground creating a wave of jagged rocks heading towards his son. Ra-El stomped his foot on the ground stopping the wave of rocks about a meter from him. Suddenly he was blindsided by Jo-El’s flying kick, which sent him staggering back a good three meters. Ra-El quickly recovers and took a defensive stance and began to weave the elemental Ley lines. Jo-El saw this as an opening and launched himself towards him. Ra-El rouse worked as he sprung his trap.

“Jo-Ryu-El final attack.” Ra-El yelled as he struck out his palm. The elements swirled and gathered at his palm and formed an orb.

Jo-El sensed his son's concentration as he continues to gather energy and used the speed line to double his speed towards him.

“Four Dragon Raid,” Ra-El cried as the orb in his palm split into four serpentine dragons of the four elements and headed towards Jo-El. The dragons began to braid themselves together into one giant dragon of positive energy and collided with Jo-El, who barely had enough time to adjust his defenses to the on coming attack. There was a loud explosion and when the dust settled, there was a large crater that took a third of the coliseum and at its center Jo-El lies unconscious. Ra-El fell to his knees completely exhausted.

“I don’t think I’ll be able to that too often.” He thought just as he passed out.

Ra-El began fall, but was caught by Jo-El. He carried him in his arms as he looked at his double in the crater as it vanished and turned his attention to his son. A sad smile was on his face. He knew that he was only the memory of this boy’s... this young man’s father, but nonetheless he was proud of him.

“It’s time son. The world awaits you. You will find allies to aid you in your journey and foes that will stand against you. Carry the values of Kry-Ou in your heart. Be selfless, defend those who cannot, keep your word, and above all stay true to yourself. I will always be with you my son, I pass to you the legacy of our proud family and will live on in you and the legacy you leave behind.”

A pair of Kryptonian bracers appeared on Ra-El’s arms and a Kryptonian crystal stud pierced his right ear inside the crystal cocoon. On the bracers the principals of Kry-Ou were engraved. Suddenly the crystal cocoon began to crack and fall apart.

“A gift son, I wore them proudly as one of many of Krypton’s defenders. Now they are yours as reminder that no matter what happens, you are not alone. Good bye Ranma, I will be watching over you.”

The crystal cocoon shattered sending Ranma falling to the Earth. Far bellow a group of females were fighting a group of half beast-men. One of the females was unconscious and other two stood beside her to defend her from the attackers. The half beast-men began to charge, when something crashed in front of them making a small crater. Thinking that enemy reinforcements were near by, they retreated back in to the woods. The two women walked towards the small crater and was amazed at what they saw.

"Ayia!" the lavender haired woman said.

"Ay-ia indeed." the other said with a wicked grin on her face.

In it they saw a very handsome and very naked young man. All he had on were a pair of metal bracers and on his chest was a glowing image of dragon in the shape of a foreign kanji on a shield that slowly faded away.

Ra-El Chapter 3: Of Mummies And Amazons

Ranma awoke, but kept his eyes closed remembering everything that happened and letting it all sink in. He found himself in a strange room with a very attractive and well-endowed lavender haired young lady watching over him.

“Ni hao.” the girl said.

“N-n-ni h-h-hao,” Ranma replied, while wondering when the hell did he learned Chinese.

Slowly Ranma sat up in bed and he felt something on his right ear. He gently felt for the foreign object on his ear and found the crystal stud. Then he looked at the bracers that were on his arms and remembered what Jo-El said before they parted. He took a deep breath...

“Are you alright,” the girl asked.

Ranma felt a faint tug of a Ley line on his right ear emanating from the crystal stud when the girl spoke.

“I’m fine thank you.” He said as he felt the same tug on the same Ley line when he responded.

“Ah! Translator,” thought Ranma.

The only door to the room opened and a beautiful woman came through with a small tray of food. She had blue waist length hair and green eyes and wore little clothing that resembles a battle bikini.

(AN: If any of you have seen Dragon Half, that‘s the one in a shade of pink and yellow; or the one Athena wore on King of Fighters)

“Xian Pu, is our visitor awake?”

“Yes Tsu-oap, he’s awake.” the lavender haired girl named Xian Pu replied.

“Good, I brought some food for him. You can go and tell Ku Lon he’s up.” Tsu-oap said.

Xian Pu bounced off, leaving Tsu-oap to tend to the young man. Tsu-oap sat on the chair where Xian Pu had sat in and handed the tray of food to Ranma.

“Here.” she said with a warm smile. “You’ve been asleep for three days. You ought to be starving.”

Ranma gladly accepted the tray and began to eat the food slowly at first, and then he began to eat with in the normal Saotome fashion.

“Slow down, there's more where that came from.” Tsu-oap said as she chuckled.

Ranma slowed his pace and then suddenly stopped eating.

“Something wrong,” Tsu-oap asked.

“N-no.”

“Then why’d you stop?”

“I... thank you. For taking care of me,” Ranma said as he looked down on his food.

“Well you did somehow help us three days ago, when you fell out of the sky that is. If you hadn’t shown up when you did, those Musk might have finished us off.”

“The who?”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m glad your fine. Where are my manners? I am Tsu-oap, the village shaman. You are in the Josenketsu; a village predominantly governed my women. What about you, what’s you name and where did you fall from?”

“Ra... My name is Ranma. I’m from Japan.”

Any further conversations were interrupted when pigmy mummy looking thingy on a stick po-goed in the room followed by Xian Pu.

“So young one, your finally awake,” the mummy asked.

“Aaaaaahhhhhhh! Mummy,” was Ranma's reaction.

WHACK!!!

SNAP!!

The mummy was caught off guard when her staff broke on Ranma’s head and didn’t even flinch. Tsu-oap and Xian Pu were shocked that the young man was still conscious and that a staff made of Ironwood was capable of breaking when whacked against a human head.

“Hmnn... This boy has a lot of hidden power in him. His ki control is at higher level than most of the village’s high ranking warriors. I must look into this further,” Ku Lon thought.

Ranma notices shift in the Ley lines as the old ghoul scanned his aura and made a mental note not to underestimate her.

“Sorry,” Ranma said as he flicked the broken staff piece off his head.

The wooden projectile spun in the air at lightning speed, that the women did not notice it fly by until it was imbedded in the wall across the room. The women's heads turned to the new wall decor blinked twice and turned to Ranma to see him rubbing the back of his head as if apologizing. Ku Lon was the first to break from her stupor.

“Forgiven child,” Ku Lon said. “Now, would you mind telling us what your doing here?”

Ranma finished the last of his meal as he considered what to say.

“The old one seems to be a good combatant, barring her age. Her Ley line signatures puts her just about a year or so below him, but even Ley lines can be manipulated to feign hidden power and skill. Xian Pu and Tsu-oap are not far from the old ghoul’s,” he thought.

“I’m Ranma. I don’t exactly know how I got here.” Ranma said.

Ku Lon hoped off her staff onto the boy’s bed and looked at his bracers. From what she could tell these bracers were well forged, made of materials she never had seen of. She also notices on both bracers something that confirmed what she was thinking of. She hoped off the bed and took her broken staff. On her way out she turned around and said,

“Well boy, you helped save my great granddaughter ,”

Xian Pu bowed to him as she heard her great grandmother spoke.

“And we owe you a debt. So you can stay here while you decide what to do. Xian Pu and Tsu-oap can help you around the village. However boy the majority of all who live here are women, so mind your manners, and do try to get into as many fights as you can.”

The last part was said as she laughed and went off leaving Ranma puzzled.

“Don’t mind the old bat, she’s liable to drop dead sooner or later.” Tsu-oap said while chuckling.

Tsu-oap reached in to her subspace pocket and handed Ranma a set of clothes. Ranma took the set of clothes and was about to get out of bed, when he noticed his state of undress and turned to the remaining women. He arched an eyebrow and smirked at them.

“Oh! I don’t mind, after all we did have to carry you back to the village in only what you had on and that my boy were only your bracers.” Tsu-oap said with an evil smile on her face.

“That’s right most of the village saw all your manly glory. They’ve been asking to challenge you as soon as you get up.” Xian Pu added.

Ranma responded by first turning pale and then turning beet red. He then threw the covers over him and began to change underneath. Tsu-oap motioned Xian Pu to follow her as she began to leave.

“Awww! And here I was hoping to actually nice little show of skin with you awake and all.”

Tsu-oap pouted.

When Ranma heard this, he immediately fell off the bed with his pants half way on and seeing the two women leaving.

“We’ll be outside waiting fro you.” Tsu-oap said as she closed the door.

Ranma finished dressing, but left the white sleeveless shirt open. He looked around the simple room and saw little luxuries a small table near the window, small fireplace and a few places for torches to hang. When he exited the small room, Ranma was greeted by the mid day sun, Tsu-oap and Xian Pu. The first thing that the village women noticed was a tall well built young man that just came out of the shaman’s clinic and was wearing a white shirt, which meant that he was fair game. Adjusting his eyes to the brightness Ranma saw a fully functioning village with hardly any males auras around for mile, except for the few young boys playing about hear and there.

He looked at the villagers; mostly women stop their daily routine and stare at him. Ranma gulped as the hairs on the back of his head started to stand on ends and the only thought in his mind was that he should get out of here… NOW! Some of the stares he received made him feel like a cornered animal. Tsu-oap moved next to Ranma took his well-toned arm and began to drag him away from the stalking eyes of the women in the village. Tsu-oap’s action did not go unnoticed as most of the village women gave her the evil eye.

“Don’t mind them Ranma, it has been a while since a male of your... type has been seen in the village.”

“And what type would that be Tsu-oap,” Ranma asked nervously.

“The kind good enough to eat,” Xian Pu said as she latched on to Ranma’s other arm.

Ranma stopped walking, halting the two girls whose response was to stare at the paling boy. They turned to look at each other and began to laugh. This got Ranma really worried.

“W-where are you guys taking me,” He asked.

“Where else, but the village feast,” Xian Pu said.

“I’m not gonna be in the menu, am I,” Ranma asked nervously.

The only response he got was Xian Pu and Tsu-oap laughing heartily and began to drag Ranma once more towards the center of the village.

“If you behave, may be a few of us can share you for desert,” Tsu-oap said in sultry tone.

Ranma gulped and began scan his environment to see any escape route.

“Please...The feast is in your honor for saving us three days ago,” Tsu-oap said as she started to pout and her eyes watering.

“But I didn’t even do anything. I was out cold when I got there, you said so yourself,” Ranma half argued.

“Still, its not nice for you not to come to the feast. Many of the villagers wanted thank you for what you did and it would be a shame if you did not attend or do we some how displease you,” Xian Pu added as turned on the waterworks and pouty lips.

Thus Ranma singed his utter demise as he fully surrendered to the two near weeping girls and allowed himself to be dragged to the feast with their tears forgotten. For a future superhero, he is sure to have his hands full dealing with female adversaries in the near future. When they got there, most of the villagers were already gathered. The tribe elders were seated at a long table with Ku Lon at the center, while the rest of the villagers, again predominantly female were seated on mats on the ground.

Ranma was lead to the elders’ table and was presented by both Xian Pu and Tsu-oap as the young man whose unexpected arrival foiled the Musk ambush of the village hunting party. Each elder gave Ranma their thanks and bid him to join them at their table. Ranma graciously declined as he joined Xian Pu and Tsu-oap on mat in front of the elder’s table. The elders began to talk amongst themselves at the young man’s actions. Ku Lon stood up from her chair and addressed the young.

“Young man, you have impressed us with your humble act. Most of your kind would boast at such an opportunity but you chose the later. You are indeed worthy of this celebration.”

Ranma stood and bowed to the elders, before he approached them.

“Elders, I am humble and honored by this, but truly I do not deserve this much. My coming here was at most an accident.” he said sheepishly.

“Non sense boy, accident or not you did cause enough of a distraction that allowed for my great grand daughter's safe return. Now enough of this talk and enjoy this feast in your honor,” Ku Lon said as she returned to her seat.

Ranma sighed in defeat and joined the village in their celebration. However something still bothered him. He felt as though he’s being watched. He sensed strong aura near by well hidden was watching as the celebration continued. Ranma tensed slightly knowing that he felt this only the presence of nekos. Something big was soon going to happen and he knew it.

He let the thought slide as he listened to the stories the villagers told him of their history and culture. Ranma never felt this welcomed before. No one stole his food from his plate, in fact people were encouraging him to have more. After the meal some of the women began to take out some musical instruments and shortly music filled the air. All through the celebration Xian Pu and Tsu-oap never once let Ranma out of their sight. Ranma was about to relax when some of the women began to approach him and drawing various melee weapons.

“Awww! What now,” he thought. “Did Genma screw these people over to and did they know I traveled with him?”

Again feeling cornered Ranma stared to slowly back away, until Tsu-oap grabbed his arm.

“Don’t worry just follow my lead.” she said as she grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt pulled him in for a kiss. The whole village gasped at the sight. Some were very angry that they did not even have a chance with the new comer. Ranma’s reaction however was completely different.

Ra-El Chapter 4: Marked - Round 1 Fight!

There was village wide gasped as the perky independent shaman just initiated a lip-lock with the new village hero. Some of the women just sheathed their weapons, while others started to talk among themselves. There are a few who just gritted their teeth and began to sharpen their knives, sword or spears while staring daggers at the couple. Ku Lon blinked twice from her chair, something that has been happening a lot today. However, a wicked grin grew from the old ghoul’s face that would make the Grinch proud. Xian-Pu looked shocked and a bit miffed at her friend who just got the jump on her in getting the new horse in the stable.

Ranma on the other hand, isn’t doing well, sort of. Ranma was so caught off guard by the kiss that even the split curl on his forehead actually straightened itself out like compass needle pointing north and then fluttered limply in the wind. Reluctantly or just pretty damned confused to what the hell just occurred, he broke the kiss and held Tsu-oap at arms length. There was a goofy grin on his face and his eyes were doing a good impression of a pair of dinner plates with dots in the center. Then he began to swing his head left and right to see every ones reactions.

To the right, he saw the elders at the table whispering among themselves while staring at him. A chill ran down his spine as he saw Ku Lon looking at him, blinked twice and suddenly formed an evil grin on her wrinkly old face. When he turned to the left, he saw Xian Pu caught in between shock and jealousy. From behind her Ranma saw some of the village women idly sharpening their weapons. Apparently Tsu-oap was still reeling back from her affirmative action, which gave Ranma time to think.

C:/ Program Sequence Alpha

1: Assess situation…

Tsu-oap initiated intimate contact

Elder hatching possible evil plan

Xian Pu appears to be upset

Women sharpening various implementations of pain

2: Hypothesize Current Predicament…

User error

3: Execute Immediate Action…

Processing …

C:/ Program Sequence Alpha/ All Useful Tactical Retreat Data For Similar Situation

Accessing

No Tactical Retreat Data On record For Current Situation

“Shoot!” Ranma thought.

Does Not Compute

C:/ Program Sequence Alpha/Suggestions…

None

C:/ Program Sequence Alpha/Execute Sequence Omega

Executing Sequence Omega

Opening Saotome Files

C:/Program Sequence Alpha/ Saotome Files/ Execute Saotome Final Attack

Processing…

Executing Saotome Final Attack

Run Away

Now somewhere in the time it took to assess the situation and taking a course of action, our protagonist forgot that he was still holding the girl. The result was, as he executed the Saotome final attack “Run Away,” he unknowingly took Tsu-oap with him. Those left on the village center simultaneously blinked twice, did a double take and then rubbed their eyes as the couple they were staring at suddenly just disappear in a gust of wind. The creature hiding near by had already left to follow the now missing couple. The grin on the old ghoul’s face grew wider as she came to a possible conclusion of the boy’s origin.

Ranma’s world blurred around him and he did not know where he was headed. He did however notice that he was still holding Tsu-oap and abruptly stopped, plowing a small section of forest ground. Ranma tried everything to try and snap her out of her stupor. He even thought of kissing her again, but came to the obvious conclusion that doing so will probably cause more harm than good. So he did the next best thing, he snapped his fingers about a foot and a half away from her face. That knocked Tsu-oap out her dream-like state, had her ears ringing and scared any animal life within a half-kilometer radius around them. Finally gaining full consciousness and stopping the ringing in her ears, Tsu-oap now notices that they were not in Kansas any more and that she was alone with Ranma. Ranma sheepishly smiled at her as she comes to grips with their current situation.

“Weren’t we at the village a second ago,” she hesitantly asked Ranma.

Ranma stifled a small chuckle with his hand behind his head, before answering.

“That’s kind a my fault. I sort a bolted out of the village after we…umm… You know. Only I kind a forgot I was holding onto you when I left and now we’re here. Wherever here is? ”

Tsu-oap couldn’t help but let out a small laugh and thought that it has been quite some time since anything exciting has happened to village in long time. When she took a look at he their surroundings, Tsu-oap knew immediately where they were.

“This is where you were brought to us,” Tsu-oap said shyly as she pointed to a medium sized crater a few feet away.

A moment of awkward silence passed and a light tension built up between the two.

“That umm…you know…a back at the village,” Ranma hesitantly asked.

Tsu-oap willed the blush she had to go away and pang of disappointment appeared and vanished from face, before she broke her silence.

“You don’t have to worry about it. I just gave you some breathing space from the rest of the women from the village.”

For a moment Ranma looked confused.

“How does you… well you know…”

“The kiss?”

“Yeah. How does that help?”

“Easy. The women can’t go after you, if you’re married to me.”

And for the second time today Ranma’s split curl stuck out like compass needle and had he any water in his mouth, he would do a spit take. Also his eyes were the size of dinner plates again.

“D-did you say m-married? You and me?”

“Yuppers.”

Ranma started to hyperventilate and an on set of nausea tore through him. Tsu-oap places her hands on his shoulders and started to calm him down by making him look at her and focus on her eyes. Apparently this wasn’t working.

(AN: Guys get you heads out of the gutter, keep one hand on the table and the other on the mouse. The one attached to computer.)

“Hey!” Tsu-oap yelled as she slapped him.

Tsu-oap clutched her hand immediately after doing so; hitting Ranma was like a refresh–a-course on the “Breaking Point” technique for beginners. Ranma quickly snapped out of his panicked state and quickly took her injured had in his.

“Sorry, it’s just…”

“Listen Ranma, its not a set in stone thing. The kiss I gave you engages you to me. It does mean we’re married …not yet. I just didn’t want you to be hassled by all the women in the village while you figure out what to do,” She said timidly as she took back her hand.

“But I can’t stay, I have to find my mother and tell her what a lousy bastard Genma is. That means that... What a bout your honor?”

Tsu-oap smiled as she touched Ranma’s cheek.

“I said don’t worry, remember. If you paid attention to what the mummy said at the clinic and the stories the villagers told you about our culture, then you know that any eligible men of strong lineage will be fought over by any unmated Amazon. So I kind of took you out the market. If anybody wants you, they have to go through me.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because… You kind of remind me of…me. I to woke up in this village long ago, but I have no past to remember being so young when they found me.” Tsu-oap said.

“So you’re not from around here?”


“Nope, Ku Lon said she found me by a muddy river bank and raised me as her own with Xian Pu after her mother passed away.”

“But won’t being engaged to me put you in danger?”

Any further conversation was cut off when out of nowhere something rammed Ranma and knocked him into the crater he crashed in three days ago. Ranma picked himself up and saw that the crater had some green glowing rocks scattered in it. So far these rocks didn’t have any affect on Ranma, until he passed his hand over one. The first thing he noticed was that he could not feel and see any Ley lines second was the veins in his hand and arm became visible in sickly dark green color. Ranma didn’t have time to worry about this, he was attacked and Tsu-oap might be hurt. Quickly gathering himself, he stood up just in time to see his attacker. A creature about eight feet tall in a hood and cloak was standing outside the crater holding a battle worn and unconscious Tsu-oap by her neck.

“Let her go.” Ranma shouted, “Fight me.”

The hooded figure laughed he threw his robe and hood off revealing a huge weretiger. He then threw Tsu-oap against an oak tree and rushed towards Ranma. Shocked by what the creature was Ranma was not able to defend himself in time as his clawed hand slashed his chest. Ranma fell over in pain and the weretiger kicked him in the kidneys. The weretiger’s massive hand gripped Ranma’s head like a basketball and raised him off the ground. He turned Ranma to face him.

“My apologies kid, I’m just following Lord Herb’s orders.” He growled.

Ranma was pounded by the weretiger’s fist in his gut then followed by a knee. The weretiger then slammed Ranma face first into the dirt littered with the glowing green rocks. He then stomped his foot on Ranma’s back. Ranma’s mental state is going critical and his heart rate drastically increased as a single mantra was going through his thoughts.

“Enough!”

Punch to the gut.

“Enough!”

Knee to the gut.

“Enough!”

Face planted to the ground.

“Enough!”

Foot planted on his back

“Enough!”

The weretiger grabbed Ranma’s head again like a basketball and threw him out of the crater. (Daaaa da da da daaaa. Daaa da da. Or queue John Williams’ Superman theme whichever feels appropriate) Ranma flew through the air passing the boundaries of the glowing green rocks radiation and fell a tree near Tsu-oap’s unconscious body when he slammed against it. Ranma’s injuries began to quickly heal as he pushed himself onto his knees, his chest hurt and his eyes burned. Tsu-oap slowly gained consciousness and what she saw frightened her. She saw Ranma on his knees with his head bent down and towards him charged a huge weretiger. With her body still in pain she tried to get up to help Ranma, only to fall down not too far from him. Suddenly Ranma’s head snapped forward and his eyes were glowing a fiery red.

“EEEENNNNOOOOUUUUGGGGGHHHH!” Ranma shouted as large beam of red light came from his eyes headed straight for the charging were beast.

The weretiger did not have a chance to doge the beam as it burned a path from its lower left abdomen to its upper right shoulder. Unable to withstand the pain the weretiger lost consciousness and fell just few feet from Ranma.

(AN: For you Street Fighter fans, you should know this is a similar scene made infamous by Ryu where his “Shryu-ken” or Dragon Uppercut gave Sagat that huge scar on his chest.)

The fiery beam of light continued to pour from his eyes and lit a tree on fire.

“Ranma, you have to stop. You’ll burn the forest down if you don’t” Tsu-oap screamed.

Ranma did not want to turn to her, because he might hurt her since he did not know how to control this stage of the Neko-ken. He tried to stop the beams with his hands only to burn them.

“I… CAAAN’T!” he yelled, so he turned his head sky ward, sending twin red beams of light to the heavens to avoid setting the whole forest ablaze. Again the hybrid coat of arms of the house El glowed from his chest as he screamed in agony.

The beams of light intensified and can be see from a great distance, even from space. The village’s attention was taken when they saw the twin beams of light coming from the forest near the hunting grounds headed heavenward. A panda swimming off the shores of the China Sea stopped as he saw the same phenomena.

This large use of stored solar energy in Ranma severely depleted his reserves. A moment later the twin beams of light flickered and the stopped, followed by Ranma loosing consciousness and collapsing onto the ground. When Tsu-oap managed to get herself to Ranma, she was relieved to see that the young man just fell unconscious from over exertion and before she succumbed to her injuries the last thing she saw was the entire Josenketsu village coming to their aid.

Ra-El Chapter 5: The Morning After and Ms. Not Appearing In This Fic

Ranma awoke once again in the same room where he met the Amazons with a feeling of dejavue’. He ran his hands through his hair and let out a breath, when felt something on his chest. Ranma looked at his hands and deduced that whatever was on his chest was not his arm. He slowly propped himself up to see what was applied on him and found a slender arm draped across his chest. Ranma then very carefully followed the arm to its owner. Tsu-oap lay beside him with her hair slightly spread on her pillow. Her beauty stunned Ranma as he brushed s tray lock of her blue hair from her face and in doing so made her snuggle closer to him. However snuggling closer to Ranma moved some of their bed covers and revealed both their current state of undress. Ranma noticed and panicked.

“Gaaahhhh!” he yelped as he quickly tried to get out of bed, only to fall off arms flailing and taking the sheets with him.

THUD!

Tsu-oap slowly woke up from the sudden noise just in time to see Ku Lon and Xian Pu come in with some food and clothes. Ranma also noticed this and was quick to recover. He hurriedly stood up and covered himself with the sheets.

“Elder, it’s not what you think, we…a…” Ranma sputtered.

Tsu-oap began to stretch like a cat on the bed completely oblivious to the fact that she’s in her birthday suit. A wicked grin was on her face as she looked at Xian Pu. She half yawned and said,

“So that what they meant by breaking a wild horse.”

(AN: Since I told you what she usually wears in Chp3 with the battle bikini, nudity is practically second nature to her.)

Ku Lon looked at her with dull eyes and knew for a fact that nothing could have happened since both were placed in bed unconscious. That and their auras would have shown if such an act did occur.

“Put some clothes on child and quit teasing your sister,” The old ghoul said as tossed some clothes on her head.

“Awww, your no fun.”

“Elder I swear on my…”

“Oh, hush boy. Xian Pu and I were the ones who put you to bed together after what happened yesterday and neither of you reek of a night’s weeding romp. Anyways, there’s not much that we could get from weretiger, for now. Now get dressed and have some food, we’ll wait for you outside so we can talk about what happened the other day.”

Ku Lon and Xian Pu left. Ranma turned his back to Tsu-oap and told her to dress first he later followed, before eating the meal brought to them by Ku Lon and Xian Pu.

“We haven’t finished talking about this engagement thing,” Ranma said between bites.

“And I told you that there’s nothing to be…”

“I wanted to thank you.”

Tsu-oap blinked at this and slight blush crept on her cheeks.

“It’s just that good things rarely happens to me without a price and you do this not once asking for something in return. I…”

“Your friendship. Could I ask of that?”

It was Ranma’s turn to blink and blush from her response. Tsu-oap had cute hopeful look on he face waiting for Ranma to answer and was surprised to see Ranma reached his hand to her.

“You had me at “ni hao.”” (AN: Sorry folks I had to put that there.)

Tsu-oap took her hand in his and shook it, but their hands lingered together a bit longer before they let go with matching blushes on their cheeks. They finished with their meal and with a feeling of some understanding to their current situation.

After the meal, they joined Ku Lon and Xian Pu outside. When they got there however, they were surprised to see not only Ku Lon and Xian Pun; but also a small crowd behind a young woman. She was dressed similar to Chun Li from the “Street Fighter” series, minus the spiked bracelets and thigh high boots. Her Red hair was done in a long braid that hung over her right shoulder her blue eyes stared directly at Ranma’s, before turning to Tsu-oap. She carried with her a simple Chinese sword.

“Tsu-oap. I Lau Xian challenge you for the strangers hand.”

It took a moment to notice, but Ranma realized that the girl issuing the challenge looked exactly like him, only four inches shorter and of course female. There was panicked look in his eyes followed then by a sense of relief after scanning her Ley Lines. He let out a sight and thanked me…err Kami that she was of no relation to him.

(AN: Yes folks this is probably the only time Ranko, under a different name and OCC should show up in this fic. This dedicated to the one who wrote me saying that Ranma should have had the curse. Sorry but this is best…this is the only way I’d put the two together in this fic.)

Ku Lon expected something like this to happen and turned to Tsu-oap who just held Ranma’s arm.

“You’ll have to get through me if want to fight her,” Ranma yelled as moved Tsu-oap behind him.

There was a collected sigh among the young women behind Lau Xian. She turned to look at them to see the women with hearts in their eyes at Ranma’s proclamation. Lau Xian growled and charged towards the couple. Sword at hand she took a swipe at Ranma when she neared them. Ranma blocked with his bracer-clad arm and the sword shattered on impact and knocked Lau Xian off balance.

“Ranma, don’t let her kiss you,” Tsu-oap cried out to him.

Lau Xian quickly gathered herself and went on a defensive stance.

“So you hide behind your male now Tsu-oap.” She yelled as she tried to get a ruse out of the Tsu-oap.

“Come on think of something,” Ranma thought as he blocked all of Lau Xian’s attacks.

“I’m work’n on it,” He mentally answered himself.

“I won’t let you hurt her, she… she might be carrying our child,” Ranma yelled, stopping Lau Xian’s fist millimeters from his face.

Ku Lon eyes widened in shock as she fell off her staff and appears to be having a seizure or a heart attack, while Xian Pu’s jaw fell to the floor and her eyes large as dinner plates. Tsu-oap had a shocked and blush combo plastered on her face as she stares at Ranma. The rest gave a collective sigh of longing, envious of Tsu-oap’s mate and his gallant act. Lau Xian’s reaction was a bit more animated. Her fists fell to her side, her lips quivered and her eyes watered. She then ran away screaming.

“You broke him already.”

After the initial shock the crowd dispersed and went back to their daily routine.

“YOU IDIOT! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?” Ranma screamed in his head as he tired to catch up with what he said. “What, it worked didn’t?”

Ranma just let what he said earlier sink in and had only one thing to say.

“Shoot!”

After recovering from her shock Tsu-oap walked up to Ranma and slapped him on the back of the head snapping him out of his daze.

“Jeez, don’t you ever think about what you say, before you open your yap,” She scolded him.

“Hey, it worked didn’t it.” Ranma replied not sure if he even believes what he just said and looked confused.

Tsu-oap just shook her head and said,

“Baka”

Ranma and Tsu-oap walked to Xian Pu and snapped her out of her stupor. Xian Pu shook her head and stared at the couple before grabbing Tsu-oap and shaking her.

“Tell me that what he said isn’t true.”

Ranma stopped Xian Pu from shaking Tsu-oap so she could answer her.

“Duh!” Tsu-oap said as she straightened her clothes.

Having settled that the trio centered their attention to the twitching mummy on the ground grasping her chest. Ku Lon then final broke down and stared to laugh uncontrollably, rolling over and pounding on the ground.

“It’s finally happened,” Tsu-oap said. “The mummy finally lost it.”

Ku Lon suddenly stood up and whacked Tsu-oap over the head with her staff.

“Mind your manners young one, you may be the village shaman, but I’m still your elder.”

“Just what’s so funny granny,” Ranma asked.

“You my boy. Even I can’t believe that Lau Xian bought the whole pregnant bit,” Ku Lon cackled.

“Listen boy,” Ku Lon said seriously. “That weretiger who attacked you was Lei Ym, one of the last three surviving members of the Musk clan. Their clan practiced a now banned custom of marrying female animals that were thrown in the cursed spring of “Drowned Girl” in order for their descendants to inherit their animalistic traits for their martial arts disciplines. However due to the mystical nature of the springs the later generations somehow began to manifest the ability to shape change into their respective animal and a human hybrid form. They do have a similar weakness to lycans, silver, magic and ki can hurt them.”

“Where is he now elder,” Ranma asked.

“He’s in a cage at the edge of town. Why,” Ku Lon said eyeing him suspiciously. “We can’t kill him yet.”

“And your not going to,” Ranma said defiantly.

“What? Why?”

Ranma began to tell Ku Lon what happened the other day and the whole story of the Neko-ken and him, skipping over being the son of a visitor from another planet from several galaxies away. Ku Lon had to admit that despite the boy’s drawbacks, he is worthy of Tsu-oap hand. After Ranma told his tale, he asked to be taken to see his attacker. Ranma also asked that he left alone when he does.

Later Ku Lon took Ranma to the edge of town, where a large silver cage stood and a man with tiger striped hair sitting in a lotus position in its center. When they got there Ranma turned Ku Lon nodded his head and Ku Lon left them alone. Ranma steeled himself as he broke the large padlock that locked the cage with his fist. The man in the cage looked at him.

“If you you’re going to kill me…”

“I’m not.”

“Then…”

“Just answer my questions and get out. Do you want to kill me?”

“No.”

“Then why?”

“I was following orders from my lord. You’re sudden appearance has made him and some pompous godling uneasy.”

“Go and tell your master that if wants something done, then let him do it himself. If I ever hear anything about your clan bothering the Amazons again, I make sure that you’ll regret it.”

Lie Ym walked passed Ranma and growled making him slightly shiver.

“Boy, you’re at the mercy of the Neko-ken.”

It was statement more than a question the lycan said to Ranma.

“How…”

“I can sense the taint of the bakeneko in you. His grip is slowly diminishing. Your strong will is slowly driving it away.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

The lycan turned to Ranma baring the large scar that Ranma caused by the Neko-ken and tuned to look at the scar.

“I’m walking out of here with just this, but hear this boy. You have nothing to fear from me. You should fear the dragon and the firebird. When they hear news of my failure, they’ll hunt you to the ends of the earth and spare nothing to make you suffer.”

Lie Ym then headed for the woods and disappeared. Ranma in fit of rage kicked the silver cage and sent it flying over the horizon before heading back to the village knowing that he’ll have to deal with the Musk sooner or later, but this firebird as well. He just wanted it done soon so he can look for his mother.

Mean while somewhere on cliff side above the cursed Spring Valley, a wandering young man seeking revenge was caught off guard as flying silver cage slammed into him. He was then knocked over the cliff with the cage and fell to one of the many springs below. He tried to get swim out but the weight cage dragged him down. The last thing that he saw before losing consciousness was a lot of green glowing rocks.